The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PATCH NOTES V.1.1 Inc. Craglorn - From PTS

• neocomab16_ESO
    neocomab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    How do I get on the PTS I was looking about a week ago and couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks.

You have to pay for it to get on it. Or you have to have the imperial edition. Works like a key for PTS, too. Yeah, they really think people who pay more for the game are the better testers.

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial doesnt give access to PTS, its invite only
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to pay for it to get on it. Or you have to have the imperial edition. Works like a key for PTS, too. Yeah, they really think people who pay more for the game are the better testers.
    Malediktus wrote: »
    Imperial doesnt give access to PTS, its invite only
    What Mal said. It's invite only. You can say a lot against ZOS, but at least they have never sold beta. I'd drop ESO like a stone if they ever pulled that stunt.
    I heared there was a 2GB patch on the PTS. If true please post patchnotes
    Meh, sure. Been meaning to do that for a while (really don't know why they don't post these publicly now):

PTS Patch Notes v1.1.1

OVERVIEW

The Elder Scrolls Online v1.1.1 contains fixes and tweaks to issues reported from playtesting on the PTS, including adjustments to Craglorn and Trials. This version also has more fixes for non-Craglorn quest content.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

Alliance War
    General

Increased the Veteran Point rewards for all quests that you pick up in towns in Cyrodiil.

Audio
    General

You'll no longer hear dialogue from certain NPC events (such as bandits attacking a merchant) when the NPCs involved are too far away.
    Fixed an issue where there were traces of German VO in the English version of the game.
    Fixed an issue with Dark Anchor sounds.
    Fixed some issues with audio inside buildings and other interior spaces.

Combat & Gameplay
    General

Fixed an issue where bash/interrupt could be used more frequently than intended when it was repeatedly engaged.
    Fixed an issue where ground target area-of-effect abilities could sometimes disappear before their full duration completed.

Templar

Prism: Fixed an issue where the Prism passive wasn’t properly adding Ultimate when the Dawn’s Wrath ability was cast.

Group Content & Dungeons
    Trials – General

Fixed an issue where monsters in Trials would become de-synchronized from their actual position and appear to be where they are not.
    The Thief now has a consistent name between Craglorn and the Trials.
    Fixed an issue where the Leaderboards would sometimes not show results.

Trials – Aetherian Archive

The Wispmother Valariel’s clones will no longer stack up on top of her. They will now correctly move to their intended destinations.
    You will now be able to revive if your group wipes during the Wispmother Valariel encounter.
    If your group wipes during the Celestial Mage event before the Mage has entered the fight, the event will now properly reset.
    Teleport pads in the Aetherian Archive will now work as intended.
    All bosses in the Aetherian Archive can now detect stealthed player characters.
    Fixed an issue where waves of monsters were incorrectly awarding loot and experience.
    You will no longer occasionally become stuck in combat while fighting Wispmother Valariel.

Trials – Hel Ra Citadel

You will now be able to revive if your group wipes during the Ra Kotu encounter.

Dark Anchors

Dark Anchors now reward all participants with chests from Coldharbour.

Delves

Delve bosses in Malabal Tor and Stormhaven no longer spawn as frequently.
    Delve bosses in Shadowfen now properly award achievement credit.

Miscellaneous
    General

Like treasure chests, heavy sacks are now lootable by all players in dungeons but the total spawned count per instance has been reduced.
    Fixed an issue where resurrecting other player characters would sometimes not work.
    You can no longer place multiple unique items in the bank.
    Fixed an issue where you could sometimes become dismounted from your horse by sprinting.
    Fixed an issue where weapons would periodically lose their charges.
    Crafting hireling mails no longer contain a loot box. Instead, they contain the random assortment of items which the box would have contained when you opened it. The items you receive in the mail are determined by the character for which the mail was intended.
    As a result of this change, the issue where hireling containers were sometimes empty has also been fixed.

Quests
    Auridon

Eye of the Ancients: The Welkynd Stones will no longer disappear if you die.
    Blessings of the Eight: You will now be able to enter the shrine.

Bangkorai

The Mystery of Razak: The Mold Slot can now be used more reliably.
    To Walk on Far Shores: Septima Tharn will no longer get stuck in the world.

