The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Known Issues for Patch v2.1.4 (Imperial City)

• melodeath
    melodeath
    ✭✭✭
    if you get hit by snares than roll dodging is happening in slowmotion aswell making it cost 3 rolls to get out of a tiny red cirkle (hope this is not intended)

i'm also pretty sure some skills are bypass cc immunity after breaking free as ive been stunned quite a few times right after doing so.
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Pixelex on 7 September 2015 07:54
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lorhkan's Tears (vet level 15 alchemy solvent) is frightfully hard to find in IC.

Spent four hours looting and killing in Imperial City NA/AD/PC sewers. Found six...yes that's 6 by looting everything I could.
    Is this intended @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    I'm supposed to buy them with telvar stones maybe?
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    Lorhkan's Tears (vet level 15 alchemy solvent) is frightfully hard to find in IC.

Spent four hours looting and killing in Imperial City NA/AD/PC sewers. Found six...yes that's 6 by looting everything I could.
    Is this intended @ZOS_GinaBruno?
    I'm supposed to buy them with telvar stones maybe?
    Pick up "Drink" and "Alchemy Bottle" flasks. I have looted around 300 tears so far.
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    Was something with the mouse acceleration changed with the patch? Turning has become incredibly sluggish while sprinting in 1st person. I don't really notice a difference when running / walking normally, but as soon as I hold shift the camera rotation crawls unless I swing the mouse a large distance (which tends to be the indication of acceleration being used - normally in console ports). I've been experimenting with the camera rotation settings since the patch but nothing seems to fix it.

If it has been changed (possibly in preparation for added controller support later) please add an option to disable. It's extremely disorienting and awkward for my play style, almost to the point of making 1st person unplayable for me. If nothing was changed regarding camera movement... then maybe I'm just going crazy, who knows?
    Edited by Thaumic on 7 September 2015 11:57
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    Thaumic wrote: »
    Was something with the mouse acceleration changed with the patch? Turning has become incredibly sluggish while sprinting in 1st person. I don't really notice a difference when running / walking normally, but as soon as I hold shift the camera rotation crawls unless I swing the mouse a large distance (which tends to be the indication of acceleration being used - normally in console ports). I've been experimenting with the camera rotation settings since the patch but nothing seems to fix it.

If it has been changed (possibly in preparation for added controller support later) please add an option to disable. It's extremely disorienting and awkward for my play style, almost to the point of making 1st person unplayable for me. If nothing was changed regarding camera movement... then maybe I'm just going crazy, who knows?

Yes.. there was something changed. Hope it's a bug:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/213280/look-speed-slower-while-sprinting/p1
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a bug in some instances of falling, like slightly sloped rocks you try to jump on but are "pushed back" every so subtly, and also MOST noticed when you are CC'd while falling or activate an ability that freezes you while falling. You literally "slow fall".

EG: I can reliably replicate this "floating" while channelling Remembrance (The Restoring Light ultimate for Templars). Literally floating. I sometimes jump and then channel it and people thought it was a new animation for the skill.

lIUFg5r.jpg

There is a downside to it though. The worst situation is when, say you are trying to jump off a keep and a DK talons you, you slow fall long enough for them to get your health down to either kill you or know you'll die from the rest of the fall.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    melodeath wrote: »
    if you get hit by snares than roll dodging is happening in slowmotion aswell making it cost 3 rolls to get out of a tiny red cirkle (hope this is not intended)

i'm also pretty sure some skills are bypass cc immunity after breaking free as ive been stunned quite a few times right after doing so.

