Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar Skills Bugged/made useless - IGNORED

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Natjur wrote: »
    I have yet to detect a global cool down on my dk or sorc.
    There is GCD on Surge, do you remeber forum butthurt from sorcs about it when it first introduced?
    P.S. I missing old good times when you could stun-lock everyone with just Jabs :blush:

there is no GCD on surge - it has a lockout timer on its effect but you can spam surge cooldown less thats a significant difference wich makes you look rather uninformed (other may say dumb ;))...

Well, lets see how how ZOS call it:
    Surge
    • This ability now applies the Major Brutality buff.
    • Power Surge: This ability now applies the Major Brutality and Major Sorcery buffs.
    • Critical Surge: This ability now has a one second cooldown on the heal.

Not global, but still, they said sincere what they did with skill.

Edited by Cinbri on May 22, 2015 6:15AM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a big difference between a cooldown and a global cooldown.
    Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next major update?

So no fixes till September.
    After console release? That's what you're saying g right.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and just say, why bother. Just say all Templars were recalled for duty in the Imperial city, give everyone a free reclassification, and ditch them altogether.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I figured out why this 180 degree shift feels so weird and illogical to us.

This reeks of upper management. All of the actual developers we have communicated with, including Eric Wrobel on ESO live have all acknowledged these issues as bugs. To have almost every Templar bug we have identified automatically turn into a "intended feature" overnight means someone higher up on the management chain made a top level decision.

The decision seems to be: Don't make balance or design changes until after console release.

"But Yolo, these are NOT balance changes!! They are bug fixes!" you might say. Well, that's how normal people think. It's not how managers think.

You see, the closer you are to a project, the more the little things mean to you. You have pride in the quality of your work. The farther up you are on the chain of command, you tend miss the forest for the trees. To a player, or programmer, whether these issues are bugs or "intended changes" is as clear as night and day. You can see that in this very post. To a manager, the line is a little more blurry, especially since fixing these things takes time and resources that are currently being spent on other projects.

Put yourself in a management position. Do you allocate development time on redesigning existing "features", for an existing product that you have already realized all the profits from?

Or do you tell your team to prioritize the new projects with the highest potential of bringing in new revenue?

When you start thinking that way, things like "bug vs feature" get a little more subjective. I've worked for enough companies to smell that kind of mental gymnastics a mile away. Quality improvement of an existing product (without a maintenance contract to sweeten the deal) is always seen as a non-value added activity and is de-prioritized.

The problem is, in this case, the Devs spoke out of turn and told the customer these things were bugs. If you worked as a developer for a commercial software company and you spoke directly to your commercial customer, (outside of the channel of customer service) and told them that something was a bug and you were going to fix it, you would get reamed by management and never be allowed to talk to the customer again without going through proper channels. Fortunately for ZOS, we are just lowly consumers and don't matter as much as a commercial customer would. Commercial customers get to audit their suppliers. Boy would I love to audit ZOS. But now I'm daydreaming.

TL;DR: The Developers really do want to fix this stuff and care about this game but management said no and they had to backpedal. I predict we will see less direct communication from the actual development team from now on. :(

But don't get discouraged. ESO is coming to console on June 9th!
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on May 22, 2015 7:33AM
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    June 9th.

Then the excuse will be they are working on ironing out issues with the consoles for however long that will take.
    The priority now is consoles, once released it will still be priority, so I'm not seeing changes till, we'll, it's been a year already for some stuff. So, I'm gonna just say Soon™
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    When this game first came out, they said their would be no global cool downs
    (and some of the classes appear to have none)
    But since Templars have a good heal, they added global cool downs to four Templar skills.

I was under the impression that our GCD was universal for our class. If I'm farting around Caldwell's Gold - grinding, adding gold for PvP, I'll still experience delays with skills such as Repentance, Channeled Focus, RD and Blazing Spear just as much as I experience in PvP with BoL and FC. This is while weapon skills can be chained without any delay - Brawler followed by Reverse Slice.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Calm down people. Yes, for now templar class is weakest for those who wanna enjoy pvp. But this forcing us to become stronger, exploiting every hiding mechanic of skills.
    Imagine when they will fix us (only idiots won't do it), after all our suffering we will become top-1 class, everyone will roll templars just to match us.
    imperius__archangel_of_valor_by_tamplierpainter-d654byy.jpg

This is why we keep finding bugs with our skills.

You are right. If anyone can succeed playing Templar they can pretty much rule playing any other class, but for me, that wouldn't be as much fun as playing Templar.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think "Rushed" Ceremony should be called that anymore. Since it is no longer rushed.

I also think, if this change was truly intended, the tooltip should state the proper cast time.

