The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Suggestions] Expansions, DLCs, delves ideas, other

deleted008293
deleted008293
✭✭✭✭
EXPANSIONs: Any chance for some full scale expansion pack? Its one thing to explore a new zone that came with a DLC and solve different quests and a whole thing if this story will continue with other zones as well, eventually sending you back to areas you already explored for new clues for your puzzles.

DLCs: What do you guys thinking about a "Back in Time" dlc with Dwemmers? Playing as a dwemmer ofc, solving different puzzles and unanswered questions about dwemmers, etc.
Other most wanted zones I'd love to re-explore is Vvanderfell. And I bet there are so many who want to revisit that isle.
When can we hear more information about upcoming DLC's? When can we see some pictures (screens, concepts) or videos?

Delves features and more: Althrough some dungeons offer some challenge here and there, they are quite simple both in design and mechanics. Enter, follow "the" path, learn some basic tactics, clear it, get reward, game over.

- Challenge
Will there be some more complex and challenging dungeons in the future? I'm looking forward dungeons where people must split into smaller teams and even finish the dungeon like that. Will they all survive untill the end? Which team will survive? Which will fail? Who will get a better loot? It could be a solo delve as well that can be finished in several ways or... even fail it, and once death quest is over and you have a looong way to work to get another run.
In one of these particular delves, we are sent to find some burried treasures, and all of a sudden tunnels start colapsing as you go in and you must work your way to the treasure and to the safety before all the mine collapse upon you. Will you be able to find and claim all the treasures as you go and also manage to get them and you as well to safety in time? Which way will you go? What choices will you make? Who will sacrifice in order to be able to save the rest of the team? Yes, sacrifice! Leave some players behind in order to buy time for the other players. Will you split into smaller groups or go as one big group? Now add some random loots in each treasure, random adds and random events and you will have one huge challenge! Such delves should come in 4-12 or bigger group versions but similar in looking or gameplay.

- Discovery
What if you don't know where this particular dungeon is? What if we don't know at all about the existence of this dungeon? What if in order to get access to it you need to work your way through a series of quests, puzzles and why not some luck in order to find all the clues, items, keys, shards and map fragments that will finally tell you if there is any dungeon out there or where is this dungeon, how you can enter it or pass all the hidden puzzles this temple own and how can you survive through it. Clues should be scattered through ALL zones. Not all maps should send you to the real dungeon! Some of the keys should be destroyed after the first use thus forcing you to start another series of missions in order to get access to that area again for better rewards. Upon death your session should end too thus making you to rework the whole way till you get another key. This idea could work for zones too. What can be better than following some quests that will transport you to some hidden worlds out there? This reminds me of Blackreach. Speaking about... what about some giant dungeon that can be accessed in different ways? I'm thinking about this idea as an ultimate end game concept.

- Puzzles
Will there be more puzzles? What about a lot more hidden mechanics? Ever thinked about a mechanic in whitch we have to turn a boss against its adds, so once the adds are killed you can take care of the boss? Or perhaps using its adds to lure the boss into that particular trap and have him killed then take care of the adds? What if we can give the doctor from his own medicine? What if we can make a much better use of the environment?

- Traps
Traps. This game lack traps. I want to see more fixed and random traps that affect players in different ways. Rockfalls, avalanches, sandstorms, ash storms, moving sands, chilling, burning, etc... I want to re live that feeling from the mountain south of Riften.
Imagine you are wandering through Alik'R Desert and all of a sudden a sandstorm come and leaves you disoriented for few good seconds, while some adds came and have a feast at you. Good idea eh?
Rune shards. Node shards / rare stuff. It might increase the node harvesting if in one node we can have a small chance to get a shard of a very powerful rune, or other very rare things.
Edited by deleted008293 on 2 December 2015 18:44
  • Skiserony
    Skiserony
    ✭✭✭
    nordmarian wrote: »
    Other:
    Traps. This game lack traps. I want to see more fixed and random traps that affect players in different ways. Rockfalls, avalanches, sandstorms, ash storms, moving sands, chilling, burning, etc... I want to re live that feeling from the mountain south of Riften.
    Rune shards. Node shards / rare stuff. It might increase the node harvesting if in one node we can have a small chance to get a shard of a very powerful rune, or other very rare things.

I like this. The other two ideas sound a bit far too off for the near future for this game I think.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    added some more to 1st post
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    No one wanna comment around these ideas?
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think after Housing they should focus on Classes and Weapon Skill Trees. We have solid endgame now, especially after Housing, of course it depends on how Zen do it. Classes and Weapon Skill Trees what draw people to the game. Also I think they should integrate sub-class system in gears, tons of people love sub-classes. Leaderboards should be turned into Bragging Right thing and also we need working group-finder, like my suggested Request System, Request System should make sure, how much content theres and how little players, everything gets done. Maybe new currency called Vet Points, basically Points what you get by doing vet-content, so that should make sure people do those too. Thats what I think of 2016 for ESO.

