The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[ALDMERI] Greybeards & Gals

rootimus
rootimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Greybeards & Gals was founded during the early access period and a number of our members were in the beta; many are long-time fans of the Elder Scrolls series and quite a few of us are old enough to remember pong when it first came out. We have over 200 members, with a large percentage playing most days.

We're seeking fellow grown-ups who enjoy grouping up for questing, trials, undaunted pledges, etc. We provide a feature-rich forum and a teamspeak server, which we love to see people using.

There are no rules, as such. We're all polite, helpful, mature and civilised - if that sounds like you then you'll likely be a good fit.

To Apply: Register on our community forum and then fill out our very short and painless application questionnaire (the application will only work if you're registered!). If you have a steam account you can login with that and skip most of the registration process.

If you have any questions, ask here!

Edited by rootimus on December 11, 2015 2:42AM
Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to the top. Save a tree, kill a Bosmer.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay
    Edited by Lord Xanhorn on March 25, 2015 8:31PM
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nice guild and we are getting more active in the veteran level stuff. So if you are looking for endgame and willing to learn and grow with us as guild, come join us.
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily bump! Come and stab things with us!
  • karldavy149b16_ESO
    karldavy149b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    would u care to post a link to sign up ... after a quick google greybeards and gals enjin is not active ... so yeah no way to sign up
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would u care to post a link to sign up ... after a quick google greybeards and gals enjin is not active ... so yeah no way to sign up

Links are in the OP!
  • Surrepo
    Surrepo
    Sounds like the guild I have been looking for. I will be sure to register and fill out an application when I get home from work in the morning!
  • Surrepo
    Surrepo
    rootimus wrote: »

Links are in the OP!

Seems like the links aren't working, might be why it was asked for a link. I tried both and it comes up as not found.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surrepo wrote: »
    rootimus wrote: »

Links are in the OP!

Seems like the links aren't working, might be why it was asked for a link. I tried both and it comes up as not found.

We were down for maintenance at the time of your post (we're back up now). I think @karldavy149b16_ESO's issue was that the color of links on the forum is pretty hard to distinguish from the black text of the rest of the post. The site was definitely live last night!
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bumpy
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We kill, we steal and we drink skooma!
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight, we had a very successful romp around Cyrodil, trashing dolmens and beating up other NPCs.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Was good fun.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With ESO's "Welcome Back Weekend" coming up, us fellow members of Greybeards & Gals hope to see some new faces in our guild! We are starting to do a lot more group activities now, gearing up for Vet dungeons, special activites like "Honor Amongst Thief's", and just having fun! Be sure to check out the original post and sign up on the G & G site. See you in Tamriel!
    Edited by Ashtaris on April 9, 2015 12:49PM
  • SupaBeardyMan
    SupaBeardyMan
    ✭✭
    Applied :) Hope to play with you guys soon!
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday we did our first grouping event in Cyrodiil giving PVP a try. It was a lot of fun and I think everyone had a good time, even for those of us who died on the battlefield a few times. We took a couple of the resources, managed to defend a keep, and learned quite a bit about PVP gameplay.

We would love to welcome you to join us in other group activities! Be sure to check out the original thread posting for the guild application link.
    Edited by Ashtaris on April 13, 2015 2:04AM
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a look at the list of people who have left the guild and saw a fairly consistent pattern - I didn't have a clue who most of them were because they never uttered a word in guild chat, never posted on our forum and never joined us for group events on TS. Oddly, they all wanted to join us because they were looking for a social guild, which is a bit of a head scratcher.

The good news is that this means people who actually take part are less likely to leave. Will you join us?
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still inviting :)
  • lauribleu_ESO
    lauribleu_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was looking for the website you mentioned in the MOTD. I am going to try to make the meeting today if I can figure out when and where. I haven't found a website yet, but I did find this forum. I had no idea it was here.
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Website is http://www.greybeardsandgals.com. It is also mentioned in the original post of this thread and also in the info in the guild home in-game.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still open for business!

dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=35&gal=gallery&type=full
  • KenCleanAirSystem
    KenCleanAirSystem
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a mature (well mostly :) ), laid back guild with lots of friendly people, we may be the guild for you!

Check out the website and forums and put in an application. We're still small, but growing, with an active group of equals that is interested in socializing, and grouping for everything from normal group PvE, to Craglorn questing, Trials, and even PvP. We also have an active forum and TS3 server.

Come join the fun ... root will provide the cake and beer ;)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Although our small group might not be quite ready to do trials, we are starting to put up some nice information on the G & G forum concerning trials and vet dungeons. There are a number of members who are doing the Vet dungeons on a regular basis and we have a wide variety of talented players. If you are interested in a nice guild where we are all trying to help each other get the most enjoyment out of the game, then fill out our application.

Just keep in mind that you have to be logged into the forum before the application tab will appear, so sign up for the forum first :)
  • RMustang
    RMustang
    Soul Shriven
    Join us, we have skooma.

5446209+_ceb96b044c9dae3ffa6961fc56f74a97.jpg
    "Riding a guar naked through an Argonian temple."
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I think we need a bit more Skooma when we do the dungeon runs :) We have a bunch of new members in the guild now and they are starting to group up at level 20 - 30 for the AD dungeon runs. If you have a lower level character and would like to join in on the fun, be sure to check out our guild! We are mainly older and mature players who, did I mention it before, LIKE TO HAVE FUN. :)
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, guild is getting cosy :)
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cozy is good! Actually one of the guild officers recently commented to me how nice it is to see the active player list in the online guild roster keep growing each day. It's becoming easier to get groups together and go out and do some of the content that has eluded us before.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbtgallery.php?do=gallery_image&id=48&gal=gallery&type=full

Still recruiting laid-back sociable people.
    Edited by rootimus on April 27, 2015 1:45AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well a group of Greybeards took a shot at Vet Darkshade Cavern this morning. They got to the last boss but wasn't able to take him down. Even so, they had a great time and learned mechanics about the boss they will be able to use next time. Good group effort guys! We can use more people to help show us the ropes in doing these dungeons, so please fill out a application!
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Join us :)