The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Randomly Disconnects to Login Screen with no Errors

• Kenny_McCormick
    Kenny_McCormick
    ✭✭✭
    trying this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226764/possible-solution-getting-kicked-to-log-in-screen-in-pvp-after-everyone-freezes-but-you however when I ping my mtu I get no loss of packets! so I guess I only had to disable the Large Send Offload and then I think I'm set

tell me if I'm wrong tho!

will come back after awhile of playing and will let you know if this solved my problem for now!
    sorry for quoting myself. but it seems this has fixed my crash to login issue for the time being. I played 2 days with no crash!. but we shall see..my issue has a habit of rearing its ugly head again

• keisarin
    keisarin
    trying this http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226764/possible-solution-getting-kicked-to-log-in-screen-in-pvp-after-everyone-freezes-but-you however when I ping my mtu I get no loss of packets! so I guess I only had to disable the Large Send Offload and then I think I'm set

tell me if I'm wrong tho!

will come back after awhile of playing and will let you know if this solved my problem for now!
    sorry for quoting myself. but it seems this has fixed my crash to login issue for the time being. I played 2 days with no crash!. but we shall see..my issue has a habit of rearing its ugly head again

I tried it, same as you my mtu ping test tells me no package lost so i only disable the LSO, i saw a better performance in the game but still got the randomly crashes to log in screen.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys! Would you mind answering the following questions so we can try to figure this out?
    1. Are you on PC or console? (we know the thread is in the PC support section, but just want to confirm)
    2. Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit client?
    3. Where are you in the game world when you get disconnected?
    4. Have you tried completely disabling all addons and still get the same result?
    5. What are your general system specs?

Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get these disconnects all the time.

1. PC
    2. It has occurred with equal frequency on both clients for me
    3. It occurs anywhere, any time at random. I have not noticed a pattern.
    4. I don't use any addons
    5. EVGA GeForce 750ti, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, i7 920 processor
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys! Would you mind answering the following questions so we can try to figure this out?
    1. Are you on PC or console? (we know the thread is in the PC support section, but just want to confirm)
    4. Have you tried completely disabling all addons and still get the same result?

Thanks in advance!

Q1. I get this problem on the PS4. It used to happen infrequently, but two nights ago happened 4 times in about half an hour, before then happening three times in five minutes. I took to checking my internet connection everytime it happened, 80Mbps download + 4 gbps upload constant.

Q3. There seems to be no pattern as to where I am in the game world. Certaintly not Zones. Last time I was was ust starting the main questline in Auridon, but it happened to me across the daggerfall covenant and Hew's Bane as well. IT has happened in and out of dungeons. last time was the first time it happen while I was actually in combat (I had almost killed a world boss!), but it has happened during npc quest dialogue that you are supposed to observe(which is skipped when you log back in), and often happens while in a conversation with an npc (which usually starts again after login). In this case, halfway through a conversation, the dialogue options will just stop working a about 30 seconds before kicking back to the main screen. Mostly it happens just when running around. suddenly things will stop reacting to you and then you are back at the main screen.

Qs 2,4,5 don't really apply as I'm not on PC..
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks in advance!

1) PC
    2) 32 bit as the launcher doesn't launch the 64 bit client yet.
    3) Cyrodil. This only seems to happen during a battle. Which is highly inconvenient as I am a raid lead.
    4) No. I can't play in Cyrodil without the addons. I don't think that the addons affect it.
    5) HP Envy laptop. Windows 10. Built in graphics chip, i7 processor and 12 gb ddr3 ram.

Yes, I know that playing on a laptop is half the problem.
  • Bardll
    Bardll
    Soul Shriven

Thanks in advance!

1. PC
    2. 32-bit and 64-bit
    3. There seems to be no pattern as to where I am in the game world.
    4. Yes.
    5. GTX 550TI, 8GB DDR3 RAM, AMD II X2 270, Windows 10
  • Faasnu
    Faasnu
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem, very annoying.

1. PC
    2. 32-bit
    3. It can be everywhere, for example during PVE fights in Cyrodiil, at gates in Cyro with no fights on the map, in PVE zones in the middle of nowhere, at one of the banks... Everywhere. It happens a few times per day so I really know it happens regardless of the zone or of what I was doing.
    4. Yes, obviously.
    5. Windows 7 64-bit, i5 processor, GeForce GTS 450, 8 GB RAM

Please fix it, it's clearly getting worse and worse in time.
  • keisarin
    keisarin

Thanks in advance!

1- PC
    2- 64
    3- i was in game world
    4- i did and nothing changed
    5- Core i5, 16gb ram 1600Mhz, nvidia geforce 770 2Gb
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys disabling the addons or removing them along with the SavedVariables folder? Disabling addons, for some reason, seems to read those variables still (at least it feels like it because if it didn't, I should -still- be having these issues). It wasn't until I removed that folder and started fresh that I was able to clear it up. Just drag those folders to the desktop and test it.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    galogon wrote: »
    Hey all.

So the issue is this:
    I've been away from the game since Orsinium, and never before had any major disconnect, graphical or error issues. I came back to ESO about 2 weeks ago, and now, every once in a while and for at least one time during each play session, I get a sudden disconnect back to the login screen, with no visible error warning and while doing pretty much anything - questing, browsing the market, crafting, fighting a dungeon boss, etc. It simply disconnects me back to the login screen.

There really is no pattern in terms of frequency - it can happen once in a play session of 3 hours, or five times within that time period.

I've tried playing both in a laptop and a desktop, both of which using the same wired internet connection (a very stable 200mbps, wired connection with a static IP) and running on the same OS, Win 10 x64. Nothing has changed from my end since before I took a break from the game.

I also tried all the steps listed in a sticky made by Zenimax, in which I made sure no outdated addons are present (didn't remove them all though, but for what I can gather it doesn't really help much), the firewall/antivirus had the proper exceptions for the game, changed both the launcher and the eso.exe to run as admin with compatibility to XP SP3, flushed the DNS and all of that, and I also tried port forwarding directly from the router. I even went further and asked my internet provider for a complete reset of my service/router from their end, but all with no success.

Most notably, though, I tried running the 64bit client and, as it turns out, there are no Disconnects whatsoever. Problem is, it's just too buggy for me to play comfortably, with all the sound artifacts and noises, the constant textures flipping out, the UI getting stuck and acting weird and, yeah, a couple of crashes with numbered errors.

It's a shame, really, the game is in a really good place right now regarding everything else. But this is becoming such a drawback to me, especially when in happens while in party groups, as I usually have to wait a minute or two so that my in-game "ghost" disappears and I can log back in, and when I do, I usually am already out of the group.

I've seen in a couple of forum posts that there are a lot of similar cases out there. Has anyone managed to find a proper solution to this? Is Zenimax even looking into it? There's really no meaningful answer from their part anywhere.

I hope someone can help me out, and thanks in advance.

Hi. I am still experiencing the same problem you are. If I play the game I can time the play amount to almost exactly 30 minutes and then I'll get kicked back to the login screen with no error message. So I went through this entire elaborate process that I'll sum up for you which included running a video recording app to record the game when it kicked me off and sending it to the technical support crew, upgrading my computer, making sure the firewalls allowed the games ports exceptions, and even having someone remotely access my computer and watch the game kick me off at the exact time, and contacting my ISP. Don't get me wrong, ZOS's technical support is great because they do respond quickly but it's not their fault.

As it was explained to me, if there was a problem with the game, we would see some kind of error message. The fact that there is none means it's outside the game so the dev's can only point you in the right direction. The problem you are experienced can be many things but mainly it's due to your internet connection. Mine for example was experiencing "packet loss". Basically I was sending signals and almost every time 25% of the data sent was just lost to the Matrix... This packet loss would still allow internet browsing and everything but at that rate, only something that needed the constant high speed internet use would see the problem, notably GAMING.

So how do you determine if this is happening to you? Easy actually, just open your Command Prompt (cmd) and type "ping google.com" or something easy like another search engine and click enter. If the result comes back with "Timed out" then your problem is your internet connection, possibly even a physical internet connection like bad cables or even the location of your modem from the cables. Some can be fixed but some you just have to deal with.

I hope I was helpful to save you time and effort that I had to go through.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."
  • keisarin
    keisarin
    Djeriko wrote: »
    Hey all.

So the issue is this:
    I've been away from the game since Orsinium, and never before had any major disconnect, graphical or error issues. I came back to ESO about 2 weeks ago, and now, every once in a while and for at least one time during each play session, I get a sudden disconnect back to the login screen, with no visible error warning and while doing pretty much anything - questing, browsing the market, crafting, fighting a dungeon boss, etc. It simply disconnects me back to the login screen.

There really is no pattern in terms of frequency - it can happen once in a play session of 3 hours, or five times within that time period.

I've tried playing both in a laptop and a desktop, both of which using the same wired internet connection (a very stable 200mbps, wired connection with a static IP) and running on the same OS, Win 10 x64. Nothing has changed from my end since before I took a break from the game.

I also tried all the steps listed in a sticky made by Zenimax, in which I made sure no outdated addons are present (didn't remove them all though, but for what I can gather it doesn't really help much), the firewall/antivirus had the proper exceptions for the game, changed both the launcher and the eso.exe to run as admin with compatibility to XP SP3, flushed the DNS and all of that, and I also tried port forwarding directly from the router. I even went further and asked my internet provider for a complete reset of my service/router from their end, but all with no success.

Most notably, though, I tried running the 64bit client and, as it turns out, there are no Disconnects whatsoever. Problem is, it's just too buggy for me to play comfortably, with all the sound artifacts and noises, the constant textures flipping out, the UI getting stuck and acting weird and, yeah, a couple of crashes with numbered errors.

It's a shame, really, the game is in a really good place right now regarding everything else. But this is becoming such a drawback to me, especially when in happens while in party groups, as I usually have to wait a minute or two so that my in-game "ghost" disappears and I can log back in, and when I do, I usually am already out of the group.

I've seen in a couple of forum posts that there are a lot of similar cases out there. Has anyone managed to find a proper solution to this? Is Zenimax even looking into it? There's really no meaningful answer from their part anywhere.

Hi. I am still experiencing the same problem you are. If I play the game I can time the play amount to almost exactly 30 minutes and then I'll get kicked back to the login screen with no error message. So I went through this entire elaborate process that I'll sum up for you which included running a video recording app to record the game when it kicked me off and sending it to the technical support crew, upgrading my computer, making sure the firewalls allowed the games ports exceptions, and even having someone remotely access my computer and watch the game kick me off at the exact time, and contacting my ISP. Don't get me wrong, ZOS's technical support is great because they do respond quickly but it's not their fault.

As it was explained to me, if there was a problem with the game, we would see some kind of error message. The fact that there is none means it's outside the game so the dev's can only point you in the right direction. The problem you are experienced can be many things but mainly it's due to your internet connection. Mine for example was experiencing "packet loss". Basically I was sending signals and almost every time 25% of the data sent was just lost to the Matrix... This packet loss would still allow internet browsing and everything but at that rate, only something that needed the constant high speed internet use would see the problem, notably GAMING.

So how do you determine if this is happening to you? Easy actually, just open your Command Prompt (cmd) and type "ping google.com" or something easy like another search engine and click enter. If the result comes back with "Timed out" then your problem is your internet connection, possibly even a physical internet connection like bad cables or even the location of your modem from the cables. Some can be fixed but some you just have to deal with.

Well not for me, all the tests i've done tells me there is no problem with connection, even the ping on google.com is fine, sorry but it should be something else, gonna check if moving the folder that IndieWendyGo said. i will inform if that works.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    i'm exeriencing problems too
    Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • Rosavyn
    Rosavyn
    ✭✭

Thanks in advance!

1- PC
    2- 32-bit, haven't looked into using 64-bit yet
    3- So far, Stros M'kai, Betnikh, Glenumbra, Stormhaven (as for what I was doing at the time, anything from fighting to filling out a support ticket)
    4- Not using any addons currently
    5- Windows 10, 6gb ram, GeForce GTX 550 Ti, AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor

I've seen quite a few threads mentioning this issue, though this is the most informative/has people trying to figure out what's going on. I started playing again about a week or so ago and it started happening, didn't see anything quite like it during beta or at launch, all the crashes then at least had an error code message we could work with.

