The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"cadwell's Platinum"... i wouldnt put this past ZOS

Hypertionb14_ESO
Hypertionb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
dont pretend like ZOS wouldn't do this..

Add another "cadwell's" after the gold and silver where you just go through your original alliance zones at vet levels..

honestly, i wouldn't put it past ZOS to not only put this in the game, but make it a "major content update" >.>

of course, im sure they can do worse than this... and probably will have a major miss as such eventually....

i just hoping its later rather than sooner...
I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are 100+ elements in the periodic table......
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt it. The Quakecon video showed a lot of what they're planning for content. I think you're being pessimistic for for the sake of doing so.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt it. The Quakecon video showed a lot of what they're planning for content. I think you're being pessimistic for for the sake of doing so.

Pretty much this.

If you don't have anything better to complain about than inane predictions of certain doom, why not just play the game and enjoy it?
    ----
    Murray?
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, one of my wishes would be to repeat AD at vet level with no character story/guild quests to get in the way.

So one of us would be all for it :p
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS haven't pulled anything like this so far, I see no reason to believe they'll do something like this in the future
    I think you're being pessimistic for for the sake of doing so.
    ^
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    One wish I'd have would be to redo Coldharbour on my main again, since some of the quests were ruined for me by groupers. That and since I know all the characters there after doing all the Alliances.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.

If you don't have anything better to complain about than inane predictions of certain doom, why not just play the game and enjoy it?
    This kind of thread is actually a good sign :smiley:
    Everytime the doomsayers and complainers have nothing to talk about, they are forced to make up stuff like this.

Like that one thread that complained about there not being a maintenance.
    It shows thier desperation if all they can do say is "In my paranoid fewer dreams I can come up with this possibility of DOOM".
    It means they have nothing even remotely legitimate like back in the beginning of the game.
    "The bots/goldsellers/vet content/balance will doom the game". Those were the glory days of doom saying in ESO.
    Edited by zgrssd on 9 August 2014 13:23
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • ssfiit
    ssfiit
    ✭✭✭
    To OP's idea. I dont think its a bad idea. I will do all quests, as long as it exists. One more thing is that the Main quest and the 2 guild quests, it's gonna be a *** to solo them.
    ssfiit | VR14 | High Elf Vampire Pyro-Sorceress | Aldmeri Dominion | NA Server
  • Sabin1269
    Sabin1269
    ✭✭✭
    I would hope not. It's bad enough I have to grind the other factions quests when I've done most of them on my 2 alts. I really hope they add some more solo Vet content because I hate PvP and being forced to group for any of the quest there. Some people do enjoy playing alone, I'll group if absolutely necessary but that's it.
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »

Pretty much this.

Everytime the doomsayers and complainers have nothing to talk about, they are forced to make up stuff like this.

It shows thier desperation if all they can do say is "In my paranoid fewer dreams I can come up with this possibility of DOOM".
    It means they have nothing even remotely legitimate like back in the beginning of the game.
    "The bots/goldsellers/vet content/balance will doom the game". Those were the glory days of doom saying in ESO.

There's plenty to complain about. this guy is just too lazy to go find the stuff. I could list at least 50 major things off the top of my head, that are still an issue since beta. Not to mention the whole guild restriction fiasco that alienates small groups of families and friends from ever having a real functioning guild. Not to mention all the exclusivity being added to a game which is subscription based and advertised as all content being available with the sub, yet tons of *** isn't unless you meet certain requirements which rely on other players and have nothing to do with you as an individual paying customer.

So yea there is plenty of Valid stuff to complain about. ZOS has made a ton of Horrible Business Decisions which cost them a *** load of subs every month.
    Edited by Malpherian on 9 August 2014 14:05
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt they would do a Cadwell's platinum, the forums would crash under all the complaints.

Besides there is no reason, in Cadwells silver and gold you are supposed to be in parallel universes, where you helped different sides.

They would have to add differences for people to say "look this proves it's a different world after all", which would be more work, and bugs galore.

It would probably be far far easier for them just to add another area for us to explore, like akavir perhaps (Hint hint to any Mods/Devs reading).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malpherian wrote: »
    zgrssd wrote: »

Pretty much this.

There's plenty to complain about. this guy is just too lazy to go find the stuff. I could list at least 50 major things off the top of my head, that are still an issue since beta. Not to mention the whole guild restriction fiasco that alienates small groups of families and friends from ever having a real functioning guild. Not to mention all the exclusivity being added to a game which is subscription based and advertised as all content being available with the sub, yet tons of *** isn't unless you meet certain requirements which rely on other players and have nothing to do with you as an individual paying customer.

So yea there is plenty of Valid stuff to complain about. ZOS has made a ton of Horrible Business Decisions which cost them a *** load of subs every month.

I wasn't aware that you had access to ZO's subscription numbers.

Then again, you've already posed as a professional developer, programmer, WoW-private-server-runner, millionaire, and a whole ton of other things. So why not pose as someone with insider information while you're at it?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's not kid ourselves. veteran ranks were something they plopped in the game to extend its life because it had NIL end game (still doesn't have much)

I think they are getting into there stride now and adding things for people to do so they won't have to do that.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason why Caldwell's Silver and Gold was added was because before they were added you could not go into the other 2 faction territories with the same character. People complained about being forced to make alts to experience that content. A lot of players expressed the desire to do it all with only one character. So ZOS created Veteran leveling and questing in the other two factions.