I have made a POLL here to field suggestions for renaming the skill. Please add your input ;)
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/171810/poll-the-main-templar-heal-rushed-ceremony-bol-now-has-a-cast-time-should-it-be-renamed
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quit whining. Templar is BY FAR the most OP class in the game right now. Every other class got nerfed to crap, you got all kinds of buffs and you're still whining about it! Give me a freaking break!
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »
    Quit whining. Templar is BY FAR the most OP class in the game right now. Every other class got nerfed to crap, you got all kinds of buffs and you're still whining about it! Give me a freaking break!

This thread is 27 pages long and you think we don’t have legitimate complaints?
    I'm not going to go over everything that's already been said here repeatedly, but the class is clunky and not fun to play compared to the other three classes.

Let me give you a visual representation of the four ESO classes.

First we have Dragonknights:
    maxresdefault.jpg

Then we have sorcs:
    supra.jpg?e1be4f

And Nightblades:
    1971-plymouth-hemi-cuda-pictures.jpg

And finally we have Templars:
    77linc44488-1.jpg

Let me guess:

You got killed by Radiant Oppression in cyro and saw a big number and immediately yelled, "OP!"
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re
    jnjdun_ESO wrote: »

I'm not going to go over everything that's already been said here repeatedly, but the class is clunky and not fun to play compared to the other three classes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Then we have sorcs:
    supra.jpg?e1be4f

And Nightblades:

77linc44488-1.jpg

Let me guess:

You got killed by Radiant Oppression in cyro and saw a big number and immediately yelled, "OP!"

B.S! I have a chars of all 4 classes and Templar is BY FAR the easiest to play and win and NEVER EVER DIE. Templar is so much more powerful than every other class right now it's stupid to play anything else.
    Edited by jkemmery on May 22, 2015 4:27PM
  • jnjdun_ESO
    jnjdun_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Re

maxresdefault.jpg

Then we have sorcs:
    supra.jpg?e1be4f

And Nightblades:

77linc44488-1.jpg

Let me guess:

B.S! I have a chars of all 4 classes and Templar is BY FAR the easiest to play and win and NEVER EVER DIE. Templar is so much more powerful than every other class right now it's stupid to play anything else.

Sorry, I didn’t realize you were only a PvE person. Get back to me when you try to play small scale PvP with your overpowered Templar.
    I don’t die in PvE with mine either, however, that doesn’t make up for the fact that they aren't quick and fun to play in PvP like the NB is.

Why are you so mad at the fact that a large majority of Templars feel their class is lacking compared to the other three?
    Giggle Purrz'Pantz Khajiit Templar
    Fuzzy Jenna'Tullz Khajiit DK
    Eileen U'Lickette Bosmer Sorc
    Ginny Fleasly Khajiit NB
    Jenny Tull'Whortz Bosmer baby NB
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. Guess he hasn't seen the poll where people were asked which is the strongest class in PvP: Nightblades got 47% of the vote, Sorcs 36% and Templars... 3%.

I'm not saying your personal experience is invalid... but maybe you can post the build of your Templar here so we can see how you can not ever die and still win.

A DK is a better tank, a Nightblade is a better DPS, and a Sorc just plain better all around than a Templar.

But please: post your Templar build so we can all realize how OP we are!

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Re

maxresdefault.jpg

Then we have sorcs:
    supra.jpg?e1be4f

And Nightblades:

77linc44488-1.jpg

Let me guess:

Sorry, I didn’t realize you were only a PvE person. Get back to me when you try to play small scale PvP with your overpowered Templar.
    I don’t die in PvE with mine either, however, that doesn’t make up for the fact that they aren't quick and fun to play in PvP like the NB is.

Why are you so mad at the fact that a large majority of Templars feel their class is lacking compared to the other three?

Oh, I'm not mad about it, I just find it humorous. Play all of the classes before you come on and complain, seriously, because you all look ridiculous to those of us that know the game, both PvP and PvE. And yes, I play PvP with both a Templar and a DK. The Templar tears other players to pieces while the DK tries to survive. Sure there are VR14 DKs that have been accumulating champion points for months and can dominate in PvP still, but for someone just starting out, Templar is WAY EASIER to play, trust me, I've done it with both.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glak wrote: »
    nastuug wrote: »
    Soris wrote: »
    When this game first came out, they said their would be no global cool downs
    (and some of the classes appear to have none)
    But since Templars have a good heal, they added global cool downs to four Templar skills.

Just another feature they said at release that they changed later on and tried not to tell us about.

I understand balance and all and that animation canceling causes issues, but why are there only 6 skills in game where you can notice the global cool down and four of them are templar skills?

I have yet to detect a global cool down on my dk or sorc.

