The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Maw of Lorkhaj

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xantaria wrote: »
    EgoRush wrote: »
    For the sixth day in a row Hodor is going to attempt killing the second boss of vMoL.

This evening we're looking to get him lower than ever before!

Xanti. This evening we will be killing the second bosses. That or I disband Hodor ;)

@EgoRush
    Will you create a new guild after you disbanded? And where can I apply?

bjLRXJs.jpg
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the sixth day in a row Hodor is going to attempt killing the second boss of vMoL.

Xanti. This evening we will be killing the second bosses. That or I disband Hodor ;)

@EgoRush
    Will you create a new guild after you disbanded? And where can I apply?

bjLRXJs.jpg

latest?cb=20120920225730
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PTS Maintenance at 4. GG.
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »

PTS Maintenance at 4. GG.

I know :'( please ZOS get it done quick! You can come watch our streams and join us in TS again that way :D
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

• Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the new Trial, Maw of Lorkhaj. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes:
    • How difficult did you find Normal mode?
      - Normal was fairly easy, there's a brief learning curve on the 1st and second bosses, but pretty easy once you remotely grasp the mechanics. Third boss showed no real mechanics and was a pushover. Trash was less tedious than vet.
    • How difficult did you find Veteran mode?
      - The first boss is simple enough to map out and down once you figure out the mechanics. The second boss is tough, but we've yet to really get extended practice on it. The trash on the other hand can be extremely brutal and perhaps a bit tedious.
    • How did the difficulty feel compared to previous Trials?
      - It seems to be about on par with Sanctum Ophidia's difficulty at release. Mainly it's more mechanically interesting.
    • Did you run into any difficulties during the Trial? If so, where or with who?
      - We had random crashes from most members of the raids during the trash. I don't know if it's instability of the open air environment vs the boss rooms or perhaps the silence circles from the Suneaters. It certainly seemed less frequent than on boss fights and seemed to have no correlation to addons being on or off.
    • Were there any bosses or events that you particularly liked or disliked?
      - I generally like it all on vet so far. On normal, the final boss need some sort of a buff as it kinda just dies.
    • Did you complete the Trial? If so, was it on Normal or Veteran mode?
      - I've run normal twice with two pretty easy clears. On Vet, we've cleared the first boss three times so far but haven't even spent much time on the second boss. Loot seems okay in vet though.
    • Were you pleased with the items you received?
      The loot table seems fine for normal, however, we had on clear where nobody was able to loot the final boss. Loot seems okay in vet though (so far).
    • Have you previously played through any Trials, or is this your first experience?
      - I've gone in with some mixed groups, but we've all had the previous trials hard modes completed and most of us have had countless completes including occasional records.
    • As this is the first time a Trial is scaling to the group leader, how did the scaling feel in both Normal and Veteran modes?
      - Normal is a bit on the easy side though I don't believe my groups are the target audience for normal
    • Were you able to easily find the Trial so you could enter?
      - Yes, no problems there.
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
      - Don't make us wait another year for another one?
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Second boss randomly oneshots a tank when it divides the first lunar eclipse / fullmoon (de)buff.

NE7OBQH.png

RP2jkj6.png

Also note that the death-recap states no "caster", while normally the name of the person who ran into you stands there. Thusfar it has only happened to the tank tanking the lunar-eclipse boss (darkness).

Also,playing the 64-bit client is simply hell. Crash once every +-10 minutes. Got so sick of it that I ran the 32bit again.
    Edited by Woeler on February 9, 2016 10:09PM
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Second boss randomly oneshots a tank when it divides the first lunar eclipse / fullmoon (de)buff.

NE7OBQH.png

RP2jkj6.png

Also note that the death-recap states no "caster", while normally the name of the person who ran into you stands there. Thusfar it has only happened to the tank tanking the lunar-eclipse boss (darkness).

Also,playing the 64-bit client is simply hell. Crash once every +-10 minutes. Got so sick of it that I ran the 32bit again.

