The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Heart’s Day PTS Event – 2/16

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
0e07b730c19198c4ed4bd2170685ed.jpg

We cordially invite you to join us on the ESO PTS (Public Test Server) to celebrate love in ESO with a mass wedding on Heart’s Day, 16th of Sun’s Dawn. Here’s everything you need to know:

What: ESO’s very own Lead Loremaster, Lawrence Schick, will be officiating a Mara Wedding Service in celebration of love in ESO and Heart’s Day. Join us for the ceremony with your special someone! Wedding attire is recommended, but not required.

When: February 16th at 2PM EST

Where: In Vulkhel Guard, Auridon, in front of the Temple of Auri-El

01a6c75ee95ed5d954f5bacf4b4a90.jpg
b129880bfb1b5fc87267a870a4b838.jpg

We’ll also be livestreaming the event on Twitch. We encourage participants and viewers alike to tune in!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your idea needs work first only AD will get to experience an event? biggest load of bull I ever heard! spread the times for 2.5 hours AD then switch to EP then DC or something locking out 2/3 from an event unless they make a new character is a crap way to do things. second only PC in one sever? you should have someone on each platform and server that handles the events and/or swap servers based on primary timezone.
    Edited by RAGUNAnoOne on February 12, 2016 11:38PM
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your idea needs work first only AD will get to experience an event? biggest load of bull I ever heard! spread the times for 2.5 hours AD then switch to EP then DC or something locking out 2/3 from an event unless they make a new character is a crap way to do things. second only PC in one sever? you should have someone on each platform and server that handles the events and/or swap servers based on primary timezone.

Oh give over already.
    Edited by Ajaxduo on February 13, 2016 12:29AM
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...biggest load of bull I ever heard!...

I don't think it's as big a deal as you're making it out to be. It's just a fun PTS event. Roll an AD template to participate. Or don't. It's pretty insignificant, really.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rofl console cry about anything
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    rofl console cry about anything

so we do not deserve to have in game events besides crown store sales is that what you are saying?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No... Laguna is right.. PTS... Auridon is AD turf... unless they are VR characters? If so, which faction?

And.. PC platform is also PTS, no consoles?

Also.. have to be on Twitch to hear Master Lawrence?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • attackjet
    attackjet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please make it so we can get ESO plus on xb1 without credit card....
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's on the PTS,so anyone can go anywhere.DUH.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds amazing! Wish I could attend.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that's sounds like fun! We'll definitely be there. Good idea trying it out on the pts, you get a crown allowance on test server characters, everything in the store on the pts is one crown and if the character you wish you could use the Pledge of Mara with is already married to someone else, well now there's a way around that.

Our Khajiit are already married, but we'll come to renew our vows before the Mother Cat and Lawrence Schick :)
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Darlgon wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

No... Laguna is right.. PTS... Auridon is AD turf... unless they are VR characters? If so, which faction?

We understand the disappointment from those who would like to attend this event and can't. To give you a little background, we wanted to host a small roleplay event for Heart's Day and the PTS made the most sense. We know not everyone will be able to attend. We considered Cyrodiil, but, well...the Game of Thrones Red Wedding comes to mind. So, we picked a spot that would be easy to find and reach. Anyone who has access to the PTS can create a template character to attend.

Realistically, if we did this for all three alliances on every megaserver, that would be 18 ceremonies. Since this is something the Community team is doing manually, as much as we'd like to do it on every megaserver for every alliance, the reality is we simply don't have the hours or bandwidth.

Yes, you'll need to tune into Twitch to hear Lawrence, but we'll also have his likeness in-game performing the ceremony via text.

Long-term, we are working on getting holiday events into the game that have quests, rewards, etc. It's possible they'll be in late this year.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long-term, we are working on getting holiday events into the game that have quests, rewards, etc. It's possible they'll be in late this year.
    That's good to hear, looking forward to that! I was a little concerned the Heart's Day Crown Store sale amounted to the entirety of a holiday event.
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    making AD troll toon now.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds fun.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • xXNesTXx
    xXNesTXx
    ✭✭✭
    In other MMOs the holiday events are tested in PTS server before being launched....so....what is the problem on that? :sweat:

Normally, this events are fun, so I hope to play them soon in normal servers
    EU PS4 Ebonheart Pact

NB Stam VR16 Breton
    NB Stam VR16 Khajiit
    NB Mag VR16 Breton
    Templar Mag VR16 Nord
    Sorc Mag VR8 High Elf
    DK Stam VR10 Red Guard
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are the queen of my heart
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is currently living in Sentinel so will be unable to attend in person.

