Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "New Community Programs"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article New Community Programs.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on April 16, 2014 8:49PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • nzblustone
    nzblustone
    ✭✭
    Any chance of a hint at upcoming guild features? Or is it just the articles, which would be a disappointing tease.
    Edited by nzblustone on April 16, 2014 10:15PM
    Founder of Imperial Traders Guild [NA] [PC-mac] • Guild WebsiteESO Forum Thread

Auron Lightblaze [Templar Heals] • Auron-khul [DK Tank] • Auronair [Sorc DPS] • Auronkha [NB DPS] • Brother Auron [Warden TBD]
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This needs to be featured:

http://tamrielgeographic.tumblr.com/
  • xylus289_ESO
    xylus289_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Can you please make it harder to take keeps. I find that it's too fast pace especially for how long a campaign lasts. It should take real effort, that and I find its hard to sell stuff at a keep store because of this fact.
    Edited by xylus289_ESO on April 17, 2014 2:30AM
  • skyprowerb14_ESO
    How exactly will some of the lore from Arena factor into ESO? I know Arena's content compared to any of the other games is... uh, "unique", but I would like to see more of the Staff Piece dungeons implemented, as group dungeons or Adventure Zones or whatnot. The Crypt of Hearts was a fantastic example of giving an Arena dungeon a more-recent-TES design overhaul - a place like Fang Lair or the Halls of Colossus would be incredible.
    Sahraaji, Covenant Khajiit Templar, Ch90 Ranger (DPS)
    Jah'zaan, Covenant Khajiit Nightblade, Pre-Champ Acrobat (DPS)
    Cleaves-In-Two, Pact Argonian Dragonknight, Pre-Champ Mercenary (Tank)
    Cylaerin, Dominion Bosmer Sorceror, Pre-Champ Sage (Healer)
    (@SkyBlueFox1)
  • HeartStrong_ESO
    This is not be the development team, guys, these are community managers. :smile:
  • XDem
    XDem
    ✭✭✭
    Still no word on using a forum software that doesn't suck? :grin:
  • Akaname
    Akaname
    I would love a detailed status webpage for the AvA war across the servers and campaigns, with many different rankings and maps. Much like the old DAoC realm war page, if you know what I mean.
  • l00s3s
    l00s3s
    What about working on the issues that are currently driving much people away from the game (what i think is very sad) before creating new ones?
  • Pretext
    Pretext
    ✭✭
    For guilds, please allow us to see only Character name in chat.

Generally speaking, please give us a RP social tag so we can be phased together as roleplayers. Please!
  • armageddonzjb16_ESO
    Can you please make it harder to take keeps. I find that it's too fast pace especially for how long a campaign lasts. It should take real effort, that and I find its hard to sell stuff at a keep store because of this fact.
    What ?! It takes the p*ss to take down a door

• armageddonzjb16_ESO
    Guys could you help me with my tank build please.
    http://youtu.be/WTDKxGdFud8
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    Want to do something GREAT for the community?

FIX THE BUGS!!!

• Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remake the forums or remake this whole site its SERIOUSLY BAD !!!!!!!
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretext wrote: »
    For guilds, please allow us to see only Character name in chat.

Generally speaking, please give us a RP social tag so we can be phased together as roleplayers. Please!

I prefer to use the Account name in Guild chat tbh. It's easier to remember your guildies by their account name than remembering their 8 alts names.

I agree with the RP social tag or whatever solution they can come up with to allow Rpers to play together in peace.

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. Just a friendly reminder to please stay on-topic in this thread. We'd love to get your input on our upcoming Community Programs here. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    If you'd like to promote guilds, why not give them some visibility in the game instead of just on forums? Only so many players even use the forums.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    If you'd like to promote guilds, why not give them some visibility in the game instead of just on forums? Only so many players even use the forums.

They are planning to do that for a post launch patch. It has been said several times in interviews and such.
  • Outer_Heaven
    Is there any way we could have a suggestions section where you allow players to suggest things that we would like to see added to the game? That way you would be able to see what players support.
  • nhisso
    nhisso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be quite easy for you guys to allow more choice in the game. *SPOILERS* DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT IN THIS COMMENT IF YOU DON'T WANT AN EP QUEST SPOILED***********************************************

As an example, the Sathram Plantation in Stonefalls: I should have been able to do more. Instead, I was forced to help a disgusting slave owner. It's bad enough that I had to do that, but this is an exceptionally cruel slave owner. I would have never done that in a million years on my Nord. However, I might have as a dark elf ;).

So my point? Why can't devs. give players easily added options in games? Im so tired of not having choices and options in video games. Seriously, how hard would it have been to let me choose sides in the Sathram quests?! All you would have had to do is put a warning that said "Choosing this option will prohibit you from assisting others on this quest in the future". I think common sense would allow for most of us to realize we'd see the plantation differently, client-side, than other players depending on our choices. I feel like ESO really screwed the proverbial pooch on a lot of choice related stuff. There is NO reason we can't be warned about client-side changes and be allowed to kill NPCs and/or choose how we want to do some of the quests. We need a "justice system", too. It's really weird that I can steal right in front of someone's face lol! :(
    Edited by nhisso on April 18, 2014 11:50PM
  • Nefar
    Nefar
    ✭✭
    I don't see anything on the link you provided that tells us in detail what each program is going to consist of, it merely looks like your fishing for data.

As for battlefield stories, I can't come up with many good ones as every time I've gone out to Cyrodil and tried to use siege weaponry, the camera angles are so utterly horrible I just get frustrated and leave the map.
    Edited by Nefar on May 2, 2014 6:54PM
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GUILD FEATURES:
    We do need some more features in guilds:
    In bank have better search options , cross guild bank listening , maybe skills based on your contribution to guild

BATTLEMASTER’S CORNER:
    I do wanna see other players armor / stats in game and out also be able to see the posts on what they have accomplished in their builds.
  • Chryos
    Chryos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could we get a special Halloween event, like zones littered with thousands of zombies and skellies?

(mainly holiday community events, festivals etc.)
    Edited by Chryos on April 23, 2014 4:56PM
    If I am going to quote someone, it's going to be me.
  • sirnonagon
    Nefar wrote: »
    I don't see anything on that community programs link you provided that tells us in detail what a program is to give you any type of opinion. Looks like your fishing for data more than anything.

You want battlefield stories.. Here is one put up that siege! Wait, I did and I can't aim it worth a damn because these camera angles are utterly horrible. Perhaps Camelot Unchained will get it right.
    Looked up Camelot Unchained, got very interested, noticed all the terrible spelling and sentence errors on the website, nevermind. Edit: may not be pay2play, but sure is Pay2Win. hey, give us more money than anyone should ever do, and you get all this cool stuff noone else can get, including things that make the gameplay easier!! sucks for the non-wealthy.

Edited by sirnonagon on April 30, 2014 2:21AM
  • Rastaban
    Rastaban
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official thread to discuss the blog article New Community Programs.

It would be nice if the "View from Tamriel" or one of the other programs allowed us to share roleplay stories too, stories we are making with our character in game. So far it seems like a screenshot and a short note is all that is warranted but I bet people would like to share their RP experiences in a more detailed story format.
  • Moonchilde
    Moonchilde
    ✭✭✭
    Want to do something GREAT for the community?

FIX THE BUGS!!!
    If you read through the article The Road Ahead you'd see that fixing bugs and stopping gold farmers is their priority right now.

I was cheering while reading that article. Great news guys, and thank you for such an awesome game! Even with the known issues, I cannot think of an MMO that rivals ESO in how fun it has been right at launch, and how vast and immersive it is. Its like playing Skyrim, but with other people around.

I think most MMO players look for longevity in a game they subscribe to, and this makes ESO a great choice in that regard. I've been playing Elder Scrolls games since Daggerfall, and I know how much lore and content there is to draw upon, which means there is a ton of great things we can look forward to seeing in the game.

The kind of game that has everything in it right on release is (usually) a console game, which this is not. That type of product expectation might be what is confusing some players and leading to their rants about what ESO 'doesn't have'. Even if they storm out, I will bet you they'll return when they realize this a much bigger project than a console title, and as the world grows, they will want to experience the stuff they didn't have patience for at first.
    Edited by Moonchilde on May 4, 2014 7:30PM
  • cracker81
    cracker81
    ✭✭✭
    Hello ESO Team,

I was wondering anyway of getting a Jail system/bounty for players put in? As in if a player select another player and was able to choose to make player friendly/neutral/hostile would be able to attack said player outside of a town. Now said player that was attacked could report that player to local authorities or place bounty on his head from the fighters guild and other players could accept the bounty. Now if the player was a vampire/werewolf at the time would be free game due to lore. In my opinion would add more depth as well as consequences for ones actions. Will you be opening the world up more as in letting other factions go to the other faction areas? As like if a player goes there they would get spy/sabotage quest for that area and it would be challenging due to other players could attack you and enemy guards. If phasing you think would be an issue just you link them to certain quest cross factions. If a issue ppl camping lower ppl just have enemy faction flagged when stepping into enemy area but not be able to attack that faction unless attacked. You could use neutral/hostile so the person does not accidently attacks enemy player and make a system where a person could report to local authorities where place a maker on the map where last sighted and 2 to 3 guards of said lvl of player would be dispatched in that area for about 30 seconds to a minute.
    Would you put player houses/Caves in the game? As like house for said players in certain locations, guild house or caves in certain locations for vampires/werewolf dens as in for a guild but you would have to pay and extra 5 dollars every 3 months.
    Edited by cracker81 on June 25, 2014 2:07PM