Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragonstar Arena PTS Challenge

• tyler.kloberdanzb16_ESO
    I've been having a hell of a time on the last boss in dragonstar. I have a couple questions. Is there a way to make the flame atro's despawn? Do you have to kill the flame atro's? Should you just focus down the boss? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out a strategy for this. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone of those lucky few reads this, please ask them why there are so many silly traits on endgame gear. I mean seriously, exploration on VR14 gear? Defending on the master's dagger? Well fitted on a dps set? -_-

Well at least exploration can be usefully theoretically on a V14 item as you get exploration exp when you open hidden chests in the different zones and you could use that exp to level up a skill... However I think anyone would rather kill NPCs to do that as its a billion times faster.

But I understand what you mean. The itemization in this game is at best schizophrenic.
  • Neptonic
    Neptonic
    ✭✭
    I've been having a hell of a time on the last boss in dragonstar. I have a couple questions. Is there a way to make the flame atro's despawn? Do you have to kill the flame atro's? Should you just focus down the boss? I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out a strategy for this. Any help would be appreciated.

Kill them. That's what we did :D
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

No there is no way to make them despawn (or we didn't find out ^^)
    Yes you should kill them at least we are killing them ...

Hope that will help ;)
  • Hoodster92_ESO
    Hoodster92_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Vokundein! We'll be in touch later today about the Q&A.

So @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ how come these guys in Vokundein never got the Q&A session? I know you you could easily twist the meaning of this comment as "we only said that we would get in touch with you about a Q&A, not necessarily invite you to it", but a "good" and "upstanding" company such as Zenimax wouldn't do such a thing as that now would they? And they especially wouldn't hand pick the guilds and leave out the other groups that completed this challenge would they?

"If you can manage to conquer all 10 grueling stages of the arena in Veteran Mode, we’ll invite you to ask questions and share your experiences with our devs." I believe was the exact words of how to win an invite from this competition. So whats up? Why didn't these guys get an invite to the Q&A? They completed it before the time of the competition was up, and by the quotes above were even given a congratulations and a conferment by you that they would be invited, but nothing?

The damage is done and there is no more Q&A session to be had anymore. They know the Q&A happened, and they know only certain groups were actually invited. But one thing you could simply give them is an apology. This might actually build some trust with the community that Zenimax is trying to sell their game too and keep people happy.

Just food for thought.
    Edited by Hoodster92_ESO on November 30, 2014 9:00PM
  • kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    kelly.medleyb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a further aside, agree with the Hodor comment on itemisation, what it means for motivating people to try it and what the approach to loot means for the interest and longevity of the game overall. IMO, ZOS needs to add some unique, random and rare drops to have people strongly motivated to try and beat this content.

Agreed 100%, the same goes for PVP. Cyrodiil and Raids (arena/serpent/other content) are fun but ultimately unrewarding as they end up being "for the lulz" with no long-term progression to them. Adopt DAOC's realm rank system for pvp/rvr... and add some longer-term tiers/earnable items/very rare drops ton accrue/etc. for the raids, and we'll see a lot more participation+longevity to the gameplay of both.

^ this, I am avoiding trials and dungeons for the simple fact that there is no good loot. The whole game is like that. I battle my way down a dangerous ancient ruins use my irl master skills to open a presumably ancient chest that someone saw fit to lock and get... goat meat or worse yet some useless green/blue gear.

Spend hours defending against 10:1 odds in ava, you get A GREEN ITEM YAAAY! Maybe if you are lucky they throw you a bone of a shard.

Get 11 other ppl together after honing your skills for weeks and coordinate attacks that take you to the final stages of a hard mode dungeon and you get... a v13 okish piece of armour!!

Edit: I really love this game and it has so much potential to be great, but in its current state it is far to shallow. Nothing is rare and all content is easy to moderate. For the long term success of this game to be realized there has to be some depth added in these categories. Some difficult content added as well as some real vertical progression.

Some ideas are crafting materials that can only be gotten deep in some trials, good sets, some other type of resource that can be used to make something great.

Also, no items should be soulbound, why alienate someone who is motivated by the money they can get for selling an item they worked hard for?

Anyway those are my thoughts hope they help and hope things change soon.
    Edited by kelly.medleyb14_ESO on December 21, 2014 4:24AM