The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which Class do YOU feel is Overpowered?

TheNephilimCrow
TheNephilimCrow
✭✭✭
Feel free to leave thoughts and comments, but please... keep them serious. DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE TROLLING.

Other than that, I figured this would be a good poll to get the whole community's opinion.
Edited by TheNephilimCrow on October 25, 2015 10:41PM
PSN, Youtube & Twitch: TheNephilimCrow
[NA] ESO EP Guild (GM): The Order of Crows (PvE) - 300+ Members (Discontinued)
[NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

|:Veteran Rank:|
VR16 - AD Breton - S&S/Bow Werewolf Stamina Nightblade - Title "Savage Shadow"
VR 1 - AD Altmer - DW/Resto Magicka Sorcerer - Title "Spellsword"

|:Non-Veteran:|
LVL 45 - DC Bosmer - Jack of Trades (Master Provisioning, Blacksmithing, etc.)
Lvl 22 - AD Breton - Templar - Hybrid Build - PvE - Title "The Holy Knight"
LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"
Lvl 13 - AD Khajit - DW Magicka Nightblade - Title "Mystical Thief"

Which Class do YOU feel is Overpowered? 350 votes

Sorcerer
24%
FurorGilvothLegacyDMNivzruo_ESOArtisStxMoeCoastieThatNeonZebraAgainsarahvhoffb14_ESOTheBullpkb16_ESO2Springt-Über-ZwergeBugCollectorbertenburnyb16_ESOElara_NorthwindKhenarthiKitLightningotmardelfabrob16_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESOWycks 87 votes
Dragon Knight
4%
StevK44_ESOThralgafpjwb16_ESODhariusEclipse791ub17_ESOremilafoZrakieNinety9livesKnightmareYonkitShadowDiscipleDrigalSpliffoWaseemAedaryl 15 votes
Nightblade
32%
EzarethConquersSunraXexpodrzycki_ESOAbelcher339b14_ESObadmojo0777b14_ESOErock25Forestd16b14_ESOkrees28b14_ESOEpicPwnBaconMJWesslingb14_ESOKhivas_CarrickCinnamon_SpiderVynnBirdovicDracanebyrom101b16_ESOAltaris16_ESOGlarin 112 votes
Templar
3%
moonsbreathMojmirbigscoothb14_ESOBhakuramartinhpb16_ESOJar_Ekleandro.800ub17_ESOAbobRoad2insanity777Roberts3393KronuxxphillyproductitsDeej 13 votes
None of the Above
35%
MorbashGloryJoy_Divisionkendellking_chaosb14_ESOmyrrrorb14_ESObaddabumb16_ESOlolo_01b16_ESOIruil_ESOTekrystkayPOWnat_northb16_ESOstewart.leslie76b16_ESOTannakaobiScoraJitterbugSeptimus_MagnaAra_ValleriaDUTCH_REAPEReldermpsmithrwb17_ESOLord_Shone 123 votes
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Sorc ultimate Overload = Overpowered. :trollface:
    Edited by Van_0S on October 25, 2015 10:40PM
    Options
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    Sorc ultimate Overload = Overpowered. :trollface:

I appreciate puns, so, good job! :+1:
    [NA] ESO AD Guild (GM): The Blades of Ayrenn (PvP) - 45 Members (Actively Recruiting)

LVL 21 - AD Imperial - Dragonknight - Tank Build (In Progress)- Title "The Copper Knight"

Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    None are over powerd( some are just the right power and ZOS needs to revert nerf and fix the others to get on that lvl). You know what's over powwerd being able to use vigor while cloaked. There's other things that are over powerd but not classes. Hmm let me think WB timed right and going through cc immunity is over powerd, steal tornado hitting harder then single target skills is over powerd, the gap closing mechanic that stops you in your tracks and locks you up is over powerd, nerf threads are over powerd becuase that's all ZOS listens to.
    Options
  • Aerieth
    Aerieth
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    From my dueling, I can't really say any class is overpowered. I tend to lose more against magicka Templars and stamina Nightblades, but I'd say it's more of a L2P issue for me. Most even battles I usually have with sorcs though. All in all, you win some and you lose some. Most of the time it comes down to skill, strategy and execution of said strategy. Oh and Champion Points, but thankfully that problem is going away soon-ish. For the record, I PvP on my Magicka Nightblade, but haven't settled down on the exact build yet.
    Edited by Aerieth on October 25, 2015 10:51PM
    @Aerieth - PC EU Megaserver
    Ilatria Shadowcore - Lv 50 Nord Vampire Nightblade - Tank / Stam DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Maiine Shadowcore - Lv 50 Breton Vampire Nightblade - Magicka DPS - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerieth Shadowcore - Lv 50 Imperial Vampire Nightblade - Healer - Daggerfall Covenant
    From patch notes long forgotten:
    "Fixed an issue if you had a summoned pet, it could potentially be grabbed by an invisible Molag-Bal and get stuck in a floating posture."
    "Dogs can no longer teleport while chasing cats (much to the disappointment of the dogs)."
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    Aerieth wrote: »
    All in all, you win some and you lose some. Most of the time it comes down to skill, strategy and execution of said strategy
    That's the key right there. If any one class was "overpowered", they would win every time. Hence the word overpowered. Because we're not talking about a particular skill, we're talking about the class in general.
    Options
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    temps and especially DKs have been hit with the nerf hammer a bit too much though...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Options
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the Above
    DKs are stong tanks and have great dps.
    Templars are stong healers and have great group support.
    NBs can support heal while doing dps or have strong burst damage.
    Sorcs have great survivabillity while going full dps.

So there is no class that's best in everything.
    Options
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    Every time I die in IC to an enemy player, I shrug and tell myself I need to l2p better. The thought never enters my mind that the class that killed me is overpowered.
    PS4 Pro NA
    Options
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Lol. But really none of the above
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    None of them. NBs are squishy(especially stamblades) DKs have low mobility, making them easy to dodge and evade; and a templar is best at healing, its DPS skills are not overpowering.

Sorcerers can be overwhelimg at times, but that is solely due to my build and playstyle, not the class itself.
    Options
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    I think the Forum Warrior is the most overpowered class right now
    N64 NA EP
    Options
  • Levo18
    Levo18
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    I bet all Of the people who voted 'none' are NBs.....
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    None are really OP. DK is terribly out of date, and Templar needs a few touch ups.
    Options
  • Chibs
    Chibs
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    Tldr at the bottom. I have a Stam NB, Magblade, Stamplar, And Magplar. In my experience my Magblades weakness is Sorcs but I can cloak forever and overall still win most of the time. I just hate shield stackers. Stam NB is very very squishy but can absolutely destroy other players. My Stamplar isn't as squishy as my Stamblade and has slightly less DPS output but has a bit more sustain. My Magplar (Although I really hate magicka) is by far my best character, and IMHO is the best class in PvP and maybe even in dungeons. Your best self heal is automatically given to you when you first make your character (Breath of Life) and your main damage ability is as well. (Puncturing Sweeps). Combined with a chance to Crit, and proc burning light, and then proc a Crit from burning light, easily makes this ability the best DPS ability in the game, if not in PvP alone. Magplar has the best self heals, sustain, and damage imo. Anybody who thinks NBs are op has a L2p issue. Quite frankly NBs are easy mode to me. But even though I think Magplars are the best, that doesn't make them OP. No class is op. when played right, you can wreck with any class. Do what you like (As long as your not a Hybrid you'll do fine) and play how you like.
    tl;dr: no class is op play how you like and you'll be fine
    Options
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    I never feel outperformed by classes. Just by players.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surprise, surprise... it's the DPS classes that got most of the votes (not taking the "None" option into consideration)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    None of the above = Nightblades

They're the majority and on denial.
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Surprise, surprise... it's the DPS classes that got most of the votes (not taking the "None" option into consideration)