As for PVP. I'd add new castles and keeps to each alliance, 4 upgrade per Castles and Keep to bring variety, I'd add more siege weapons like Siege-Tower, Mammoth Gate Destroyer, Ladders. I'd add Mercenary system to fix Campaign Population, basically if player needs Gold he can become Mercenary and are sent to low pop alliance. I'd improve the landscape of Cyrodil. Probably remove all PVE content from it, maybe it helps with lag. Also I'd consider turning Cyrodil into stand-alone F2P, to boost sales and population.
    Edited by Sausage on 18 December 2015 07:33
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm happy with the DLC system. I believe it allows devellopers to focus better on content and can offer a better conceptualised, more polished content. Orsinium was the best content produced by zenimax imho, I hope they will continue in that direction.
    So on that regard, I'm not hoping for a expansion.

Regarding your ideas of Dungeons and Delves, it feel like you are describing Craglorn. The adventure zone was supposed to feel that way, and in many regard, it did its job.
    I'm confident that we will see more and more that sort of content in future.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting the Dwemer now if they wanted to they could have a thing where you go back in time for some mage to warn many of the dwemer of the doom of there speices and then those dwemer can propare for it! That way we have them in the future as playable maybe even save the snowelves! With a back in time dlc
    I know they will not really do that but maybe if they really wanted to they could, but that would be messing up with the future, since this game is in the past.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on 31 December 2015 09:06
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn delves wasn't by far that good. Except Hel Ra perhaps. I was hoping to see way more split team based delves and small team delves. Perhaps even 2 man delves. Also most of the delves in ESO are linear or very close to it. And mixed with many other ideas posted in 1st post.
    Orsinium was indeed great. I wasn't saying lets quit DLC but have them both. While working on them DLCs maybe they could fit from time to time a full scale expansion as well. DLCs are optional. Expansions not. Also a good marketing solution.

About going back in time... even in main game we went through time quite a lot of times so i really don't see why its not possible. But what we really want is to not play the content as we are "dreaming" like in most if not all quests we encountered so far, but to be able to play it like in present. Wouldn't be fun to have our screens foggy and milky for as long as a DLC takes.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EXPANSIONS: I love the idea of "Boxed Expansions" as well as DLCs... I doubt we will ever see such a thing though. Here is my thread regarding the matter: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/149340/hopefully-someday-we-will-travel-all-of-nirn/p1

DLCs: I'd prefer to keep the past in the past. We don't need to see the Dwemer. If we do see them I would like to go to the battle of red mountain and be the one to destroy the Numidium. That might be cool and wouldn't "add" to the Dwemer lore, just explore what we already know.

Delves features and more: I agree and wish ZOS would create a system that creates random dungeons. Concept here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/228252/random-oblivion-oubliette-concept/p1

Challenge, Discovery, Puzzles, Traps: Yes, yes, yes, yes! Personally I hate that all the maps are always visible. I want to there to be a feeling of wonder and mystery in ESO and there is not. I have a concept that would see the maps be discoverable and fillable. This would add cartographer quests where you're sent out to complete a map. (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/154057/eso-advanced-mapping-concept/p1) This would work well with your thoughts about a more complex clue system.

The one-use key system seems a bit.. harsh... I'm sure players would whine about that.

Great ideas @nordmarian Hopefully the future of ESO will some of these sorts of features.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing the Dwemer and discovering their fate would be a great idea.
    I would also like to see more of the Maormer, possibly giving us a chance to look at Summerset Isles and even maybe Ship Battles!!! :)

I'd also love it if they brought actual night-time to the game, so at night the game really is in darkness, how cool would that be in Cyrodiil! Imagine sieging a keep in total darkness, with only magelight and fire ballistas to illuminate the way.
    And who knows what lurks in the darkness, maybe a band of hungry NPC vampires decide to decimate your siege group ;)

The idea you had about random 'traps' world events is great.
    Alikir should have devastating sand-storms, Rivenspire should be subject to flash-floods once in a while - possibly also even 'spawning' a super-sized enemy in the process.
    The monsters in the game, are in general very easy - so why not throw in some OTT foes that randomly appear in locations, kinda like the random Daedra that spawn, only not completely pointless and actually difficult.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer DLC/EP with Dwemer Aircrafts
    *Maybe this thread could give you an idea for TES6 as well.
    Imagine a big zone with a HUGE dwemer city, very tall, with lots of levels, with a shipyard somewhere high in the sky and lot of airships traveling around. And imagine a harsh world with big mountains, rivers, lakes, canyons and quite a lot of unpassable terrain. Would you travel on foot or will you work hard to be able to use one of the dwemer airships?
    Dwemer Airships should work in a similar way Slit Striders worked in Morrowind. Get access. Travel from Point A to point B, C... etc till your final destination. Watch the surroundings. Or skip the travel.
    Similar with Orsinium DLC, in this DLC we should travel in the past and help dwemers build a new city somewhere across some unpassable mountain.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to take a pass on these,.nothing in your suggestions excites me. Sorry, but there is nothing there that would add to my enjoyment of the game.
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain why I should pay Crowns for a couple of cr*ppy Dungeons which I probably will be unable to complete anyway?

ZOS are ripping us off with this, I thought that ESO+ is sopposed to give us these us to get these for no charge?
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is old and the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information will be as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.