The roll dodge thing is maddening. I swear I've nearly broken my keyboard trying to roll out of aoe the last few days.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Thaumic
    Thaumic
    ✭✭✭
    Pixelex wrote: »

Yes.. there was something changed. Hope it's a bug:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/213280/look-speed-slower-while-sprinting/p1

Thanks for the link, glad I'm not losing it. Hopefully it is just a bug / oversight and not a 'feature,' because I don't think I can handle it, the difference is so pronounced. :(
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff)
  • Geralt_of_Aalst

I pointed this out in post #120 of this thread already but sure am glad other people mention it, too. In the meantime, I've found other threads about this issue. Not just fairly recent ones like the one Pixelex links in post #153 of this thread, but also older threads from before the latest patch e.g. http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/198860/unusual-control-lag-latency-camera-fails-to-rotate-movement-sticks-etc-na-server.

For me, the problem only started after the latest patch. So this may be wishful thinking but the problem could be related to the general lag and FPS drop a lot of people are experiencing after IC patch. Hoping for a fix with tomorrow's patch, I guess. Right now, I can't use sprint (mounted or unmounted) in this game. And sometimes you do need a quick getaway from guards or other players, of course.
    I may contradict myself but at least I don't contradict myself
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked using the tool Process Monitor on my end, and I can see that the game is constantly thrashing the hard disk even when I'm stationary and doing nothing. I'm pretty sure this didn't happened before the patch, or at least not to this extent.

This issue is probably what is causing the decreased FPS and noticeably stuttering for many people. I'd guess that the ones that that do not have this issue is because they have installed the game on a SSD.

I've repeated this test with NO ADDONS loaded (moved all the addons out of the Addons folder to a safe place) and the issue stays the same, so is something that the base game client is doing.

Also, I've noticed that the game also starts to heavy swap (as indicated by the performance monitor, which increases the HD usage quite a bit) after a while of being running (about 20 secs of wait is enough...)

Just in case, I wanted to add that it isn't swapping because of an out of mem condition (I have 24GB of RAM in my system) nor because is out of address space (Virtual Size is constantly at ~2GB for ESO.exe, so it should have enough room to grow as a LAA flagged executable.)

So, I hope you can pin point the issue and fix it, please :)

Best regards.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • gamer3213000
    gamer3213000
    Soul Shriven
    I was with a group in the sewers and DC'd. When I logged back on I was in wayrest. I would think that I would relog in the sewers? Am I missing something?
  • gamer3213000
    gamer3213000
    Soul Shriven
    I am posting a question here because I do not know where else to post it. Do the devs read these forums or is there a section for customer feed to be entered that they do take time to read?
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was with a group in the sewers and DC'd. When I logged back on I was in wayrest. I would think that I would relog in the sewers? Am I missing something?

You probably got booted to make room for someone else while you were DC'd. Was your campaign pop-locked for your faction?
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno After activating dark exchange there is about a one second delay where you cannot weapon swap. Is this intended? If so you might as well have just kept it as a channel, at least then I could weapon swap even if it deactivated it.
    :trollin:
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the regen bugs please :disappointed:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    melodeath wrote: »

Right now you can stack snares. Working as intended.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am posting a question here because I do not know where else to post it. Do the devs read these forums or is there a section for customer feed to be entered that they do take time to read?

They read them. And sometimes they respond.
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno today's patch has broken stealth, you go into hidden mode but you run instead of staying low and creeping.

Disabled all my addons and it does the same. Please get it fixed next patch, thx.
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Cazic
    Cazic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can you give any insight on this issue please? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/213280/look-speed-slower-while-sprinting

Only noticeable since the update, and confirmed by a number of a players in that thread.

