The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Client Crash - "runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call", C++ library dialog

Sacadon
Sacadon
✭✭✭✭✭
~The nature of this issue does not allow for a /bug since the entire client crashes.

I've not been able to determine a pattern with the crash other than I only get it when in Cyrodiil, while in a group and my guild mates have been getting it as well, although not all of them at the same time. And while we run similar setups in terms of addon's, they are also the ones most common to all (FTC, Wykkds etc...). However, on that basis alone I know that doesn't exclude them as a factor. I've not tested w/out any addons to see if I get the crash.

I do not believe having ever received this prior to the client crash fix included in v1.5.5.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749
Edited by Sacadon on December 8, 2014 3:42PM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @omniobsessed,

In order to gain time, we have created a ticket and our of our agents will be able to reach you.
    We aren't able to help you on the forums with this issue but our technical support will be glad to help you.

Many thanks for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the help!

I usually receive a ticket number by email and did not. Please send it to me when you get a moment.
  • RexMoonD
    RexMoonD
    ✭✭
    Can I get a me too!

3exor90h7hhw.png

This has actually been happening for quite some time now, randomly, always during combat and always when I am about to drub the last sack in the mob...
    Edited by RexMoonD on December 14, 2014 4:19AM
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Yeah, same thing here. Always during boss fight. This has happened just about every boss fight for the last week or so.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • Rebeccas04nub18_ESO
    Yeah, that worked a little bit but then that same crash happened again. I've seen this same error in the support forum for Microsoft which refers back to ESO as the issue. I'm running windows 8.1.
    Wicked Felina/ Khajiit NB DC
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    Did you try uninstalling windows update KB2978121 in addition to reinstalling the C++ distributables?
  • Ryuchan
    Ryuchan
    Soul Shriven
    This is also happening to me.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

We've created tickets for you, an agent should reach you shortly.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    this is also happening to me. I have been in contact with eso support. it only happens on my dragonknight, mid fight. never any other class or scenario
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also received this Runtime error message just a few moments ago.
    I was also in combat, like the others in this thread, but I was in the open world in Auridon (Cadwell's Gold for EP).
    Complete CTD
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    I've done everything support suggested. from reinstalling all drivers and c++ , virus scan, registry clean, delete all addons and even a fresh install of the game. nothing has worked. The crash only happens in combat with my dragon knight 1 hand and shield, never any other class. just waiting for support to eventually get back to me again
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I'm running 1H&S as well but have not experienced yet on my DK lowbie (blacksmith 4-now), just on my NB during combat.

Anyone else get this with 1H&S as well?

BTW, if the error is reflective of the true cause vs. symptom, I'm thinking this is just a C++ bug they introduced in the client. And while others in my guild get this too, it still doesn't seem as widespread as I would expect of a bug everyone had in their client.
    Edited by Sacadon on December 23, 2014 1:19PM
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, I'm running 1H&S as well but have not experienced yet on my DK lowbie (blacksmith 4-now), just on my NB during combat.

Anyone else get this with 1H&S as well?

BTW, if the error is reflective of the true cause vs. symptom, I'm thinking this is just a C++ bug they introduced in the client. And while others in my guild get this too, it still doesn't seem as widespread as I would expect of a bug everyone had in their client.

It may be a coincidence, but you also *may* be on to something here.

I was, indeed, also running 1H/Shield when I received this error the other day.
    Note: I have all of the 1H/Shield Passives, but I did not have *any* of the 1H/Shield Active abilities on the bar when this occurred.

If it is a 1H/Shield issue, that could also explain why it is not widespread.

Hope this helps to narrow it down,
    ~GTech_1
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run all passives, fully leveled as well... but also have defensive posture and shield charge on my bar. I was not executing any active skills at the time of the crash though.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    I got this with impulse ability using fire staff In combat before uninstalling that Windows update package.
    Edited by C3N50R3D on December 23, 2014 7:13PM
  • lorren451
    lorren451
    Soul Shriven
    I have also been getting this crash on my DK 1H&S build. I almost always get the crash when I am blocking and then attacking either while holding block still or not. Though that is a bit misleading because it is not every time I do this. It seems to hit during specific times (armor proc, attack, block, enchant(?)). I can't narrow it down any farther than that. None of my other characters have this problem, not even my 2H build.

I have reinstalled pretty much everything and it "fixed" it for a day or two, but then started crashing again on the DK. Getting to the point where I don't really want to play that character cause I know it'll crash.
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    My character that gets this crash is a Sorcerer, so it does not seem to be dependent on a class ability.

This *appears* to be an issue with 1H/Shield, however, I have not yet been able to find consistent reproduction steps.

As soon as I can consistently reproduce the crash, I will put in a "proper" /bug report.

Hope this helps,
    ~GTech_1
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    I've reinstalled everything now. windows updates, all drivers. bug scan and malware scan. fresh installed the game. I cannot do anything more. yet the crash still persists. It seems to happen after I attack, block heavy attack spell. However I cannot be sure of the order. All I can see is when I crash I'm in mid attack.
  • C3N50R3D
    C3N50R3D
    ✭✭✭
    http://support2.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;125749

"CAUSE
    This error occurs when your application indirectly calls a pure virtual member function in a context where a call to the function is not valid. In most cases, the compiler detects this and reports the error when building the application. But depending on how your code is written, sometimes the problem is detected only at run-time.

The error occurs when you indirectly call a pure virtual function within the context of a call to the constructor or destructor of an abstract base class. This is illustrated in the sample code below, along with some more description.
    Back to the top
    RESOLUTION
    Calling a pure virtual function is a programming error, so you need to find the call to the pure virtual function and rewrite the code so it is not called.

One way to find a call to a pure virtual function is to replace the pure virtual function with an implementation that calls the Windows API function DebugBreak. When using the debugger, DebugBreak will cause a hard-coded breakpoint. When the code stops running at this breakpoint, you can view the callstack to see where the function was called.

Another way to find a call to a pure virtual function is to set a breakpoint on the _purecall function that is found in PureVirt.c. Breaking on this function has the advantage of keeping the stack intact so that you can trace what is occurring."
  • Broonsbane
    Broonsbane
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same exact issue. My V14 DK tank is now unplayable. It happens when I pull and hit both mouse buttons to bash the mob. It then immediately throws the runtime error and crashes...I have to alt-tab out and close the game. My character is now broken, and this has only happened since 1.5...same rig and no issues before then.

My computer is a gaming machine with plenty of resources to play this game on high settings. Please acknowledge that this is a wider issue and that you are working on it.

I have only one character that I've invested a lot of time in, my DK tank, and now he's unplayable -- I'm beyond frustrated and would like this resolved asap.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Hello folks! We do want to let you know that we are still actively investigating this issue and we do appreciate all of the information you're providing regarding it!

We'll be sure to update as we get this resolved!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    I have sent as requested a misconfiguration txt to support. let's see what happens
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all for staying on this. It's more widespread than just those in this thread. So hopefully we'll see a resolution soon.
  • Broonsbane
    Broonsbane
    Soul Shriven
    It just happened again on the first boss pull in Wayrest sewers...I hit the undaunted range taunt and went to bash and the runtime error happened. I have no addons installed, I removed the "live" folder and even reinstalled V++ libraries from 2005 through 2013...attached is the screenshot. My character is officially toast until this is fixed.

++ I did hear back from support and they asked me to send msinfo32.txt which I have done. Will wait to hear back.
    Edited by Broonsbane on December 30, 2014 7:06AM
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it now crashes around the 20 mins of starting. then again any time after, from 20 mins to 2 hours. I have had it crash every 15 mins one day
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sucks... mine is nowhere near that frequent.
  • Nhilandra77
    Nhilandra77
    ✭✭
    tell me about it :-(
  • SainguinLibras
    I'm experiencing this crash on my NB. 1H/SH as well, weird. Never experienced this with my DW/Bow build.

I also noticed it has only happened when blocking a Strong (purple) mob.
    Edited by SainguinLibras on December 31, 2014 6:44AM
    I've been playing this game for way too long, but I just can't stop.
  • Broonsbane
    Broonsbane
    Soul Shriven
    Update for the community: msinfo txt file showed crashes starting on the 21st of the December for me. I made no major updates last Sunday, so there's still no real explanation. I've opted to clean install the game, and I reformatted Windows just for the heck of it. I essentially have a brand new factory installed machine and am patching now. I've also opted to go with the stock nVidia driver, 334.89 for testing purposes. The game ran absolutely fine before 1.5 with that configuration so I'll report back with results.

If anyone has found a resolution for this, please share it. I know they're looking into this...my biggest concern is it's a game-breaking code issue with 1.5 and may have to wait for the next patch assuming they find out what's causing it...anyway, I hope the clean install fixes it though I've seen some folks state they did the same to no avail....