The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

So is any of the "story" from ESO present in skyrim, obilivon and so on?

gamesightb16_ESO
I mean we are going back in time, and i was wondering where it is mentioned that " in this era, this and this happened "

Cause f.ex i STILL dont know why the capital is taken over , and I wonder what the history books say about all this in lore .

Anyonje ?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 10 March 2024 15:23
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THey chose this era for freedom. It's loosely documented, and almost entirely by circumstantial evidence and tomes that could be false.

I would say that, given some time to mature, this will serve as a pre-cursor to the later era lore we know and love.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    Everyone with long played saves of all games before this start looking.
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The game is 1000 years before Skyrim's (the games) time.

Anything that happened in skyrim are in the future by 1000 years, we are currently in the 2nd era which is closest to the time area of Morrowind which is in the 3rd era and Oblivion came slightly after that.

Timeline :

Elder scrolls online - 2E

Morrowind - 3E 427

There are books in Morrowind that mention events that happen or will be in ESO

Some of the Dwemer ruins you find in game have books about them, if you ever played Morrowind and read the books you will have found your self dreaming about raiding these fabled ruins ..... you can see in ESO

Oblivion - 3E 433

There are books in Oblivion that mention event that happen in or will be in ESO

Skyrim - 4E
    Edited by cubansyrusb16_ESO on 7 April 2014 15:24
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    This age was chosen for it's limitless potential in the direction that they wished to take the game. It's very difficult to find traces in the single player franchise to what's going in the time of ESO. That aside, there's plenty of mention of people and geography.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    This still predates Nerevarine by about 300 years. I actually found a book that prophecies his return.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    This storyline is occurring in Second Era, 582 (all the other ES games occur in the Third Era).

A lot of the lore can be found in ES in-game books about the Second Era - namely, that the weak Emperor tried to legitimize his rule and ended up falling for the lies of the necromancer Mannimarco (the Big Bad of Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall), aka the King of Worms, resulting in the Soulburst.

With the Emperor gone, politicking overcame the Imperials, which led to the rise of nationalism in the various regions... DC, EP and AD.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on 7 April 2014 15:19
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Sarenia said, it seems to be intentionally placed in a less documented part of the timeline to allow future expansions and ESO lore freedom.
  • Senaru
    Senaru
    Soul Shriven
    i'm reading all the comments on different sites about those people that saying eso story sucks and they don't know all the events happen and that's actually canon every single one of them in eso and shaking my head they played only skyrim and morrowind and they think they know everything of that happened to elder scrolls lol
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liken it a bit to real life. Things that happened a thousand years ago are often poorly understood, poorly documented and misrepresented by folks with an agenda. The idea of the average person knowing about this is a longshot at best.

Would the Planemeld be a big deal? Maybe if it actually succeeded, but since it was stopped relatively early on, it's barely a blip compared to the more recent events in Tamriel's history by that point (Like the Warp in the West, which is the ending of the second game and is already obscured by the 4th, barely a few decades later).

Add to that the fact that we don't know how this all ends and it makes it even more unlikely that it ever gets mentioned. Does the average person talk about events that happened a thousand years ago in daily conversation? You have to go looking for that information, so much so that there are several entire professions built around the process of finding these things out in the first place.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • Dragon Frog - Butterscotch Dragon Frog
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • Jestir
    Jestir
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does a thread from April 2014 get Necro'd

This is why they are taking blastbones away
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in April 2014. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.