Thanks,
    C
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since today's patch, Entropy is putting my potions on CD.
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • gamer3213000
    gamer3213000
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, for any Dev or employee that has the ear of a dev that may be reading this. You really need to consider adding an IC server/campaign that allows for solo non PvP play. If balance of rewards are an issue simply lower the rewards and if need be lock the player into the campaign for a certain amount of time.
    The reason I give for this is two. One, the new patch offers nothing for the casual gamer like myself that has a busy real life schedule and often can't play more than 30 - 60 min at a time. That is not enough time to find groups in a practical sense and also some folks don't want you in their group if they know you can't stay long. One of the things I like most about this game is that you can solo 90-95% of the content, great for folks in my position. Players like me have much less if any incentive to purchase the expansion and continue to be paying customers........that is bad marketing for any business. I think considering it would be very easy to fix and make a server/campaign for each faction geared for IC quest to be solo'd, not the dungeons, the "streets" of IC it is a no brainer with no down side.
    The second issue to be addressed I just eluded to above is PvP. I have talked to many players that are like myself and don't really want or like PvP. This new expansion forces PvE players to deal/put up with PvP even if they don't want to, to a certain extent or if they wish to see all the content of IC. Turning off or ignoring a section of you customers is also a bad idea for any business. Again, this is also an easy fix. Have a server/campaign just for each faction. Again if balance of reward vs effort is an issue lessen the rewards earned in those campaigns(quest).
    I am really disappointed that these issues were not considered during the creation and path of the expansion, especially considering ESO already has the mechanics in place to address this with a minimum amount of work.
    On a some what related note I would like to know where the stone tablets are that all MMO devs go by that says "Players can only experience end game content in groups, thou shalt never break this rule nor shale thou balance rewards to keep soloing end game content possible and fair." If ESO would like to tell a story of how different they are and what they offer different from other MMO's...........there ya go, allow solo'ing end game content, just make that path take a lot longer and limit how often they can do each dungeon to keep it from being abused and balanced for those that put in the extra effort to group/face pvp:)
    All very simple, very sound marketing advise on keeping all your customer base feeling the love.................please consider or send me a message and give me a call if you want:) I am a big fan of ESO and really hope it doesn't go in a direction that copies WOW and limits its customer base and their choice's of play style.
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    mystercee wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It is somewhat disturbing despite the numerous (and vocal) complaints relating to latency & loading issues that this is not listed as a "Known Issue".

Is anyone looking into this? For many players this has made the game unplayable and it would be nice to know it is at least being looked at. An ETA on a fix would be even better.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Since there is no anwer on dis question, i'd like to ask the same :)
  • gamer3213000
    gamer3213000
    Soul Shriven
    Scyantific wrote: »

You probably got booted to make room for someone else while you were DC'd. Was your campaign pop-locked for your faction?

Ah, I was in a campaign as only because I was in a group. Still a bummer I lost 30 min of time:(

• Kyuumu
    Kyuumu
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree with your earlier post Gamer3213000! I feel PVE and PVP should remain separate. If some of the insulting and complaints I have seen going around are any indication..... the whole mixing thing was a huge mistake that has now caused somewhat of a rift between the two factions and should be immediately adjusted. IMO anyway. Now back to the main objective here......

* I am still getting Lag spikes in the upper hundreds.
    * I still CANNOT put bound collectibles in my private bank (not even the ones that character already knows)
    * I am getting DC'd more often now than I was before the patch (like back to the log in screen)
    * and the load screen times are still horrendous!