Since they are not releasing any new contents to well after console release, I guess it will be months before we see these skills fix for the templar, its not like we have been waiting a year already.......

The very first time when they introduced GCDs in game, was to deal with botters. And those botters were all templars and used jabs and focused charge mainly. So they put a horrible CD on them to prevent automated stunlock kills but it affected everyone, not just bots. Since then it persists today even a year later :o

Yes, how dare they hunt down macro botters via other methods.

I'm honestly upset while reading this entire thread, and my main isn't even a Templar! Feel so, so sorry for some of you guys. =\
    There are only three advertised classes: DK, Sorcerer, and Nightblade. I'm grateful for any improvements Gina throws our way.

I considered boosting one up to VR14 for the day they over-buff them. Unfortunately, last on my list atm. =\
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I'm not mad about it, I just find it humorous. Play all of the classes before you come on and complain, seriously, because you all look ridiculous to those of us that know the game, both PvP and PvE. And yes, I play PvP with both a Templar and a DK. The Templar tears other players to pieces while the DK tries to survive. Sure there are VR14 DKs that have been accumulating champion points for months and can dominate in PvP still, but for someone just starting out, Templar is WAY EASIER to play, trust me, I've done it with both.

So what's your build?
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magica Healer, all light armor, all Magica except for like 5 health, restoration staff both bars. Reflective Light, Piercing Strikes, Rushed Ceremony, Radiant Destruction, Dawns Wrath ... I forget everything on both bars. You get the point.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magica Healer, all light armor, all Magica except for like 5 health, restoration staff both bars. Reflective Light, Piercing Strikes, Rushed Ceremony, Radiant Destruction, Dawns Wrath ... I forget everything on both bars. You get the point.

Lol very basic build with no survivability other than spam BoL and relies on channels and cast times to do damage. You gonna be rekt in miliseconds with this build vs any decent player.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 22, 2015 7:49PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol very basic build with no survivability other than spam BoL and relies on channels and cast times to do damage. You gonna be rekt in miliseconds with this build vs any decent player.

Radiant Destruction keeps me alive, along with self heals and the restoratieve power of the Resto Staff ... with all of my magica, I just span RD, it's simple and ridiculously easy to play. Try again.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 22, 2015 7:51PM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jkemmery
    PS helps your enemy
    RC is AFK

Glass cannon is what you have

RD locks you on one target whence someone else NB anyone ! nails you with their ninja stuff.

I have played a Templar since early access and each patch/push has seen its gradual demise.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling & Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 22, 2015 6:31PM
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you people don't believe me, build your Templar this way and see how freaking easy it is to play.

You freaking KNOW RD is the single most OP skill in the game, and that you can spam it all day with a magica build and watch everyone fall around you, but you don't want to admit it. Just try it before you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Oh wait, you know I'm right so you attack me, that's the ticket!

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 22, 2015 8:12PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you people don't believe me, build your Templar this way and see how freaking easy it is to play.

You freaking KNOW RD is the single most OP skill in the game, and that you can spam it all day with a magica build and watch everyone fall around you, but you don't want to admit it. Just try it before you accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Oh wait, you know I'm right so you attack me, that's the ticket!

Seen this coming a mile away. RD complaining. Yeah, great from behind a crowd. I don't use it. The 2 exceptional Templars that I have seen play in magicka and stamina builds respectively I have not seen on their bar. Stupid ability but man, I wish one of the gankers would just take out any templar that is doing that before they get a single RD off because you sure as hell can, even in a zerg. Heck; just wait until people start copying Syphers Magicka Detonation video. Can take out a bunch of them.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 22, 2015 8:13PM
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you people don't believe me, build your Templar this way and see how freaking easy it is to play. Just do it, and quit talking out of your collective bung holes.

Can you clarify: are you actually saying you can be anything other than a pocket healer in a zerg with this build? I am not trying to be mean; just genuinely asking. Because no one is saying Templars are bad pocket healers. But your build seems to be only that.

What do you do against people who have Harness Magicka up, which wrecks RD? What do you do against someone with Crushing Shock, which also wrecks RD? What do you do against a stamina NB spamming charge and WB? How do you survive against a Letha Arrow from stealth in light armor?
    Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on May 22, 2015 6:11PM
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
  • earth_angel
    earth_angel
    ✭✭
    radiant destruction ? someone heared about interrupts ? RD is good to put pressure on other player who like to let their health get low. But spamming it before execute range is suicidal ...

BTW what is this dawns wrath skill ? I have a dawn's wrath skill TREE but no skill is named dawns wrath.