Have tried everything I feel comfortable trying since I don't want to risk turning my computer into a brick, it's happened after reinstall, both on hard disk drive and solid state drive, before and after deleting the files suggested. I've switched my ethernet cables and the plugs, and have checked my internet speeds ect, ect. While the game is still playable these random interruptions really put a damper on things, especially when you're at a good part of the story and suddenly your character more or less suffers a "black-out" and to the login screen you go.
    ♦ Rosavyn ~ Bosmeri Wayfarer ○ Rosen Verloren ~ Imperial Pyromancer ♦
    ♦ Paints-Her-Fur ~ Khajiiti Thief ♦
    May your road lead you to warm sands.
  • keisarin
    keisarin
    Are you guys disabling the addons or removing them along with the SavedVariables folder? Disabling addons, for some reason, seems to read those variables still (at least it feels like it because if it didn't, I should -still- be having these issues). It wasn't until I removed that folder and started fresh that I was able to clear it up. Just drag those folders to the desktop and test it.

Hey bro, i tried this today, the result was the same, i still get the crash to log in screen with no errors, so i think this has nothing to do with the addons.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all.

So the issue is this:

Yeah, it's not always an internet connection though. Through my tests, and what I've gotten from support about the "connectivity" issue, it turns out it was corrupted variables that were still being accessed SOMEHOW by -disabled- addons. So while you're partially correct, there are other issues outside connection stability. In fact, it was only when I bought this rig that I've -ever- had this problem (and it was with Windows 10). So far some culprits I've found after days and days of researching when I had CtL's (Crash to Logins) were;
    • MTU/LSO issues
    • Google Syncing services (which I have no idea WHY that would even affect anything to do with ESO, however I found that on Steam)
    • Advanced System Care
    • Master Merchant; while this could go in with the Addons, people have singled this one out specifically, there's dozens of threads on this with the linked google search.
    • Addons and SavedVariables; Worked for me and another person, you can find that here in this thread we're posting in.
    • UserSettings being a tad wonky. No confirmation on this, I re-wrote mine by hand which helped a couple of other issues I was having, which that issue was crashing right after hitting the Play button.

I'm sure I'm missing many many other possible culprits. Some have even fixed this issue by re-installing their operating systems (which to me is more hassle than what the game is worth). Had I got to that point, I'd probably have just moved on to other games (or went back to the Skyrim modding community). While I was irritated at Tech Support, I don't think it's their fault. However, I do feel there's an obvious lack of real customer service. My ticket was left for the weekend, three days no word from the department it was escalated to. I cancelled it after I found my problem, which left me with the oddly perplexing questions below.

While this may not be part of the game (or at least supported part), why did my game suddenly not crash like it was after removing all the addons and the SavedVariables folder? Furthermore, why didn't just disabling work? The only reasonable explanation I could come up with (I don't code LUA or work with the API in any form currently) is that the addons are somehow still being accessed in some way even when they're disabled. Else, why would removing them work and disabling not work?

And the real shocker to me is that Customer Support didn't even recommend uninstalling my addons or remove the SavedVariables. Just disabling them. And the list of things I've tried, that I sent to them after re-installing DX didn't work? It was pretty long. Instead, my ticket was escalated to another department and left for three days before I cancelled it before I found things that seemed to be working. And after all of that, I found my issue was something that Customer Support didn't even consider. And even then, what worked for me won't work for everyone.
    keisarin wrote: »

Hey bro, i tried this today, the result was the same, i still get the crash to log in screen with no errors, so i think this has nothing to do with the addons.

If it's not that, I'd probably go through a list of attempts I made in this post here. I tried to document as much as I could throughout my bout of this. Hopefully something works. Also are you PC-EU? If so, I seen you post in Lord's thread. If that's the issue, I seriously hope they'll finally look at it. Because that's ridiculous on their part if it is.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on May 5, 2016 5:23AM
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC
    32-bit
    The Rift
    Yes
    Intel core i7-3770 cpu
    16 GB ram
    64bit- Windows 7 SP1
    Nividia geforce GTX 780

On and off, right this moment the drop outs are happening...
  • keisarin
    keisarin
    Hey all.

So the issue is this:

Yeah, it's not always an internet connection though. Through my tests, and what I've gotten from support about the "connectivity" issue, it turns out it was corrupted variables that were still being accessed SOMEHOW by -disabled- addons. So while you're partially correct, there are other issues outside connection stability. In fact, it was only when I bought this rig that I've -ever- had this problem (and it was with Windows 10). So far some culprits I've found after days and days of researching when I had CtL's (Crash to Logins) were;
    • MTU/LSO issues
    • Google Syncing services (which I have no idea WHY that would even affect anything to do with ESO, however I found that on Steam)
    • Advanced System Care
    • Master Merchant; while this could go in with the Addons, people have singled this one out specifically, there's dozens of threads on this with the linked google search.
    • Addons and SavedVariables; Worked for me and another person, you can find that here in this thread we're posting in.
    • UserSettings being a tad wonky. No confirmation on this, I re-wrote mine by hand which helped a couple of other issues I was having, which that issue was crashing right after hitting the Play button.

I'm sure I'm missing many many other possible culprits. Some have even fixed this issue by re-installing their operating systems (which to me is more hassle than what the game is worth). Had I got to that point, I'd probably have just moved on to other games (or went back to the Skyrim modding community). While I was irritated at Tech Support, I don't think it's their fault. However, I do feel there's an obvious lack of real customer service. My ticket was left for the weekend, three days no word from the department it was escalated to. I cancelled it after I found my problem, which left me with the oddly perplexing questions below.

While this may not be part of the game (or at least supported part), why did my game suddenly not crash like it was after removing all the addons and the SavedVariables folder? Furthermore, why didn't just disabling work? The only reasonable explanation I could come up with (I don't code LUA or work with the API in any form currently) is that the addons are somehow still being accessed in some way even when they're disabled. Else, why would removing them work and disabling not work?

And the real shocker to me is that Customer Support didn't even recommend uninstalling my addons or remove the SavedVariables. Just disabling them. And the list of things I've tried, that I sent to them after re-installing DX didn't work? It was pretty long. Instead, my ticket was escalated to another department and left for three days before I cancelled it before I found things that seemed to be working. And after all of that, I found my issue was something that Customer Support didn't even consider. And even then, what worked for me won't work for everyone.

If it's not that, I'd probably go through a list of attempts I made in this post here. I tried to document as much as I could throughout my bout of this. Hopefully something works. Also are you PC-EU? If so, I seen you post in Lord's thread. If that's the issue, I seriously hope they'll finally look at it. Because that's ridiculous on their part if it is.

Ty for the info bro, i am in PC-NA server but the issue is the same, randomly isconnect to log in scrren with no errors, gonna try your possible fixes, once again ty for the info, i will post my results.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Please do something with it. The game is unplayable. I'm starting to regret that I paid for montly membership!
    Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • keisarin
    keisarin
    @IndyWendieGo How do you turn google sync off?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Should be under Settings>Advanced Sync Settings. Worth a shot, but keep in mind there could be other things as well. All of that I found in a few days (I got to at least page 12 in google searches before I finally managed to get my game stable again).
  • keisarin
    keisarin

Should be under Settings>Advanced Sync Settings. Worth a shot, but keep in mind there could be other things as well. All of that I found in a few days (I got to at least page 12 in google searches before I finally managed to get my game stable again).

TY, almost finishing trying all of your suggestions, none succesfull atm but gonna take a shot on the google sync.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TY, almost finishing trying all of your suggestions, none succesfull atm but gonna take a shot on the google sync.

Anytime! Just keep reporting it, keep active with your ticket if you sent one if none of those work. I triiiied to keep my steps documented as much as possible, because I knew once it got to the ticket they'd just tell me to do things that I've done already.
  • keisarin
    keisarin

Anytime! Just keep reporting it, keep active with your ticket if you sent one if none of those work. I triiiied to keep my steps documented as much as possible, because I knew once it got to the ticket they'd just tell me to do things that I've done already.
    well, google syncing is not the problem for me, lets check if there is something else i've not tried yet.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well, google syncing is not the problem for me, lets check if there is something else i've not tried yet.

I remember someone disabling Cortana and that fixed theirs, though I would think that'd be the same as disabling the Google Syncing service. If you're running Windows 10, that's maybe worth a shot. If you're not running 10, I can see what I can try and find.