Surprise surprise all 4 four classes could be considered DPS.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright then, let's take away all DPS possibilities from each class

Problem solved
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade

Problem solved

Or let's balance them out. Sorcerers doing 50k dps is ridiculous
    Options
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly can't say. Sitting on my magicka DK everything is so far above me I can't compare the summits.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    when i play nightblade: sorcerer is over powered, all those shields stop my crits so my damage sucks and they can bolt through me if i try to stealth or just to get away. not to mention phoenix set with reduced crit damage when it does land.

when i play sorc Dk is overpowered: reflecting all my spells back at me, and roots to drain my stamina till i cant escape.

when i play DK templar is overpowered, I cant reflect channeled abilities, the jabs knock back wastes my stamina if i try to block or because i need to cc. and my damage is so low and has no burst they heal through it and purge any dots.

When i play templar nightblade is overpowered. the stealth burst opener using lethal arrow to debuff my healing on top of it weave with disease enchant on bow, and there is no visual indicator. if i dont purge as soon as it hits they ambush in and stun lock me, and if i get a purge and heal off and counter, they stealth or fear and just repeat.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    when i play nightblade: sorcerer is over powered, all those shields stop my crits so my damage sucks and they can bolt through me if i try to stealth or just to get away. not to mention phoenix set with reduced crit damage when it does land.

when i play sorc Dk is overpowered: reflecting all my spells back at me, and roots to drain my stamina till i cant escape.

when i play DK templar is overpowered, I cant reflect channeled abilities, the jabs knock back wastes my stamina if i try to block or because i need to cc. and my damage is so low and has no burst they heal through it and purge any dots.

When i play templar nightblade is overpowered. the stealth burst opener using lethal arrow to debuff my healing on top of it weave with disease enchant on bow, and there is no visual indicator. if i dont purge as soon as it hits they ambush in and stun lock me, and if i get a purge and heal off and counter, they stealth or fear and just repeat.

When is Sorc op then haha or you don't play them?
    Options
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    DK's....they got buffed so hard since launch..
    Options
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above

Problem solved

Or let's balance them out. Sorcerers doing 50k dps is ridiculous

Then how can you say that Nightblades are more overpowered?

Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above
    NerfDerps
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    None of the Above

@SemiD4rkness i have a sorc but havent pvp'd with it much i admit. but you missed the point entirely, and I know enough to feel justified for my post as i have played the other classes to know sorc is nothing for my dk, sorc is hell for my NB.

I'd explain it to you but as you seem to be jumping on anything claiming Nb doesnt need a nerf, maybe I should ask you what have you played in pvp?

Edit: if you read my post fully before comment you would see what i said about templars hating NB guessing you're a templar? :smirk: - stamina based by any chance?

you have a DK too? would explain why you think Sorcerer is nothing? or is that because you just started a sorc maybe?
    Edited by willymchilybily on October 26, 2015 2:48PM
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
    Options
  • TheNephilimCrow
    TheNephilimCrow
    ✭✭✭
    None of the Above

@SemiD4rkness i have a sorc but havent pvp'd with it much i admit. but you missed the point entirely, and I know enough to feel justified for my post as i have played the other classes to know sorc is nothing for my dk, sorc is hell for my NB.

I'd explain it to you but as you seem to be jumping on anything claiming sorc is good, and Nb doesnt need a nerf, maybe I should ask you what have you played in pvp?

He has only played one class. I think its DK or Templar. He claims that no other class is good against NB. He is going off what others have been saying.

Options
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PvP magicka templar I feel really bad for dragonknights. They are just cannon fodder to me. If it was an under-powered poll I would vote for them.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer

This just shows how much you read posts before you start your cry nerf talk... Answer to your question is in first part of first sentence. But why read post, right, when you can just not read it, and go straight to trolling and crying nerf NBs, like i see you are doing all over this forum.
    Edited by ku5h on October 26, 2015 3:01PM
    Options