The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Craglorn Launch Date Announcement"

• Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just a small request, please change the EU Megaserver patch time to Friday 4am CEST in the forum notification in english as it is written in french and german.
    Edited by Blackwolfe5 on May 21, 2014 8:57PM
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is Thursday.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    XanadoX wrote: »
    I thank ZOS for waiting for clagorn to be bug free before launching it!

That's a bit optimistic.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Rage_Frost
    Rage_Frost
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is Thursday.

That's funny Cause I see that also Friday but then patch tomorrow seems they are working so hard they lost track of the days

• Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is Thursday.

Europeans playing on the EU megaserver don't get the patch until friday 4am CEST.

• Thalmar
    Thalmar
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this patch will not attract or favor the elitist crowd, like best loot, best recipes, some other vanity items that casual players never able to see if they don't attend to PvE group content. I am looking forward to see if bot situation is being taken serious by ZOS in this patch and some additions to useless fishing such as connect it to provisioning, alchemy. I am happy for many people who waits for end-game but this patch worries me for the sake of RP side of the game. Better to wait and see.
  • marioncobretti
    I will try to fish something useful out of the water.
  • Morkulth
    Morkulth
    ✭✭✭
    OMG CRAGLORN ZOMG IM GRABBING ALL MY MONSTER AND CLIFF BARS TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT!
    World First Emperor
    Masterclass Theatre
    Psijic Tester
    Entropy Rising
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    More than anything - I want to know - how BIG is overall patch? Want to know if it's worth while taking my laptop (backup system) to the library a half-hour away to download the patch - then copy/patch to primary system or stay at home and do it? Was hoping this would have come out at the beginning of the week instead of just before the weekend just for this very reason - could take me a day or more to download at home if more than 500mb or so.
    -
    And please ZOS - change the launcher so it gives a "Total Patch Size" and not just the individual files - really hate getting 3-4 files in and WHAM - 300mb (or more) file.

Below are the approximate patch sizes for each language -
    • English: 5.43GB
    • German: 6.51GB
    • French: 6.22GB
    Hope that helps!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just a small request, please change the EU Megaserver patch time to Friday 4am CEST in the forum notification in english as it is written in french and german.

Done. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I might try out a new nightblade to see how everything works from scratch...will also keep playing my current one.
  • Ruddertail
    Ruddertail
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also hoping crafted equipment is still on par with the top end loot. It seems like it will be, but only time will tell.

I mean come on, 30 RL days on researching 8 traits, that's dedication.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruddertail wrote: »
    I'm also hoping crafted equipment is still on par with the top end loot. It seems like it will be, but only time will tell.

I mean come on, 30 RL days on researching 8 traits, that's dedication.

And that is just for the 8th trait.... researching 1-8 on one item takes much longer even with 20% reduced time. I really hope they've done something about the usefulness of a lot of crafted 5 set bonuses too. 8 trait sets are just a laugh. Being unable to get jewelry parts of those crafted sets is bummer as well.

Other than that, finally 1.1(.2).
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on May 21, 2014 10:48PM
  • xramirez535b14_ESO
    I hope they manage to slip in a fix to the phasing in quests in this one! xD
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than anything - I want to know - how BIG is overall patch? Want to know if it's worth while taking my laptop (backup system) to the library a half-hour away to download the patch - then copy/patch to primary system or stay at home and do it? Was hoping this would have come out at the beginning of the week instead of just before the weekend just for this very reason - could take me a day or more to download at home if more than 500mb or so.
    -
    And please ZOS - change the launcher so it gives a "Total Patch Size" and not just the individual files - really hate getting 3-4 files in and WHAM - 300mb (or more) file.

Below are the approximate patch sizes for each language -
    • English: 5.43GB
    • German: 6.51GB
    • French: 6.22GB
    Hope that helps!

It's all the gender-specific nouns isn't it.
    That's why the German patch is so much bigger.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be looking to see in general how 'well-rounded' the update is. I.e. Have improvements/bug-fixes been made to almost all aspects of the game, so no play-style is left out. In particular I'll be keeping a keen eye on character skills fixes/changes, because those are probably the single most important things: No matter what/where your character is, character skills are always part of the game-play experience.

It's the first update from Zenimax, so it will be very interesting to see, and will somewhat set a precedent for them in relation to future ones. Fingers crossed!
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Snowstrider
    Snowstrider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part about this update are the bug fixes and changes,Impressive list. Still not convinced that this game really is worthy its subfee. At least not at its current atate.

