The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game Breaking - Login Tip Loop (With Video)

Shining1
Shining1
Soul Shriven
Watch/download a clip (8mb, 25s) of the bug in action here:

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/el37pmou0waln0n/ESO-GameBreakingA.avi

The video begins directly after selecting the affected character from the main menu and attempting to log into the game.

ISSUE: A game breaking bug found in Elder Scrolls Online on 22-05-2014 after Patch 1.1.2 Craglorn Update. The load screen seems to stutter for a moment, before showing my character and then immediately defaulting back to a buggy load screen with rapidly changing game tips. This goes on endlessly.

WHEN: This happens every time I log on my main character.

BEGAN: after completing the Sewers quest in Mournhold (given by Almalexia), upon exiting the sewer and loading back into Desaan through the sewer exit.

ATTEMPTED: logging out and in multiple times, disabling and then removing add-ons, multiple system reboots, leaving the game alone for over 12+ hours, and finally, a clean reinstall of the entire game. The problem persists, making my main character unplayable. Other character are unaffected and can log into their respective zones.
  • Grizznakprime
    I have this Exact same Bug except I am in Cirrodil Armory... I can not log in to the game at ALL.... Totally breaks me game.
  • CosmicChaos
    CosmicChaos
    ✭✭✭
    This has been covered quite a bit, just haven't gotten a response from them yet. Though they were quick to address the achievement issue and VR difficulty. >.< Another thread about this issue here.
  • Shining1
    Shining1
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the responses. I think the more people who post about it, the better. Hopefully we will get some type of official feedback soon. I'll also add to the ongoing discussion on the link you provided CosmicChaos.

Anybody else who is affected, please post!
  • FishBreath
    FishBreath
    ✭✭
    This just happened to me too and now I can't play. I was just swimming near Mournhold docks and then got this infinite load screen loop.

I tried removing all addons, no effect. I also tried changing from true Fullscreen back to Windowed Fullscreen, no effect.
  • ZOS_JanS
    ZOS_JanS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! Thanks for reporting this problem. We're aware of it and already working on a fix. Thank you for your patience.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Shining1
    Shining1
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the official response! Hopefully that fix will be up soon. :smile:
  • Rocco
    Rocco
    Thank you @ZOS_JanS, but can we please get a char move for the people that are bugged...? The game is totally broken on our mains for this as most of this is caused by cyrodil armory (AD west gate for my DK)... wasting my money isn't my idea of fun (even if it's just for one day)
    Guild UMBRA
    Grossberger - V10 DK
    Tomb Stone - V2 NB
  • Skylias
    Skylias
    Many of us are stuck here too. I suspect that they will fix this relatively soon. ZOS already made some comments about running fixes in the 24 hours (in one thread about the new upped difficulty of the VR mobs) - but that doesn't mean "maintenance" necessarily.

Just have to wait it out unfortunately.
    ~Skylias~
    Devoted Rangeress of Elderblade
  • Grizznakprime
    Rocco wrote: »
    Thank you @ZOS_JanS, but can we please get a char move for the people that are bugged...? The game is totally broken on our mains for this as most of this is caused by cyrodil armory (AD west gate for my DK)... wasting my money isn't my idea of fun (even if it's just for one day)

Yes please?
  • Grizznakprime
    Can someone please respond as to if you can or can not move characters locally on the map to perhaps get them out of the instance in which this happened? From the information give on the forums here it appears to be in specific areas only. Also is it client sided or server sided? If Client can reinstalling the game help? It has been about 20 hours since it happened and some resolution or explanation in to what you factually know at this point would ease the anxious players here on this end that are burning their holiday weekend waiting your response. Thank you.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just happened to me as well in Mournhold . Came out of the sewers and the screen went black with tool tips flying across the bottom. Just got vamp on this character which is my main character today. Don't want to lose her. Submitted a ticket: 140523-018254. They replied and told me to change SET FULLSCREEN_v5 to 1. Well mine was already set at 1 so that won't help. Replied and asked that they move her. I hope they do. :(
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spam the "R" key during the "bug". The theory is your player is dead and the "R" will revive you at the nearest wayshrine. You may need to relog after spamming "R" fir a bit.
  • PaulD
    PaulD
    ✭✭✭
    Are you able to do a /stuck?
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue, only when I log back into my main (which is currently at the daggerfall bank)
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue on my main character, started after I came out of the sewers under Mournhold, ticket 140523-017319. Character was apparently moved by GM, not sure how far, did not help.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They moved my character and all is well now. :)
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    The "get killed" workaround suggested by others worked for me. For a split second after a login attempt, I was able to move a little (in the same darkness with flickering tips). I had to repeat it a few times until I walked into hostile NPCs. After that, I had to re-log once more and hit "revive at nearest shrine" as soon as I logged in.
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Spam the "R" key during the "bug". The theory is your player is dead and the "R" will revive you at the nearest wayshrine. You may need to relog after spamming "R" fir a bit.

This did not help in my case :'( Maybe I will have to submit the ticket too haha.
    Phoenixwing (NA): High Elf Aldmeri Dominion Sorcerer who love PvP!
  • BusyBeingStuck
    BusyBeingStuck
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having a similar issue but my character is still alive. Whenever I log off then log back onto it, it briefly flashes the in game screen then goes to the loading loop. I was walking in Deshaan somewhere between The Lord mundus stone and the Shad Astula Wayshrine. The loading loop hit me while I was just walking, not even doing an action. I wonder if there is a zone line that if you walk into it will cause this glitch. Not that I'm willing to risk anymore characters getting stuck like this.
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    Today after the patch my video card crashed and before the crash I could see something similar to screen tearing for a bit. It hasn't happened again until now.
  • mikedx
    mikedx
    Soul Shriven
    It's happening to me right now.
  • shanersimms_ESO
    shanersimms_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to play since yesterday. I'm stuck in Cyrodiil with this same bug, beginning a 3-day weekend from work finally had the chance to play enough to move up the ranks in my Cyrodiil campaign and this.... The biggest reason I play this game is the PvP and I'm missing out on my prime time to be competitive. Utterly unacceptable.
    -Lord Shaszahan the Archmage, of The Septim Bloodline
  • PhoenixWing
    PhoenixWing
    ✭✭
    Even with customer support kindly teleported me to the nearest place, the problem still persists ><
    Phoenixwing (NA): High Elf Aldmeri Dominion Sorcerer who love PvP!
  • Atreius86
    Atreius86
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem in deshaan.

/ Apparently you can resolve this bug alone only if you are dead continuously pressing R.
    / If you are alive (like me) no chances...i cant play from 2 days due to this bug.

there's also a reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/26bdxb/caught_in_a_never_ending_random_loading_screen/
  • S3NS3R
    S3NS3R
    Soul Shriven
    Just happened to me in Deshaan, can no longer play as can't login without the bug.
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    Please, help me! I am stucked as well. Account ID is @Kraen character Kraen Shan
    Edited by Kraen on May 24, 2014 12:02PM
    Finneas of Baby Face Bananas
    Free to Play? No, thx.
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    And my friend with account ID @Nymeriia has the verry same problem. Character Nymeriia. Please, port us away!
    Edited by Kraen on May 24, 2014 12:02PM
    Free to Play? No, thx.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck guys... I've had silence from CS in over 5 hours of trying.
  • Kraen
    Kraen
    ✭✭✭
    Luck wont help. We need a fix asap. This is really so annoying in Pay to Play game.
    Free to Play? No, thx.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well if they won't even respond to customers via help (the last thing I heard from them was 16 hours ago) do you think they care enough to fix it quickly? They stopped caring when this patch when pear-shaped.