Craglorn

The miniboss in Balamath will now properly spawn adds.
    Celestial rifts can now be activated by a single player.
    Craglorn delves and other interior spaces now have proper veteran rank entry requirements.
    Bosses in Craglorn around areas that you quest will now drop proper loot.
    You can no longer sneak past the boss guarding the Warrior’s Apex Stone. You must fight him like a true hero!
    Zal’ik’s spectral minions can no longer target you with multiple beams.
    We have improved general boss mechanics and AI to better adapt to player behavior.
    Fixed an issue where the compass pin for Shada’s Tear entrance would point you in the wrong direction.
    Adjusted the Vision of Shada that appears in Shada’s Tear so that she won’t despawn prematurely while you’re watching the theater scene.
    If you die during the fight with the atronach bosses inside the Mage’s Staff, you can no longer resurrect during combat.
    Adjusted the difficulty of the lamia bosses in Zalgaz’s Den.
    The Craglorn exploration achievements will now properly display in your journal.
    Defeating Yamanu-Ko in Elinhir will now properly progress the quest.
    Fixed an issue with a missing quest bestower for daily content in Shada’s Tear.

Eastmarch

The following achievements will now be properly awarded:
    Giant-Friend
    Skald-King's Salvation
    Skald-King's Arrow
    Merriment and Mystery: Goats will now stop following you if you abandon the quest.

Grahtwood

The Grip of Madness: Sheogorath will now properly teleport Aulus.
    The Unquiet Dead: It is now easier to interact with the altar.
    The Blacksap's Hold: You will now be able to enter the portal.

Reaper’s March

The Swordmaster Division: The spike traps will now register as a PvE death instead of a PvP death.

Stormhaven

Sir Hughes' Fate: Fixed an issue where an entire group would get teleported back to the infirmary while talking to Sir Hughes. Now only the player talking to Sir Hughes will get teleported.

Edited by MorHawk on May 8, 2014 12:45PM
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
  • tair88b16_ESO
    tair88b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I hope they add some colors to the daedric armor as well, that olive placeholder is quite annoying.
  • Blackwolfe5
    Blackwolfe5
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you get the patchnotes anyhow? Is there a pts forum somewhere or do you get them from the client? (if pts is enabled)
  • Big_Bob
    Big_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    That's it...? Not a very satisfying patch note when there are more pressing issues like broken passives and skills for NB that are still not working as intended.They already nerfed the loot for racial motifs and recipes, now they're nerfing it fuuuuurther? the heck?

"You can no longer place multiple unique items in the bank."

What unique items?

• Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big_Bob wrote: »
    That's it...? Not a very satisfying patch note when there are more pressing issues like broken passives and skills for NB that are still not working as intended.They already nerfed the loot for racial motifs and recipes, now they're nerfing it fuuuuurther? the heck?

"You can no longer place multiple unique items in the bank."

What unique items?

I think you're jsut looking at 1.1.1 which is an addon to 1.1 If you look at 1.1 (the original post) I think you will see more of what you seem to be seeking
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have to laugh when people say this promotes zerging, or that promotes zerging. The truth is large scale PvP promotes zerging. No amount of nerfing, buffing, or fixing is going to get rid of the zerg. It's the nature of this style of PvP.

• Nooblet
    Nooblet
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to laugh when people say this promotes zerging, or that promotes zerging. The truth is large scale PvP promotes zerging. No amount of nerfing, buffing, or fixing is going to get rid of the zerg. It's the nature of this style of PvP.

Their intent was the majority zerg, but any playstyle could find action. Including smaller groups or solo. Which is certainly possible as it is.
  • smosti
    smosti
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone, please remember that these notes are specifically for the PTS, and are not the same notes you'll see on the live server. It's very likely that items will be edited and/or added in between the time it's being tested on the PTS, and when it will be available for everyone to play.

So will this be a ghost patch or will the entire patch sheet be view able when the patch is running?
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they'll fix the Shadowfen quest completion achievement and Captain Bones' ship too....
  • Tarokor
    Tarokor
    Nice... Finally a real patch up to PTS... Even if half of this gets through successful I am a happy customer.. This is what we need real underlying fixes.. I hope the PTS testers really test and give the development team even more to chew on during this test..

I want to see a ton more testing and fixing done on Nightblade/Vampire/Werewolf skill lines and passives.. Please use Mods with your feedback to show them what is happening in real time.

Just one problem with this, how the friggin hell, are these supposed to be tested fixed and the fixes tested when they will be on the pts for less than 10 days

• jhmcclellan3_ESO
    jhmcclellan3_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thevenin wrote: »
    Did they actually buff Dragon Knights and Vampires and nerf Nightblades and Werewolves ?

Are they trying the Warhammer Online "head in ass" balancing approach ?

Things are being balanced around PvE if you didnt notice.
    Good choice. The majority of the players are PVE players. Imagine the outrage if they would balance around Cyrodiil. The only way to make both happy would be to split the skills (making skills have seperate properties in Cyrodiil and in PvE)
    Rift said thats what they would do when the game launched but they did blanket adjustments, so I think thats a myth.
    I never played Rift, but I think GW2 is splitting between PvE, WvW/PvP. WoW is doing it too I think

I haven't played GW2 in a few months, but PVP (battleground style) was separate, but PVE and WVW used the same gear, skills, and so on. That's why I assume Zenimax is taking a similar approach. They will, no doubt, have to make adjustments as time goes on, but the game is only a little over a month old.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nooblet wrote: »

Their intent was the majority zerg, but any playstyle could find action. Including smaller groups or solo. Which is certainly possible as it is.

It promotes the stupidest stack and turtle zerg tactics and prevents small group tactics to have a chance vs. them.

Thats the problem.

And it becomes a pure game of numbers, with "intelligent" heals targeting the most damaged players and AoE's only damaging a few of the zerg members.

No possibility to assist vs a large group of people makes it even worse, no ui method, no calling out in TS possible.
  • Tiago17
    Tiago17
    Soul Shriven
    When is this likely to go live?
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And unless I browsed over it...no rapid gear decay fix. :(
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Unless this doesnt cover it:

Reduced the amount of item durability loss while in group combat situations (such as dungeons.)

You browsed over it.

Edited by Auric_ESO on May 17, 2014 7:51PM
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
  • vyal
    vyal
    ✭✭✭
    No, they haven't acknowledged the problem at all.

One thousand gold per hour, solo, not dying, in repair costs is, according to Zenimax "working as intended".

Vote with your wallets, Zenimax has the most punitive gear decay system in the history of gaming and is evidently proud of it. Why they chose this, of all stupid ideas, to distinguish themselves? Good question.
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, this is before the gear decay discussion really took off. Let's give them one last chance to have added a fix for all gameplay scenarios, not just grouped gameplay, by the time the patch goes live.
  • spriggsub17_ESO
    spriggsub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    With these changes the game should almost be ready to move out of beta testing and go LIVE! Oh, wait...
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is concerning and disturbing to me that members of our PTS group feel the inclination to usurp Zenimax's authority by posting these notes on live prior to their own official release of notes that are intended for public consumption. This is a betrayal of trust. Regardless of anyone's opinion concerning the specifics of the non disclosure agreement as to if this is technically permissible under such. The obvious intent was to have notes for our testing group only until such time as they were released.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on May 18, 2014 12:38AM
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • Bangstin
    Bangstin
    ✭✭✭
    Corithna wrote: »
    It is concerning and disturbing to me that members of our PTS group feel the inclination to usurp Zenimax's authority by posting these notes on live prior to their own official release of notes that are intended for public consumption. This is a betrayal of trust. Regardless of anyone's opinion concerning the specifics of the non disclosure agreement as to if this is technically permissible under such. The obvious intent was to have notes for our testing group only until such time as they were released.

Please, mods have even commented in this topic without closing it. And afaik they will open pts soonish to public anyways.
    Regardless of anyone's opinion concerning the specifics of the non disclosure agreement as to if this is technically permissible under such. The obvious intent was to have notes for our testing group only until such time as they were released.

This is also just an opinion.

Edited by ZOS_JasonI on May 18, 2014 12:41AM
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bangstin wrote: »
    It is concerning and disturbing to me that members of our PTS group feel the inclination to usurp Zenimax's authority by posting these notes on live prior to their own official release of notes that are intended for public consumption. This is a betrayal of trust. Regardless of anyone's opinion concerning the specifics of the non disclosure agreement as to if this is technically permissible under such. The obvious intent was to have notes for our testing group only until such time as they were released. @Moonraker‌ and @MorHawk‌ you have done nothing here save hurt the overall relationship between the PTS membership and Zenimax.

Please, mods have even commented in this topic without closing it. And afaik they will open pts soonish to public anyways.
    Regardless of anyone's opinion concerning the specifics of the non disclosure agreement as to if this is technically permissible under such. The obvious intent was to have notes for our testing group only until such time as they were released.

This is also just an opinion.