I guess ill just have to see what happens in the coming months :) This is a step in the right direction
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    all I care about is the update. I could care less about craglorn, craglorn could be a huge colossal failure and I would not care:/ I hope this update fixes some problems, if it does I will be happy. ill save craglorn for later, when im done with both PvE and PvP
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Woo does this mean exclusive full screen and SLI? I'm more excited about general fixes and improvements than the content its self. Every patch this game is edging closer and closer to epic!
    I can has typing!
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    Most important bugs I expect to be fixed are:

- Weapon animation stuck in many situations
    - Primary attack button and all hotbar buttons disabled after using Flurry in many occasions, having to minimize and maximize the game to make it work again, always happens mid-combat, which is annoying
    - Lag
    - Again lag
    - Quest bugs
    - More quest bugs
    - Sound bugs
    - Some very ret4rded animations, such as sprinting or walking (not wielding weapons)
    - Losing vampire passive abilities upon death, having to relog to have them again
    - Fix werewolves
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh things im going to do... I suppose I will go out and get killed by something and not lose my passives for a change! or still lose them if they didn't get fixed right...

I'll also be logged out next to the skillpoint respec shrine. Held off on respecing since there are some things they are refunding automatically, so I save on respec fees! Hope to see many fixed skills or reworded tooltips so that they do what they are supposed to or say what they really do.
    Woo does this mean exclusive full screen and SLI? I'm more excited about general fixes and improvements than the content its self. Every patch this game is edging closer and closer to epic!

Unless you already considered it epic.
  • dpgirl
    dpgirl
    ✭✭
    Ryskim wrote: »
    - Fix werewolves
    ouch!!!! :p

seriously though, they'll probably just nerf Werewolves so less people will want it, and make it even more useless, but more rare.

And they can add the ultra-rare infection that turns you into a teletubby and you cannot stop or cure it and it gives your the power to make your opponents laugh while they kill you faster.
  • Rhime
    Rhime
    ✭✭
    Marovec wrote: »
    Squishy wrote: »
    Since it is coming tomorrow, any chance to get the actual patch note posted today? :)

I would also love to get the total DETAILED official patch notes. :)

We'll be posting them tomorrow morning (Friday) during the North American maintenance. You'll have some (very long) patch notes to read during the down-time. ;)

Sorry, isn't the NA downtime tomorrow(Thursday-5am PST) as posted at the top of the forums?
  • Garwulf
    Garwulf
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow is Thursday.

Been Thursday for12 hours where I live. ;)
  • Quel_Drathon
    Hone your blades gentlemen, we gonna kick Yokudan little tussies.
    "But let us spare the lives of a few, so that they may return to their homelands to tell their fellows the fate they met at the hands of the Daggerfall Covenant!"
  • Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx for the previous answer :)

I have another question, if I leave my launcher open and the pc running while I'm at work, will it patch on its own? :)

I have a really slow internet connection, and about 6gigs will take about half a day or so do DL, so If I could get that running while I'm at work, I'll be quite a happy argonian :)
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Attronach
    Attronach
    ✭✭
    Do you REALLY think they have time / manpower to fixing game if they need put more bugs into game with Alpha version of Crapholon?

patch scenario:
    -friday server is going down
    -friday afternoon "sorry we have unedintified problem with deploying patch"
    -friday 11:00pm server is up
    -meantime server horrible lag, disconnection (possible) bank slots lost
    -saturday 3:00am "sorry we need put server down for emergency patch"
    -game is down for atleast half of Saturday
    -server is comming back, Crapholon temporary disabled, a lot of characters can't login back because locked in new areas..

• Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Attronach wrote: »
    Do you REALLY think they have time / manpower to fixing game if they need put more bugs into game with Alpha version of Crag?

patch scenario:
    -Friday server is going down
    -Friday afternoon "sorry we have unidentified problem with deploying patch"
    -Friday 11:00pm server is up
    -meantime server horrible lag, disconnection (possible) bank slots lost
    -Saturday 3:00am "sorry we need put server down for emergency patch"
    -game is down for at least half of Saturday
    -server is coming back, Crag temporary disabled, a lot of characters can't login back because locked in new areas..

Although this is nearly a flaming Attronach, it has some valid points on possible disaster options with the patch release.

Thankfully, NA is first, so hopefully, it'll either be cancelled or working fine for EU with as little issues as possible :D

Also edited the quote to correct some mistakes and terms that might get moderated ^-^
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • Attronach
    Attronach
    ✭✭
    Squishy wrote: »
    Although this is nearly a flaming Attronach, it has some valid points on possible disaster options with the patch release.
    Maybe looks like flaming but it isn't.
    I'm really angry with how they handle bugs in game.
    There ale plenty almost game breaking things (starting with EU server in US month and half after release!!!) but no sign ANY light at end of tunnel.

I really like this game, but as Templar im in 75% playing time death because of lag/animation stuck, ability not casting etc etc..

So How I can be happy with new content (and I can bet with you there will be A LOT of new bugs) if I can't play curent game without problems?

Sometime I think Zeni need this game to be down (they got major money from selling game not from monthly fee)...
    Edited by Attronach on May 22, 2014 6:07AM
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps with all the nerfs we can get new names for weapons like... the staff of worthlessness and the greatsword of wet noodle maybe rename the few good spells we had that got nerfed to... talons of junk or the don't even bother skill.