If you participated in beta, you would already know this.
    Edited by Tabbycat on 9 August 2014 15:25
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Malpherian
    Malpherian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware that you had access to ZO's subscription numbers.

Then again, you've already posed as a professional developer, programmer, WoW-private-server-runner, millionaire, and a whole ton of other things. So why not pose as someone with insider information while you're at it?

1.) It's not hard to go through Redit, these forums, and other sources to see who's and how many are posting I quite threads each month, then multiply that by a reasonable variable to account for the people that quit who do not post about it.

It's called Deductive reasoning, you should try it.

Are my numbers 100% accurate, no of course not but I bet their damn close.

2.) About me.. since you brought it up.

* I Used to own a wow server, havn't since 2007.. I think was the last year it was active.

* I have worked, and do work, on several games as a developing consultant yes.

* I have a degree in Internet security Network Forensics (By the way I hate coding and programming), but as far as game programming I would only classify myself as an amateur.

* I don't remember ever stating I was a millionaire, I'm not. Though I've probably made several million over the course of my life. I am actually classified as middle class currently.

Why do you care?
    Edited by Malpherian on 9 August 2014 15:01
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that would be in the near future, however even if it were, I'd like to go through my (main) alliance zones in VR content when I am in the mood to do something else.

Of course, like most ESO gamers, I am much very much looking forward to their up and coming content ---- all of it that I've seen/heard/read of so far. Dat Justice System XD
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »
    Actually, one of my wishes would be to repeat AD at vet level with no character story/guild quests to get in the way.

On my fourth serious try, and yeah, those guild and main quests are getting to be a bug.
    I don't think that would be in the near future, however even if it were, I'd like to go through my (main) alliance zones in VR content when I am in the mood to do something else.

Of course, like most ESO gamers, I am much very much looking forward to their up and coming content ---- all of it that I've seen/heard/read of so far. Dat Justice System XD

If they hadn't bothered to include PvP, there'd be no need for jury-rigged alliances of people who hate each other for various historical reasons. We might have then been able to start at point A and reach point Z at level cap. But then, that would generate complaints, too.
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on 9 August 2014 15:36
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »

I think there's a kernel of truth here. There is a certain "freedom from story" in the veteran ranks, plus the ability to roam the zone at will without "out leveling" everything, that is a plus. Ultimately, level chasing is a drag.

Having said that, I'd much rather see new quests, and new stories (like those hinted at in the closing lines said by Meridia) rather than the same material.
    Edited by Srugzal on 9 August 2014 18:45
  • Fleymark
    Fleymark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I think they will do it? Highly doubtful.

Would I like for them to do it? Yes.

If we have to deal with new vet ranks I think it would be entirely appropriate to play through one's chosen realm at vet difficulty and with a full skill set.

Almost to gold with my main and I miss my home realm already.
  • kimboh
    kimboh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the sarcasm, but I'd actually like to do this. I'm VR 12 I've built an awesome character but I've got nothing left to do.
    It would be fun to rerun my faction at full power with some really tough mobs.
    Maybe not mandatory like silver and gold, but the option would be nice.
    <l Cygnus X|VR14|Sorc l>
    <| Romulus Prime|VR12|Temp |>
    <| Qwoptus |lvl30|DK|>
    <| DC|EU |>
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If they did another veteran remake of a zone, I'd prefer it be Coldharbour.

Out of all the questing zones (not including adventure zones), that one is my favorite.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You talk like that is a bad thing , i have gold already , i would enjoy redoing my factions quests again for the platinum actually.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next couple of updates, will probably be craglorn 2.0, imperial city and champion levels.

not cadwell SCAM
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to do vet versions of the updated delves (when they are released) in my own faction.
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    I they hadn't nerfed vet alliances into easy mode I would say there might be something to it being an optional challenge after gold, but with vet alliances now rather easy and no skill points, skyshards, or new achieves behind it, it would be pointless.

Plus as we saw ZOS has plans for new zones like Orsinium and somewhere in Argonia once their done with Craglorn.
    Edited by Anvos on 9 August 2014 23:35
  • smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    smeeprocketnub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laura wrote: »
    Let's not kid ourselves. veteran ranks were something they plopped in the game to extend its life because it had NIL end game (still doesn't have much)

I think they are getting into there stride now and adding things for people to do so they won't have to do that.

endgame has always been pvp.
    Dear Sister, I do not spread rumors, I create them.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know there's two new zones and imperial city on the way . . . Right?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its funny, but i completely forgot about this topic 2 minutes after i made it... being made completely on a strange whim that is best explained by the fact i was surprised this was not already in the game.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Kvasir Silverpaw
    Kvasir Silverpaw
    ✭✭✭
    dont pretend like ZOS wouldn't do this..

Add another "cadwell's" after the gold and silver where you just go through your original alliance zones at vet levels..

honestly, i wouldn't put it past ZOS to not only put this in the game, but make it a "major content update" >.>

of course, im sure they can do worse than this... and probably will have a major miss as such eventually....

i just hoping its later rather than sooner...

yup...where do you think you are getting v15 from ?? :)

• Tyr
    Tyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sabin1269 wrote: »
    I would hope not. It's bad enough I have to grind the other factions quests when I've done most of them on my 2 alts. I really hope they add some more solo Vet content because I hate PvP and being forced to group for any of the quest there. Some people do enjoy playing alone, I'll group if absolutely necessary but that's it.

Wrothgar will be solo zone, but it won't be "Veteran" content because the Veteran system will be scraped by then.