I can also confirm this. Randomly explodes the tank for no reason. Also, the way the colors get assigned initially is bugged frequently as well.
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead

Thanks for the report. This is an issue we hope to have addressed fixed via the next incremental.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on February 9, 2016 10:44PM
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    There is another thing at the trash. At the moment we are assuming that the trash can critically hit you @ZOS_Finn .
    We have no other explaination and even testet it, especially regarding the 1 Hand&Shield Trashmobs with theire AoE ability. You sometimes get a random 40-80k hit, next time you get a 16k hit. We tried it out and just stood still 2min in his AoE without doing anything but healing ourselfes.
    Like I said, sometimes random death hits with 60k damage, but most of the times 16k hits that don't kill you. So we are thinking that they can critically hit.
    Is this intende? - Because it is rather annoying to just get one-shotted without a reason, even if its only trash
    Edited by Baumlaus on February 10, 2016 7:09AM
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Baumlaus wrote: »
    There is another thing at the trash. At the moment we are assuming that the trash can critically hit you @ZOS_Finn .
    We have no other explaination and even testet it, especially regarding the 1 Hand&Shield Trashmobs with theire AoE ability. You sometimes get a random 40-80k hit, next time you get a 16k hit. We tried it out and just stood still 2min in his AoE without doing anything but healing ourselfes.
    Like I said, sometimes random death hits with 60k damage, but most of the times 16k hits that don't kill you. So we are thinking that they can critically hit.
    Is this intende? - Because it is rather annoying to just get one-shotted without a reason, even if its only trash

One of the mobs debuffes armor to 0. That is prolly why you get such high dmg.
    Edited by Alcast on February 10, 2016 9:31AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭

NE7OBQH.png

RP2jkj6.png

We can confirm it happens to people other than the tank. We've hypothesised it's when you attack both bosses too soon (therefore confusing the system over which aura you should take), if you stack too closely, if NB shades are being classified as team members. The best way we found to avoid it is to not stack too tightly.

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

NE7OBQH.png

RP2jkj6.png

We can confirm it happens to people other than the tank. We've hypothesised it's when you attack both bosses too soon (therefore confusing the system over which aura you should take), if you stack too closely, if NB shades are being classified as team members. The best way we found to avoid it is to not stack too tightly.

I only used a taunt on the dark boss. Did not even touch the white boss.
    Alcast wrote: »

That's the two-hander, but we tested it on the first pull, which contains no two-hander. (and it only debufs the one that has agro, and I mean come on, I never lose agro)
    Edited by Woeler on February 10, 2016 11:37AM
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NE7OBQH.png

RP2jkj6.png

I only used a taunt on the dark boss. Did not even touch the white boss.

That's the two-hander, but we tested it on the first pull, which contains no two-hander. (and it only debufs the one that has agro, and I mean come on, I never lose agro)

Wrong. It's an Aoe infront of the 2 hander. It debuffs everyone in front of it. And everybody who is not a tank and then gets hit by any other phys Aoe is RIP.

And this is definitely intended and avoidable by intelligent positioning and tanking. (to be hundred percent sure tank every mob seperate from each other.)

If there was no 2 hander present and people got oneshotted that seems weird to me (keep in mind the debuff lasts quite long), we haven't yet had this case.
    Edited by Xantaria on February 10, 2016 12:48PM

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead

The issue we found with this was when the entire group wiped while being converted. The players that were dead or in the middle of converting prior to getting their new effect would then possibly cause this explosion as it was reading them as having each of the aspects. In the next incremental, we believe we have put in behavior to prevent this.

The Shadowguard does do a high damage melee AoE by design. We can take a look to ensure their isn't any anomalies with their damage.

Staff Post
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but like i said, we had those anomalies.