I would greatly appreciate if one of the Dev's who patrol this thread could give us an update on what, if anything, is going to be done about these issues. Thank you in advance.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, for any Dev or employee that has the ear of a dev that may be reading this. You really need to consider adding an IC server/campaign that allows for solo non PvP play. If balance of rewards are an issue simply lower the rewards and if need be lock the player into the campaign for a certain amount of time.
    The reason I give for this is two. One, the new patch offers nothing for the casual gamer like myself that has a busy real life schedule and often can't play more than 30 - 60 min at a time. That is not enough time to find groups in a practical sense and also some folks don't want you in their group if they know you can't stay long. One of the things I like most about this game is that you can solo 90-95% of the content, great for folks in my position. Players like me have much less if any incentive to purchase the expansion and continue to be paying customers........that is bad marketing for any business. I think considering it would be very easy to fix and make a server/campaign for each faction geared for IC quest to be solo'd, not the dungeons, the "streets" of IC it is a no brainer with no down side.
    The second issue to be addressed I just eluded to above is PvP. I have talked to many players that are like myself and don't really want or like PvP. This new expansion forces PvE players to deal/put up with PvP even if they don't want to, to a certain extent or if they wish to see all the content of IC. Turning off or ignoring a section of you customers is also a bad idea for any business. Again, this is also an easy fix. Have a server/campaign just for each faction. Again if balance of reward vs effort is an issue lessen the rewards earned in those campaigns(quest).
    I am really disappointed that these issues were not considered during the creation and path of the expansion, especially considering ESO already has the mechanics in place to address this with a minimum amount of work.
    On a some what related note I would like to know where the stone tablets are that all MMO devs go by that says "Players can only experience end game content in groups, thou shalt never break this rule nor shale thou balance rewards to keep soloing end game content possible and fair." If ESO would like to tell a story of how different they are and what they offer different from other MMO's...........there ya go, allow solo'ing end game content, just make that path take a lot longer and limit how often they can do each dungeon to keep it from being abused and balanced for those that put in the extra effort to group/face pvp:)
    All very simple, very sound marketing advise on keeping all your customer base feeling the love.................please consider or send me a message and give me a call if you want:) I am a big fan of ESO and really hope it doesn't go in a direction that copies WOW and limits its customer base and their choice's of play style.

Depending on how it was done and how punitive the solo "balancing" was, this would probably get me to re-sub if implemented.

The only real issue I have with IC and the reason I un-subbed, is gating the new crafting stuff behind PVP (although the ridiculous grind added to VR16 stuff didn't help either).

• Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LameoveR wrote: »
    mystercee wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It is somewhat disturbing despite the numerous (and vocal) complaints relating to latency & loading issues that this is not listed as a "Known Issue".

Is anyone looking into this? For many players this has made the game unplayable and it would be nice to know it is at least being looked at. An ETA on a fix would be even better.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Since there is no anwer on dis question, i'd like to ask the same :)

Hi, they have added this to known issues now. No fix, but at least they are finally looking at it.

[Working on a fix] There have been reports of long loading screens and/or poor FPS since the Imperial City update.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Targetting still questionable at best.
    • Overload will often activate and then deactivate in sequence, requiring a third activation to use. LA's then often don't fire or don't produce projectile animation. (This happened in DC VDSA)
    • Shooting Star still has no "Meteor" animation. Ground effects only.
    • Camera view switching to 1st person when near almost any object makes the game near unplayable in certain circumstances. (Near a wall, an outcropping, hanging foliage, under stairs...)
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    Marques wrote: »
    There is a known bug with all Senche mounts purchased in the Crown Store. The issue causes for all the purchased Senche mounts to appear blurry and with a skin texture of very low quality. This bug appears to only affect the Mac client and it was introduced with the new update for the Imperial City.

Related thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212899/senche-mounts-very-low-detail

This has been reported to support who concluded this is a bug that must be fixed by the development team. (Ticket number included in the mentioned thread)

Could the moderators please add this bug to the list of known issues in this thread? That way all of us affected could follow its development and if it will be fixed in the next patch.

Thank you.

This bug wasn't fixed with the patch despite this being reported for over a week and confirmed as a documented bug by the developers. Please pay attention to this as it's a bug that breaks Senche mounts purchased from the Crown Store.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Champion Points still not affecting Drinks.
    Same with the 5th Bonus of Willows Path!

Both bonuses are multiplicative with each other making me "lose" a lot of regen:
    I got 25% from the Champion tree, 15% from willows and drinks granting me 493 StamReg.
    493 * (1 - (1,25 * 1,15))
    = 493 * 0,5625
    = 277 Stamina Reg

I´m missing roughly 277 Stamina Reg thanks to this bug!

Since I also got 25% from Magicka Reg.. it´s a loss of 277 Magicka Reg as well.

It be awesome to at least hear that Willows is bugged as well (and getting a fix soon hopefully) and that this is NOT intended.
    About the champion passives I know that this currently listed as a bug, but there is nothing about Willows Path.
    Edited by Soulac on 9 September 2015 19:02
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -