Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Takes long time for objects/players/npc's to show up on screen ?

j_labbeb16_ESO
j_labbeb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Alright here's the issue I've been having since beta.

PvE
If I mount up and run to wards a quest giver or a NPC I'll get to where they should be but then it takes a while for them to actually show up on my screen.. Even the environment takes a while to actually show up.

This causes me to commonly fall through stairs/bridges (if they're not fully loaded)
I'll run through a horde of Mobs with out even knowing cause they don't show up then I get ganked by invisible mobs that I can not fight back or defend myself
Or I'll be standing there waiting for the vendor to show up so I can repair/sell/buy
I commonly get snagged on Walls/fences/rocks cause I have no idea they are there until they actually show up...

PvP
This whole issue is the main reason I haven't been PvPing at all, I'll be running then BAM I'm dead. Then slowly a bunch of other alliance players start appearing on my screen and I'll realize I've ran right into a zerg with out even knowing.

It seems like it would be a ping/legacy related issue, I live on Vancouver Island BC Canada and I'm on the North American server. I have high speed internet and never had this issue in any other game I've ever played.. I have a wireless network card in my PC, I can switch to a wired card but I don't think that would solve the issue since the router/modem is in the same room as my PC and right beside it to add..

Just wondering if anyone out there is having the same issue, or if anyone seen any possible fixes?

Thanks for your time

-Labathor
Edited by j_labbeb16_ESO on April 3, 2014 7:27AM
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be one or a combination of several reasons.

Your computer might not be up to spec re: cpu, dram, gpu, drivers. Try running the game with graphics settings at Low or Off (where the option exists).

You could be having problems with your wireless connection. Even though your router might be right next to your computer, many things can interfere with the signal and add latency.

Your isp's Internet connection to the ESO server might be having latency problems. Try doing a tracert or pathping to the server. The server ip is 198.20.200.x where x is less than 256.

Finally, it could be ESO's fault. You could be playing at peak times where there is heavier server load. For me, the servers have been fine.
    Edited by wrlifeboil on April 3, 2014 8:08AM
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Wrlifeboil,

I had the thought it could be my hardware more so my CPU perhaps, though I have tried running the game on all settings and there's no changes.

AMD Phenom II X4 oc'ed to 4.22gh (I have really good cooling)
    8gig ram
    two GTS 450's (1gig cards)

I've tried pinging the server with Command Prompt but no luck, can't figure out the IP address of the US mega server.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Wrlifeboil,

I had the thought it could be my hardware more so my CPU perhaps, though I have tried running the game on all settings and there's no changes.

AMD Phenom II X4 oc'ed to 4.22gh (I have really good cooling)
    8gig ram
    two GTS 450's (1gig cards)

I've tried pinging the server with Command Prompt but no luck, can't figure out the IP address of the US mega server.

If you are pinging 198.20.200.44 (for example) and not getting responses because of your firewall, then tracert and pathping won't work either.

If you can find your way around that, to find the ip address of the server you are connected to, you can do:

perfmon /res

from the cmd window as administrator if you are running Windows Vista, 7, or 8.

Check the perfmon Network tab while you are logged on to ESO. The server ip will be associated with eso.exe and the one receiving ~500B/sec while standing still.
  • Citrus333
    Citrus333
    Happening to me as well since I started, fairly annoying as I have not had this problem on any other MMO I play.

Any information on how to fix would be amazing, it's really immersion breaking to be standing in what looks like an empty open area then suddenly houses and merchant and players appear out of nowhere.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Not uncommon for me to be running in the environment and get stuck inside of a tree/rock due to this. Then having to use the /stuck to get out.. Big pain in the butt.
  • Jash0385ub17_ESO
    Yes this is a problem I keep having...please help....my computer exceeds the minimum requirements....
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I've added ESO to my firewall, even tried running the game with my firewall disabled and no anti virus and regardless it hasn't made any differences.
    Edited by ZOS_SeanF on April 5, 2014 4:00AM
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Running the game from a mechanical HDD can cause that too. I got the client installed on both HDD and SDD, for performance comparison reasons, and the old HDD sometimes does exactly that.
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Citrus333
    Citrus333
    It doesn't say in the recommended specs that you need to play it off a SDD just to play the game properly though, and also this was not happening during the beta, at least for me it wasn't.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, I'll move the game onto a spare SSD drive I have tomorrow if I'm not to hung over and try.

Will post back the results, but from what I've noticed is only the computer boots up faster and programs are faster to start when they are on a SSD vrs a HDD. That goes for wow, diablo3, CS:GO, Thief and few other titles I've played in the past.

I don't recon it's going to be a fix but at this point anything is worth a try at least.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Hi Everyone,

The issue with NPC's, players, or objects not loading right away may have a couple different causes. We have a few troubleshooting steps you can try that may help resolve the problem.

