Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
We’ll be pushing a new patch during our regularly scheduled maintenance time tomorrow. The full patch notes will be available during the maintenance period, but we wanted to share the highlights with you now since they were a direct result of your feedback:
  • We have fixed issues with several quests that were blocking main quest progression. Those include Crossing the Chasm, Castle of the Worm, and The Army of Meridia.
  • We have fixed the issue with Liberation of Northpoint. The quest is now completable.
  • We have fixed several issues with Banished Cells that were making it uncompletable.
  • We have made many other quest fixes.
  • We have implemented many new things to thwart gold farmers, spammers, and botters.
In-Progress Updates
In addition to the fixes going live tomorrow, we want to give you a status update on some of the other hot issues we’re working on.

Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

Long Loading Times/Social Lag – Some people have been experiencing long loading times, guild chat lag, and other social systems lag, especially during peak times. We are aware of this and are actively investigating it. As soon as we have a fix, we will push it live.

Dungeon Treasure Chests – Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it’s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and concerns with us. We’ll continue to read and listen, and update you on known issues and their status.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking good other than the Public Dungeon bosses, that's a serious hit on people's ability to grind items/money.

I think you're going to see a lot more backlash from angry players who use bosses than those complaining right now they can't get the achievements.
    While I'm not against there being something done to fix the issue this might be a little too strong a nerf over all, I hope the timers is something friendly like 5min and not a super hard one.

Any news on if the UI teams will be adding faster options to report gold spammers? There are a lot of people who would like to see an option where we can choose "report gold seller" and that option sends an automated report to the GM team and adds that player to your ignore list automatically.
    Otherwise a fast ignore player option in the mail screen would be a wonderful addition.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • berkajerk
    berkajerk
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this. This is exactly the type of communication that we, the community, need to hear.
  • rich-dragonb14a_ESO
    rich-dragonb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Any news on a fix for the Vampirism ability cost reduction that stops working after you log/change instances or the stealth movement that stops working when you die?
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • lairedae
    lairedae
    ✭✭
    As someone who doesn't have the desire to sit there waiting to be able to do enough damage to be able to even LOOT the public dungeon bosses, I'm grateful to see that change incoming.

I'm a bit concerned about the bank fix not being retroactive, but I'm trusting/hoping you guys will still be able to help those of us that have been hit with the bug.
  • derpmonster
    derpmonster
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't it make more sense to make the boss monsters somewhat harder to kill so they aren't insta-gibbed instantly when they spawn? Increase their health/damage/resistance based on how many people are near? The proposed changes won't fix the actual problem just make it more tedious getting the blue item we want from them.

Wouldn't that be a less negative way of fixing them problem?
    Edited by derpmonster on April 14, 2014 11:09PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it make more sense to make the boss monsters somewhat harder to kill so they aren't insta-gibbed instantly when they spawn? Increase their health/damage/resistance based on how many people are near? The proposed changes won't fix the actual problem just make it more tedious getting the blue item we want from them.

The problem then would be when people aren't around farming them the small group of players or even solo player who wants to kill it would be in trouble trying on their own.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Visur
    Visur
    Anything about pvp quest or something else for doing veterans levels in RvR ?
  • cymatt
    cymatt
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the Quest: Motes in the Moonlight in your List, its a hard progress Block plz fix this too ...
  • Carde
    Carde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Could you at least look into maybe increasing the drop rate of the bosses unique item then? Since we're pretty much going to be just passing through once to clear the dungeon, it'd be nice if we didn't have to just sit there and wait longer to get the item if we wanted it.

Just let us kill it, get our item and move along since staying in the dungeons seems to be pointless. This would prevent people from farming it too hard as well as let the people who just want to get their item and leave do so.
    Member of the Psijic Order PTS Group
  • Atreidus
    Atreidus
    ✭✭✭
    The waitingtime for boss loot is the last junk. /edit: you wait ages for getting the wished part from an boss and Zenimax is going to lock that possible loot. So it will take ages more(if it isnt even impossible). I dont pay for that.
    Edited by Atreidus on April 14, 2014 11:21PM
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Now was that so hard?

Even if for me it means I still won´t be starting my sub this Tuesday due to the missing bank-bug fix.
    So I guess you guys are trying to test my patience to the max(aka. next weekend). :\
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 14, 2014 11:18PM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Comet201
    Comet201
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update on missing bank items/skill points
    Character: Aeries, v14 DK DC
    Guilds: No Mercy, Lion Guard
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

I don't think there's a facepalm picture meaningful enough to express how I feel about this. I really, sincerely hope that the loot timer only kicks in after you get the unique item from the boss. Public dungeons don't need to be made anymore useless than they already are.

Honestly, I don't see the difference between this and the "daily" dungeons used in other games. I would also think that the "timers" will be much shorter. But then again I am not someone who is prone to farming for a particular item.
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • cala4001_ESO
    cala4001_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hoping to see werewolf fixes in the full list tomorrow
  • roberto_azevedo._ub17_ESO
    Nothing on Graveyard of Ships? It has been bugged for almost a week now.
  • Delith
    Delith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really happy about the loot nerfs to public dungeons. I hope it deters people from standing in huge groups waiting for spawns, and they will just kill it once and leave.

Not everything has to reward us with unique drops every time.
  • Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭
    Good job on the changes to public dungeons.
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭

Dungeon Treasure Chests – Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it’s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

I am finding this one a bit confusing, maybe I am asking for to much detail to soon. By "everyone" does that mean everyone in an area near the boss, or everyone who gets a hit in on the boss, or everyone in my party?

Oh and btw, thanks for the update.

(edited for content)
    Edited by Jadeviper1974 on April 14, 2014 11:49PM
    What is written above are my honest opinions. If you agree then; "Great!" If you disagree; "Great!" I really couldn't care less either way.
  • Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭

I am finding this one a bit confusing, maybe I am asking for to much detail to soon. By "everyone" does that mean everyone in an area near the boss, or everyone who gets a hit in on the boss, or everyone in my party?

(edited for content)

Everyone in the party, I'd say, since it refers to instanced dungeons, not the public ones.

• Devourous
    Devourous
    ✭✭

Great news that a solution is underway to solve the ridiculous economy breaking grind fest encountered by all payers at the end of every public dungeon. Finally as the player reaches the climax of their mini adventure, instead of meeting the boss, they are met by a pile of boss corpses and a clutch of stealth-ed players with bows pointing towards the very same pile. (plus a gathering of other players that sometimes more than the number of fans at a cricket match!
    Turelus wrote: »
    Looking good other than the Public Dungeon bosses, that's a serious hit on people's ability to grind items/money.

I think you're going to see a lot more backlash from angry players who use bosses than those complaining right now they can't get the achievements.

The seemingly regular use of the "grind" word especially in the context of justifying questionable necessary activities within a game, is in my view a little short sighted, implying no other option. I trust any game timer is long, very long, very very long, to the point where it's in no one's interest to hang around collecting more gold, or additional low quality items. Once you have the Boss loot, go enjoy the rest of the game and have your adventure elsewhere! The "grind" negatively impacts on all areas of game, lowering financial values, item rarity, environment quality and any semblance of immersion for 100% of players.

Zenimax please nerf this out of existence and let the other 99.9% of us enjoy the great game u intended. Protect the challenge, adventure, story and environment and in so doing benefit the in game economy, item rarity and player immersion. I trust Zenimax and Paul Sage in particular will avoid the horrible childish trappings of so many other MMO's, preferring instead to carve out a more mature and creative path that makes this game unique in the MMO market place!
  • Vyndeleron
    Vyndeleron
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Folsom #1 Community Manager :3
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    These fixes sound excellent. Thank you for giving us a bit of a preview.
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

(edited for content)

That would be in regards to instanced dungeons (4 man group), so everyone in your party would get loot from the chest that opened.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carde wrote: »

Quoted for truth... they're already a pretty poor way to farm anything in VR's, exp stinks in them and now loot will stink. What are "delves"? Do they mean group public dungeons by that?
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Soul Shriven
    Any idea when the "An Unknown Error Has Occurred" bug will be addressed? Or even just acknowledged...
  • robertlive2014
    robertlive2014
    ✭✭✭
    I think public dungeon boss farming is mostly seen on lower level maps. Perhaps the development team would consider putting off this change in the veteran content until it is shown to be a problem there too. Low level characters are often farming/crafting alts, or simply new players whose behavior is, for lack of a better word, "greedy".
  • Jadeviper1974
    Jadeviper1974
    ✭✭✭
    Endolith wrote: »

(edited for content)

Everyone in the party, I'd say, since it refers to instanced dungeons, not the public ones.

Ahhh, I missed that one little word.
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

The problem then would be when people aren't around farming them the small group of players or even solo player who wants to kill it would be in trouble trying on their own.

This could be solved by making them scalable.
    The more people trying to kill the boss the more HP it has.
    That way everyone gets a chance regardless of how many is trying to kill it.
  • jb1b84
    jb1b84
    Ugh please tell me you mean something else when you say the bank fix will not be retroactive. That will pretty much kill this game for me