We tested it in the first group @ZOS_Finn where there is no two hander taht could debuff you. You simple get sometimes one-shotted by the Shadowguards Aoe ability.
    We tested quite alot and sometimes you simple get that one-shot. Like i discribed earlier, even standing 2min at him without doing any damage or debuffs on him, sometimes people got oneshot, rezzed and with next aoe only 10k damage. There is a variety in theire damage from 10k to 50k on a light armor character
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why is there a mechanic that brings the tanks armor rating to 0? Doesn't that effect just reinforce the "always blocking" game play that wrobel and lambert believed to be oh so detrimental to the tanking role?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is there a mechanic that brings the tanks armor rating to 0? Doesn't that effect just reinforce the "always blocking" game play that wrobel and lambert believed to be oh so detrimental to the tanking role?

It's to force the requirement of 2 tanks as you can simply cross taunt at this point.

• Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @ZOS_Finn @Seiffer Do not nerf this trial on PTS. When we get our char copies we will kill the 2nd boss easily.
    Just hurry up with EU char copy :D We will keep trying nontheless.

And I still expect you to INCREASE the difficulty before this goes live. here my Suggestions again:
    Both, boss nr 1 and boss nr 2 need a buff.

Boss nr 1 hits like a noodle and basically only the 30% burnphase is difficult.
    Boss nr 2 is good difficulty but if we had our chars+nice ping that dude would be dead already.

so how to improve difficulty? And those difficulty improvements are not over the top, they would make the fights a lot more interesting.

Boss nr 1.
    Decrease time to get behind pillars that kills everybody who is not behind a pillar. Now you basically have time to run over the whole room to get behind a pillar, so you need no reaction time or good positioning of the boss at all.

If you want us to have more fun on this boss give us more tigers, so we actually would need a 2nd tank on this boss because of more tigers spawning which would make the fight longer, and automatically more difficult because we can dps the boss less when we have to kill the tigers.

Atm from 30% to 0 we can just ignore the tigers and execute the boss, up the HP of the boss by 20-30% so we actually have to kill the tigers that spawn afterwards, atm we just ignore those.

Boss nr 2.

The mechanics on this boss are godlike, this is by far the most interesting fight so far in ESO, colorchanges are a real mindf***.

The only thing to improve here is that you should give the bosses like 30% more HP and limit addsspawn to 4 per side. Why? This is kind of an DPS race and the longer the fight lasts the more adds spawn. So the problem is...if you have super fast dps this bossfight will not get hard because you can nuke down the bosses pretty fast which means you have to deal with a lot less adds than ppl with low dps.

So up the HP of the bosses by 30% and limit the max spawnable adds per side to 4. 4 Adds on each side is a good number and makes the fight really interesting. Everything past 4 adds per side is Armageddon.

@Seiffer
    Hand shout out to the devs, this trial is A-W-E-S-O-M-O. Just up the difficulty a bit more :)
    Cant give feedback to other bosses as we have a really hard time with templates+250 ping to get past the 2nd boss. Tho if we had our real chars that boss would prolly be dead already. So buff bosses!

Edited by Alcast on February 11, 2016 10:26AM

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Finn @Seiffer Do not nerf this trial on PTS. When we get our char copies we will kill the 2nd boss easily.

And I still expect you to INCREASE the difficulty before this goes live. here my Suggestions again:

Boss nr 2 is good difficulty but if we had our chars+nice ping that dude would be dead already.

so how to improve difficulty? And those difficulty improvements are not over the top, they would make the fights a lot more interesting.

Boss nr 1.
    Decrease time to get behind pillars that kills everybody who is not behind a pillar. Now you basically have time to run over the whole room to get behind a pillar, so you need no reaction time or good positioning of the boss at all.

If you want us to have more fun on this boss give us more tigers, so we actually would need a 2nd tank on this boss because of more tigers spawning which would make the fight longer, and automatically more difficult because we can dps the boss less when we have to kill the tigers.

Atm from 30% to 0 we can just ignore the tigers and execute the boss, up the HP of the boss by 20-30% so we actually have to kill the tigers that spawn afterwards, atm we just ignore those.

Boss nr 2.

The mechanics on this boss are godlike, this is by far the most interesting fight so far in ESO, colorchanges are a real mindf***.

