Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Treasure maps

Knuckles19
Greeting "ESO" developers,

Early access was lunched yesterday , so far I've been enjoying myself but theirs a slight dark pigment to my amusement. That is the drop rate of treasure maps.

First , let me say the treasure maps are a wonderful addition to the game. They motivate exploration , add depth and immersion to the game but whats the point to of all that if the drop rate is so low. There are several ways to obtain treasure maps in game.
- random loot from mobs
- random loot from locked chests
- you can buy them from a guild store
Instead of handing out reasons to explore your incredible universe you've created. The player base is forced to result to grinding.

In addition , there are several ways to fix this matter.
- increase the drop rates
- make the maps obtainable by fishing
- make the dirt mounds visible to players with or without maps in their inventory
I'm a completest , there isn't a zone in any "mmo" that I haven't finish. The occasionally grind doesn't bother me but for someone that just wants to go out and see the world on their on steady pace now that is a problem.

Finally , the treasure maps promote exploring , add depth and immersion to game but they shouldn't be a task. Give more reasons to your player base to explore zones you've spent the past couple of years creating.

My regards ,
  • gwynhefar
    gwynhefar
    I completely agree. I've been running around Bal Foyen for hours now, doing nothing but killing mobs and opening chests and I haven't gotten a single map drop. I'm a completest too, and I don't want to leave without the maps!
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    They are pointless. Either make the maps green quality (aka more common) to match the quality of loot contained in the chests, or buff the quality of items to match the blue map. All you get is a random green item that you could find off any random mob. Its hardly "treasure".
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal treasure maps are a bit of a letdown, the loot is mediocre at best, but they do encourage exploration.

In contrast, the CE treasure maps always contain blue items and especially in the beginning can be very helpful in terms of gear.
    I got two great blue weapons out of the one in Bleakrock at level 4 and was still using them at level 6 ...
    ;-)
  • DeepSky
    DeepSky
    Treasure maps are not common in this world or ESO world. Treasure maps dropping all the time would be unrealistic.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So far I'm only finding locked chests to pick when trying to find the treasures using CE treasure maps. I haven't found dropped maps at all.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Hielic
    Hielic
    Yeh have yet to find one so far , in beta i was more lucky i guess .
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Found a few. Only good thing out of them was the empty soul shard and the 23 gold. The items are usually junk.
  • gwynhefar
    gwynhefar
    That's why I think there should be more of them. They need to either up the quality of the items or up the drop rate.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The drops, yes. The pre-order perks, questionable. It would be cited as pay to win.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • gwynhefar
    gwynhefar
    Yeah, I'm just talking about the drops. The preorder perk maps are fine as they are.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeepSky wrote: »
    Treasure maps are not common in this world or ESO world. Treasure maps dropping all the time would be unrealistic.

I total agree with you on this one what is point of have treasure map if will be as common at green gear or money on mobs that would spoil game more blue gear should be hard to get for it is better then green that is whole point of have different color on gear

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    I have looted 1 treasure Map from a locked chest so far it and the CE ones have gotten me blue items every single time.
  • XLord
    XLord
    I have looted 1 treasure Map from a locked chest so far it and the CE ones have gotten me blue items every single time.
    i must be doing something wrong as all i get from the CE treasure maps is 4 green items with a random enchant and no trait (in other words good for destruction).
    done 2 on the starter island and 1 near the first city.

• Phabiusbile
    Phabiusbile
    ✭✭
    Also I waited until I was higher level for the zone I was in to find them. My friend looted them early around level 6 and got items for his level all green. I looted them around level 12 and got blue items at my level. the last one I looted in Auridon I was level 16 and looted lower level blue items. There may be a zone level cap for the rewards.
  • Dragunzar
    Dragunzar
    There suppose to be rare? Your not suppose to find treasure maps willy nilly.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been lucky I guess, found 1 map in a backpack next to a skeleton and another in a dresser. They were #III and IV for first city.
  • nicholas.chinnpreub18_ESO
    I've found 3 so far
    Together we are, a power force, as one mind, body and soul.
    But no evil will enter, or attempt to reduce us, because of the beliefs we hold.
    And with the love, combined with our strength, we ward of pain and stress.
    Devoted we are, wholeheartedly, in life, and in death.

-The children of your rivals, holding guns while reading bibles.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been looting chest all day to make some gold and in about 4 hours times i had all of the maps for roost that did not come with pre order. the loot was ok but what i find funny is how i seem to find maps and cooking things.....but not a damn racial book
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • gwynhefar
    gwynhefar
    I haven't found any racial books either.
  • septimslut
    septimslut
    Soul Shriven
    If you wait to do the treasure maps tip you are a higher level you will most likely get better loot as is the case with all ES games
  • septimslut
    septimslut
    Soul Shriven
    Find racial skill books by going in house's in starter areas and search everything they are everywhere
  • Knuckles19
    I don't really care about the loot from the treasure maps. I only care about the adventure!
  • kenneth.moenb16_ESO
    kenneth.moenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Normal treasure maps are a bit of a letdown, the loot is mediocre at best, but they do encourage exploration.

In contrast, the CE treasure maps always contain blue items and especially in the beginning can be very helpful in terms of gear.
    I got two great blue weapons out of the one in Bleakrock at level 4 and was still using them at level 6 ...
    ;-)

Wrong, they don't always containt blue items. I've found two hidden treasures using the CE maps and found only rubbish items and a couple green items.

Huge.. No no, let me rephrase that, MAJOR let-down.

What the bloody hell is the point in exploring if we're not being justly rewarded for going through the trouble of finding these hidden treasures in the first place?

/humbug
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    At least 1 blue item out of every chest, both CE and regular treasure maps. Feeling a little foxy now. Also you will find crazier items the further up you go on the level or the zone.
  • Hexos
    Hexos
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

;-)

False. I got all greens off my first CE map :(
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong, they don't always containt blue items.
    Hexos wrote: »
    False. I got all greens off my first CE map
    @Hexos @kenneth.moenb16_ESO

Y'all making me feel special now! So far, it's been all blue for me ...
    :)
    Edited by SirAndy on April 4, 2014 9:54PM
  • Saiff
    Saiff
    The loot varies from treasure maps, and honestly I like that they are rare. It makes me excited when one actually drops, "OMG a treasure map". I wouldn't want them to feel like racial motifs... "oh look another Khajit racial motif..."