The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Kicked off by tre server and can't log in

• Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    no just no
    you cant yell DDOS every time your crappy servers crap out
  • Phelaen
    Phelaen
    ✭✭✭
    if it is true, maybe spend that million to properly protect against an attack?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update: we are being impacted by a DDoS, and are still working to get everything restored as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, all, and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Maybe if you buffed Magicka DKs and removed AOE caps you'd have less DDoS attacks. Just sayin'
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Are you just saying it is a DDoS purely because everyone else is saying it or are you really getting DDoS'd?
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you just saying it is a DDoS purely because everyone else is saying it or are you really getting DDoS'd?

It's not something we throw around lightly, and certainly don't say it for fun. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭

It's not something we throw around lightly, and certainly don't say it for fun. ;)

One should hope not. Hope you do get it sorted though only so many hours left of the day off ;)
    PS4 Eu Server
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use the spare time to downlaod the redux bundle of Metro 2033/Metro last light from steam - so ZOS has about 2 hours to do their job, then the download will have finished and I would like to login to ESO again - :smile:
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So why only half of the population drops off the servers?
    Today i've found myself alone in Whrotgar 2 times and then little by little people was starting coming back i've checked in my guilds and asked between the tree factions ( with alts) but it seems that not everyone got kicked out and most of the people was able to log in immediately after.
    How can a DDoS attack effect only a few and not the entire server?

@ZOS_GinaBruno we need to take precautions and change the account passwords?
    Edited by Tonnopesce on February 1, 2016 2:38PM
    Signature

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So why only half of the population drops off the servers?
    Today i've found myself alone in Whrotgar 2 times and then little by little people was starting coming back i've checked in my guilds and asked between the tree factions ( with alts) but it seems that not everyone got kicked out and most of the people was able to log in immediately after.
    How can a DDoS attack effect only a few and not the entire server?

@ZOS_GinaBruno we need to take precautions and change the account passwords?

Exactly that. I was also asking in guilds. And some people were not effected by it at all.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This issue appears to be resolved, and you can now log back in (and stay in!). Thanks again for your patience, guys.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday morning ddos attack? Is that some ones job?
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue appears to be resolved, and you can now log back in (and stay in!). Thanks again for your patience, guys.

@ZOS_GinaBruno again, sorry for doing pressure... but the ones like me who as the eso+ membership ( and so the credit card details) "guarded" with the same password should change it?
    Signature

• Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick update: we are being impacted by a DDoS, and are still working to get everything restored as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience, all, and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

LOL okay.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

@ZOS_GinaBruno again, sorry for doing pressure... but the ones like me who as the eso+ membership ( and so the credit card details) "guarded" with the same password should change it?

Checked with our Security team, and they said there's no need to change passwords (unless it makes you more comfortable to do so!).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See you next week when the AOE cap botnets attack your servers again!
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

You seem to wish it...
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭

Sweet, sorry for the whole DDoS thing.
    PS4 Eu Server
  • alakmir
    alakmir
    ✭✭✭
    having random crashes in Cyro ,pve land ... still...
    Emeeru - AD Sorc
    Solo/ duo/ trio with Sabal/Rubeus
  • alakmir
    alakmir
    ✭✭✭

Checked with our Security team, and they said there's no need to change passwords (unless it makes you more comfortable to do so!).

still crashing ....
    Emeeru - AD Sorc
    Solo/ duo/ trio with Sabal/Rubeus
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

You seem to wish it...

And 3 nodes from the botnet agree with me. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN