The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Zenimax, when are you going to address the problems with veteran armor aesthetics?

• Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, just be happy - you not in North Korea, and you character doesn't look like this :smile:
    2aamruw.jpg
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the last post belongs in the barbershop discussion.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    These hairstyles are not allowed there, jeez didn't you know? :O Just these ones: hair%20stylf.jpg
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Good news, everyone! We actually found an issue with the Veteran Rank gear which was, indeed, making them appear like low-level armor. This will be fixed in our next patch. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots all over the place in Windhelm and this is the big news of the day??? You guys do a great job but sometimes..................
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Necro
    Necro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    Bots all over the place in Windhelm and this is the big news of the day??? You guys do a great job but sometimes..................

You're a wonderful person.
    Edited by Necro on May 14, 2014 5:56PM
  • Selphares
    Selphares
    I bet even if they would say something like 'Good news we fixed all bugs' at once people would complain that the stuff to complain was taken away. :)
  • Psychotius
    Psychotius
    ✭✭✭
    Selphares wrote: »
    I bet even if they would say something like 'Good news we fixed all bugs' at once people would complain that the stuff to complain was taken away. :)

You mean like "ZOMG, now my armor is going to look better! This is not what I paid for, I am so unhappy. Please, nerf armor or buff it ridiculously to offset the hardships I have to face, it is too OP and now it even looks better. I better get some free bank slots or something or I am cancelling my sub!"

Something like that?
    I'm not as am as you drunk I think.
  • netsike
    netsike
    ✭✭✭
    Good news, everyone! We actually found an issue with the Veteran Rank gear which was, indeed, making them appear like low-level armor. This will be fixed in our next patch. :)

You are an angel again! Thank you so much :)
    angelpage10.gif
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Next time don't say that something is intended before actually investigating :P
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is great news. And so much for being a low priority and taxing on ZoS limited resources, haha.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    To bad gear is not in 3d but plastered directly on the body (except shoulders, helm and boots)
    So we will never have truly great armor :/

It is ofcourse becouse of lagg issues, but i twould be nice to be able to toggle 3d armor and normal armor or something.

I kinda like the way GW2 did it, with basic rank armor in PvP to lower lagg, and more detailed armor in PvE.
  • Irissa
    Irissa
    ✭✭
    Very very happy that this will be resolved :)
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    At the start of reading this thread I thought great I have ugly khaki duck poo coloured armour to look forward to at high lvl. Like most, the darker colours and blues look so much nicer. Blue after all is the most favourite colour in the world.

But Iam glad to know that it will be fixed and hopefully wont have to wear ugly duck poo armour which is my absolute least fave colour.
  • Winke
    Winke
    ✭✭✭

huzzah! ....i hope ;)
    :: Winke::Breton Templar::Merchant::
    ::Koke::Argonian Dragon Knight:: Bard::
    The Obsidian Brotherhood
    "Eldest, that's what I am...he remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside.."
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    I must be doing it wrong. The first, second, and third thing I look at when it comes to clothing is the armor rating. I'd wear a potato sack if had a rating of 200. Of course I run a squishy sorc so that kind of stuff is kinda important.

Thats 1 in 1000 people who think so. Thats typically the ones naming their characters killAz123 or theultimatewarrior, or gandalflegolazz, because they dont care.

Bute believe me, the vast majority of us mmorpg-players most definitely care about the looks of our Avatars.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did kind of laugh, but it is nice that they are fixing it. Maybe it is something minor that can be fixed easily. still there are far more important issues in the game. Bugged quests, bugged classes and skills, and please fix the loot from containers and provisioning.
    Edited by LadyDestiny on May 15, 2014 7:09AM
  • AryaWythers
    AryaWythers
    ✭✭✭
    Dita wrote: »
    Guys, just be happy - you not in North Korea, and you character doesn't look like this :smile:
    2aamruw.jpg

Lol...that may have been the best post I have ever seen, and you should be charged with attempted manslaughter since you almost killed me when I started laughing so hard I started choking on my food.

As much as I might complain about issues that need to be fixed first amongst others...this is a sincere customer support thread and should be treated as one since it has to do with a paying customers feelings on game issues that they actually have with the game, every paying customer should have the right to express themselves with game issues regardless of anyone that may disagree. I do have issues with threads that shouldn't belong though, and hopefully they will create an outlet for those paying consumers as well...many thumbs up for this one though!!!