1. Make sure your video card drivers are up to date.
    • Nvidia Video Cards: http://www.nvidia.com click "Drivers" and choose Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products.
    • AMD Video Cards: http://www.amd.com click "Drivers & Support" and click the "Find your driver" button.
    • Other Video Cards: You should contact the computers manufacturer for driver updates.

2. Lower your graphic settings in game. If you are at the Character Selection screen, you can change the video settings by clicking on the word Settings on the left-hand side, then making sure Video is selected. Set the graphics to minimum and also turn off grass.

3. Try making a change to your UserSettings.txt file.
    • Go to your "My Documents/The Elder Scrolls Online" folder.
    • Open the folder in there called "Live."
    • Check to see if there is a file called "UserSettings.txt"
    • Locate the line "SET RequestedNumThreads "X"
    • Change the X from whatever number it may be to 0 first
    • If you still have the issue, up the number by 1 and try again.
    • (Example: You may have better results with it set to 3)

4. Try repairing the client files. There may be corruption in the game files causing the files to not load properly.
    • First, start The Elder Scrolls Online launcher by double clicking on the icon on your desktop.
    • Wait for the launcher to finish loading.
    • On the left-hand side of the launcher, there will be an entry for The Elder Scrolls Online.
    • If multiple games are installed, make sure to have the correct game highlighted by clicking on it once.
    • Click on Game Option on top of the News section, and click on the option for Repair.
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This will take some time.
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Please let us know if you have success with any of these steps listed.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

The issue with NPC's, players, or objects not loading right away may have a couple different causes. We have a few troubleshooting steps you can try that may help resolve the problem.

Drivers are up to date :)

2. Lower your graphic settings in game. If you are at the Character Selection screen, you can change the video settings by clicking on the word Settings on the left-hand side, then making sure Video is selected. Set the graphics to minimum and also turn off grass.
    No matter what video settings it makes no differences

Did this, I recall it was "3" by default on Beta I believe, there was that issue where the game would completely freeze up for 3+ seconds randomly and the CPU would shoot up to 100% usage. The fix was moving this number to zero, I tried one, two and three only to have the random freezing come back, the higher the number the worse it would get.

4. Try repairing the client files. There may be corruption in the game files causing the files to not load properly.
    Did try repairing the client with no success, in the first Beta event I was in where the watermarks were still on the screen my computer would run the game like a hot knife through butter. Then the freezing and slow loading of environment and players came in the later Betas.

I've also haven't had the time today to move the game over to my SSD

• Saerydoth
    Saerydoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The SSD will make a MASSIVE difference, trust me. Especially if you're running from a slower hard drive.

What does this setting do exactly? I have an i7-4770k and was thinking about testing different values to see if it changed performance.

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Saerydoth wrote: »
    What does this setting do exactly? I have an i7-4770k and was thinking about testing different values to see if it changed performance.

From what I'm guessing is it's the amount of frames your cpu will prerender ahead. I don't fully know but it was causing a lot of issues for players back in the last few betas that would cause random freezes lasting anywhere from 3 seconds to 20 seconds at random.

It doesn't hurt to try changing the value, just do it in a busy town or PvP where a lot is happening so you can see if there's a difference or not.

• j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Moved it onto the SSD,

Loading screens are a bit faster and that's about all, the main issue still remains :(
    Edited by j_labbeb16_ESO on April 7, 2014 1:45PM
  • Socratic
    Socratic
    ✭✭✭
    I use to get this on TSW in London post office, was deff a rendering issue for me, was on my laptop though with hd400 intel so no wonder.
  • lionheartssjcub18_ESO
    Hi Everyone,

Drivers are up to date :)

No matter what video settings it makes no differences

Did this, I recall it was "3" by default on Beta I believe, there was that issue where the game would completely freeze up for 3+ seconds randomly and the CPU would shoot up to 100% usage. The fix was moving this number to zero, I tried one, two and three only to have the random freezing come back, the higher the number the worse it would get.

Did try repairing the client with no success, in the first Beta event I was in where the watermarks were still on the screen my computer would run the game like a hot knife through butter. Then the freezing and slow loading of environment and players came in the later Betas.

I've also haven't had the time today to move the game over to my SSD

I'm still having the problem as well.
  • Iippo82
    Iippo82
    Got also this problem, mobs,npc,items etc load slow sometimes, tested different graph options and different drivers.

Sometimes i see that someone start hitting me and when i get /reloadui im already dead.

and it's not that my pc is to low specced,
    Nvidia GTX660 Ti, intel i7-4770 proceccor and 16 gigs momery, game is installed to ssd drive
  • KaiyuYukai
    KaiyuYukai
    Soul Shriven
    I had this problem. The fix for me was to open Task Manager, go to the Procceses tab, right click "eso.exe" and Set Priority to High.
    Edited by KaiyuYukai on April 9, 2014 2:57AM
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am continuing to have this problem. I only recently started having this problem. I have recently:

1. Replaced 7200 rpm HDD for Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD.
    2. Performed fresh install of Windows 8.1.
    3. Installed latest Catalyst drivers for the AMD HD6950 I have.

It ran great then a day or two later (a few days ago) it started running terribly. It takes 10-20 seconds for NPCs, players, and objects to appear. I have died from mobs I can't even see! The game is unplayable.

I have:

1. Lowered graphics settings. No change.
    2. Tested internet connection. Screaming fast.
    3. Performed a repair. No change.
    4. Changed RequestedNumThreads. No change.
    5. Replaced SATA cable. No change.
    6. Cleaned SATA connectors. No change.
    7. Fully uninstalled and reinstalled ESO. No change.
    8. Banged head on desk. Headache.

I don't know what is going on and I have run out of ideas to fix it. Please help.
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9. I set priority of eso.exe to High. No change.
  • j_labbeb16_ESO
    j_labbeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KaiyuYukai wrote: »
    I had this problem. The fix for me was to open Task Manager, go to the Procceses tab, right click "eso.exe" and Set Priority to High.

Just tried this as well, didn't make any changes.

Interesting to see that someone running these PC specs is having the same issues as I was considering upgrading my Mobo/Cpu/Ram to the same, glad I waited.

Iippo82 wrote: »
    Got also this problem, mobs,npc,items etc load slow sometimes, tested different graph options and different drivers.

Sometimes i see that someone start hitting me and when i get /reloadui im already dead.

and it's not that my pc is to low specced,
    Nvidia GTX660 Ti, intel i7-4770 proceccor and 16 gigs momery, game is installed to ssd drive

• bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tested with graphics settings a bit and found that when i have it on medium its almost instant. I have a AMD Radeon HD 6670 GPU, if i upgrade that (which i plan on) will i be able to see better results on a higher setting? (high or Ultra-high?) I also have a WB blue TB HDD, i don't know if that HDD has any problems with being slow or not.
    ~Thallen~
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players also load befote npcs, which annoys me to no end when I stop moving because of friendly npc collision and end up waiting forever to load say, Davon's Watch banker with 30 people in the room.
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTS450..so what? This card is even slower than a GTX280. A HD6670 is even slower than this really slow card is.
    I hope you don´t excpect ESO to run optimal at a 5yrs old Hardware? Try tweaking your system or files...but at the end of the day you´ll have to face, that one day the time has come to upgrade ;)
    May also be, that it is a Driver thing.

@bosmern_ESO‌ youl probably will see an improvement, but only if your cpu can handle it. To most ppl I´d say "better buy a CPU upgrade first" but in case of a GTS450 or HD6670 there is no doubt, that the GPU affects the performance. But when your CPU gets the bottleneck after GPU upgrade maybe you see no improvement.
    Edited by Apokh on April 9, 2014 10:29AM
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • notoriouspiebanditrwb17_ESO
    I was having this problem all the time on my laptop, which struggled to play the game even on lower settings. However I recently bought a new PC for $1600 and I haven't seen this problem since. This problem was worse when my laptop began overheating and I had to often stop playing the game.
    But on my PC, on the same internet connection, on the highest settings I have never had this problem. I know it's not very helpful but upgrading your hardware might be the way to go.
  • mosryanb14_ESO
    I started having this issue last night - no issues at all before then
    I will try the suggestions given, but doubt it will help - seeing as no issues prior to last night
  • FooL42
    FooL42
    ✭✭
    I'm amazed that I haven't seen any mention of mods/plugins. If you have any plugins installed and running, turn them all off. See if that fixes, and if so re-enable them one at a time.
  • mosryanb14_ESO
    no mods or plugins on my end - cannot test fixes out until tonight tho
  • Citrus333
    Citrus333
    Apokh wrote: »
    GTS450..so what? This card is even slower than a GTX280. A HD6670 is even slower than this really slow card is.
    I hope you don´t excpect ESO to run optimal at a 5yrs old Hardware? Try tweaking your system or files...but at the end of the day you´ll have to face, that one day the time has come to upgrade ;)
    May also be, that it is a Driver thing.

@bosmern_ESO‌ youl probably will see an improvement, but only if your cpu can handle it. To most ppl I´d say "better buy a CPU upgrade first" but in case of a GTS450 or HD6670 there is no doubt, that the GPU affects the performance. But when your CPU gets the bottleneck after GPU upgrade maybe you see no improvement.

People with good PCs have been having this problem also, and imo anyone that meets at least the minimum requirements should not be having this problem. I've never seen this issue with any MMO before, and I've played pretty much all of them.