The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Champion Point System creating an even larger player gap

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't see any issue with the gap getting bigger between those that game a LOT and those that are more casual, apart from the obvious of course.

big_bang_theory_season2_screen03.jpg

Ah, yes, online gaming addiction. There's nothing worse than having that multi-player monkey on your back. ~ Raj

Edited by kijima on July 22, 2014 6:21AM
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't quite get behind the player gap argument. I see where it comes from, but personally, I don't think a player that has put in 10% of the time should be able to hang with one that has played that much more. I get in PvP it creates a bigger problem, but between making use of softcaps and needing to wait and see what the system entails, I'll hold any firm thoughts about it all.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player power in PVP would not even be an issue if they were to develop the equivalent of warzones or battlegrounds and put players with similar ratings against each other.

That was sadly missing at quake on though, or did I miss that.
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RatsnevE wrote: »
    Anastasia wrote: »
    One of the things that MMO gamers realllllly love is figuring out what it takes, and which step will bring one further along the journey, closer to the newest hopefully exciting content or endcap.

Earning and wearing the 'best gear' is part of the way one does get to the endgame content and upon arriving is competitive and squared away. These Champion points look to me like a means to obtain more efficiency, have input over better synergy with other skills already obtained, and will grow my character along her path as she heads there to wherever there is: the current endgame, or an upcoming expansion.
    Perfect examples of to much strategy in a game for me and if it was a requirement (in the case of ESO) to early on figure out in order to reach level 50 by grouping in PvP (no solo and no PvE) I for one would never have given ESO a second thought to ever play. I hate [dislike] strategy and PKing.

There's strategy and then there's being lazy. There's a post in the pve forum from a player who was struggling with VR content. He even went as far as to say its a struggle because he knowingly doesn't even try to figure out a boss's mechanics and things he should just be able to attack stuff and win.

That is a lazy player rather than the game being too tactical. I'll always stand up for casual players rights, but some players just want to use that to justify being plain bad and not wanting to improve at all!
  • Akiainavas
    Akiainavas
    ✭✭✭
    I do get your point, but you can't expect to be on par with those who play the game - when you are not playing the game. Is ZeniMax supposed to grant you a lvl for each day you didn't play and could have gained one ? Let's be realistic...
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at the end of the day most of this seems like jealousy and like "i cant get this easily but that person who worked for it got XYZ and i dont have it therefore i should have it or no one should".
    Or, put another way, why should the unemployed and students get advantages in an MMO while those who work for a living and have a real life can't play 24/7?

See, I can be an ass too!

the two are unrelated. what a silly thing u just said lol. why cant i be as good at being as trained electricians and get payed the same as them while i work an office job. see i can say totally dumb and irrelevant things as well
    Glad you see my point and you're good at it too.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on July 22, 2014 11:14AM
  • RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    There's strategy and then there's being lazy. There's a post in the pve forum from a player who was struggling with VR content. He even went as far as to say its a struggle because he knowingly doesn't even try to figure out a boss's mechanics and things he should just be able to attack stuff and win.

That is a lazy player rather than the game being too tactical. I'll always stand up for casual players rights, but some players just want to use that to justify being plain bad and not wanting to improve at all!
    Lazy is just an opposite to something like die-hard or hardcore. They are all sorts of labels that exist on a sliding scale where you can pin anyone on.

This MMO goes way beyond my means or interest. MMOs are a slippery slope for me and I don't need to even follow this discussion. I had never heard of a Champion Point System and indeed it caught my eye. Bye...
  • GnatB
    GnatB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obscure wrote: »
    RPG is entirely too broad of a term for that to be true, especially in modern gaming in which even my FPS is an RPG. I just don't like leveling systems, there's better ways to simulate character progression than mimicking elementary counting.

IS your FPS an RPG? Unlikely. It may be billed as an RPG, but if putting your crosshairs on the target with the right lead means you hit, and not putting the crosshairs on the target means you miss, it's at best an action/rpg hybrid.

Again, just because a game has a first person narrative, doesn't mean it's an RPG. One is a narrative style, the other is a game genre.

Achievements Suck
  • gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a good read from PC Gamer on the upcoming game content release:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/23/righting-the-ship-a-look-at-elder-scrolls-onlines-future/#null