The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My first taste of pvp... (looking for tips.. for sorcerer)

reklaw67
reklaw67
✭✭
ok so I followed some advice to do some of the pve in cryo to level further. I'm a vr11 sorc.. I went into my first delve and I had just started in on a couple npc's when some vr14 guy jumps me. I have 2 pets, crystal frag, and the dmg shield thingy.. and I'm sure that guy wasnt to good and neither was I.. but the dmg shield just worked really well.. I have a heal on my other bar so if i dropped any I'd just shield, heal, then back at it.. throwing down ultimate when it was up and blocking at times.. So that guy went down.

A little later I kill a vr10 caster but he was AFK so that doesnt count.

As I was about to exit after finishing the delve a vr13 guy jumps me. He was much better and fight lasted awhile. I had to block more, use shield and heals much more.. but I got an opening and he went down.

Ok I'm sure these guys were not pro and I'm certainly not. My gear is ok.. but I have little health and not really sure what a good pvp set up looks like. Looking for sorcerer help on what skills I need, what armor I should be looking for, and anything else.. like should i be a vamp or WW or what skills from other guild lines..

I found the pvp pretty fun for a couple 1v1.. I was surprised how well the dmg shield works. I also keep that one skill that gives 40% run speed.. find that is useful to gain a little ground. Blocking at right times seems pretty important as well. Anyway looking forward to more pvp.. but would like to "finish" my toon before I get to serious about it.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best nerf sorc thread ever.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh, ya another new/inexperience player for the OP sorcs class. This game is so unbalanced it is pathetic
  • reklaw67
    reklaw67
    ✭✭
    Well I hate to nerf myself but it was honestly pretty simple.. just had a vr 13 and a vr2 jump me in another delve.. and pretty easy kills both of them. Using a pretty simplistic strat.

Anyway I wasnt trying to brag or anything... I just wanted to say I had fun.. (and yeah this is probably because im overtuned.. or other guys are just really bad).. but I do want to learn a proper way to pvp as a sorc. I'm sure some ppl out there could give me some advice.
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are hundreds about all throwing overload light attacks and frags. If they can tear themselves away they should be able to help if not try asking in the combat mechanics or player help player forum.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reklaw67 wrote: »
    ok so I followed some advice to do some of the pve in cryo to level further. I'm a vr11 sorc.. I went into my first delve and I had just started in on a couple npc's when some vr14 guy jumps me. I have 2 pets, crystal frag, and the dmg shield thingy.. and I'm sure that guy wasnt to good and neither was I.. but the dmg shield just worked really well.. I have a heal on my other bar so if i dropped any I'd just shield, heal, then back at it.. throwing down ultimate when it was up and blocking at times.. So that guy went down.

As I was about to exit after finishing the delve a vr13 guy jumps me. He was much better and fight lasted awhile. I had to block more, use shield and heals much more.. but I got an opening and he went down.

Ok I'm sure these guys were not pro and I'm certainly not. My gear is ok.. but I have little health and not really sure what a good pvp set up looks like. Looking for sorcerer help on what skills I need, what armor I should be looking for, and anything else.. like should i be a vamp or WW or what skills from other guild lines..

I found the pvp pretty fun for a couple 1v1.. I was surprised how well the dmg shield works. I also keep that one skill that gives 40% run speed.. find that is useful to gain a little ground. Blocking at right times seems pretty important as well. Anyway looking forward to more pvp.. but would like to "finish" my toon before I get to serious about it.

You already have CF and Hardened Ward on your bar, all you need is BoL (Bolt Escape) and your pretty much good to go for PvP. It will only get better as you go to VR14 and get more magika/spell power gear. Drop a pet for Mages Fury, and maybe the other pet for Velocious Curse, and you have what most Sorcs run these days on their primary bar.

Huge damage potential, top of the line kiting abilities, and a truly great damage shield that scales higher the more magika you add - which also adds to your offense.

There is a reason why people feel Sorcerer is too strong in PvP.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    Sigh, ya another new/inexperience player for the OP sorcs class. This game is so unbalanced it is pathetic

*facepalms*

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • reklaw67
    reklaw67
    ✭✭
    Well I'm having fun. Ran up on 2 guys in cryo.. and killed both before I think they really noticed me.. but must have had more coming.. i killed one other guy as 3 more jumped me. One of them (a caster) shredded me really quick.

I need to join a pvp guild.. group pvp looks like it could be quite fun.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

You already have CF and Hardened Ward on your bar, all you need is BoL (Bolt Escape) and your pretty much good to go for PvP. It will only get better as you go to VR14 and get more magika/spell power gear. Drop a pet for Mages Fury, and maybe the other pet for Velocious Curse, and you have what most Sorcs run these days on their primary bar.

Huge damage potential, top of the line kiting abilities, and a truly great damage shield that scales higher the more magika you add - which also adds to your offense.

This is why sorcs are broke, higher damage output should come at survivability but in TESO damage-shields violates that basic PVP premise
  • reklaw67
    reklaw67
    ✭✭
    Will it be quicker to grind out my last vr levels in cryo.. or in safeland? I'm having fun but am seeing quite a bit of pvp..

Wasnt sure if cryo had increased rates for pve
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember killing a v14 in self defence when I was skyshard/lorebook hunting in Cyrodiil when I was like level 20ish. I get that Cyrodiil scales you up to level 50 or something in attributes/damage but there's still champion points, skilllines and armour and other such things still. I don't even PvP, so I was like, wat.

• Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    sorc tips? thats easy! 1st u gotta put on a snep bek (snap back) get some doritos and mt dew and some galas (glasses). put bolt escape on your bar and thats literally it. when you see someone simply press whatever number you've hotkeyed bolt escape to (preferably 420) and profit!
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Powtreeman
    Powtreeman
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky you. I just get 1 or 2 shotted by everyone. Mostly NBs but many DKs and templars are also doing it. I mean I haven't changed my build to what im going to yet but I will. I guess ill see how it goes after that.
    If you want tips look at my thread I made. I got really good answers along with videos.
    And for the people whining about how OP sorcs are. NBs are just as OP :P
    Edited by Powtreeman on May 18, 2015 2:59AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »

This is why sorcs are broke, higher damage output should come at survivability but in TESO damage-shields violates that basic PVP premise

...And we've gone full sorc nerf thread now. I have to admit this was the sneakiest and best disguised nerf thread I have seen in a while. Props for that.

Congrats on your wins in the delves OP. I think if you fight in some major keep fights, you will find that sorc is fun to play, but definitely not win button easy.