The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Group members dont show on compass

Naxaris
Naxaris
Everytime i get in a group i can never see my group members on the compass. I can see them on the map but never the compass.

I am currently playing on ps4
  • fbissette
    fbissette
    Soul Shriven
    Same. Bump
  • ChillsSilvertail
    ChillsSilvertail
    ✭✭✭
    Can see the group leader, not any other group member. Bump
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    same
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • ZOS_Gideon
    ZOS_Gideon
    ✭✭
    Hello, @Naxaris.

Not showing group member pins on the compass is an intentional design decision we made. With a couple of group members it looks okay, but once you have larger groups in Trials or in Cyrodiil, that many pins makes the compass nearly unreadable.
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Gideon wrote: »
    Hello, @Naxaris.

Not showing group member pins on the compass is an intentional design decision we made. With a couple of group members it looks okay, but once you have larger groups in Trials or in Cyrodiil, that many pins makes the compass nearly unreadable.

Any chance of having all group members appear on compass become an optional feature? It would be pretty nice in smaller groups.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Naxaris.

Any chance of having all group members appear on compass become an optional feature? It would be pretty nice in smaller groups.
    I would agree with that. There's already an internal feature which separates a "large" group from a "small" group, so a small group's members could always be on the compass, while there could be a toggle for "large" group members. Alternatively, members of a large group could use a different icon - for example, a white dot rather than a chevron (like enemies appear as red dots).
    Edited by Enodoc on June 15, 2015 6:10PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Naxaris.

When did this become intentional? It worked the first few months after April 4, then people bugged the heck because it disappeared. I don't remember anyone from ZoS officially saying it disappeared intentionally until you right now..
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • ChillsSilvertail
    ChillsSilvertail
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, @Naxaris.

Why not give US the decision and provide an option to turn it on/off? I find your lack of customer faith disturbing
  • ZOS_Gideon
    ZOS_Gideon
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hello, @Naxaris.

I would agree with that. There's already an internal feature which separates a "large" group from a "small" group, so a small group's members could always be on the compass, while there could be a toggle for "large" group members. Alternatively, members of a large group could use a different icon - for example, a white dot rather than a chevron (like enemies appear as red dots).

We'll take another look and discuss the possibility of adding group member pins on the compass sometime in the future. Thanks for all your feedback, and keep it coming!
    Gameplay Programmer - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Staff Post
  • thecags
    thecags
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, @Naxaris.

We'll take another look and discuss the possibility of adding group member pins on the compass sometime in the future. Thanks for all your feedback, and keep it coming!

Please for the love of all there is bring friends/group on compass as an optional feature. It makes it almost painful to find and play with your friends. And many (including myself and all my friends) really only play in small groups. Also, while we are here and along the same lines, having one group member complete an objective really should clear it for all group members that have the quest. It is frustrating to have to backtrack for 10 minutes because your group member didn't talk to a person or interact with an object. Please and thank you.
  • LaughingJack
    LaughingJack
    ✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Hello, @Naxaris.

When did this become intentional? It worked the first few months after April 4, then people bugged the heck because it disappeared. I don't remember anyone from ZoS officially saying it disappeared intentionally until you right now..

i agree. it has always worked for me (pretty sure) - randomly, very annoying, either fix it to work or remove it altogether. i would much prefer it on all the time regardless of numbers in group. and as most players (i generalise here) are prolly only involved in small(ish) groups, who cares if theres a bit of clutter - at least i dont have to waste precious time fumbling between map and world to try and locate my groupmates because they are not drawn after about 50 meters out (i can see a lot further than that in game - why do groups mates dissappear?).

Seeker of Shiny Objects
    Vapour Vehiculo De Dolor
    I7-920(2.6GHz), Win7-64, 8GB, HD4870-512, 40-90fps.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, @Naxaris.

I'd say necro, but I'm afraid it's still a relevant question.

sooo, how's this going? is it a feature yet?
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can see the chevron through walls. So try not to wander too far from each other.
  • Ehrlichcoleb14_ESO
    Is there an addon that can accomplish this?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are closing this thread since it's been necro'd from 2014. You are welcome to start a new thread and should post in Add-Ons & UI Mods if you are looking to find an add-on.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.