The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should there be Daedric Invasions?

• KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, the Anchors need this feature. Currently if you leave one half-open, the stuff just despawns.. like really? Why open a big hole in the sky to meteor down some putties just to send them back up after 10 minutes?
  • Xeres14
    Xeres14
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the Rift invasions were pretty good. It'd be a nice addition when you get a chance ZO.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    My main concern with this is in the vet zones for Cadwell's Silver and Gold. If those zones are fairly empty, and the invasion gets going pretty strong, you may not be able to get the support you need to stop it, and then you can't continue on your quests without getting killed.

This^^^^, combined with the fact you can't opt out of an invasion, at the minute you can focus on the quests and dabble with the Dolmens, apart from the mini Daedric Ambushes (even then you can spot and go around).

But with an Invasion you could be minding your own business, say fishing, and part of the Daedric invasion comes to you, and suddenly you're involved, whether you like it or not.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    My main concern with this is in the vet zones for Cadwell's Silver and Gold. If those zones are fairly empty, and the invasion gets going pretty strong, you may not be able to get the support you need to stop it, and then you can't continue on your quests without getting killed.

This^^^^, combined with the fact you can't opt out of an invasion, at the minute you can focus on the quests and dabble with the Dolmens, apart from the mini Daedric Ambushes (even then you can spot and go around).

But with an Invasion you could be minding your own business, say fishing, and part of the Daedric invasion comes to you, and suddenly you're involved, whether you like it or not.

Exactly! That's the whole point though :/
    Shock and awe ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Shock and awe ?

It's all exciting at first, then eventually people get bored and nobody bothers going to do them...until the devs end up having to nerf the content till that one guy still doing them can solo it.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babylon wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Shock and awe ?

It's all exciting at first, then eventually people get bored and nobody bothers going to do them...until the devs end up having to nerf the content till that one guy still doing them can solo it.

Lmao. Fair comment.
    TBH that is one of the reasons I said no more than 1 a week.
    It would get tedious and boring and predictable and stale if it wasn't rare/unusual.
    The important part being the not knowing when/where/if it will happen.

That's If you didn't want this as a 4th faction to balance the population overflow in PVP.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on October 21, 2014 3:01PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Leijona
    Leijona
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If well done, they could be really great. Especially if they scale with the number of players in a zone. Give them some nice achievements and people will care for a longer time.
  • Elvinfire
    Elvinfire
    ✭✭
    Great idea! Like in the game 'Ryzom', Molag Bal could decide he's had enough and send his minions to take over regions or entire cities, unless the people would band together and drive them back into the caverns.
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see something like this based off of the Dolmens already. What if no one shows up to stop the Dolmen? NPCs should just rain down from Coldharbour and venture to the nearest town and start a rampage until people group up to kill them. This now makes it vital to stop the Dolmens, otherwise quest locations become difficult to use. It revives lonely Dolmens people forgot too.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • jluceyub17_ESO
    jluceyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think it'd be a cool idea for Cyrodil. Daedric armies that would pop up and attack keeps. Would be a way to keep people active in the campaigns that have been relegated to "buff campaign" status.
    On second thought, I love my buff campaign, ignore this ZoS!!
    Oh good, you never read it anyway
  • danovic
    danovic
    ✭✭✭
    Yes invasions should happen any time all three dolmans get down and locked without attack. They should leave the dolman and start re-spawning to attack the nearest towns and stay down until dolmans are destroyed. We currently have dolmans just sitting there down all day long because no one is doing them due to difficulty finding groups of just lack of interest.
  • suycyco
    suycyco
    ✭✭✭
    Yes things that breacks this feeling of everything is static is welcome.
    Some events spawning sporadically would breack the monotony of doing always planned things like monday donjon, tuesday cyrodiill ect ect.
    Would give more the feelings of a living world.
  • Fair_Astrea
    Fair_Astrea
    ✭✭
    Can I vote twice? I like the regular and mini-dolmens. There seem to be a couple of places in Greenshade where mini's drop every time I transport to the wayshire. That is enough invasion for me! ;)
    Edited by Fair_Astrea on October 24, 2014 6:42PM