The only thing to improve here is that you should give the bosses like 30% more HP and limit addsspawn to 4 per side. Why? This is kind of an DPS race and the longer the fight lasts the more adds spawn. So the problem is...if you have super fast dps this bossfight will not get hard because you can nuke down the bosses pretty fast which means you have to deal with a lot less adds than ppl with low dps.

So up the HP of the bosses by 30% and limit the max spawnable adds per side to 4. 4 Adds on each side is a good number and makes the fight really interesting. Everything past 4 adds per side is Armageddon.

@Seiffer
    Hand shout out to the devs, this trial is A-W-E-S-O-M-O. Just up the difficulty a bit more :)
    Cant give feedback to other bosses as we have a really hard time with templates+250 ping to get past the 2nd boss. Tho if we had our real chars that boss would prolly be dead already. So buff bosses!

Agreed. I think we need more time to test before any changes are made. Though I agree with what I think Seiffer said that too few people will be capable of making it past the 2nd boss as it stands :(

We will be streaming again later this evening running V16 on the usual templates. Feel free to watch us wipe and join us in TS again if you wish to hear me shouting at the team for mistakes :P

At least one of these should be active from 7pm GMT+1
    www.twitch.tv/mashinatee
    www.twitch.tv/paolen
    www.twitch.tv/zantaria
    www.twitch.tv/drugcontrol
    Edited by EgoRush on February 11, 2016 11:50AM

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well it's not like there is content in this game where you can't permablock as a tank.
  • TotterTates
    TotterTates
    ✭✭✭✭

Well it's not like there is content in this game where you can't permablock as a tank.

It's not whether you can or can't permablock, my issue is that permablocking is boring.
    Cuppincakes
    • Imperial Dragonknight (Tank)
    • Pre-TG vMA Score: 459,636 [55:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    • Post-TG vMA Score: 537,328 [53:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    Bäby Spice
    • Altmer Sorc (DPS)
    Alisaeri
    • Dunmer Dragonknight (Healer/DPS)
    Church
    • Argonian Templar (Healer)
    Moon Moon
    • Khajiit Nightblade (DPS)

My Twitch Channel: TotterTanks
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not whether you can or can't permablock, my issue is that permablocking is boring.

then don't do it and die? :)

Or dodgeroll like a monkey.
    Edited by Xantaria on February 11, 2016 4:02PM

• TotterTates
    TotterTates
    ✭✭✭✭

then don't do it and die? :)

Or dodgeroll like a monkey.

Oh no, in MoL, I do it all day errday.
    Cuppincakes
    • Imperial Dragonknight (Tank)
    • Pre-TG vMA Score: 459,636 [55:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    • Post-TG vMA Score: 537,328 [53:36, 0 Sigils, 0 Deaths] (Stamina)
    Bäby Spice
    • Altmer Sorc (DPS)
    Alisaeri
    • Dunmer Dragonknight (Healer/DPS)
    Church
    • Argonian Templar (Healer)
    Moon Moon
    • Khajiit Nightblade (DPS)

My Twitch Channel: TotterTanks
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Streaming trial. Starting soon

@Seiffer @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_aoliver

Edited by Alcast on February 11, 2016 6:08PM

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Another remark from me on the loot of the last boss in normal mode.

I remember being said that the last boss on normal DOES drop the new sets, i.e. lunar bastion, moondancer etc.

We completed normal and all got ebon/savior/wormcult loot from the last boss. A bug? A misunderstanding? An unfortunate series of events? A coincidence? Magic?

Rakkhat, the Fang of Lorkhaj in Normal difficulty can drop any piece of loot that comes from the trial. This includes the brand new sets as well as the other sets and Jewelry.

Staff Post
  • silentgecko
    silentgecko
    ✭✭✭

Boss nr 1.

Boss nr 2.

