The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Cross Faction PvE

UPrime
UPrime
✭✭✭✭
I don't get why we don't have Cross Faction PvE. At least for Dungeons, Trials, and especially in LFG feature.
Guilds are cross faction, bank is cross faction, the economy is cross faction. The only time the factions compete is when it comes to PvP.

So, why not have cross faction play in non open world?
  • Ommamar
    Ommamar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see that!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense to have cross-faction PVE after the completion of the main quest line.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the whole premise of the game is getting the three factions to work together...but I have to roll 3 versions of the same character if I want to be able to group with all my friends. The intent can't be to keep people from helping other factions, because I am free to move any items between any characters of any faction and distribute them at will.

It's an artificial wall meant to extend the life of the game. It doesn't fit the game's own story, and it doesn't fit the Elder Scrolls series.

The zone instances are already there. Just let us in, and let us group. Make it an account unlock tied to finishing the main story if you want.
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please don't come with ideas to do of the game a silly one.

This is a PVP game, has PVE also, but the main thing is: 3 factions, no comunication, war, pvp.

Don't destroy the mechanic of the game, go and play some other game.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have done this with mixed alliance groups a few times in Cyrodiil dungeons. You have to be careful with AOEs, but it's kinda fun.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »
    Yeah, the whole premise of the game is getting the three factions to work together...

Pardon?
    At what point in the game do the three factions work together?
    When they meet on Stirk in the main storyline, they actively refuse to work together under any circumstances, but agree not to interfere with the Mage's Guild or Fighter's Guild working as inter-faction organizations.
    After the story with Molag Bal, the war continues on.

Would like to see Eyevea made into a zone where all factions could congregate, chat, and duel for fun though.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    I sort of agree that dungeons, trails, and zones like crag probably shouldn't be alliance locked since their story isn't really about your alliance other than how you got there.

The big elephant in the room though is for such a system to work you would either need a global LFG channel or a working group finder tool.
    Edited by Anvos on 27 March 2015 15:50
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »

This is a PVP game, has PVE also, but the main thing is: 3 factions, no comunication, war, pvp.

PvP is 1 part of the game, not the only part. PvE cross play has 0 impact on PvP especially if it's limited to only to Dungeons/Trials and can't be done in the open world.
  • Cagro
    Cagro
    ✭✭✭
    I have done this with mixed alliance groups a few times in Cyrodiil dungeons. You have to be careful with AOEs, but it's kinda fun.
    This will be a lot of fun specially when I backstab the other alliance group members whenever I get the chance. :)
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPrime wrote: »
    I don't get why we don't have Cross Faction PvE. At least for Dungeons, Trials, and especially in LFG feature.
    Guilds are cross faction, bank is cross faction, the economy is cross faction. The only time the factions compete is when it comes to PvP.

So, why not have cross faction play in non open world?

I would LOVE to see that. IF they can fix the current lag issues that is. Adding thousands of people to the zones we are already lagging in will break the system as it is. Once they've gotten the lag issues worked out for PVE and PVP then they should look at this.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, my favourite thread topic.

Here's my standard list of everything I think should be cross-faction, and the lore reasons why it would be appropriate
    (going to have to start spoiler-tagging though, since new players might not know the background to these areas):
    • Coldharbour:
      All three alliance leaders have sanctioned the Guild invasion, so it would make sense for members of all alliances to be there.
    • Craglorn: Politically neutral with no fealty to any alliance.
      Also the Star-Gazers are searching for help against the Celestials in each Alliance Capital, so it would make sense for members of all alliances to respond.
    • Group Dungeons and Trials: All of these are organised by the Undaunted, who take members from all factions, so any Undaunted should be able to group with any other Undaunted to tackle it.
    • Eyevea and the Earth Forge:
      Members of the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild come from all alliances, and these are their safe zones, so people from all alliances will be there.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ah, my favourite thread topic.

Here's my standard list of everything I think should be cross-faction, and the lore reasons why it would be appropriate
    (going to have to start spoiler-tagging though, since new players might not know the background to these areas):
    • Coldharbour:
      All three alliance leaders have sanctioned the Guild invasion, so it would make sense for members of all alliances to be there.
    • Craglorn: Politically neutral with no fealty to any alliance.
      Also the Star-Gazers are searching for help against the Celestials in each Alliance Capital, so it would make sense for members of all alliances to respond.
    • Group Dungeons and Trials: All of these are organised by the Undaunted, who take members from all factions, so any Undaunted should be able to group with any other Undaunted to tackle it.
    • Eyevea and the Earth Forge:
      Members of the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild come from all alliances, and these are their safe zones, so people from all alliances will be there.

This is perfect. Especially Dungeons and Trials. The bigger the pool of people for those, the better.
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bahahahahaha! good one! I'd give you an LOL if they hadn't stole the button ;)

Even if they did make it so that it was after the main story line, would be better than it is now. My poor AD toon would have something to do other than hang out and craft as needed.
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an interesting statement... especially when we compare the number of zones allocated to PvP vs PvE.

Anyways, I understand it not being open world, but instanced dungeons/trials this would be fantastic! I meant, we're already going to the other races zones and saving them, why not let us defeat a dungeon together?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • asteldian
    asteldian
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry mate, that mechanic was destroyed the minute multifaction guilds were in game. Plenty of communication.
    Not that I necessarilly support the cross faction idea, but your reasoning is hard to get on board with.
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, except for:

Cross faction messages
    Cross faction guilds
    Cross faction auctions
    Cross faction mail

The huge focus on PvE over PvP also begs the question as to why you think this is a PvP game (with some PvE) as opposed to the opposite.
  • b_archaonpreeb18_ESO
    I agree completely.

I understand why Cad's silver and gold are seperate, but any activity not tied to factions should be joint: all group dungeons, all trials, Craglorn and Coldharbour. Also all non-pvp future dlcs. Wrothgar, Murkmire, clockwork and any daedric planes.

Maybe then the lfg tool would work more often :\
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree this should be looked into by the developers. At least as far as Dungeons, Trials, Coldharbor, and Craglorn stuff and any other zones they add that are "neutral" ground.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• Ballzy321
    Ballzy321
    ✭✭✭
    At least dungeon lfg should be cross faction.
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Totally agree. I always thought craglorn should be a mixed faction zone. Seems so weird to me that once we're all max level and completed the main story line that we still cannot interact with the other 2/3 of the player base other than to kill them. Just seems like a poor decision.

For one, Craglorn would be poppin if it was multi faction and people at max rank wouldn't feel isolated from one another. And for two, trials, dungeons, all of these things could be more easily completed because you'd have a larger pool of people to work with. It would be so much more collaborative.

I hope some dev sees, agrees with and implements this. Make our next zone multi faction!! Tired of not interacting with 66% of the population!
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy