The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Devs can not ignore truth about IC

nordickittyhawk
nordickittyhawk
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
or any dev

Hello Brain and players who are actually reading this;

Im writing this because i love this game so damn much and i love the PvE and PvP aspect to the game but there is one thing i was so excited about the game coming this year, yet felt so disappointed after the first week of players instantly leaving it and forgetting it... 'The Imperial City' .
When this Dlc was coming out i was so excited and was so looking forward to the PvP within a City/Sewers with the Sweepers in the sewers clearing zergs to the massive hulking Horror bosses upstairs being a nightmare for all sides and the districts are so well done and beautifuly made you got the vision of a dedric invasion perfect from the Dedra them selves claiming victory, to the first enterence of the city through sewers expecting army ready but got deppersed soilders who just wanted to go home (From EP side), To the City to feeling giving this deppersing yet giving the 'this is the last stand feeling' and the music is just so MWAH perfect!. Now i gave you love you deserve Zenimax now lets crack down to buissness and why im writing this up.

If you the player have entered the city lately you can most likely tell that its dead... there are no players there except the ones who grind for stones and thats sad as it was such hyped Dlc. So Zenimax my first question is?
  • Are you planning on going back to the DLC and give life to what you created?

This is a question alot friends, guildies and just in zone in genral have been asking ourselves? will you go back to it because we love the city...

Now here are my suggestions for bringing people back to the city.
  • Objectives

You could add so much for Objectives in here. Im taking a great example is planet side 2; every 2 hours on the screen it will alert all players that a event will start and there will be a big reward if your faction can complete it and here is what i purpose to you;
  • Capture the flag
Yes you could damn well do Capture the flag in this city but i would call it capture the dedric relic or imperial relic in the Aboretum and Memorial district. Players would be told in X amount time a Mob will spawn with the objective and you the player must take this Objective (Like scroll got to do the animation to pick it up and not be able to sneak/cloak n all that) and take it back to your home base for the reward of X gold/Ap/stones OR even a faction wide buff. You will need to make it a good reward not some petty faction wide buff make your players feel rewarded and You would be forcing players to 1) find this mob in the district 2) then take the object to your home base and take the risk of going through horrors and spawning factions up top or go into the sewers for risk of being followed with swepers too.
  • King of the hill

A must have you could make your factions go into the Districts and make them hold a flag for said amount of time and have them gain X amount tel var stones and AP. Players would be told on there screen in X location in X amount time you must hold this area for golry of your faction and great rewards. Thou that sounds like zerg would win right?! What if these flags was in the path of a Horror therefore you risk that thing giving it back to neutral ground because that hulking monster heals 10% for each player death. I would suggest the Nobles/Arena District. You make players flock to this place and makes them want to hold a ground with tanks and such and once they have been rewarded they risk chance with all those stones n must get home as soon as they can? :) how does that sound short n simple :D.
  • War zone

What is war zone? EH games call it many things some even Team deathmatch. Ok so you have been told go to this district n slay as many dedra or players as you can for a great reward. Your faction would be forced to kill not only mobs but each other and make the horror give a huge amount of points in this location. You would bring all hell on this zone and Faction most points? will get rewards of stones/ap/gold.
  • The Arena

Now this will be a great thing for devs to use... you have that arena. (Needs to still be fixed non of this you cant interact if in combat BS) Players would be told that in X amount time you must Fight in the arena and defeat all dedra and players within the arena . Have it so all players are silienced in the Arena once entering. Then once the dedra spawn the gate is locked and all factions must fight till there are no players or dedra in the area. The chest that spawns upon victory will have large reward but give a small amount AP/stones/gold for this as it would be shorter than others.
  • Defeat Molag Bal in the center of the Sewers.
This would be intreseting making all your players be told molag bal must be stopped and then sending all your players to the center to clear the portals and then defeat molag bal and when molag bal is defeated make him drop A LARGE amount of Stones as it now puts all those players at risk of being in the middle of the sewers with all those stones.

Just like to Add when i say rewards i dont mean just appear on you; they could come in sacks or mail or a chest for those risk rounds.
  • Loot/Rewards with Stones

There is alot of things in the sewers you can buy with stones from random boxes for costumes, sets, materials and so on. I would like to see more of this even with sets that cost AP outside the city could cost large amount stones within the city. such as ravager or random boxes from cyro (for morag tong n all that) it could be worth around X amount stones there is alot you can do.

