The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crowns Currency Discrepancy

NovaShadow
NovaShadow
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I figured I'd get some crowns since they're on sale. My game is through Steam. I click on the crowns in the store and see the price in my currency:

iojleg.jpg

Since I'm on Steam it sends me to Steam when I click the Buy button. Annoying but I understand why. Then I look at the Steam price, not in my currency:

2ir83si.jpg

With the current conversion rate the $23.99 USD equals $33.19 AUD. So, I'm forced to pay $9.19 AUD more because my game is on Steam and I can't buy my crowns from ESO directly with my actual currency.

I'd like to know if Crowns will ever be available like time cards? So I can purchase them from EB for example in my own currency and know I'm not being charged more because my game is through Steam.
PC NA - EPHS
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a shoddy conversion rate is all. I've only ever seen them for sale in USD even when making sure it knows you're in AUS.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's....ummmm...a bit of a mishap on their end......(GREAT for us in australia/new zealand when purchasing from original store!)

I can confirm this is currently advertised as $24 AUD here........is there a way for Steam (in any way) to change currency or is it just USD?
    Edited by Qyrk on November 26, 2015 2:14AM
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    It's just a shoddy conversion rate is all. I've only ever seen them for sale in USD even when making sure it knows you're in AUS.

Yeah, it's a gigantic pain. I even went into my account area, it says you can change it to your country's currency but it doesn't actually change.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »
    That's....ummmm...a bit of a mishap on their end......(GREAT for us in australia/new zealand when purchasing from original store!)

I can confirm this is currently advertised as $24 AUD here........is there a way for Steam (in any way) to change currency or is it just USD?

My account is set as Australia but the currency says USD.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »

Is there a drop down menu under your "account details" that says "Store Region" ? Does it allow you to change this?
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »

Is there a drop down menu under your "account details" that says "Store Region" ? Does it allow you to change this?

It's already set to Australia. Always has been. Doesn't make a difference, its always been USD.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that it's $24 AUD if you buy direct from the eso store and I wouldn't trust steam not to screw you over by charging you in $US.
  • Sixthly
    Sixthly
    This is an issue for me too. If I want to buy the 5500 Crown Pack it will currently cost $39.99 USD through Steam, which converts to $57.62 AUD. This is almost $20 more than if I had the non-Steam version of the game and could purchase directly from ZeniMax. Is anyone looking into this?
    Edited by Sixthly on January 5, 2016 11:56AM
  • daroule1982
    daroule1982
    ✭✭
    Sixthly wrote: »
    This is an issue for me too. If I want to buy the 5500 Crown Pack it will currently cost $39.99 USD through Steam, which converts to $57.62 AUD. This is almost $20 more than if I had the non-Steam version of the game and could purchase directly from ZeniMax Online. Is anyone looking into this?

I am speechless.
    >_< Hail hail the gang's all here! We slay skeevers...we slay skeevers! >_<
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this be posted on the Steam forums? Seems like a Steam problem, not an ESO problem.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Drakilian
    Drakilian
    ✭✭✭
    Are crowns only on sale in Australia and US or something? Canada here, they still cost the usual price for me
    Just call me Drak
  • Sixthly
    Sixthly
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be posted on the Steam forums? Seems like a Steam problem, not an ESO problem.

The problem is that I cannot purchase from the Elder Scrolls Online store, which is not a restriction enforced for other games with in-game stores. However, while ZeniMax Online can only list USD prices on Steam for Australia, they can lower the price for our country without affecting other countries.

If the Steam price was lowered to be within 10% of the Elder Scrolls Online store I would be happy. If I had known about this issue then I would have bought the game directly from Elder Scrolls Online and not through Steam. Now I have to pay a 40% markup for the privilege of using Steam.
    Edited by Sixthly on January 3, 2016 3:58AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem is that I cannot purchase from the Elder Scrolls Online store, which is not a restriction enforced for other games with in-game stores. However, while ZeniMax Online can only list USD prices on Steam for Australia, they can lower the price for our country without affecting other countries.

If the Steam price was lowered to be within 10% of the Elder Scrolls Online store I would be happy. If I had known about this issue then I would have bought the game directly from Elder Scrolls Online and not through Steam. Now I have to pay a 40% markup for the privilege of using Steam.

So you want ZOS to lower the prices on their products to make up for Steams weird conversions?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Sixthly
    Sixthly
    So you want ZOS to lower the prices on their products to make up for Steams weird conversions?

I would prefer to purchase items directly from the ESO store. However, it would make just as much sense to lower the price for this region on Steam so that after currency conversion it is the same cost as when purchasing directly from ESO.
    Edited by Sixthly on January 3, 2016 11:57AM
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would prefer to purchase items directly from the ESO store. However, it would make just as much sense to lower the price for this region on Steam so that after currency conversion it is the same cost as when purchasing directly from ESO.

They did lower the USD price on steam so it was relatively the same as AUD but when the crowns were removed from Steam directly and changed so you have to go through the store here to get them they bumped the price back up.
    PC NA - EPHS