The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why not Zos Team "in-game Easter Eggs" 4 fun

WldKarde
WldKarde
✭✭✭✭✭
Forgive me my friends if this seems silly...but a thought just struck my funny bone.

Wouldn't it be fun if, in future content, some of our ZOS friends made an "in-game" appearance as an NPC?

I'm talking full on... voice acted (portrayed by the real person)... in the race that fits them best... did you pay good enough attention to catch it?...Holy $%*# is that???... GLORY!

Think of the possibilities!

@ZOS_GinaBruno as "The Ever Helpful One" that has a fun "and calming" influence to everyone in times of crisis...

OR

@ZOS_RichLambert "/Lurking behind the scenes" The "Mysterious Stranger" listening into your inner thoughts...and plotting the next turn of events in the fate of all of Tamriel...

OR???

Well you get the idea....Help me out my friends, let's have some fun with this! ;)
PC NA
Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
River Wldkarde
18 Master Anglers so far
"Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wont care about them. let them fix bigger issues first
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can we kill them >:) ?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    I get killed in Cyrodiil already @RAGUNAnoOne ... so people already do. :)

Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭

Was about to ask for this so credos in a special colour for you.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aw, that's... kinda sad! XD

But not giving yourselves godlike GM stats is like honorable, or something. :p
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Admit it rich, aren't you tempted to get a coder to give you say.... a 'super Dev emperor buff'?

I think 500k hp and 20k spell and weapon power should be balanced, imagine it now.

"Organising a 24 man raid against rich Lambert tonight guys"
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Sypher guy would probably still at least fight him to a stalemate. That guy is like some sort of zen master for reals. I think I saw him achieve Chim in one of his Nightblade videos.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »

Admit it rich, aren't you tempted to get a coder to give you say.... a 'super Dev emperor buff'?

I think 500k hp and 20k spell and weapon power should be balanced, imagine it now.

Now there you go.
    Let's make them a WB spot and put them into the daily rotation.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

Now there you go.
    Let's make them a WB spot and put them into the daily rotation.

I think they should do "Dev troll events"

Every week/month one of the devs gets to take control of a seriously powerful boss, like say one of the bannermen from the sewers, or even a dungeon boss and buff up the stats.

On this particular event that could last for a couple hours, said Dev will troll cyrodil servers, walking into paths of zergs ans causing utter chaos, it would be HUGELY fun!

We could literally have 300 vs a super powered bannerman!
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it a templar or a DK in the past? if so it would explain the nerfs LOL! I don't think I can kill any developers I am on PS4 and a better healer than a DD so...I feel so deprived.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    I'm always interested in seeing different ways staff can interact with players.

Whether it's through scavenger hunts, hide and seek, giant spawn raids, or Beat-Up-Staff-Boss events.
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • Curragraigue
      Curragraigue
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I seem to remember some footage of Gina doing a walk in a video for the animation guys to use for characters I think, was included in a ESO Live. So maybe they are already in game in a way.

Certainly have seen devs 'in game' on the PTS for events.
      PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    • J2JMC
      J2JMC
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No because this would ruin my immersion
      Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• WldKarde
      WldKarde
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It's amazing what a "Big red Z" does for a forum thread. ;)

And from the feedback so far, it sounds like many players would enjoy the chance to spend some of their time in Tamriel with more of the ZOS saff.

Be that as an NPC... or Even Better knowing that the character they are interacting with is actually from the ZOS staff.

Thanks for stopping by Rich! And here's to even more interaction "in game" from those who work so hard to make our time in Tamriel such fun! :)
      PC NA
      River Wldkarde
      18 Master Anglers so far
      "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
    • MissBizz
      MissBizz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I seem to recall in an ESO live they aren't allowed to actually voice act anything, something to do with an agreement with the screen actors guild (can't remember name) or something? I think they said they can make sound effects etc. but aren't allowed to do the voiceovers?
      Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    • tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MissBizz wrote: »
      I seem to recall in an ESO live they aren't allowed to actually voice act anything, something to do with an agreement with the screen actors guild (can't remember name) or something? I think they said they can make sound effects etc. but aren't allowed to do the voiceovers?
      True.
      Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
      (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    • WldKarde
      WldKarde
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well shoot!
      It's too bad that the lawyers are getting in the way of some potential fun.

