Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag bal Fight

bloodenragedb14_ESO
bloodenragedb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
he is impossible to kill. please make it group accessible or something, im a mage and a vampire.

you pride yourselves on play your way but playing my way makes this boss fight a impossible obstacle

Edit: someone please close this thread. i beat bal along time ago and even posted how i did so.
Edited by bloodenragedb14_ESO on April 22, 2014 11:02AM
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i want to add that its impossible to upgrade your gear beyond veteran rank 1 without the ability to enter veteran zones, which the completion of this quest blocks.

bal ignores my summons and go straight for me, my summons do not last more than 2 seconds. entering poison mist form doesnt stop the control effects of bal's attacks.

there is no "play your way" here.
  • Xetjar
    Xetjar
    I agree, having no class heals I tried to use a resto staff, lvl'd it up and foolishy put points into it.

I ended up with me backpeddling, the heals doing nothing at all, and I was killed before he got to like 95% lol.

There is indeed no "Play your way" here, If I would want a healing class ability, It's a channeling one, and I'd have to level a class tree alot.

Either the boss should get a big health drop, or the buff you get from the amulet increases more damage + gives a Healing over time.
  • South_of_Heaven
    South_of_Heaven
    ✭✭✭
    Why did you make another thread about it...?
    Edited by South_of_Heaven on April 10, 2014 10:18AM
  • Xetjar
    Xetjar
    Actually, trying to go full dmg shield, I managed to easily solo him.

I took no damage at all, due to always having a damage shield up.

... That was easier than I thought. o.o
  • mrtuxy2cub18_ESO
    I can't kill him :( the titans wreck me
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bal himself might be killable if both the titans and the one hit kill breath attack he does were removed, thats what im having trouble with. i can poison mist him to about 85 before he calls the titans, thats when i get trashed, even going into continous poison mist doesnt help. hell the fact that i have to continous poison mist should be a sign itself that the fight is broken. plus my poison mist is supposed to protect me from all control effects but bal always seems to get that stagger attack in, no matter where i am, and then that one hit kill breath attack comes after
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, i was able to beat him, but only barely, had to use the light armor damage shield and the conjuration damage shield nearly every 5 seconds, poison mist my way through the titans, but i did it. this does not change my opinion on the fact that it needs to be nerfed however.
  • Perseas
    Perseas
    ✭✭✭
    i did it while ago and first try!! I didnt died! All smooth and nice and for the records, my first character is Sorc summoner/heal
    Edited by Perseas on April 12, 2014 12:09AM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He's a Daedric Prince. He's supposed to be difficult to beat.
    Edited by Tabbycat on April 12, 2014 2:38AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gotten to this fight yet.
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    I have four titans. I am guessing if you don't kill them on the way to him you play with them during the fight.
  • vincent.hennequineb17_ESO
    This boss is not a big deal at all...
    But... if you have got 900 hp as most of lvl 45+ players have, and stay in the aoe like most of players do, it will be hard, that's for sure :D
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gelston wrote: »
    I have four titans. I am guessing if you don't kill them on the way to him you play with them during the fight.

No he spawns a bunch of titans. Nothing to do with those you see before. Titans are easily dealt with by holding block. After that it is just and endurance match.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is a rather easy fight actually, after messing with him abit, I wish there was some way to repair my gear considering how many times I've died, my biggest obstacle now is that I have to choose, block his heavy attack and eat the front cone aoe, or not block and just try to dodge roll back far enough for it to not hit me, wasting my stamina and thus nerfing my self heal(using blood craze + swallow soul as my main heals)
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • cubansyrusb16_ESO
    cubansyrusb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I killed him on my DK by kiting him around the rock while my HP regened
    I was in level 49 crafted gear, no enchants with armour % trait.

Don't nerf it.
  • rait1121
    rait1121
    Soul Shriven
    I can admit that the fight is hard, I got him down maybe 10% the first few times and it wasn't till attempt about 10 that I took him down after trying about 4 different strategies, just try something new. I think my end plan was a lot of running, damage over time abilities and a healing staff I had never used in combat before that fight.

- Sorcerer in light armour
    Edited by rait1121 on April 13, 2014 4:12AM
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At first I thought this was a sarcastic topic...

Are people really having trouble with him? I thought the last quest after they turn you into a god was a breeze, I was slicing through titans and everything like they were hot butter. Molag Bal himself wasn't much harder, I can't remember if I even needed health potions.

I was a Nightblade with 2 hand sword.. average green gear.
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    Well. I tried again today, and this time I just straight up destroyed him. and then it bugged out. And now he is Molag Bal the happy. He just stands there at 0 health and smiles at me and some ethereal ghost sword thing follows me around.
  • Hodorius
    Hodorius
    ✭✭✭
    That´s a really easy fight as a Nightblade.
    The only problem was that I was wearing my tank stuff...
    All the rest was at the bank.

Still easy.