@Seiffer

i don't share your oppinion on the first boss.
    Because:
    Don't align the Bosses to the top #1 raid group in the world ;)

Detailed statement:

The Pillars are still a little bit laggy or buggy. most of the time, everybody stands behind the pillars, and got killed anyway.
    The time to get behind is ok - don't forget - some people have fewer reactions times than you, and if you got a curse right in time when the boss explodes, you really need that bit of extra time to get behind the pillar.
    just let the time as it is.
    [/quote]

You still won't need a second tank on the first boss. Reason: You can't taunt the tigers. Why should we use a second tank then, if we can't taunt them? we tried it a couple of times to taunt the tigers, but it won't work. let the tigers as they are, at the moment the 40% tigers (i think 4 of them) are killing our group atm.
    ok here i am with you. you shouldn't be able to "out-dps" the tigers and completely ignore them.
    One solution: Give the Boss a shield when the tigers spawn, so he won't get any damage... and when the group killed the tigers, the shield despawns and you could focus back on the boss again.

If you aren't able to kill the boss with template chars, then the boss shouldn't be buffed. just my oppinion.

Just to be clear:
    Our Raidgroup is not the #1 or #2 in the world or in eu, but we're still on top 5 on eu. And we aren't able to kill the first boss at the moment, because... the damage output on PTS is not our regurarily dps that we do. for e.g. our top dd's are cut in half or at least 30% less dps than on live.
    And on first boss we are running into the soft-enrage because we don't have enough dps to kill him. (as i said, at the moment we get him down to 30% and are running out of pillars).

i know you all want to have fun with hard encounters, i also want it, too.
    but don't scale the trial only for two really good raidgroups in the world. it should be possible to clear the trial not only with a every-dd-does-30k+dps-group.

just my oppinion

and to be clear: i don't want it to be nerfed. but i also don't want it to be buffed :D

and don't forget: you all were not able to see the last boss ^^
    Edited by silentgecko on February 12, 2016 10:20AM
    Guildmaster of Panic Mode! www.panic-mode.de
    Aetherian Archive Hardmode: Clear.
    Hel Ra Hardmode: Clear.
    Sanctum Ophidia Hardmode: Clear.
    Veteran Maelstrom Arena: Clear.

VR 16 Sorcerer - V16 Nightblade
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any ideas what the best attempt on second boss has been? Boss health at wipe? I'm not sure if anyone has cleared it yet.

• EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh and some feedback based on the gear. Why is everything except rehashed old gear (Worm Cult/Hircine's Veneer/Ebon) BOP once again? Technically we still have absolutely zero new BOE sets from the PvE content. Can't this be more like vDSA/Sanctum that dropped interesting BOE sets that were valid for end game? I want an equivalent to Healer/Footman/Dreugh King.

That would massively enhance the appeal to completing this new content. Especially if only the best pieces dropped in Veteran.

• ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Oh and some feedback based on the gear. Why is everything except rehashed old gear (Worm Cult/Hircine's Veneer/Ebon) BOP once again? Technically we still have absolutely zero new BOE sets from the PvE content. Can't this be more like vDSA/Sanctum that dropped interesting BOE sets that were valid for end game? I want an equivalent to Healer/Footman/Dreugh King.

That would massively enhance the appeal to completing this new content. Especially if only the best pieces dropped in Veteran.

Only the four new Trial pieces are Bind on Pickup. All of the other PvE sets within the DLC (Crafted and Quest/World Boss Drops) are Bind on Equip.
    Staff Post
  • agro2014
    agro2014
    ✭✭

ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Another remark from me on the loot of the last boss in normal mode.

I remember being said that the last boss on normal DOES drop the new sets, i.e. lunar bastion, moondancer etc.

We completed normal and all got ebon/savior/wormcult loot from the last boss. A bug? A misunderstanding? An unfortunate series of events? A coincidence? Magic?

Rakkhat, the Fang of Lorkhaj in Normal difficulty can drop any piece of loot that comes from the trial. This includes the brand new sets as well as the other sets and Jewelry.

New sets from last boss in Normal drops up to VR15 or VR16?