The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf Horses

eNumbra
eNumbra
✭✭✭✭✭
Some of us remember a time when your Mount mattered. Different breeds of horse had different stats and your choice mattered, but since they were turned into collectibles, all mounts now share the "riding" stat pool.

So why then is this still a thing?

TlGkGzx.png

Can we bring the original power breeds down in price zenimax? I'd like to add at least one of them to my collection, but with what Rubedo/Rubedite/Ancestor silk go for I'll never drop 43k on horse.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I accidentally bought the midnight horse when I was trying to preview it, like the way it works in the the crown store. It some how managed to register my two clicks as a double click, even though they were far apart, and boom; 42k gone, with no "Are you sure?", or "Press E to Confirm". Luckily it was the one I was thinking of getting, but I wasn't quite ready for that.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I accidentally bought the midnight horse when I was trying to preview it, like the way it works in the the crown store. It some how managed to register my two clicks as a double click, even though they were far apart, and boom; 42k gone, with no "Are you sure?", or "Press E to Confirm". Luckily it was the one I was thinking of getting, but I wasn't quite ready for that.

Ouch. When I originally bought ESO I got the Imperial version - the "free" (see 1 gold) horse was a big part of that decision.
    It wasn't until I saw how much those other horses were that I realized I'd made the right decision.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the horse price down to 25k, add a Guar ranch where you can buy Guars for 45k+. Hell yeah
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say raise them all to 50k
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Can I still have my Guar ranch?
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, way too cheap imho.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

you can have your guar ranche, if i egt to ride on a pocket mammoth
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because ZOS was going to add different animals with different abilities. Horses have sprint, other mounts were going to be unique.

Then ZOS got lazy and decided it was easier to just sell Re-skins for $30 a pop and not have to do any coding.

Edit: I found the quote!!!! More broken promises.

uNMVGdn.png - ZOS 06.16.2014 SOURCE

Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on 19 December 2015 19:18
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

I shall raise your Pocket Mammoth with a Daedric Spider.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

I shall raise your Pocket Mammoth with a Daedric Spider.

You can have all that stuff as long as I get a rideable cart pulled by skeevers

rip decibel
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because ZOS was going to add different animals with different abilities. Horses have sprint, other mounts were going to be unique.

Then ZOS got lazy and decided it was easier to just sell Re-skins for $30 a pop and not have to do any coding.

I'm not sure lazy is strong enough here, since it doesn't require any coding past copy, paste, rename, change 1 variable.
    Draxys wrote: »

You can have all that stuff as long as I get a rideable cart pulled by skeevers

Swap the skeevers with Argonians and you've got a deal.
    Edited by eNumbra on 19 December 2015 18:55
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100k for a guar. 125k for a senche
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭

image.png?w=400&c=1

Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jura23 wrote: »

image.png?w=400&c=1

@Jura23
    @eNumbra

Check out the quote I just added to my last post. I think we are up to 3 bells of shame.
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

image.png?w=400&c=1

@Jura23
    @eNumbra

Check out the quote I just added to my last post. I think we are up to 3 bells of shame.
    Huh, interesting. My original point still stands, as all horses in this case are created equal.

Zenimax likes to waffle on issues more than a politician though.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop the horse price down to 25k, add a Guar ranch where you can buy Guars for 45k+. Hell yeah

Guar for gold? hell yes just give me a bland domestic guar I would love it!
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on 19 December 2015 20:08
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

image.png?w=400&c=1

@Jura23
    @eNumbra

Huh, interesting. My original point still stands, as all horses in this case are created equal.

Zenimax likes to waffle on issues more than a politician though.

You are right. They should equilize all horse prices since they are nothing but glorified skins now and dont come with riding upgrades.

But here's the thing. Those prices are probably hard coded into the game. Actually having to go into the code (oooh scary) and correcting this disparity will probably cause memory leaks for a month, 5FPS in cyrodiil and any horse you purchased before they changed the cost will now fly across the map if you double tap sprint while running over standing water. That bug will last for 3 months.

Now you see why they can't normalize the prices.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another nerf thread. If you want a mount, right now is the best time as crowns are on sale. I'd rather spend 3 dollars instead of 10,000 gold
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another day, another nerf thread. If you want a mount, right now is the best time as crowns are on sale. I'd rather spend 3 dollars instead of 10,000 gold

Found the ZOS marketing department.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Found the ZOS marketing department.

Haha nope although I would love any job for a gaming company. I'm just a realist. I'd rather spend a few RL dollars, but everyone is different
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to do that but you see those horses there?

Those horses there aren't available for crowns, cupcake. Make them available for crowns and I won't care about the gold price.

You are right. They should equilize all horse prices since they are nothing but glorified skins now and dont come with riding upgrades.

But here's the thing. Those prices are probably hard coded into the game. Actually having to go into the code (oooh scary) and correcting this disparity will probably cause memory leaks for a month, 5FPS in cyrodiil and any horse you purchased before they changed the cost will now fly across the map if you double tap sprint while running over standing water. That bug will last for 3 months.

I know you're being cheeky, but you're probably closer to the truth than anyone realizes.
    Edited by eNumbra on 19 December 2015 20:41
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eNumbra wrote: »

I'd love to do that but you see those horses there?

Those horses there aren't available for crowns, cupcake. Make them available for crowns and I won't care about the gold price.

I know you're being cheeky, but you're probably closer to the truth than anyone realizes.

I remember joking one day about a bug that makes DKs fly. Then there was a bug that made DKs fly. I don't know how to feel anymore.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing idea add to that bears cats and other types of creatures that can be used as mounts and we have ourselves an ilegal ranch where you have to domesticate your own mount!!!
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.