The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO Live - Ask Us Anything!

• hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    is there any plans for small scale structured pvp like arena or duels? between zergs and gankers in game pvp is almost impossible with large groups.
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    when can we look for more group dungeons? hopefully something a little easier then imperial city vet dungeons.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like Reaper's March, which is clearly divided into the forested Northern Woods in the northwest, the grassy savanna Jodewood in the south, and the arid Dawnmead in the northeast, we know that Wrothgar is split into three distinct ecological areas; a boreal forest in the west, a tundral plain in the centre, and a snowy alpine region in the east. What are the names of these three regions of Wrothgar?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »
    Any plans to revise the loot / drop system in dungeons regarding BOP items?

With the current system, it might take several hundreds of runs of WGT or ICP to collect a set that you want and even longer to get the traits you want. Same thing with other BOP gear like the monster helmets. I have a friend who must have run veteran City of Ash hundreds of times over the last year and only got his first Valkyn Skoria helm a week ago.

Most people in my guild have completely given up on dropped sets and just gone for crafted sets instead. Not because it's the set they want, but because they know they will probably never get the dropped set that they want anyway. When the items you want drop, they are usually with the wrong trait anyway. There have been many threads of the forums about this with different solutions proposed, like get rid of BOP, let us change traits on items, implement a token system instead, etc.

Is this something you intend to change in any way?

(No, the increased drop rate in the orsinium patch is not a solution)

It isn't eh? Sounds to me like you want to be able to get precisely what you want every single time you try for it. Sorry, not gonna happen. RNG is a pain at times, everyone knows that, but we accept it because it is RNG and RNG is part of every single game in existance.

No, it isn't. Sounds like you are putting words in my mouth. The increased drop rate alleviates some of the pain but far from all of it. The system in itself is still flawed.

I don't want to get exactly what I want on the first try. That would be boring. Maybe you haven't tried to get the new sets, maybe you have been extremely lucky with drops and don't understand our frustration. But there are many of us out there that have run WGT and ICP many, many times and still does not have the set we want.

RNG can be good or bad. The RNG in ESO is bad. Not only is the RNG drop rate bad, you have the additional RNG of Traits. The layered RNG in ESO is much, much worse than I have seen in any game before.

For example, I think I've done vWGT at least 40 times since IC was released. I've gotten 4 drops of the Overwhelming set. 2 pants, both reinforced and 2 boots, both infused. That is bad RNG.

Please realize I'm not whining cause "it's hard" or "I want it on the first try", I've done vWGT and vICP many times and have the achievements for hard mode, speed run and no deaths (before the latest nerfs). I'm pointing out a flawed system.
    Edited by sebban on 9 November 2015 14:54
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • davidlpiazzajrub17_ESO
    need a global auction house
  • kaorunandrak
    kaorunandrak
    ✭✭✭
    Why are the drop rates from Champion chests in Veteran Maelstrom so low? Comparatively I have had far more success farming non vet for v16 set gear then actually running Vet each chest giving me v16 decon gear rather then a set item.
    Guild Leader of The Crimson Moon PVE/PVP NA
    Join CM! http://thecrimsonmoon.enjin.com/page/724665/recruitment?gid=72859-0

Kaoru Nandrak - V16 DK Stamina DPS 2h/Heavy
    Jaoul Deathbringer - V16 NB Stamina DPS DW/Medium
    Zantare Deshuld - V16 NB Magicka Sap Tank S&B/Heavy
    Jarl Nan'Drak - Sorc Magika DPS 2h/Light
    Vilder Ymirson- Temp Magika DPS DW/Light
    Graywulf Odakai- DK Magika Tank S&B/Heavy
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to give away anything here, at the end of the main quest in Orsinium, when you chat with the glowie, is that a real hint of things to look forward coming up in the game ? I hope so sounds cool.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Djeriko wrote: »
    So when can we expect race/appearance changes? If it is coming, will it be a one time thing or will there be a full service for it? The best idea I've seen is an NPC in-game to charge for appearance changes in exchange for gold but a race change would be perfect for a Crown Store service.

The better question is, how many more people are going to ask about this? It has been asked about, many times, so there is no point asking about it more.
    JBsnow404 wrote: »
    Will we ever see lvl scaling in the main story zones? I'm asking because by just questing and killing enemies on my path I hit vr4 just before leaving the first zone of silver content. With enemies being 2-3vr levels below me there isn't much of a challenge anymore. pls, do something to make the main story zones more interesting again, because with it being an already known story to me, and there being no challenge at all. It's just one big drag.

F.Y.I. I didn't even do any of the 4 man group dungeons with this character yet, nor have I ever done any grinding, Cyrodiil PVP or crafting writs. Meaning all the exp I gained was by just progressing through the main story line and side quests. I'm fine with leveling faster this way, but only if it introduces scaled up enemies. Being at least a bit challenging is important otherwise a game is just boring and you might just as well start selling vr16 toons in the crown store.

DON'T actually start selling vr16 toons in the crown store! Just saying.

The sad truth is people complain too much about how long it takes to grind up to VR16 and so it has been made progressively easier over the course of time to get there. As it stands now it takes 850,000 Experience to gain a VR. Used to be 1 million before they removed all Cyrodiil bonuses from outside of Cyrodiil. The problem with leveling so easily will not be alleviated in any way by scaling every area in the game, in fact that would be pointless, not to mention ruin the ability to obtain certain things after a certain point. The best way for them to fix the issue with leveling so easily is simply make it take longer to level so you don't fly through levels. Problem with that is people will start complaining because "they don't have time to grind that long" or "grinding is too boring to do so much of". Honestly though, I'd say putting it back to a mil per VR and lengthening the amount of experience needed to level before Vet Ranks is not unreasonable because as you say simply doing things as you go without ever actually needing to grind a single hour of your playtime can actually overlevel you.
    Why are nightblades so OP!!! It's ridiculous what they can do. Its sad really.

What's sad is you resent Nightblades that much just because they apparently best you too often. Others are always spouting Sorcerers are too OP and anyone having trouble with Dragonknights and Templars can say the same thing. Fact is, nothing is OP, you just need to work on defeating them.
    Scyantific wrote: »
    Are going to stop ninja nerfing anything that has to do with tanks in this game?

Proof or it isn't happening. And I mean solid proof, as in actual verification from Zenimax itself or a statement somewhere from them that it happened. Until the day I stop seeing people actually fend off multiple players in Cyrodiil single-handedly I refuse to believe Tanks are so low potential.
    Cogo wrote: »
    First, ESO is amazing. I back this up with being a subscriber since launch, even though I never used a single crown. ZoS have This Orc's many thanks for the excellent journey in Tamriel, and your awesome ongoing work! More DLCs please! B)

I have a question about the "Twice-Born Star" crafted set from Craglorn. (9 traits required)
    The 5 set bonus gives the wearer the ability to choose 2 Mondus stone effects.

My question is, can this set be changed so the player don't need to reacquire the mondus stone if you weapon swap to a weapon that is not from this set. Or change to another set?
    Players can weapon swap between two weapons and still maintain both Mundus Stone Boons as long as they don't drop below 5 pieces total. If a player goes below 5 pieces he/she will lose their last Boon and will have to reacquire it at a Mundus Stone.

The second effect should be inactive if you don't have 5 active on you. But having to reacquire the mundus again?

I think this set would be far more attractive if the second boon was just inactive if you drop below 5 active parts. And become active when you have 5 active parts again.

Is this something worth considering?

A simple solution here is to just put all 5 pieces on your Armor. Putting a different set on both weapons in order to "swap conveniences" is always going to have a price. What you experience now is likely due to an old exploit involving this set and maintaining multiple boons without having the 5-piece bonus active.

@hamburgerler76 Your first question was asked further up this very page. Your second question has been asked everywhere, literally, and the answer is not anytime soon. As for your third question wait until the next DLC or 2 to see.
    Any plans to revise the loot / drop system in dungeons regarding BOP items?

With the current system, it might take several hundreds of runs of WGT or ICP to collect a set that you want and even longer to get the traits you want. Same thing with other BOP gear like the monster helmets. I have a friend who must have run veteran City of Ash hundreds of times over the last year and only got his first Valkyn Skoria helm a week ago.

Most people in my guild have completely given up on dropped sets and just gone for crafted sets instead. Not because it's the set they want, but because they know they will probably never get the dropped set that they want anyway. When the items you want drop, they are usually with the wrong trait anyway. There have been many threads of the forums about this with different solutions proposed, like get rid of BOP, let us change traits on items, implement a token system instead, etc.

Is this something you intend to change in any way?

(No, the increased drop rate in the orsinium patch is not a solution)

It isn't eh? Sounds to me like you want to be able to get precisely what you want every single time you try for it. Sorry, not gonna happen. RNG is a pain at times, everyone knows that, but we accept it because it is RNG and RNG is part of every single game in existance.

No, it isn't. Sounds like you are putting words in my mouth. The increased drop rate alleviates some of the pain but far from all of it. The system in itself is still flawed.

I don't want to get exactly what I want on the first try. That would be boring. Maybe you haven't tried to get the new sets, maybe you have been extremely lucky with drops and don't understand our frustration. But there are many of us out there that have run WGT and ICP many, many times and still does not have the set we want.

RNG can be good or bad. The RNG in ESO is bad. Not only is the RNG drop rate bad, you have the additional RNG of Traits. The layered RNG in ESO is much, much worse than I have seen in any game before.

For example, I think I've done vWGT at least 40 times since IC was released. I've gotten 4 drops of the Overwhelming set. 2 pants, both reinforced and 2 boots, both infused. That is bad RNG.

Please realize I'm not whining cause "it's hard" or "I want it on the first try", I've done vWGT and vICP many times and have the achievements for hard mode, speed run and no deaths (before the latest nerfs). I'm pointing out a flawed system.

Like I said, RNG is RNG, and if the rates are what they are supposed to be then they are doing their job. You cannot blame Zenimax for RNGeebus' shenanigans simply because it is all luck. Just because a rate is 10% for example doesn't mean it will always be 1 out of 10. It can easily be more often or way less often. As for me, no I have not tried for any of these sets yet and frankly they are not my concern but I am one of the unluckiest people in the world when it comes to gaming and as such have gotten used to RNG or any other luck factor screwing me over. You can either accept it and move on or damn it with all your rage until you throw your gaming system out your bedroom window. The more you agonize over RNG the more it'll give you hell. That's just how it is, and it does so even more when it KNOWS you want the item.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it so long to research trait's?

I understand why if was like this at the start to keep people subed to the game but since it went buy to play why has the research time not been reduced.

I mean i can start to learn a trait that takes 30 days to complete set a note on my calendar and not play the game again until its done.

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    syzmic wrote: »
    Why is it so long to research trait's?

I understand why if was like this at the start to keep people subed to the game but since it went buy to play why has the research time not been reduced.

I mean i can start to learn a trait that takes 30 days to complete set a note on my calendar and not play the game again until its done.

Research time is still reduced if you have ESO Plus. Without that the 8th trait can take at minimum 24 Days. The fact it takes so long really puts some value on being such a veteran player, at least for awhile lol
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a fun question for the next time you have a code-writer on Life at ZOS:

Whatever sort of crazy code hiccup causes a quest interactable to start selling produce?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Here's a fun question for the next time you have a code-writer on Life at ZOS:

Whatever sort of crazy code hiccup causes a quest interactable to start selling produce?

It was... THE ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES!!! Also I'd say they are still looking into it themselves, considering they are using a hotfix for the time being lol
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of a variable drop chance on unique items like monster helms for example, each time the mob is killed the chance to get the item increases if it doesn't drop and resets to normal when it does drop. This would provide a limit on how many times someone would have to clear the same dungeon before getting an item they wanted because at the moment there is no limit, a player could theoretically take forever. Do devs have an idea how long or how many times they'd like players to have to clear the same content before getting specific drops and program accordingly or do you leave it entirely to chance?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Any chance of a variable drop chance on unique items like monster helms for example, each time the mob is killed the chance to get the item increases if it doesn't drop and resets to normal when it does drop. This would provide a limit on how many times someone would have to clear the same dungeon before getting an item they wanted because at the moment there is no limit, a player could theoretically take forever. Do devs have an idea how long or how many times they'd like players to have to clear the same content before getting specific drops and program accordingly or do you leave it entirely to chance?

Some people take ages getting an item while others get it incredibly soon. Such is the ways of RNG! Zenimax does, however, modify a drop rate if it is actually incorrect.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 10 November 2015 13:58
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭
    With the addition of the Mercenary Motif to the Undaunted Chest, will that decrease the chances of the Monster Shoulders dropping? Or is the loot table going to be adjusted for the dilution of additional items added?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the next ESO Live not far off I just want to point out my list of unanswered questions since it is long and may take 2 dozen segments to cover completely lol as well as add another question to it. Here is the list: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2294108/#Comment_2294108

And the new question (don't have to answer if you don't wanna it's just curiousity lol): How does Zenimax respond in real life every time they read a post on the forums bashing ZoS?
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why was it decided to make the Laurels style item bound? Do you plan on offering them in the Crown Store like malachite?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Why was it decided to make the Laurels style item bound? Do you plan on offering them in the Crown Store like malachite?

This was already answered in a thread, and the answer is pretty much "yes, we made it bound so we can have the opportunity to introduce it to the crown store later on if needed"
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

This was already answered in a thread, and the answer is pretty much "yes, we made it bound so we can have the opportunity to introduce it to the crown store later on if needed"

Happen to have a link to this admission?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to look for it so I'll post it later when I get home from work.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to look for it so I'll post it later when I get home from work.

Thanks. Much appreciated.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    Any chance we could see some more protective models for women's light and medium armor? I have a few female characters, and believe you-me, they don't want to take the chance of having their bellies slit so I go with heavy gear all 'round. I realize (correct me if I'm wrong, please) most of this game's players are male, but that's no excuse. Women in warfare need to be protected just as much as men; somehow I doubt Joan of Arc rode into battle with her navel exposed, fashion be hanged.

• k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance we could see some more protective models for women's light and medium armor? I have a few female characters, and believe you-me, they don't want to take the chance of having their bellies slit so I go with heavy gear all 'round. I realize (correct me if I'm wrong, please) most of this game's players are male, but that's no excuse. Women in warfare need to be protected just as much as men; somehow I doubt Joan of Arc rode into battle with her navel exposed, fashion be hanged.

Fashion can be good for role playing also... Can we have both?? B)
  • TigerSeptim
    TigerSeptim
    ✭✭
    I dunno; are you prepared to face an outraged Khajiit? ;) But seriously, let's remember that things have changed quite a bit since Roman times, those being the historical era T.E.S is based on. Modern fashion may dictate that women flaunt their
    skin as much as possible, but have you any proof that this was so in Roman times? And let's face it- when you're in combat your looks are probably the last thing on your mind, with survival and victory being the first two.

On the subject of improving gameplay: I like having fog of war on my maps; it's more fun to fill things in (the first time, anyhow) than to have the whole area on my map before I've actually been there. I'm using an addon- True Exploration- but is it possible you could add this feature as an option? That way everyone's happy- those who like fog of war and those who don't or are indifferent to it.

In particular, it gives things more of an Elder Scrolls feel when dungeon interiors have to be discovered step by step. You could leave the zone maps alone, though, especially towns; maybe add a message or a quest item representing the character's map so it's that bit more immersive. Thanks for your consideration.
    Edited by TigerSeptim on 11 November 2015 00:49
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair @TigerSeptim Light Armor tears pretty easily anyway and Medium Armor is supposed to be a compromise between protection and mobility lol

Also @Tholian1 by making Laurels BoP it actually encourages people to do Undaunted stuff to get it! I know there will be people that will gripe about having to put the effort in but to be fair people have been asking for some incentive for awhile to do that stuff and I'd say that's pretty good incentive lol
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 11 November 2015 04:30
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Here's a serious ESO live question:
    Has any consideration been given toward closing this 123 page thread, and instead, creating a new thread, with the episode number, and future air date in the title, for each new ESO live episode?

---End of question---

If this has not yet been considered, I would like to suggest doing just that, in a heavily moderated thread, in which every post was a question directed to ZOS, or an answer from ESO live, as it pertains to the current game.
    I believe this was the original intent of this thread.

It would be nice to get back on track, in a new set of threads, by keeping the questions, and removing all answer / comment posts that do not come directly from ZOS. If this comes to pass, the thread could be reasonably updated, by ZOS, with answers to those questions, and then closed, after the episode has aired.

I believe this would address three factors:
    Most players would probably prefer to search here for "Official answers" to their questions.
    Most players would also probably prefer to post here, hoping their question would not be buried under the non-official answers from random community members.
    ZOS staff would have an easier time finding relevant questions for the "ESO Live: Ask Us Anything" segment.

Additional benefit: This may also cure the seemingly profound need by, no doubt, well meaning players to answer questions that are not directed at them.

Valid, official answers, from ZOS, are too difficult to find. Can we get that fixed in a series of threads, like I suggested?
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JasonLeavey
    Here's a serious ESO live question:
    Has any consideration been given toward closing this 123 page thread, and instead, creating a new thread, with the episode number, and future air date in the title, for each new ESO live episode?

---End of question---

If this has not yet been considered, I would like to suggest doing just that, in a heavily moderated thread, in which every post was a question directed to ZOS, or an answer from ESO live, as it pertains to the current game.
    I believe this was the original intent of this thread.

It would be nice to get back on track, in a new set of threads, by keeping the questions, and removing all answer / comment posts that do not come directly from ZOS. If this comes to pass, the thread could be reasonably updated, by ZOS, with answers to those questions, and then closed, after the episode has aired.

I believe this would address three factors:
    Most players would probably prefer to search here for "Official answers" to their questions.
    Most players would also probably prefer to post here, hoping their question would not be buried under the non-official answers from random community members.
    ZOS staff would have an easier time finding relevant questions for the "ESO Live: Ask Us Anything" segment.

Additional benefit: This may also cure the seemingly profound need by, no doubt, well meaning players to answer questions that are not directed at them.

Valid, official answers, from ZOS, are too difficult to find. Can we get that fixed in a series of threads, like I suggested?

There are still a large number of unanswered questions in this thread so I doubt it'll ever close lol

Whenever players do answer questions in Zenimax's stead it is because they happen to know the answer to it as actually provided by a reliable source and/or Zenimax themselves. Most people usually don't bother to check past feeds or anything but for those that do or wish to they can be found on their twitch channel right here: http://twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/profile/past_broadcasts but seeing as we understand how tedious it can be to peruse all that we offer the answers regardless. It is unfortunate but Zenimax does not always have time to answer our questions on the spot and no doubt they like to let the community answer for them whenever the answer is correct lol (can't confirm this, but it's still possible :p )

As for your concern though they never update this thread when an answer is given in the segments anyway, we actually usually do that ourselves if we see fit to and it was our question answered. If it is any consolation though I myself have suggested similar things such as a sticky that informs us of all issues known by Zenimax.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 11 November 2015 05:35
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the bear mounts! :love:
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • NightRibon23444
    Why don't you ZOS members ever do anything. Maybe balance the PvP out. Stop baby the non vest with the BS health. There is NON VET campaigns for them.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ZOS EVER going to address or even acknowledge the fact that Imperial City is positioned incorrectly?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
This discussion has been closed.