The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you guys please offer a free X Day Trial?

Makkir
Makkir
✭✭✭✭✭
I have friends that keep asking me about ESO but don't want to dish out the 60 bucks for the client without first trying the game. Can you please consider offering a 10 day trial version of the game so players can actually see and feel the world before investing the 60 bucks?
For the sake of my own playing experience I would really like an avenue to get more and more players into this game.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this. As long as the game remains at $60, it needs a free trial of some sort. Either that, or have it go on sale regularly like GW2.

Even a recruit a friend thing would work, where you can send an email to your friend, they get a trial, and if they buy you get a thingermajig.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because botters/gold spammers can abuse the free trial. That is reason enough to never implement it.

Now that ZOS wants you to shell out $$$ on "cosmetic" stuff in crown store if you can't afford the cover price to play it, maybe you shouldn't bother to begin with? (imo)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friends should be able to come over and watch you play it or you allow them to try it out on your system. Oh and I would think any store that sells PS4 and X! would have demos setup to see how ESOTU plays.
    Edited by BigM on June 5, 2015 1:41AM
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because botters/gold spammers can abuse the free trial. That is reason enough to never implement it.

Now that ZOS wants you to shell out $$$ on "cosmetic" stuff in crown store if you can't afford the cover price to play it, maybe you shouldn't bother to begin with? (imo)

Most of us adults with jobs can easily afford the $60. It's not the point. Google "Give em the pickle"

Moderator Edit: Edited per our rules on insulting comments.
    Edited by ZOS_TristanK on June 5, 2015 1:51AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily avoided. Make it impossible to trade, deposit in a bank/guild bank, or mail from a free trial account.
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I see the trial offer idea point of the OP, it does open a nightmare with botter's , spammers , and adds tons of work for the dev team to put in systems to monitor this and change it as they get around said monitors etc.

Requiring at least an upfront purchase of some amount , while it doesn't eliminate spammers, definitely cuts down on the flood that happen on complete f2p games.

ArcheAge was burned to the ground in the starting areas with the f2p accounts flooding it , literally flooding the starting areas.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily avoided. Make it impossible to trade, deposit in a bank/guild bank, or mail from a free trial account.

WoW already does this. I thought most people would realize how simple it is to "turn off" said features with a trial account so I didn't bother putting it in the OP. I don't even see why anyone would argue this, any move at this point to increase players is a good thing.
    Edited by Makkir on June 5, 2015 1:48AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just had one in April
    But it was for anyone who was in open beta. Open beta was open to everyone so maybe they'll do another welcome back weened when DLC comes or something near the holiday season
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it's not easily avoided at ALL.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    point them to streams like hitbox/twitch/you tube and such