The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Gambling In ESO

Savetti
Savetti
✭✭✭
I think it would be fun to add some sort of gambling mechanic to ESO. I imagine this could be an easy addition as well, at least depending on how you go about it.
I feel the simplest method would be to have a /diceroll or /roll command that would roll numbers between 2-12. Using just this you could play Lucky 7. This is where players would bet on Low (2-6), Lucky 7 (7), or High (8-12) and then roll the dice to see the outcome. Lucky & of course could be 4x your bet. Or an Odds and Evens game. Ect.

Or perhaps within the radial menu you could add a selection called gambling when you interact with a player that could open a window, similar to trading, that could allow you to roll dice or play a simple card game.

Just a thought I had while messing around in ESO looking for some Fluff content to play with. Thought I would throw it to the forums to see what everyone thinks.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be interesting, but I'd rather they add full blown multiple player bettable card games that can be played by having numerous stranger players sitting down at tables in buildings. Heck, maybe even some version of the Five Finger Fillet, that'd be amazing. Both would also be accurate to the time period they are aiming for.

I realize that's a long stretch from "Easy" to implement, but it'd be sweet. Having areas in each place that can do that, similar to Red Dead Redemption, but with other people instead of NPC's.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 11, 2015 1:59AM
    English is not my first language, Finnish is.
    Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, that would be cool as hell. I would prefer that indeed, I just figured I would start with the easy stuff =) lol
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inns should have games of chance as a social mechanic.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • SweetRoll
    SweetRoll
    ✭✭✭
    A few years back there was an MMORPG based on a popular pirate movie franchise...and one of the things you could do was play texas hold'em with other players. I had lots of fun doing that, made quite a bit of in-game gold also!
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there ANY games within Elder Scrolls lore? If not, there's a pretty cool opportunity for ZOS to create some interesting card/dice based games.

I like the idea of Elder Scrolls dice being Crystal Dice, like this D4:
    d4-crystal-oblivion-red.jpg

They could also create a new set of cards. A standard 52 Card deck has 4 suites with A, 2-10, J, Q, and K.

Maybe Tamriel uses a 56 card deck with 8 suites, one for each of the divines and 7 cards in suite, one for each day of the week.

Or how about a 128 card deck with 16 suites, one suite for each Daedric Prince, with 8 cards in each suite for Churls, Caitiffs, Kynvals, Kynreeve, Kynmarcher, Markynaz, Valkynaz, and Princes.

There could be different decks for different games or there could be one deck that is used for different games. There are SO many possibilities! I would even be open to some sort of collectible game in Tamriel. Maybe not cards... maybe something to do with a coin based game.

Edited by Gidorick on May 11, 2015 3:56AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dice roll mini-game! Just yesterday I was doing trial and we needed to wait. I'd have loved to play something while we were waiting.

Later they could sell the same game in real-life too as merchandise.
    Edited by Sausage on May 11, 2015 4:36AM
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of those subjects that might get a bit tricky concerning online gambling laws. They'd probably be ok, but given the way some of these laws are written and how eager some people are to enforce them, I'd probably want to double check with a lawyer or twelve, just to be safe.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    This is one of those subjects that might get a bit tricky concerning online gambling laws. They'd probably be ok, but given the way some of these laws are written and how eager some people are to enforce them, I'd probably want to double check with a lawyer or twelve, just to be safe.

Considering there is no real world money involved if only in game gold or the like is used, that isn't a problem. That'd only become a problem if you can wager Crown Store credits, but I doubt ZoS would be stupid enough to implement that.

Note to any ZoS employee that might glance/skim this post: I said ZoS is not stupid.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 11, 2015 5:35AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »

Considering there is no real world money involved if only in game gold or the like is used, that isn't a problem. That'd only become a problem if you can wager Crown Store credits, but I doubt ZoS would be stupid enough to implement that.

Note to any ZoS employee that might glance/skim this post: I said ZoS is not stupid.
    -

well, it could also get iffy in games that allow players to buy in-game currency with real world money. Like if ZOS sold Gold Packs for Crowns. Then there would be a conversion rate and issues would arise. With the way ESO gold works it should be fine but I'm not an international gaming commissioner so... I dunno. lol.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Zazaaji wrote: »

-

well, it could also get iffy in games that allow players to buy in-game currency with real world money. Like if ZOS sold Gold Packs for Crowns. Then there would be a conversion rate and issues would arise. With the way ESO gold works it should be fine but I'm not an international gaming commissioner so... I dunno. lol.

It just comes down to needing to ensure that real world money is NEVER involved in it. Afterall, Pokemon games targetted at elementary school kids have gambling using ingame only currency in them. If that's considered fine then ESO shouldn't have an issue either.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on May 11, 2015 7:01AM
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No reason why would couldn't bet on Lizard Racing :dizzy:

You could buy your lizard and skill it up, train it, feed it, etc - similar mechanics to the Mount - except that you could then put it in to races :D
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
  • leshpar
    leshpar
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind some Dragon Quest style gambling. Put some really good stuff behind it and I bet people would grind it for years.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they will not add this

because there is already few addons for Dice game
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is already gambling in ESO -- PVP boxes from the vendors in Cyro.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love to see a dice based /roll game mechanic. As for lore, remember the quest where you feed the frog to win the race?? So gambling does exist in Tamriel!! :open_mouth:
  • Dan_Miathail
    Dan_Miathail
    ✭✭✭
    Have been asking for gambling since launch, I mean Khajiit being Khajiit it is pretty far fetched that they haven't got some kind of dice or card game lol.
    "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they added something like this, there would be a huge influx of players...but knowing ZOS, don't count on it...

I love ESO but I'm a realist.
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will never add a features already exist in the addons

NEVER
    i told this again
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuadroTony wrote: »

NEVER
    i told this again

Then the addons gotsta go!
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

NEVER
    i told this again

Then the addons gotsta go!

no, i like em :)
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭

Now, if you have this addon installed on your client but the person you are gambling with does not, will they see what actually gets rolled? Can there be interaction with the addon between other players who may not have the addon installed? Or what if they do have it installed? I imagine since addons are client based that this will not work for gambling between more than just yourself. But, if I am wrong please let me know as I still have not tried these addons yet.
  • renton1x1x1
    renton1x1x1
    ✭✭✭
    yes plz
    Renton Sc Breton Sorcerer VR14
    Renton Tp Argonian Templar VR14
    Renton Dk Imperial DragonKnight VR14
    Renton Nb Khajiit Nightblade VR10 Vampire

www.alitheso.com Casual Social EU PvX Guild

Ebonheart Pact EU PVP Decimation Elite Azura's Star
    The Traveling Merchant
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/190077/the-traveling-merchant-eu-craglorn-trading-guild

So let me get this straight: You want to ride on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and beg with him for your freedom. And you're telling me that you're completely sane? - Rimmer - Red Dwarf V - Quarantine
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just upgrade your gear using a single upgrade mat - guaranteed to get your heart rate going.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • snorlockb16_ESO
    snorlockb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see two things for gambling:
    -Pet battles. My Imagikin monkey vs your Senche. Completely random attack/defense.
    -Jousting. Charge each other on a mount. Random attack/defense, but also an option to battle based on rider skills.
  • Terminus1
    Terminus1
    ✭✭✭
    I'll bet ya 5k gold none of this happens.....
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /roll 100
  • Savetti
    Savetti
    ✭✭✭
    Terminus1 wrote: »
    I'll bet ya 5k gold none of this happens.....

Lol...
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    i would love this idea they you should also be able to "buy -in" with a item

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.