The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

In game advertising for Black Friday

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this absolutely necessary? Can't you leave it on the launcher screen?

I'm annoyed.
Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »

I'm annoyed.

Read the patch notes.

Stuff like this pops up only ONCE every time they update the Crown Store, which they so happened to do (it was even on the yellow banner yesterday).

Just ignore it and continue with your game, jeez.
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm annoyed.

Do they show the Target ad? That's the only one I hadn't seen yet.
    PS4-NA-DC
    PSN: robkrush

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its B2P without a subscription from every player they need to monitorise their product.

We play for free (affectivly)

The servers dont run for free

Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They updated the store?

Do we have new stuff. This one still hopes for a ball of yarn one day ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Notice the Xivkyn motif is up for 5k crowns. All the hard work for the causal to just snap it up. Awesome. See ZOS listened after the glass motif row.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They updated the store?

Do we have new stuff. This one still hopes for a ball of yarn one day ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Yup - http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/232814/new-items-available-in-the-crown-store-11-25-all-platforms/p1

Sadly no yarn yet sorry D:

*rolls some across the floor for you*
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm annoyed.

Its a really good deal. This isn't something to be annoyed about
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As @Kammakazi mentioned, you should only see the Crown Store popup once since we just updated the store. If anyone is seeing it pop up excessively, let us know because that shouldn't be happening.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As @Kammakazi mentioned, you should only see the Crown Store popup once since we just updated the store. If anyone is seeing it pop up excessively, let us know because that shouldn't be happening.

When can we buy a Walmart themed echatere mount?
    Animals___Cats_curious_Cat_043848_.jpg
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought you were going to use ALL CAPS?

hehe, oh well.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • hmr13.76preeb18_ESO

In your game it is constantly happening that should not happen! Damn, this is the motto of your game !?
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Notice the Xivkyn motif is up for 5k crowns. All the hard work for the causal to just snap it up. Awesome. See ZOS listened after the glass motif row.

If someone wants to spend $50 for a COSMETIC motif and that money helps bring DLC the quality of Orsinium, I'm all in. The problem with the Glass motif was it was released on the Crown store weeks after it hit the game. At that time player-rage revolved more around the timing of the crown store hit with all but a very few realizing the necessity of monetizing cosmetics in the game. At that time, ZOS apologized and promised to release motifs on the Crown store more distanced from the appearance of the motif in the game. The Xivkin motif meets this promise.

Edited by Dominoid on November 25, 2015 3:57PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No yarn and no pretty dresses. Santie will continuing looking for happiness in the pockets and wardrobes of others ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

• icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    No yarn and no pretty dresses. Santie will continuing looking for happiness in the pockets and wardrobes of others ...

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You can look in my pocket.. ;)
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about people who do not want to see any ads, not even once?
    Tors wrote: »
    Its B2P without a subscription from every player they need to monitorise their product.

We play for free (affectivly)

The servers dont run for free

No point showing ads to people who play for free. By virtue of playing for free, they kinda do not buy stuff.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    No point showing ads to people who play for free. By virtue of playing for free, they kinda do not buy stuff.
    Free loaders deserve popups more than any one.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    f.

They should learn that they don't always get what they want.
    Or write an addblock addon.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your logic is severely flawed. They do not buy stuff? ESO is buy to play, meaning you have to buy the game in order to play it. Sure, there's no monthly costs, and subscription is optional, but you can't outright say people "don't buy stuff".

Not only that, but if people are so inconvenienced by a little pop-up window that may show up ONCE a month, if even then, then they may need to re-evaluate their priorities. The cost of the online servers are offset by the Crown Store. It's an informative window that, once, and only once, gives you a head's up.

I can only imagine how some people treat billboards on the side of the road. "BUT I DON'T DRINK PEPSI! I HATE THESE PEPSI ADS!" and then they complain to their state governor that they had to see a Pepsi ad when they don't drink it. Okay, that's totally not a apples-to-apples comparison, but... I find the outrage over something they said would pop-up once per Crown Store update ridiculous.

Relax. Take a deep breath. It's gonna be okay.

Edited by Preyfar on November 25, 2015 3:59PM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    icontested wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Santie has done this last week. She found only a daedra heart, an old handkerchief and some unidentifiable fluff. Not so much as a coin. This one will not be putting her paws in there again!

• robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? Are you so entitled that you cannot close an ad screen once?
    PS4-NA-DC

The game's central concept of "PvP in PvP areas and be safe in safe areas" needs to stay the way it is.
    ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    icontested wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Santie has done this last week. She found only a daedra heart, an old handkerchief and some unidentifiable fluff. Not so much as a coin. This one will not be putting her paws in there again!

Definitely the wrong person santie. I see my body double can fool even the most clever of khajits
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robkrush wrote: »

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_0bhT98g9Y
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they really missed out on dropping a Black Fredas Black Guar mount, a creature of myth and legend who, if spotted near your town on a Fredas, portends an economic boon to the local Dunmer house, fueled probably by a slight increase in gumption for the local slave population.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it popped up. I wouldn't have known otherwise :smile:
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed, I am. If I wanted ads to be thrown at me, I could switch off AdBlock (killer app of the century, imo) and go around the WWW, where they are not even buy to be thrown.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, I am. If I wanted ads to be thrown at me, I could switch off AdBlock (killer app of the century, imo) and go around the WWW, where they are not even buy to be thrown.

The guy that made adblock deserves a Nobel peace prize.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
  • robkrush
    robkrush
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad. You are gonna have to move up into the mountains and live in an old hermit shack. No matter where you are people are gonna try to sell you stuff. That's life. Get onboard.
    PS4-NA-DC

ZOS, 1-12-2016
  • JMadFour
    JMadFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My honest suggestion would be to find a game that will never, ever, try to sell you anything, and play that.

this game will always, always try to get you into its Cash Shop, and nothing you or I can say, there is no forum post you can make, that will change that.

the only way you will never seen an ad, not even once, is to not play these games.
    Edited by JMadFour on November 25, 2015 4:38PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    f.

They should learn that they don't always get what they want.
    Or write an addblock addon.
    Or use one that already exists ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Get onboard.

Can you sell me a ticket? ;)
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...