Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Forging the Mace of Molag Bal"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Forging the Mace of Molag Bal. What would you have smashed with this replica mace? :)
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bots and those who run them!
  • Tuerai
    Tuerai
    The video was a little obnoxious, but the replica mace looked amazing.
    "We were undone because of you. Every day, every day, in the dark, in the dawn, forever, r-r-rip, r-r-rip, r-r-rub, r-r-rub, right in our faces, because of you."
  • spooky3db16_ESO
    spooky3db16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Geeky fun! now I need Bethesda to get an official replica so i can mount it next to my Frostmourne Sword
  • a.rose01b16_ESO
    A Car would have been good to see what is left after a few swings, but even for a marine, it was still hard to wield in 1 hand. Very nice weapon though, well forged, salute to the swordmaster for forging it.
  • Emberheart
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Forging the Mace of Molag Bal. What would you have smashed with this replica mace? :)

Dear staff,

An amazing video you have posted on the mace of Molag Bal, but perhaps it would be courteous to mention Jake Powning (the smith) his name in the news article itself? (*)
  • Showharu
    Showharu
    So thats what my moneys going into breaking flatscreens. Cool vid though
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh Nikosaur
    such a lovely girl
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • spookmggb16_ESO
    spookmggb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    OMG! The spoon of Molag Bal!! When do we get to see it?
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    A Tale of Spoon and Fork: Sheogorath's Fork of Horripilation finally meets its match
  • Xancathb16_ESO
    Xancathb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The forging of the mace was fascinating and of course the actual use of the weapon was pretty entertaining as well.

That girl is REALLY obnoxious.
  • wizzerd_lg_ESO
    The mace looked nice, but the *demonstration* of it's use was kinda lame. Clearly the guy was not strong enough to wield such a heavy weapon, and it only made him look unfortunately incompetent, which I'm sure he isn't when dealing with something closer to his scale. They really should have gone to find a proper Nord strongman to swing this bronze bat about. They can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM

Also, before you have a tiny person (guy or girl) swinging this, maybe they should have used their budget to have a smaller version made for her to use.

If you aren't strong enough to swing something faster than just dropping it and letting gravity do the rest, you're really wasting its potential.
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would buy that mace hands down.

The most bothersome part is that the mace of molag bal in Skyrim only had 3 faces (sides) not 4 like the one the smith made. Im not sure if something changed from skyrim to eso but..... the one in skyrim was amazballs

So i checked in skyrim after watching that video 3 sides. Looked at several images of molag bal holding his mace from ESO, also 3 sides.

The mace they made in the video had 4 sides. Each side was molded separately. It weighed in at 35lbs. If they had made a more accurate depiction it would be amost 9 pounds lighter, weighing in at around 26 lbs. This seems more likely to be properly scaled.

That chick took no care or effort to do any research before hand.
    Such a disgrace to such a beautiful weapon.

still though, considering contacting that smith to make a proper molag bal's mace for me.
    Edited by Zhoyzu on May 14, 2014 9:43AM
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome weapon. Wouldn't mind putting that next to my Molag Bal statue lol. I See I'm not the only one to use incompetech.com for project music either hehe :)
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • Narrator
    Narrator
    ✭✭✭
    Great Video, Its always nice to see someone Else's interpretation of in game weapons and objects.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some nice ice sculptures would have done the trick...Perhaps one of Molag himself?
    If you aren't strong enough to swing something faster than just dropping it and letting gravity do the rest, you're really wasting its potential.

'Wasting its potential...'

That's a physics joke, right?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fun to watch, thanks for sharing it!
  • rudyphill_ESO
    rudyphill_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Minus the cool weapon factor and the cute nerd girl I could of done the same damage with the "8 pound sledge hammer of Lowes".
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Forging the Mace of Molag Bal. What would you have smashed with this replica mace? :)

Is this the weapon being used as the (un)official [Bot Ban Hammer of Awesomeness]?

(/sarcasm off)
    Edited by Gwarok on May 20, 2014 10:24PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)