I'll at least post the searches I made back then so you can take a gander through them. As far as I can recall, I didn't go through many of the reddit links. I mainly used the broad google search and then searched for it on Steam and the forums here for specific posts. I figure I'd post them so it'd be easier to maybe retrace my steps down the long rabbit hole I had to travel down. Just remember to document everything (even if it doesn't work) and update the post until either you fix it, or ZoS finds out what's wrong.

Broad Google search
    Steam Community search
    ESO forum search via google
  • Rosavyn
    Rosavyn
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen in terms of peoples posts there's a rather widespread amount of things that have fixed it for them. It's a strange hiccup in the game to be honest, especially for it to show up this late it, makes it feel like wires got crossed somewhere.

Personally lowering my routers firewall to minimum seems to have fixed it for me as I've not had the random crash for two days now. I have seen it suggested somewhere that you turn off the firewall but imo that's way too risky, I'm thankful that just turning it down a notch worked for me.

I hope everyone is able to figure out a way to get the random kicks to stop for them, best of luck all. (That goes for you too ZoS! :3 )
    Edited by Rosavyn on May 7, 2016 3:00AM
    ♦ Rosavyn ~ Bosmeri Wayfarer ○ Rosen Verloren ~ Imperial Pyromancer ♦
    ♦ Paints-Her-Fur ~ Khajiiti Thief ♦
    May your road lead you to warm sands.
  • keisarin
    keisarin
    @IndyWendieGo hey bro, i may have found a possible fix, at least seems to work for me at the moment, i forced my game to run with DX9 instead 11 and it looks like is going fine, i got only 1 crash to desktop but no disconnections at the time of this post.
    I will continue informing my finds.
  • Izorpo
    Izorpo

Thanks in advance!

Had this problem the last few days too (happened after I took my newest character in to Cyrodiil, but not sure of that has anything to do with this)

1. PC
    2. 64-bit
    3. Anywhere and anytime. Does seem random.
    4. Yes, and nothing changed.
    5. Win10.
    Intel core i5 2500k CPU.
    16GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti

*crosses fingers..ehhr ...paws*
  • galogon
    galogon
    It's been a while now, and I can safely say that I'm free of random disconnects. It certainly wasn't any issue with my ISP or anything else Router-related. The addons were most definitely at fault here, and the trick to solving it was likely the SavedVariables deletion plus the complete removal of all addons and their configs, doing a clean reinstall of them after that (note that I did not reinstall MasterMerchant, HarvestMap, FTC and Alchemist).

Here is what @ZOS_GinaBruno asked for:

1. PC
    2. 32-bit client (the 64-bit is way too buggy for me at the time)
    3. No specific place or action in the game. It used to be a very timely occurrence, every 30-45mins or so, while doing pretty much anything.
    4. Yes, but only after I cleared all traces of the addons, their settings and saved variables
    5. Win10 Pro 64-bit

My computer specs (laptop):
    Intel Core i7 2.40GHz
    32Gb RAM
    NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M

I hope it helps.
    Edited by galogon on May 7, 2016 12:24PM
  • thejynxed
    thejynxed
    For the people wondering about Large Send Offload - you should only have this enabled for A) GigE connections B ) if your hardware supports it C) if your drivers support it D) if you're running a bridged connection. Otherwise, leave it disabled unless you want your network to choke while your OS attempts to do something your system isn't capable of doing. Basically, if you aren't running a network load balancer on a corporate network, you don't need this enabled, ever.

Several things can "fix"the random disconnect issue:

If you're on Windows 8 or later, you'll need to do specific network stack tweaks to up the priority of UDP packets (default for 8, 8.1, and 10, is small size, small send/receive window, low priority).

After *every* patch to the game, delete saved variables for addons, and it's always worth a look to prune (read: uninstall, not just disable) outdated addons until they've been updated to deal with any new API changes, etc.

If you install new drivers, make sure you're rebooting in between installation and attempting to run ESO (this is just common sense).

Addons like Master Merchant and Harvest Map need to have their settings tweaked (read: lower the amount of pins displayed, reduce the distance they are displayed, reduce the amount of days sales are kept in the MM database, etc) so that the client isn't constantly sending and receiving large amounts of data unnecessarily. MM also has an option to delay loading the addon until after you log in (enable it).
    Edited by thejynxed on May 9, 2016 1:01PM