These are the people who have created the sandbox we enjoy playing in, it's a shame that they can't have a little fun in it with us.

Well I guess they can... they just have to be all "NB stealthy" about it...

Nerf Lawyers! :p
      PC NA
      River Wldkarde
      18 Master Anglers so far
    • Xendyn
      Xendyn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      That's one nerf I can vote for :D
      Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
      A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
      There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
      Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    • ItsGlaive
      ItsGlaive
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cute idea, I like it :)

I imagine there's a lot of legal wrangling to this though, staff members would need to sign permission etc, waiver any payments maybe, and so on and so on.

Still, would be great to see it happen!
      Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
    • Zaldan
      Zaldan
      ✭✭✭✭✭

yes but that's due to the lag that you still haven't fixed for the last 8 months or so :(
      Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
      Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    • WldKarde
      WldKarde
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hmm...

Well since it looks like the "ZOS employee as an NPC" idea has been shot down by the lawyers. :(
      And BTW BOO lawyers!

How about this then?

What about we vote for a class and race for one of our friends at ZOS to level up to max (both PvE and/or PvP) and then post a video of that character running the content of our choice?

I see LOTS of "OMG do they even play that class/race" posts"...or "NERF This" posts...

Why not let them show us how their vision for ESO is working by their own hands?

Might just prove enlightening for BOTH sides of the coin

But hey...what do I know ;)
      PC NA
      River Wldkarde
      18 Master Anglers so far
    • MrDerrikk
      MrDerrikk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      How about just a world boss of x amount of named Flesh Atrinochs - one for each ZOS member who wants it - and it having to take 30 or so people to take them down? Maybe even they pick a monster that best reflects their inner-beast?
      I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
      VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    • Docmandu
      Docmandu
      ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't EVE Online, where devs cheated their way to the top :smiley:
    • RAGUNAnoOne
      RAGUNAnoOne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      wldkarde wrote: »
      Hmm...

Well since it looks like the "ZOS employee as an NPC" idea has been shot down by the lawyers. :(
      And BTW BOO lawyers!

How about this then?

What about we vote for a class and race for one of our friends at ZOS to level up to max (both PvE and/or PvP) and then post a video of that character running the content of our choice?

I see LOTS of "OMG do they even play that class/race" posts"...or "NERF This" posts...

Why not let them show us how their vision for ESO is working by their own hands?

Might just prove enlightening for BOTH sides of the coin

But hey...what do I know ;)

@ZOS_RichLambert my challenge to you: run an Argonian DK in BwB no CPs allowed.
      PS4 NA
      Argonian Master Race

• j.d.elyb14a_ESO
      Developers are able to pop in anytime I think. I seen a YouTube video where one popped in on a guild raid and everyone is like be quite and line up and they played Simon says and if you lost I forget what he did. But he spawned a few monsters and the last one would have whipped the raid as he was over powered and they develop had to help and they still almost whipped. It was really kinda funny. It was a WoW video on youtube. Would be nice to have a developer to just pop in and say hi every now and then. But I feel they actually do play but they remain anonymous as to just to see how things are going. That big red Z would guarantee they would be hard pressed to monitor anything.
      Guild Founder and Leader of TheLawless.
    • RAGUNAnoOne
      RAGUNAnoOne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Do any staff members play PS4? I know they do play PC.
      PS4 NA
      Argonian Master Race

• runagate
      runagate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I remember back in the day going to the PTS for a "play with the devs" day and getting /w from if I recall correctly Ms. Bruno (not a developer) asking "what do you mean you can't use doors after repairing a wall" and something else along those lines we were reporting in /z while easily mopping the floor with the developers we encountered... except the maniac who fought naked.

That naked guy had skills! Don't recall the character name any more. But he could fight.
    • WldKarde
      WldKarde
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Do any staff members play PS4? I know they do play PC.

I do remember one staff member saying on an ESO Live that he was looking forward to playing with a controller again before console launch...so I'm guessing at least one.
      PC NA
      River Wldkarde
      18 Master Anglers so far