You should also increase amount stones made from the daily quests as they are really pathetic in my opnion double or triple would be better than what they currently are.

Scamps these little bloody buggers are really rare yet drop pretty pathetic loot... my suggestion is have them have a chance to drop sets from the rewards of the worthy or even brand new sets or old sets you could update anything.

For now thats all i have i would love to add more but i dont wish to take the readers time of what i wish to see.
So devs ill leave it to you to reply and give me a answear and players leave what you would to see in the imperial in the comments who knows what dev will reply to you :) try keep it mature please and thank you for your time.

@FENGRUSH
@Sypher
@Lefty_Lucy
King richard
I know you four have talked about it on your streams and podcast before n was hoping you guys could give your view of how the city could bring back players as i know you guys enjoy playing in there :). (sorry king dont know your @ name on here forgive me)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop sets from rewards for the worthy?

I've never actually gotten a set bit from that.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Drop sets from rewards for the worthy?

I've never actually gotten a set bit from that.

The sets from random boxes was added as a rare chance (not all)
    Edited by nordickittyhawk on November 20, 2015 4:59AM
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    so another desperate plea for pvp content, i like that. You dont get proper devs response so we can talk here

They gave up with pvp and under massive "Orsinium is so great" feeedback they dont refocus. They use excuse "first fix lag at pvp then new content" but every game nowadays suffer from lag and it will be never fixed here, so we will barely see new content and if, thats nowhere soon (like 2016) Just look at only pvp dlc ever planned (imp city) is nowhere near pvp dlc.

Edited by VincentBlanquin on November 20, 2015 8:10AM
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/201788/the-biggest-problem-with-the-ic-right-now-going-foward?new=1

"The TV stone gear sucks... If no one wants the gear, a lot of people wont farm for the stones. If the stones have lessened meaning IC gameplay will also. Without meaningful rewards I do not think the IC will have nearly the longevity ESO pvp needs it to have.

ZOS please look at improving the TV stone gear." 7-29-2015
    Edited by TheBull on November 21, 2015 8:09AM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, I really like your ideas. It would definitely breathe a little life into what has become a wasteland. I haven't been back to IC since I enough mats and stuff to kit out my DK in v16 gear.

I thought I heard ZoS say that they were going to look at content and alternate it between PVP and PvE? If that's so then maybe IC will get a little love soon.

Let's hope so.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    OP, I really like your ideas. It would definitely breathe a little life into what has become a wasteland. I haven't been back to IC since I enough mats and stuff to kit out my DK in v16 gear.

I thought I heard ZoS say that they were going to look at content and alternate it between PVP and PvE? If that's so then maybe IC will get a little love soon.

Let's hope so.

I love the PvE and PvP in there and i love PvP more as its inside a giant city not a open battlefield which i love! i can use the enviroment more.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC= gear/mat pve grind + allowed pvp

All you really get out of IC is a armor repair bill.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC= gear/mat pve grind + allowed pvp

All you really get out of IC is a armor repair bill.

True but it was still fun. I just hope @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_BrianWheeler just atleast /lurks on this or anything
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno I think IC is fine, first couple days of orsinium was empty, but atm in DC base there's a few dozen players roaming, considering we barely have one bar on the map that's good for us.

Still pretty used, ran into 3 red and yellow zergs last night trolling through as usual. People still killing old molag.
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zornyan wrote: »
    I dunno I think IC is fine, first couple days of orsinium was empty, but atm in DC base there's a few dozen players roaming, considering we barely have one bar on the map that's good for us.

Still pretty used, ran into 3 red and yellow zergs last night trolling through as usual. People still killing old molag.

That Na or EU. NA its dead i can walk around every district n see no one... except the one dude who is questing. Everyone else there is there to troll the people grinding thats sad a well hyped dlc around pvp to be put down like it was nothing after first week. Orsiunum EP side is busy... alot people there.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That Na or EU. NA its dead i can walk around every district n see no one... except the one dude who is questing. Everyone else there is there to troll the people grinding thats sad a well hyped dlc around pvp to be put down like it was nothing after first week. Orsiunum EP side is busy... alot people there.

Ps4 eu, so orsinium has only been out a few days so far. Azura's still packed. This is scourge, a fairly red owned campaign.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There's no meaningful loot. TV gear is awful (unless you're trying to get ingots cheaply or some Itade/Repora). It's a greatr place to level Vet characters, but that's about it. Getting anything worthwhile good from the vault keys is painfully hit or miss. Mostly painful.

