Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Imperial City Special: Live Q&A"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Imperial City Special: Live Q&A."

Join us at 4PM EDT tomorrow on Twitch for a special Q&A event with members of our development team! They'll be in-studio answering your questions live!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Grimnaur
    Grimnaur
    ✭✭✭
    Will there be giveaways?
    “Laugh whenever you can. Keeps you from killing yourself when things are bad. That and vodka.” - J.B.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, no ESO Live?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • InsidiousMagnus
    Here is a question, ever since the PTS has launched for the Imperial City there has been lots of issues. The big one is unexacting crashing in the city. Are you guys planning on fixing this soon or are we just going to have live with it?
  • Sord
    Sord
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't the Night Blade Cloak (and morphs) get a penalty for casting/using consistently or multiple times in a row like streak, dodge roll, block, etc? Are you planning on adding a penalty to Cloak to balance this power to be more inline with the rest?
    Edited by Sord on 30 July 2015 22:50
    www.fateslegacy.com Share your build or find a build here at Fate's Legacy!
    -This is your life and its ending one moment at a time-
  • damodar
    damodar
    Any news of ranked PVP arena matches?
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    why let dungeons scale to vr16 but not trials?
  • Kebo
    Kebo
    ✭✭✭
    There has been a lot of talk lately about Detection Potions and how they shouldn't go through Shadow Cloak (Nightblade Ability), just as it doesn't go through Clouding Swarm. Is it intended to go through cloak or not? If not, when are they fixing this? If it is intended, are there any plans on reducing the time of the detection radius? 40 seconds seems a little bit too much.
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off I really enjoy non VET PvP and only get sad when my character out levels it. However I have sine major concerns with the new expansion.

1) The game advertises play the way you want. However with Tel Var stones being added you are forcing people to go PvP to get the end of game loot. Doesn't this mean that its no longer play the way you want and more play the way we say?
    2) We all know some races have really bad Racials. Having seen the changes suggested Argonian Racials are still naff, by forcing people into PvP wont this mean that people have to take the race which maxes out their power rather than the one they want to play?
    3) I know that there are changes to level bolster however I suspect that it wont make much difference the VET PvP is still dominated by a small group of players who are almost unstoppable and I suspect this is going to only get much much worse inside the imperial city with constant gang squads. What plans do you have to make sure everyone enjoys the new content? Especially to new players and people who don't enjoy PvP, or who are on an out numbered faction?
    4) Every MMO I know of that has allowed player looting has attracted a very small group of hard core gamers with the majority of the player bases quitting as soon as they lose their gear. What contingency plans do you have in place if you find allowing Tel Var stones to be looted causes people to quit PvP/Game.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_JasonLeavey

Soo... this happened. Nothing been posted in summary. Since I had to be away at an appointment, anything interesting. No one in the forums even seems to be talking about this.

Nm.. found the recorded version.. listening to it now.

http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/9217912

Thanks..
    Edited by Darlgon on 1 August 2015 16:42
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. feedback on the ESO Live Special Edition 23 as it comes up:

@ZoS_EricWrobel .. you know... you say your goal is to give werewolves parity with vamps, which is why you took away the Sta regen while not transformed. You DO KNOW THAT VAMPS GET THEIR Magica REGEN always? They never un-transform, so they dont not have their vamp abilities? Were on the other hand, ONLY get thier buffs and skills for a LIMITED TIME, while thier ULTIMATE is active. No parity there whatsoever.

Wow.. seriously? Did Eric just say "tanks just sit, hold right-click and hit taunt once in a while" on live now? Any tank who did that would be useless for maintaining aggro, especially with the taunt immunity thing that you guys fixed with this release.Tanks: Self-heal, put up damage shields, put up buffs to reduce incoming damage, taunt adds, CC adds, occasionally even DPS.

About the portal stones.. Eric didnt tell any secrets. They were on the TV vendor since I went on the PTS. (oh, that was clarified later, they will be the only thing AP will be good for, unless you run out of coin and soulgems. Riight.. at 10K. Hate to tell you guys, but.. I rarely get 10K per hour unless I am healing my 24-man raid.)

On the Racial changes.. Sigh.. the stuff for Nords and other races. good.. but.. Argonians still tied to pots.. Groan.

Also, how badly did I miss-spell Erics name that the Autoprompter wont pull him up?

Edited by Darlgon on 1 August 2015 18:21
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.