Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Good news! Vet content made harder was a mistake!

DakotaCoty
DakotaCoty
✭✭✭
Hello all,

All of your self-entitlement issues and bitching worked!
Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

I hope you're all happy now :disappointed_relieved:

But the real question, was it a genuine mistake? Or are they regretting it?
Edited by DakotaCoty on May 23, 2014 6:27PM
EU player
http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    DakotaCoty wrote: »
    Hello all,

Hey guys,

This change was not intended, though some VR content and monsters are indeed more difficult after yesterday’s patch. We are working on a fix now to revert the difficulty back to what you were familiar with prior to patch 1.1.2, and plan to have this rolled out in the next 24 hours. Thanks so much for your patience!

Considering it made some VR portions of the game more challenging than Craglorn, I'd say it was not intentional.
  • Greevir
    Greevir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering these mobs are more powerful than ones in Craglorn? I'd say it was a genuine mistake. Besides, Zenimax seems to be good at making mistakes.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP? geico_gecko.png
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's called a CYA program.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention it made some solo only instances impossible. For example I hear people had a lot of fun with Balreth... :)
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We complain about a genuine issue, one that was apparently not intended... Yet you feel the need to make an entire thread about a response a Mod gave in another thread, while trying to demean us...

And WE'RE self-entitled. Ok.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • DakotaCoty
    DakotaCoty
    ✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    We complain about a genuine issue, one that was apparently not intended... Yet you feel the need to make an entire thread about a response a Mod gave in another thread, while trying to demean us...

And WE'RE self-entitled. Ok.

I'm merely questioning the reasoning behind her post. It's easy to try and change the game and then say it was a 'mistake' rather than say "yeah, we tried to make the game more difficult and it didn't work, we're sorry"...

Maybe you're forgetting how difficult it is to say sorry, especially from multi-millionaire companies.
    EU player
    http://tinyurl.com/10VampGuide
    www.twitter.com/DakotaKavanagh
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats all well and dandy, but are you or are you not the geico gecko?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Hey guys,

Maybe a disgruntled Dev whose eyes are bleeding from all the "this game is too easy" threads

While coding

"oh yeah players .. stick this in your pipe and smoke it!"

=Call-set "V@Content_EnCounter_sub-mark" X 200%
  • ZurinArctus
    ZurinArctus
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't intended, whether you were for it or against it, you have to acknowledge that when known group content is easier than existing content you've been soloing up until then, something is wrong.

Now would be the time for those wanting to slingshot ahead to do Craglorn content while it's easier ... lol.
    Edited by ZurinArctus on May 23, 2014 6:43PM
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you're forgetting how difficult it is to say sorry, especially from multi-millionaire companies.

They need to realize there's a quiet dignity in admitting a fault and fixing it, as opposed to just not responding at all. I can promise you these forums wouldn't be NEARLY as full of "Bitchy" posts if ZoS just freaking communicated with us a reasonable amount.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, all. As ZOS_GinaBruno stated in the content quoted above, the increase in veteran mob difficulty was not intended, and we're working on changing it now. We're closing this thread, as it is not constructive. We're happy to read meaningful feedback about veteran content difficulty, but we do require that all threads be constructive and in line with our forum Code of Conduct. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.