The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to change my name, please

orangeman57ub17_ESO
I have a sorc named Joshua the spelled arrow. I liked the name at the time because I used the bow mostly. Now I use sword and shield, dual blade, 2 handed, and bow. I want to change my characters name to fit more of my varied play style and wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks at it.
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭
    You must be joking... games nowadays are the way they are because of ppl like you... i won't say more cuz you would not understand.
    Hota'h, Dual-wield/bow full medium armor NB Khajiit from day 1.

https://imageshack.com/i/p2rF313Qj/b]
  • orangeman57ub17_ESO
    AreoHotah wrote: »
    You must be joking... games nowadays are the way they are because of ppl like you... i won't say more cuz you would not understand.

Humor me
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What. The. Crap????

To the OP's point: I agree--hopefully they'll come up with an option--probably costing real money--to do it in the future like many games do.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 5, 2014 6:53PM
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a sorc named Joshua the spelled arrow. I liked the name at the time because I used the bow mostly. Now I use sword and shield, dual blade, 2 handed, and bow. I want to change my characters name to fit more of my varied play style and wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks at it.

Um, CS forum.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • orangeman57ub17_ESO
    I think it's something that's not necessary to better yourself at the game and wouldn't hurt. It's not a pay gate, just a simple feature that costs a few dollars.

I'm sure the elitist guy has more to say against it, but I'm not afraid of him. I'm just surprised it took more than a few minutes to get a comment like that.
  • meghuskoow
    You shoukd open up a help ticket in game, they will contact you by email. I had great quick service, it wasnt the same problem but still the service was great!
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭

What. The. Crap????

To the OP's point: I agree--hopefully they'll come up with an option--probably costing real money--to do it in the future like many games do.

Ppl like OP that are just begging the devs to take their money is why 90% of the game nowadays are money leeching only and 1% passion.

''wouldn't mind throwing a few bucks at it''

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 5, 2014 6:53PM

• Jexie
    Jexie
    ✭✭
    This isn't possible currently, but on a Reddit post ZOS have said it's on the way: Reddit Post :) It will most likely be a service purchasable from your account, but we'll see!
    Edited by Jexie on June 5, 2014 11:07PM
    Guild Leader of The Knights Who Say NiRn - a UK players community. www.knightswhosaynirn.co.uk
    - "When you have found the shrubbery, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest... Wiiiiiithh.... A HERRING!"
    Twitchverse |Twitterverse
    My ESO Forum Guide
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO

What. The. Crap????

I'd say games are the way they are because of people like you--trollish and rude and mindlessly enraged.

Ppl like OP that are just begging the devs to take their money is why 90% of the game nowadays are money leeching only and 1% passion.

Oh, I get it..your mom won't foot the bill for something as trivial as a name change, so NO-ONE should have one via their checkbook.
    Thanks for clearing that up. @areohotah
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 5, 2014 6:49PM
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think eso has enough problems at the moment to fix all the broken things, than thinking of something that cosmetic. But I am sure they will bring in something in the future when they have a bit of air to allow you to change your name.
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • AreoHotah
    AreoHotah
    ✭✭✭✭

What. The. Crap????

I'd say games are the way they are because of people like you--trollish and rude and mindlessly enraged.

Ppl like OP that are just begging the devs to take their money is why 90% of the game nowadays are money leeching only and 1% passion. Gamers nowadays make me puke. You make me puke. The OP makes me puke.

Oh, I get it..your mom won't foot the bill for something as trivial as a name change, so NO-ONE should have one via their checkbook.
    Thanks for clearing that up. @areohotah

something so simpel should be free for everyone. but it won't if ppl like the op jump to pay for it even before money is requested from them.

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 5, 2014 7:02PM

• ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @Jexie‌ pointed out, we do plan to add character name changes as an additional service in the future, but there is not currently a system in place for this.

On a separate note, please keep this discussion civil and refrain from name-calling or other behavior that is not in line with our Community Code of Conduct. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • orangeman57ub17_ESO
    Sweet. I agree it should be free, but I don't expect it to be. If it is, fantastic. If it's not, oh well. I think it's a better investment than buying a rainbow pig on FarmVille.
  • the.dzeneralb16_ESO
    I always pick an awesome name so to me this doesn't matter. With that said, I will suggest: One free name change per character, then you either pay for more/do not get another. Just give one free, after that it doesn't matter as this satisfies everyone
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely agree with the OP.

I feel my character has earned a new last name, and I should be able to change it.
  • WhimsyDragon
    WhimsyDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting for this option a couple months now... hope it happens soon :( So many have been begging for it!
  • Kalman
    Kalman
    ✭✭✭✭
    something so simpel should be free for everyone.

Looks like someone doesn't understand how complex databases work. (or how to spell simple)

I don't know how they designed the database for ESO. The smart thing would have been to use a unique id for each character then only have the name tied to that unique id in 1 place. Most likely the name is the unique id which means there are a ton of places this change would have to take place within a small time frame while you are not logged in. Not even to mention if the name is part of any PKs, FKs, or UKs.
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    As @Jexie‌ pointed out, we do plan to add character name changes as an additional service in the future, but there is not currently a system in place for this.

Good news, thanks for the update! :smile:
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why make a name for a specific style of play and change your style of play
    OR Better yet
    Why not create a name for your character and not a name for a style of play unless you're committed to it and have tried it out for a bit first.

PTS
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • orangeman57ub17_ESO
    I had trouble finding a name I liked and went with my favorite style, bows and spells. Later on in the vet ranks I had lots of skill points to throw around and speced into being a tank, dual wield, and even a werewolf at one point. I want to change my name into something less specific
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    meghuskoow wrote: »
    You shoukd open up a help ticket in game, they will contact you by email. I had great quick service, it wasnt the same problem but still the service was great!

I was a *** when I named my Orc. I capitalized the Gro, which was an oversight on my part and I didn't even notice till I was in my mid 30's. I contacted cs with what I thought was a reasonable request to lowercase that G.

I received a swift response I assume was mostly automated, telling me it was not possible. I immediately figured it was a lie, because if that was true nothing could be done to alter inappropriate names, but I digress.