The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The program eso.exe version 1.0.0.1 stopped interacting with Windows Ticket 150317-002349

Seravi
Seravi
✭✭✭✭✭
Since update 6 I've had an issue with the game crashing. At first it was pretty random and not very frequent. Since 2.0.1 it's been constant. Yesterday for example I was standing still and opened my inventory and the game crashed. It also seems to crash if I open my journal and achievements. If I am running fast or riding my mount fast the game will crash. I get the same error every single time:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: eso.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 55038ad2
Hang Signature: 8b9c
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 8b9cc2d6377935445284a7dea6337835
Additional Hang Signature 2: 35f2
Additional Hang Signature 3: 35f21a6642f86b046fe670d48148b6fd
Additional Hang Signature 4: 8b9c
Additional Hang Signature 5: 8b9cc2d6377935445284a7dea6337835
Additional Hang Signature 6: 35f2
Additional Hang Signature 7: 35f21a6642f86b046fe670d48148b6fd

I never get any information from the game itself. I have repaired three times with no changes. Checked ram, cpu etc no issues there. I sent a game consultant report in with my ticket yesterday. I submitted another ticket on this issue with no response earlier in the month.
Edited by Seravi on May 27, 2015 8:24AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sent a response to this ticket with every crash since 3/22. No response other than they were sending to a higher level for review. That was on 3/22. I have also submitted a consultants report with no reply.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They responded yesterday asking for another consultants report. Sent that in and they immediately came back saying try other video drivers. Game worked fine until the update. The only time it crashes is when my horse is running fast or I am running fast and try to turn in a city. I can reproduce it without fail. Tried other drivers same issue. I replied with the info and another response came saying I should contact Micro$shaft. I have been in contact and their response is it isn't their problem since it started after the game update. Nothing new has been installed on this system. It is a dedicated ESO system only, no email, no other games, etc.

I just started playing in PVP and ran yesterday with 30 other players, lagging like mad yet I did not crash one time. Ran my horse fast constantly, turning and ran my character turning all around the battle and had no issues other than lag. So something is not working properly in the cities because I can, without fail, ride my horse or run fast and try to turn left or right and the game will crash every single time with the above error. It's happened in Rawl, Daggerfall, Mistrael and Vulkhel Guard.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A top level CS rep contacted me. Nothing showing up on my consultants report so it is still a mystery as to why it's happening.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh so this error is now happening in vet level Davon's Watch as I top the stairs by the bank. I replied to my ticket and was asked for a Consultant's Report. Fine sent one in even though nothing has changed. Then CS responded with some copy/paste on how they wanted to help me with my <<1>> error. What??? That is NOT what this ticket is about so clearly they didn't read it. I replied letting them know they were replying with info that had nothing to do with my issue and to please send the ticket to someone that would read it. CS then closed my ticket........ :/

I replied that this issue was NOT resolved and to reopen my ticket. Haven't heard anything yet the error continues.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I did another repair and logged into a character in Malabal Tor. I didn't open my journal, run, jump or do anything. I was just standing still. All of the sudden....mouse pointer starts spinning and the game crashed again with the same eso.exe error.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's... from... march?
    Shame that i didn't see this thread.

Well, hello!
    Try this steps, please.

Find your UserSettings.txt file at C:\Users\YOUR USER\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\Live (or liveeu for EU server) then open it, find and change the following lines:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"

to

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

Then delete ShaderCache file or it can be named ShaderCache.cooked .
    Then, go to folder SavedVariables and delete all files there.
    Come back to Documents, RMB on Elder Scrolls Online folder and uncheck Read Only dot.

Start the game and check if it crash again.

EDIT: Check that you run Launcher as Administrator.
    Edited by LameoveR on May 27, 2015 11:59AM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run as Admin and have replaced the ShaderCache file and deleted the other files. The only thing I haven't tried is this:

to

What exactly does this do? I will give it a shot because this bug is driving me nuts LOL!
    Edited by Seravi on May 27, 2015 2:05PM
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seravi wrote: »
    I run as Admin and have replaced the ShaderCache file and deleted the other files. The only thing I haven't tried is this:

to

What exactly does this do? I will give it a shot because this bug is driving me nuts LOL!
    It's about CPU's multithreading. Saw that proposal in some GREEN post.
    They also propose to delete usersettings.txt completely. You'll need to re-set your game settings then.

Another explanation:
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads -1 or 0 // Multi threaded job threads. 0 to disable. Doesn't cause stutter.
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads -1 or 0 // Multi threaded worker threads. Job threads requires worker threads to get the job done. 0 to disable. -1 causes stutter on a lot of machines, set to 0 is highly recommended.

Mine now SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0"
    Edited by LameoveR on May 27, 2015 2:21PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks will give it a shot. :)
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CS replied with stuff that has nothing to do with this problem. I don't need to deal with my ports. Please read the ticket or pass it off to someone that will!

There are bad spots in the game that cause eso.exe to crash. They found one in AD the last time I had this problem and fixed it. Now new areas are causing the same problem.

Going to test the usersettings changes after a fresh boot, etc and hopefully it will help.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Seravi how it's going?
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been working with a CS rep that helped me last time. We've eliminated everything from A - Z. He wasn't seeing the issues so he sent his usersettings file for me to try. I matched it to my current file and really the only difference between the files are the changes you listed for the usersettings.txt file. I changed both and had some stutter so I changed one of them back to "0" and I am testing that now. I am going to try to load both up with -1 later when we have more players on and go to known spots that I have issues in and see how it goes. :)
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I tried this:

Had major stuttering. So I changed it to this:

Now I have this weird pause every four seconds. Just walking normal every four seconds my game pauses for 1/2 second, back to normal for four more seconds then pauses, rinse and repeat.

I just changed them both back to 0 and the weird pause is now gone. I am getting quite frustrated to say the least.

Going to try it in another faction instead of AD and see if the pause is there or not.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just delete or rename usersettings.txt
    What's your system spec? RAM, CPU, GPU?
    Look at this post:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1427382/#Comment_1427382
    Edited by LameoveR on May 28, 2015 11:40PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replaced my usersettings with the one CS sent me and also had a new one made. It must have been some server thing because I put my old file back in, changed to this only:

I don't have the pause like I did before and so far, (I am afraid to even say it) I haven't crashed. The true test is when I hit a pub tonight and open my journal to see what bosses I have left. I usually crash when I open the journal and have to start over. :(
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget to close Launcher while playing.
    Hope you'll get rid of those crashes.
    Edited by LameoveR on May 28, 2015 11:42PM
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I've started using the eso.exe to launch most of the time now because I do tend to forget to close the launcher. :) Thanks for the help. Hopefully I won't be throwing my monitors later because of another crash. :)
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well sad to say just had another crash. So the -1 didn't help...ugh
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh this bug is so annoying....
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening....
  • Scarr
    Scarr
    ✭✭✭
    It happens to me too. A few weeks ago it was the screen would go black, but I could still HEAR myself in the game. Nothing would recover the client, I had to kill process through task manager.

The last couple of weeks, it has changed to a straight up FREEZE, often it is when interacting with inventory or merchants but sometimes it happens when I am simply doing nothing but standing there or casting a spell. The FREEZE can only be fixed by CTRL-ALT-DEL to get the windows (lock/switch/logoff...) screen, then I can get to Task Manager from there to kill process.

When the game freezes this way there is also a windows error window that says a program caused this program to stop working correctly... etc. I have tried everything to fix this, no luck.