Edited by AryaWythers on May 15, 2014 7:24AM
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    HAH is it bad that I hear that in professor farnsworth's voice in my head? don't worry though that only makes you more awesome :p
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most definitely had Farnsworth in my head as well...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Ashenangel
    Ashenangel
    ✭✭
    they need to sort out the gear its butt ugly and plain and dull all i ask for in games is dyes and nice armour cloth to look like cloth ect and please the gold sink into repair bills for armour is way to much ;( tera is good exc of pretty gear:)
    Edited by Ashenangel on May 16, 2014 9:09PM
    The worlds gone to hell in a hand basket >:)
  • n3c
    n3c
    Yes, this is the most important aspect of this game. You should really concentrate on the armor on characters. Or you could fix server issues w/lag,spikes & game mechanic which actually is important.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selphares wrote: »

Nah, if they genuinely fixed all the bugs, I'd be happy. As it is, I feel a bit of apathy and resentment, because the issues that are actually preventing me from enjoying the game... aren't getting an audience at all. But, you know, a cosmetic thing, that's full speed ahead, we must fix it ASAP.

I'm not holding that against you, but, it makes it hard for me to say, "yeah, this is a well managed game I should be subscribing to."
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    n3c wrote: »
    Yes, this is the most important aspect of this game. You should really concentrate on the armor on characters. Or you could fix server issues w/lag,spikes & game mechanic which actually is important.

Because they only have one guy working on this. I'm really sure the art and model designers are the same ones that handle server issues and game mechanics. Not really, but keep up the great work. I know the concept of multi-tasking is lost on some of you but come on.

Nah, if they genuinely fixed all the bugs, I'd be happy. As it is, I feel a bit of apathy and resentment, because the issues that are actually preventing me from enjoying the game... aren't getting an audience at all. But, you know, a cosmetic thing, that's full speed ahead, we must fix it ASAP.

I'm not holding that against you, but, it makes it hard for me to say, "yeah, this is a well managed game I should be subscribing to."

I must be imagining that every week they've had a patch out with bug fixes, quest fixes, and a large list of upcoming fixes on the PTS which isn't even complete yet. But when they say they're going to fix something that is relatively easy to fix, people start whining that their problems aren't being addressed when in reality, they are. /shakes head
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on May 17, 2014 9:31PM
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes me really happy to see. In the grand scheme of things, armor aesthetics might not seem important. But for me, a bit part of leveling up is to see what the next set of armor will look like.

Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed when I crafted my VR1 gear and upgraded it to blue quality. Is was just so dull and lifeless looking compared to the other gear I had crafted. It's bad enough all gear looks the same after lvl 36. Having armor that looks painted on was just ridiculous.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must be imagining that every week they've had a patch out with bug fixes, quest fixes, and a large list of upcoming fixes on the PTS which isn't even complete yet. But when they say they're going to fix something that is relatively easy to fix, people start whining that their problems aren't being addressed when in reality, they are. /shakes head

No, logically it makes sense, at least to me. But, it does leave me feeling like they don't care if the game is in a playable state.

EDIT: I should say, it's not just this. We've also got them screwing over provisional with diminishing returns, deciding to handle bots with a lockout that affects real players more seriously than bots, and a host of other "fixes" that just make the game less playable overall.
    Edited by starkerealm on May 17, 2014 11:06PM
  • Desdemonte
    Desdemonte
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't it Aion that had a system where you could take an item you liked the look of and use it as a cosmetic for end game stuff you had? That would be an awesome feature....
  • Oblongship
    Oblongship
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Cosmetic problems are "glaring" and need fixing 'yesterday' as a priority over bugs that prevent progress, bots that are rampaging all over Tamriel, problems causing program crashes, server rollbacks, etc.

Really?

If how your character LOOKs is the biggest problem you think exists then I'm happy for you, I wish I was there with you.

I don't doubt the gear models may not be ideal but if you're at the levels where this is an issue then there are way, way more people with far more serious problems that are more in need of ZOSs limited development resources than you I would suggest.

People like you make me sick.

How dare you come to someone else's customer service thread and tell them how important their issue is...

If to him it is more important than other things that is his darn right and unless you pay his sub, you have no right to tell him how/what to complain about.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »
    Wasn't it Aion that had a system where you could take an item you liked the look of and use it as a cosmetic for end game stuff you had? That would be an awesome feature....

DCUO did that too. Equipping a piece of gear would give you that piece as a permanent costume unlock.
  • Sev
    Sev
    ✭✭
    Desdemonte wrote: »

WoW and LOTRO have had it for years as well. It's a pretty standard feature these days.