Edit: I had that 0 hp problem too.
    I traveld to afriend and directly back .
    Quest restarted... abd I had another "firstkill" still in my tanking clothes.
    Edited by Hodorius on April 13, 2014 11:40AM
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I logged out for 10 minutes, redid it all and the animation worked this time.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannot kill him, either he one shots me with his followup to that heavy attack or the titans get me, either way I can't kill him and I'm about to give up with this stupid ass game, I play to have fun with my friends, not rage over dying 20 times to molag bal. And that is no exaggeration, this mofucker will not die. I couldn't imagine how hard I would rage if I actually killed and he bugged and I had to do it again. I'm giving it one more try, and if I don't finally beat him, I'm ending this worthless sub.
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think nerfing is the answer. Changing this up to allow grouping is the answer imho.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg, I give up. I'm done, 30 deaths is enough for me, please tone down the titans kthx.
  • Gelston
    Gelston
    ✭✭✭
    Titans are easy. Hold down block when they appear and they pretty much kill themselves. You still need to get out of the way of that ground attack thing they do though.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have fought him with a Templar and yesterday a Nightblade. They were in greens. He is doable. It takes some time.

As long as you have a self heal (Siphoning on my NB) you can survive. I used a bow mostly, but would jump into melee when my health was full and wack him a few times, use my DPS ultimate. I never used stamina to dodge, just ran.

My method was to keep moving. You can see when he is going to leap. You can see where the AoE rain is going to land. Don't be in that spot.

The titans will go down, you have about 10x your normal DPS because of the buff. If they get close just flat out turn and run, then turn and DPS. I recommend you have a bow or destro staff. The bow is nice because even with no skill points it does decent DPS with light attacks, fires fast, and costs nothing. Although you could even whittle them down with a resto staff.

Some people who insist on doing only melee are going to have a hard time in this game. Bal is not the only fella who might give you troubles in VR when you refuse to consider using some ranged DPS.

I do not think I have the skill on any class to just stand there in melee and kill everything I have encountered in this game.

I carry a bow and healing staff, do not use either very often. But now and then they are life savers. I also try to keep a skill point or two in reserve just in case I need to stick a point in something to get past an encounter.

People who cannot handle getting killed a time (or 10) to figure stuff out will not like this game, but having to adapt is what makes me keep coming back.

If you cannot get by Molag without rage quitting, then you were not likely to enjoy soloing VR content anyway. It does not get easier.
    Edited by Yankee on April 13, 2014 4:07PM
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to play my way, which is melee, I have a bow for back up but I use it for pvp mostly so I only have poison injection and scatter shot + a point in the first 2 passives, I want to be a melee character, I don't want to be forced to play something I don't want to play just to get past a single encounter, I kill 2 titans before their fire damage overwhelms me, there's 5 of them, my computer can't handle 5 titans spewing fire aoes at me + molag bal, I'm not a tank, stop trying to force me into roles I don't want to play. If you have a good time, and an easy time playing something you don't normal play that's awesome I'm happy for you, but I want to play the melee character I made. (: I want to be able to handle any situation with the character I've built for myself, I shouldn't be able to solo absolutely everything, but I should definitely be able to solo something that's required to be solo'd, with any spec I damn well please. Especially, when it's required to progress further into the game, and that part about the titans I'm also a vampire, this is ridiculous. Play your way, being forced to play an archer a mage a healer or a tank or w/e the *** else is not playing my way. Content made to be solo'd should be soloable by any class, any spec, any build.
  • indhyrocksssb14_ESO
    indhyrocksssb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    As a summoner sorcerer with destruction staff I found him impossible and quite frustrating. After reading here that blocking the titans would reflect the damage (thanks for that info :D) they were easy to kill but Molag Bal would one shot me pretty fast. I never spent a point in stamina and not many in health. So I went back to town, bought a restoration staff and spent a skill point in grand healing. Didn't use my familiar, only my winged twilight.

Then I just ran around, saving my stamina to get out of his AoE and healing myself when needed. Using heavy attacks on him and running away. That made for quite a long fight but I was able to do it.
    Before the restoration staff, I got killed about 50 times. Seriously. After I got it I did it in the first try. So I guess you need at least one healing ability for this fight. I had potions but they weren't enough.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo Finally beat him, switched out my dual wield for a bow, which I'd rather not have done, but I beat him, that tip about blocking the titans was very useful, thanks.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to play my way, which is melee, I have a bow for back up but I use it for pvp mostly so I only have poison injection and scatter shot + a point in the first 2 passives, I want to be a melee character, I don't want to be forced to play something I don't want to play just to get past a single encounter, I kill 2 titans before their fire damage overwhelms me, there's 5 of them, my computer can't handle 5 titans spewing fire aoes at me + molag bal, I'm not a tank, stop trying to force me into roles I don't want to play. If you have a good time, and an easy time playing something you don't normal play that's awesome I'm happy for you, but I want to play the melee character I made. (: I want to be able to handle any situation with the character I've built for myself, I shouldn't be able to solo absolutely everything, but I should definitely be able to solo something that's required to be solo'd, with any spec I damn well please. Especially, when it's required to progress further into the game, and that part about the titans I'm also a vampire, this is ridiculous. Play your way, being forced to play an archer a mage a healer or a tank or w/e the *** else is not playing my way. Content made to be solo'd should be soloable by any class, any spec, any build.

I do not personally care how you play or what you do. I am sure some have beat Molag in melee only. I just could not.

But I am glad you made a small compromise and beat him.

Congratz.

Edited by Yankee on April 13, 2014 5:38PM
  • Kaifus
    Kaifus
    Soul Shriven
    The only thing you need to care about in this fight is the Titanfall (sorry) for the pun. Hold block down and reflect the Titan breath back at them and they die in a shot or two.

The Mage skill entropy comes in real handy too. DOT / HOT ftw. Throw up a damage shield occasionally and you should be good to go. Just duck, dive dodge and dodge some more.

It is not a hard fight once you figure out how to reflect the Titan crap back at them.