Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS did the right thing.

Attorneyatlawl
Attorneyatlawl
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
l5YTS1g.jpg

:)
-First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does "per event" mean?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they listened to the community.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Me too.
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Unsure... I'm guessing they plan on some sort of mini events on a regular basis, but that's all it is: a guess. :) This sounds like a good compromise between helping new players catch up to hit the veteran ranks (and once removed, level cap) but not compromising the balance of the game by allowing champ xp to be affected.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 27, 2015 9:16AM

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Is it the moment getting the XP, i.e. turning a quest? In other words, you would never get more that 10% of the XP needed to go up a level?

But then wouldnt a dungeon quest already give you more than 10%? Does that mean the pot only works on normal quest?

Confusing tooltip once again.
    Edited by WolfingHour on April 27, 2015 9:19AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as it's just preliminary information, I would really like to tell all those 'pay 2 win' confidants, "haha you're wrong".
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [...]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on April 27, 2015 10:04AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [...]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on April 27, 2015 10:04AM
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is an interesting post, @xMovingTarget
    [...]

Btw, where's that screen from? 2.0.7?

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_EveP on April 27, 2015 10:05AM
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xMovingTarget is speechless, he can't form the words from excitement? :).
  • Azuriel02
    Azuriel02
    ✭✭
    Wait what, they still think that Veteran Ranks XP rate is fine ? Wth, I thought that they will release XP potion to reduce the grind of Veteran Ranks O_o

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonder about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they are giving us pots to gain more xp during levels 1-50, but not during the most tedious part of the game, i.e vet ranks?

Why couldn't they have just made them so they didn't affect cp's, yet still work in vet?
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (EDIT) Note to self: Learn reading. Useful ability.
    Edited by Keron on April 27, 2015 9:57AM
  • RainfeatherUK
    RainfeatherUK
    ✭✭✭✭

:) Good job ZoS.
    Edited by RainfeatherUK on April 27, 2015 9:57AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would still like to see something like LoTRO's Stone of the Tortoise, that stops/strongly reduces the gaining of XP as long as it is active... Either that, or XP gain in lower-Level zones reduced by 50%, and vet Level ranks increased by the same... Altho I Guess that'd cause a Riot...
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, they really did! Provided this isn't a second item, they've taken the feedback and ran with it. Baffled on the "per event" thing though.

GG Zos!
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aye nice one, maybe now they will fix game stability, without the use of the probably upcoming Crown Store Lag - Free potions:P
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they clarify how these potions will stack with Premium membership bonuses?
  • jpp
    jpp
    ✭✭✭
    I guess explanation is very simple:
    Is for non veterans only
    for 1 hour you got 50% more exp from all sources, but exp boost gives no more then 10% of your level.
    also after one hour you can use it second time and it starts new "event" (strange word used)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the 10% EXP limit is strange, because I've definitely gotten more than that several times in low levels.

Quite surprised they chose my favourite solution, though (doesn't work with veteran characters). This will help people get to endgame once VRs are removed, but won't actually influence progression once max level is reached (which is quite trivial anyway). I could live with this.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    jpp wrote: »
    I guess explanation is very simple:
    Is for non veterans only
    for 1 hour you got 50% more exp from all sources, but exp boost gives no more then 10% of your level.
    also after one hour you can use it second time and it starts new "event" (strange word used)
    What i find strange is that its double capped.
    100k EXP Bonus-EXP max per potion, but only i you aquire it in an hour. It would have been simpler with "For your next 200k EXP you get additional 100k exp"
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't read the comments, but probably some people are against this.
    I am to - for first characters in each alliance. But if I have, for example, VR 10 Argonian and want to create a Nord, I wouldn't want to play all those same quests all over again so I'd use something like this to make it faster.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Seth_Black
    Seth_Black
    ✭✭✭
    That's really great news :smile:
    Just a small 'buff' for people who already know the story and want to level up another character faster :smile:
    This way doing only quest lines, that reward with skill points will allow you to end zone on almost same level as usual :smile:

No Pay2Win, no CP farming for vets :blush:

Keep up the good work ZOS! :heart:
    Out of the night that covers me, Black as the pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul.
    It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll, I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So they are giving us pots to gain more xp during levels 1-50, but not during the most tedious part of the game, i.e vet ranks?

Why couldn't they have just made them so they didn't affect cp's, yet still work in vet?

Because vet ranks will be removed at some point anyway :). I would be perfectly happy with them lowering the XP per vet rank in the meantime though.
    Faulgor wrote: »
    Yeah the 10% EXP limit is strange, because I've definitely gotten more than that several times in low levels.

Quite surprised they chose my favourite solution, though (doesn't work with veteran characters). This will help people get to endgame once VRs are removed, but won't actually influence progression once max level is reached (which is quite trivial anyway). I could live with this.

Ditto.
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 27, 2015 10:24AM

✭✭✭✭
    I really like that one :) Nice Job Zeni
    Mitgründer der Allianz Bosriel!
    <<<Herolde des Friedens Kriegsherr>>>
    <<<RONIN>>>
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qyrk wrote: »

Idk. Had my phone in my pocket :D what did I post initially ? I have no idea.

-snip- happens I guess :blush:
    Edited by xMovingTarget on April 27, 2015 10:35AM
  • Keron
    Keron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looked like chinese without chinese character set installed (EDIT: or any other non-standard character set. Arabic, Farsi, Pali. Kanji, take your pick). Basically a lot of empty lines with an occasional special char sprinkled in. And in the middle a quote of Attorney's original picture. Not the whole post, only the picture.

Anyways, that must have been the most sophisticated pocket-mistype I have ever seen. Way beyond even my colleague, who managed to call the chinese time service including correct country code and everything.
    Edited by Keron on April 27, 2015 10:38AM
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keron wrote: »

Looked like chinese without chinese character set installed (EDIT: or any other non-standard character set. Arabic, Farsi, Pali. Kanji, take your pick). Basically a lot of empty lines with an occasional special char sprinkled in. And in the middle a quote of Attorney's original picture. Not the whole post, only the picture.

Anyways, that must have been the most sophisticated pocket-mistype I have ever seen. Way beyond even my colleague, who managed to call the chinese time service including correct country code and everything.

Haha. Whish I could have seen it.
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks great <3
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on this, this potion will be available even before veteran ranks are removed :).
  • BlueIllyrian
    BlueIllyrian
    ✭✭✭
    As much as it's just preliminary information, I would really like to tell all those 'pay 2 win' confidants, "haha you're wrong".

Haha, means you will just get different potion to buy once maxed level, haha.