You're right this is my opinion, I never said otherwise. And I stand by what I've written here.
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

• Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bangstin wrote: »

They did comment and had no issues with it being posted and they are opening the PTS up to the general public as soon as they can. So it's quite disconcerting to see someone throwing a tantrum over it.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure why you felt the need to post in such a moralising tone. A few things you may have considered before doing so;

1. As with other PTS Patch Notes beforehand, the Patch Notes were posted on other sites soon after being posted. This was merely making these available to players on the official ESO forum directly so they could be discussed here also. It appears from the 47.1K views and 414 comments that it was of great interest to members.

2. Before posting these I checked directly on the Psijic Order section to check there was no NDA in place which was confirmed in this post (copied here for context as others can't see it)
    ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    April 25 Staff Post
    ....is correct, you are not under an NDA when testing Craglorn on PTS. That being said, as was the case prior to launch, if you decide to share content from the latest PTS build, please make sure to mark it appropriately, so as to avoid confusion with the Live build and any unintended spoilers
    I actually noted this on the OP if you check and I was very careful to mark the post as requested regarding PTS status and subject to change, which was not the case elsewhere.

This was confirmed also even directly in this post (not accessible for non PTS) which you can check directly but I wont post here.

3. Matt Firror in his recent state of the game article even referred directly to the PTS Patch Notes after they were posted and they have not been posted elsewhere (from memory the article changed a bit as it initially talked about them being posted sometime);
    As you may have seen from the patch notes on PTS (Update 1 has been available to our PTS players for a week), the first update contains much more than just Craglorn, our first Adventure Zone. It also contains lots of tweaks and bug fixes above and beyond what we’ve been doing on the live servers. Keep in mind that the PTS patch notes aren’t final—more changes will be made as we continue testing.
    source

4. As others have mentioned, ZOS staff have posted to this thread and could have removed them at any time had they deemed it appropriate.

Beyond that, why, given that you feel so strongly that things on PTS section should be kept there, do you feel the need to post this comment here and not there is beyond me. And given that this thread was posted 24 days ago, I also struggle to understand why you bring this up now with the Update 1 going live any day now.

Finally, given that the Community Rules are clear on Naming and Shaming you may want to consider removing those references and hopefully you can see that this thread was made with good intent after careful checking of the situation.

p.s. It has already been confirmed that once this Update 1 goes live, future testing should be open to everyone on the PTS which was a great decision by ZOS in my opinion. And all such notes will be publicly available right away.
    Edited by ZOS_JasonI on May 18, 2014 12:42AM
  • Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »

One thousand gold per hour, solo, not dying, in repair costs is, according to Zenimax "working as intended".

Vote with your wallets, Zenimax has the most punitive gear decay system in the history of gaming and is evidently proud of it. Why they chose this, of all stupid ideas, to distinguish themselves? Good question.

Yup, this is the issue I have and I got more than 1k gold at some points, I started running around naked and did virtually all of Coldharbour and the end of the main quest line naked with no problems and only died a few times. I'm not even grouped 99% of the time in TESO, so all this "..while you're in a group..." talk means nothing to me honestly.

Very sad the main issue is not getting a fix soon...

Had a live chat with an agent the other day, I want to believe they cared when I told them about how I get decay from pretty much any and no hit combat, and traveling to a player (lost 50% to decay for just traveling to a teammate). And this is occurring on all my characters, not just my main... :(
    Edited by Zershar_Vemod on May 18, 2014 1:35AM
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moonraker‌

What's done is done. I stand behind what I have said 100%. I wish you well in your future endeavors. I hope one day that you come to realize what has transpired here today.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyal wrote: »

2 levels. Grinding ww levels. Went 45 to a hair under 47.

1500g total repairs. I have more fun running with friends in lower areas with my VR toons who dont get repair bills there.
  • Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    Nickdorlandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thevenin wrote: »
    Did they actually buff Dragon Knights and Vampires and nerf Nightblades and Werewolves ?

Are they trying the Warhammer Online "head in ass" balancing approach ?

Things are being balanced around PvE if you didnt notice.

Yes and still what he says apply's to the OPnes of DK
    I really, really cant understand that they are buffing a lot of attacks of DK
    And nerf templar ressing, healing.. And dont increase dmg of some spells..

ZoS are blind ??!?!?! DK do not need buffed, they need nerfed, to be more EXACTLY THE FREAKING PILAR ULTIMATE that they can use every 20 seconds
    Edited by Nickdorlandb16_ESO on May 19, 2014 9:46AM