Also isn't reflective light subpar because DoTs get purged all the time in PvP?
    Edited by earth_angel on May 22, 2015 6:18PM
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you people don't believe me, build your Templar this way and see how freaking easy it is to play. Just do it, and quit talking out of your collective bung holes.

Can you clarify: are you actually saying you can be anything other than a pocket healer in a zerg with this build? I am not trying to be mean; just genuinely asking. Because no one is saying Templars are bad pocket healers. But your build seems to be only that.

What do you do against people who have Harness Magicka up, which wrecks RD? What do you do against someone with Crushing Shock, which also wrecks RD? What do you do against a stamina NB spamming charge and WB? How do you survive against a Letha Arrow from stealth in light armor?

That's pretty much the role, yeah. Of course if you get stealth attacked, you will die, just like everyone else, even a tank. The only other players in all light armor are going to be the healers and sorcs. Even if a melee player has light armor, he probably doesn't have HM on his bar, so, trust me, it's not a concern. One on One this build can be squishy, but if I can get in a puncturing strike to stun you, you're mine. All of you know this. If I am caught alone and get lucky against the first player, it's not hard to take me down with a couple others but again, that's true of any player that doesn't have an escape.I get way more AP with this char than my DK, by far. All of you know this is true. Admit it.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not even pvp player, going in pvp just to get alliance points for rings, but I think I can say... I would kill this "unkillable" templar. Honestly guys, I dont even believe he has a templar. He is probably just one of those DK guys crying for buffing them and nerfing templars because they have a skill that cannot be reflected by their OP reflective scales :D End of the story.

Give us a video where you are killing players with your OP build and crushing everyone with radiant destruction, please, I would really like to see.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • earth_angel
    earth_angel
    ✭✭
    Before VR levels templars feel unkillable indeed. But the issues are in endgame. In Vet PvP there are tons of nirnhorned user, and even then lot of players have a purge and / or an interrupt and even then shielding is strong against RD because RD is considered as a DoT (although RD being a DoT has huge advantages if you pair with a sorcerer using rune prison). I rarely die of RD in PvP. I get owned by lethal arrows a lot and sometimes by crystal frags but rarely by RD.
    Edited by earth_angel on May 22, 2015 6:31PM
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    My Templar is Lvl 21 at the moment in BB. My DL is VR6 and plays in AS.
    technohic wrote: »

Seen this coming a mile away. RD complaining. Yeah, great from behind a crowd. I don't use it. The 2 exceptional Templars that I have seen play in magicka and stamina builds respectively I have not seen on their bar. Stupid ability but man, I wish one of the gankers would just take out any templar that is doing that before they get a single RD off because you sure as hell can, even in a zerg. Heck; just wait until people start copying Syphers Magicka Detonation video. Can take out a bunch of them.
    [...]

[...]

Yeah, we already know your points are invalid. You don't need to confirm it with your 12 champion points on non-max level toons. You read something on the internet and it has to be true because your undergeared and underdeveloped toons got wrecked by someone. We get it.

[...]

[...]

I never said I had all 4 classes in PvP. I think I stated that in a previous post I played all 4. I also have a NB that is 24 or something in BB. I never said I had an "unkillable" build.

Do you have other toons that are veteran levels? Have any of you also played a DK in Pvp, even on BB?

Just wondering.

Please try it and tell me which is easier. Templar is the easiest class to play. The skills are no more or less bugged than anyone else's. Seriously. Templar has the best combination of self heals and damage dealing in the game. It doesn't have the stealth of a NB, and it doesn't have the CC and ruggedness of a DK. Sorcs have arguably just as much burst damage capacity, but they don't have heals. Hands down, Templar is the best class. Yet, and YET, they complain the loudest on the forums. Why? Is it because the game was so easy for you that when it became a challenge you figure something must be broken? Seriously.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 22, 2015 7:54PM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure did .. a lvl 21 !! lets see that RD on Mannimarco at 40 lol... Or Molag Bal.. Or Crag delves. and that's just PVE. PVP if your not hiding in the back of the pack and slinging RD your done. and Lethal Arrow while you are locked in with RD on your ONE target its game over. 1v1 in pvp dont see to much of that in Cyro. Maybe im on the wrong server. Do we have a dedicated 1v1 location?

yeah I got a notice Soris.. Its ok I had my shield up.

Ok BTT

I noticed interruptions while casting BoL. Is this being looked at?

I think I will stream the Templar bugs issues on hitbox today

hitbox sneakypete

I noticed a few other interruptions as well I will see if I can replicate them. I can save the video on hitbox where it can be viewed by many.

Edited by SeptimusDova on May 22, 2015 7:05PM
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]

[...]

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around why the people who play the best class in the game complain the most on the forums.

Edited by ZOS_ArtG on May 22, 2015 8:01PM