However Santie's little sister Skybright currently naps in Auridon so I will send her a letter to advise her of the event as soon as I wake up properly.

She will be attending only as a friend of the brides and not as a marriageable participant. At level 26 she still has much to see of the world before she is able to settle down to endless housework and many mewing kittens.

Also this one expects that there should be free food and drink and er 'business opportunities' for Khajiit yes?

Anyway little Skybright will see you there. This one is sure of it. White fur with black stripes, likes to dance. You will know her when you see her.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • jamie123
    jamie123
    Soul Shriven

Any race can enter any area, unless you are silly and didn't buy the Imperial edition.
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds wonderful I'll be sure to be there.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

We understand the disappointment from those who would like to attend this event and can't. To give you a little background, we wanted to host a small roleplay event for Heart's Day and the PTS made the most sense. We know not everyone will be able to attend. We considered Cyrodiil, but, well...the Game of Thrones Red Wedding comes to mind. So, we picked a spot that would be easy to find and reach. Anyone who has access to the PTS can create a template character to attend.

Realistically, if we did this for all three alliances on every megaserver, that would be 18 ceremonies. Since this is something the Community team is doing manually, as much as we'd like to do it on every megaserver for every alliance, the reality is we simply don't have the hours or bandwidth.

Yes, you'll need to tune into Twitch to hear Lawrence, but we'll also have his likeness in-game performing the ceremony via text.

You could have picked Orsinium.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This maybe is a good reason for considering an all alliance neutral zone where people can go for events and guild things etc.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say thank you for keeping this within the lore.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like great fun. I will be rolling a template to be able to attend. I can't wait to hear the Lore master officiate the wedding.

Er, big question that I don't see an answer. Is it a VR rank event or a normal rank event. When I went thru the area in silver, I couldn't see the AD in their instance. Oh, wait, character copy of the EU is the day before so, it won't matter for the NA server characters but it will matter for the EU characters. If your characters are on the EU server, will you need to be 3 - V16 AD or V1-V16 EP/DC or use the template. I am probably over complicating this.

By the way, I did post this event on teso-rp so that the RP community knows as I don't think many read these forums.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on February 14, 2016 12:40PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there. Although an extraordinary beauty, academic, mage scholar, deadly melee fighter and a posh vixen in general, my Magick Templar High Elf is single.

She will however pay tribute to the lovely couples, Mara and love in general. <3

Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    You could have picked Orsinium.
    Orsinium is instanced by alliance the same as every other PvE zone.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Awesome :D Holiday events is one of my favourite things from other inferior MMOs, seems about time ESO get something like that too
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    It looks like great fun. I will be rolling a template to be able to attend. I can't wait to hear the Lore master officiate the wedding.

Er, big question that I don't see an answer. Is it a VR rank event or a normal rank event. When I went thru the area in silver, I couldn't see the AD in their instance. Oh, wait, character copy of the EU is the day before so, it won't matter for the NA server characters but it will matter for the EU characters. If your characters are on the EU server, will you need to be 3 - V16 AD or V1-V16 EP/DC or use the template. I am probably over complicating this.

By the way, I did post this event on teso-rp so that the RP community knows as I don't think many read these forums.

This is in the normal-rank version of Vulkhel Guard. Good question!

Thanks for the re-post. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, how did this go over? I just now saw this as I've been busy. Screenshots anyone??

edit: my bad, I saw the date wrong.
    Edited by Casdha on February 14, 2016 10:51PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more of Loremaster Schick in Tamriel!
    He belongs in the game!
    :)
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found out I will be able to attend!

I won't participate in the ceremony but I will for sure be there! See you all on Heart's Day!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!