The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help! I'm stuck in a rollback loop!

Sabbatus
Sabbatus
✭✭✭
I used the wayshrine to go from Davon's Watch to Dhalmora to get some diamonds from a friend. I took the wayshrine back to Davon's Watch. After about 2 minutes I disconnect, and when I log back in I'm back at the Dhalmora wayshrine. This keeps happening over and over, and I see no way out of it.
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Not just you, It's happening to everyone I think. I got kicked out and rolled back 3 times before I just stopped playing.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Sabbatus, could you please submit a help request via the /help menu in-game?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    Doing it now Jessica.
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Just to point out, when I logged back, almost everyone in chat was also complaining about being kicked out and rolled back, so it's a much larger issue than 1 person.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just you, It's happening to everyone I think. I got kicked out and rolled back 3 times before I just stopped playing.

I had some rollback issues, but nothing that followed a pattern like the OP describes.
    ----
    Murray?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @Clansman2013 - What zone were you in? Same one as @Sabbatus? And what megaserver?
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    For me, I ported to Daven's watch from Shadowfen. Got to Davens watch, sold all my crap and repaired. I was then kicked out and when I logged back in, i'm back in Shadowfen. This happened 3 times in a row, and then I gave up :)
    Edited by Clansman2013 on May 23, 2014 12:13AM
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    US Megaserver, Was in Shadowfen originally, then ported to Davens Watch in Stonefalls.
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    It appears my items and money that I acquired in the interim (including the stack of diamonds a guildie gave me) have disappeared as well.
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to have stabilized for now, at least for me.
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    Now I cannot log back in at all, I get an error message saying:

Error 310(6:3:1181:2)
    Transfer Failed. Please try to reconnect. Should the problem persist, contact Customer Support.

so here I am, Customer Support, what now?
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    BTW, I can log in on another toon, but not on my level 17 Orc Dragonknight Voidus Insidious.
  • Sabbatus
    Sabbatus
    ✭✭✭
    Sabbatus wrote: »
    Now I cannot log back in at all, I get an error message saying:

Error 310(6:3:1181:2)
    Transfer Failed. Please try to reconnect. Should the problem persist, contact Customer Support.

This is now happening on multiple characters on my account.

• Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Same, just started happening on another character, and not the only one. Once more, region chat is full of "WTF??" and "Rollback!!"
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Ok this is just getting stupid now. What's more annoying, is everyone in game is bitching about it, but nobody will come here and report it.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Wow I had it happen a little while ago, and now can't log in either.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    cries....

Glad I am at work now. Seems I will hold off playing until this is resolved, anyway will take me a day to DL the new patch.
    Edited by Mortelus on May 23, 2014 1:47AM
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of expecting the new patch would mess something up. Usually does for most games in some way or another. They'll have a hotfix soon enough i'm sure.
  • Galen_the_Black
    Galen_the_Black
    Soul Shriven
    I actually noticed this pattern in the last major patch. Logging into the game was hard and suffered from some rollbacks. I suspect that the number of people downloading the patch is interfering with the game server's connection resulting in lost connections, failure to login to the character screen, long load times and rollbacks.

Waiting a day for everything to mostly settle down resolved all the problems in the last update. I expect the same thing to happen to this update.
    Edited by Galen_the_Black on May 23, 2014 2:16AM
    Just my 2 Septims.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We've found the cause of the rollback issue in Stonefalls and will be pushing a hotfix after the European maintenance is complete.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Halloweenhead_Red
    Halloweenhead_Red
    Soul Shriven
    We've found the cause of the rollback issue in Stonefalls and will be pushing a hotfix after the European maintenance is complete.

Nice.
    Please... We Don't Aim.
  • Kingslayer
    Kingslayer
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Can you comment on this vr difficulty change? Its rendered all vr zones unplayable.
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about fixing ALL the rollbacks? it's happening in The Rift Vr zone as well. Or how about letting us know why you bumped up the HP of vr mobs AND made them hit harder without telling anyone? How about that? because you WILL lose subs over it. Fast.
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    Heads up on my part since I can't log in and sent a ticket explaining what happened I got an answer saying it was solved yea go log in nooooo rreply no its not solved. I still can't log in and wife says I'm on line ( still from last time I was booted )
  • Banumu
    Banumu
    ✭✭
    So I guess no playing today because of patch , play a little get roll back problems / log in problems and get to play tomorrow since hotfix will be after EU update ........ yea :\

• animate36_ESO
    animate36_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just got my second major roll back.

Lost roughly 7K xp (only lvl 14 with the character) and over an hour worth of time in Stonefalls.

Today so far I have been in at least 7 rollback crashes luckily the other 5 I was just looking at character stats and skills so I didn't lose anything. I have turned in bug reports on both crashes with more details... the only problem with that is there is no "Game Crash" or "Rolled Back and lost all efforts" options.
  • coreserv
    coreserv

Will this also address the issues we are having when interacting with an NPC we lose the "esc" key? As well as being able to choose different guilds to trade/buy from, along with many other loss of functionality? Give us some Feedback PLease.

You have to do a force quit shutdown of the game then you have to actually log out completely to desktop and start all over again? And if the server doesn't recognize you logged out you get error message 304 or an "unknown Error". For 5-10mins before you can Login again? Dont do a half assed Hot-fix, Please! Actually Hot-fix these other issues as well. And admit the Problems. There is a lot more than those. But these are the ones that are so frustrating you dont want to play.
    >:) Ceridian- High Elf - Sorcerer
  • coreserv
    coreserv
    Seriously making it harder to believe your a triple A mmo title, with the basic core mechanics of an mmo, not working. And charging a sub-fee for it. I so want this game to survive for a long time, but seriously?
    Edited by coreserv on May 23, 2014 8:05AM
    >:) Ceridian- High Elf - Sorcerer
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea when the hotfix will be pushed?
  • jch.raelieb14_ESO
    Seeing as how it is not the 22nd anymore and this is still happening, how did that hot fix go? Cause It sure didn't fix mine.