The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Research crafting spreadsheet, free download

Methadone_Man
Methadone_Man
✭✭✭

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XMjHvduDk-fxtTAR9PcVDDNF2dIDRDmzTeJHxebDIw/edit?usp=docslist_api

Tired of trying to remember which attributes you've already researched? Tired of running back to the crafting station before buying an item to break down? Download and print my free spreadsheet. Please note there are 3 tabs. All researchable crafts included.

How to use:
Copy and paste link at top.
1. Print
2. Next time at a crafting station, check off the ones you already researched.
3. Each time you research, add a check.
4. Next time you're at a Guild Store or trading , check to see what you still need.

Remember, you can research traits from low level cheap gear. So long as the trait is there, it doesn't matter what level the item. Let me know if there are any mistakes.

I'm also recruiting for two guilds. Aldmeri Dominion based social guild, and cross-alliance crafting/trading guild. Send me Live message if interested. Gamertag is Methadone Man
Xbox One, North American server
Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this. A number of folks made some spreadsheets for this purpose back at release of the game on PC. But, those links have mostly aged or went away.

Something like this is invaluable to keep track of research on traits. It is what I used on the PC for a long time until I finally used an Add On for it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome. I tried to make the order of the columns and rows match how they appear in the crafting menus in game.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    So there really are NO addons for Console?

I may have to repost all my game cards I also started at Launch for the new console crowd.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    Super helpful. Thanks.
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    There is no know way to add on anything to the menus or maps. It's all manual and estimating Skyshards locations on your map
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    And here is another version of the link, which may be able to pull it up on your mobile device.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-XMjHvduDk-fxtTAR9PcVDDNF2dIDRDmzTeJHxebDIw/export?format=xlsx
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    I updated the sheet to include the proper names of the light and medium armor. They should appear in the same left-to-right order as they show in the crafting menu in-game. Let me know if you spot any errors.
  • VtCwby07
    VtCwby07
    Appreciate it!
  • brickz_va
    brickz_va
    Soul Shriven
    thanks! It's very helpful!
    "Hiding in plain sight is a practiced skill." - brickz_va

• FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion: I don't have the trait names memorized, only know the game affect. Might put a column in explaining what the ability is (unless I'm missing where it says the trait name on the inventory item.) I'm going to write them in myself on the printing I made, but just suggesting it because there is enough column space to include "sprinting costs 7% less", etc.
  • Pizza_Magician
    Hey thanks I was just getting around to making one of these myself :)

• Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    That was a good suggestion. Thanks.

And thank you for the other spreadsheet. It's quite elaborate. See, this is why I like collaboration.
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
  • Elitetownie
    Elitetownie
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Aelendil wrote: »

I added your link to my THG guild's website forums.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well here is another option for everyone as well.

This is a Goggle Sheets version of the hardcopy I have used since Beta.

There are several Tabs, I will add Enchanting tomorrow.

This is my first Google Docs conversion so please try to make a copy and then feel free to edit to your tastes. If you can't make a copy with my protection settings let me know and I will change the permissions..

Craft Manager
    Edited by SpAEkus on July 16, 2015 2:11PM
  • Dark-titan45
    Thank you for this mate, I used to always have stuff in my inventory that I could use for research but I finished most of it and now I am always looking for the thing I need and I forget what I need half the time. <3 thanks again mate, huge help to me.
    Daggerfall Convenient
    Rank - VR11 - Nightblade
    Master Provisioner
    Master Blacksmith
  • HKmongoose
    Ty was going to make one myself till I found this thread.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I drew a grid on paper. It is rather messy. Will print this and use I thinl
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since I can't remember half of this stuff, this was sweet. Thx!
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, glad people are using it. I think all the mistakes were corrected by now.

A few of us in the Crafting Dragons guild participate in an optional Facebook group and we post our own spreadsheets with the boxes filled in for what we already researched and what we have items for, but are waiting to research. Then we make low level items with the research-able trait and mail to each other to fill in the gaps.

I am getting very close to 6 traits on all heavy armor pieces. See here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17HgxRmLzINZKMCuWysleuPF_OCxHEVc03VeNSScYtrE/pubhtml
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was thinking of how I would keep track of what I'm doing, but the spreadsheet you just posted was concise and clear. Thanks for the idea....:)
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • theefunkub17_ESO
    Here's an update on my spreadsheet I've taken some parts from other people.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13CCZnENDMA3ETgJyOn1-nczCDiJ_-0KR0yJ8lNhUm6s/edit#gid=245252659
    It makes an estimate of how long the next trait will take to research and there also a section for calculating end time of current research slots so you can put it into countdown to anything mobile app for mobile alerts.