It just needs some love. Some reason to be.
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    so another desperate plea for pvp content, i like that. You dont get proper devs response so we can talk here

They gave up with pvp and under massive "Orsinium is so great" feeedback they dont refocus. They use excuse "first fix lag at pvp then new content" but every game nowadays suffer from lag and it will be never fixed here, so we will barely see new content and if, thats nowhere soon (like 2016) Just look at only pvp dlc ever planned (imp city) is nowhere near pvp dlc.

Halo 5 and black ops3 have dedicated servers. They run great.. So I dont know what you mean about other games lagging..
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who was in IC at its launch, going back there recently was a shame. There are still groups in the sewers, but once someone finds any of the pets or polymorphs, they seem to not come back. I went back in to buy some Imperial Rewards containers with my 18k stones. Didn't get anything really great, such is life with a RNG. But now I'd like a chance to get one of the polymorphs and I doubt I'll have a chance to really group up anymore.

The biggest mistake to IC was how materials were introduced to Orsinium. It was practically a slap in the face since the material is just so much more plentiful in Wrothgar with no risk. Finding the VR15 potency runes was also a blow to IC. On top of all that, the seller's market collapsed too. Items dropped between 75% to 90% in value after a week of Orsinium (though, silk is holding strong due to the magic version of Hundings set). And to top it all off, the majority of Orsinium is BoP, so you can't even shift to a new economy.

With no need to grind materials in IC, no objectives outside dailies in IC, and no perks for going back for PvP, there isn't much to do. I'm not sure I like most the OP's suggestions, but it would be something.
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    As someone who was in IC at its launch, going back there recently was a shame. There are still groups in the sewers, but once someone finds any of the pets or polymorphs, they seem to not come back. I went back in to buy some Imperial Rewards containers with my 18k stones. Didn't get anything really great, such is life with a RNG. But now I'd like a chance to get one of the polymorphs and I doubt I'll have a chance to really group up anymore.

The biggest mistake to IC was how materials were introduced to Orsinium. It was practically a slap in the face since the material is just so much more plentiful in Wrothgar with no risk. Finding the VR15 potency runes was also a blow to IC. On top of all that, the seller's market collapsed too. Items dropped between 75% to 90% in value after a week of Orsinium (though, silk is holding strong due to the magic version of Hundings set). And to top it all off, the majority of Orsinium is BoP, so you can't even shift to a new economy.

With no need to grind materials in IC, no objectives outside dailies in IC, and no perks for going back for PvP, there isn't much to do. I'm not sure I like most the OP's suggestions, but it would be something.

This is why i wrote this ... i love pvp in the city i think its awesome... id like players to say what they want... in there to make them play there rather than just mindless grinding.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most interesting thing about IC was the PvE. PvP in IC was largely gankers, some zerg balls, and the Memorial District. The former is really only fun for the "killer" types, and once their "achiever" food supply moved on after the first month, there was little reason for most of them to stick around as well. I imagine IC is mostly farmers, a few gankers, and late comers running the quests right now.

I really think IC should have been free to benefit PvP. Because it's paid DLC, you can't have too much interaction between it and Cyrodiil. (Normally not a big deal, but there are enough issues with PvP. You wouldn't want to start adding barriers between players on top of it.) This is why almost none of the campaigns are gated and why IC has no impact on the war other than as a player sink. IC can actually hurt a competitive 3-way locked campaign by bleeding off some of the already limited population.

How cool would it have been if they moved Emperor from capturing the six keeps to capturing the six districts, and if access to the sewers required owning the two formerly emp home keeps? Sort of like the way the scroll keeps works. Lose 1, you can't get in, lose both, you can't respawn inside the city. This would have created a third option for players to go in the game instead of the usual, clockwise or counterclockwise around the lake. Put a PvE only version in the store and I bet net sales would not have decreased even.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    We are looking at Imperial City updates in the future but will give more details on those as they get on our Development server. Many suggestions here are being taken into account regarding any changes to IC.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are looking at Imperial City updates in the future but will give more details on those as they get on our Development server. Many suggestions here are being taken into account regarding any changes to IC.

Hey Brian,

OP kinda alluded to it but didn't flat out mention it. Imperial City and Cyrodiil need to be intertwined to a much, MUCH greater degree. I mean, we're ultimately fighting for control for the Imperial City where we...PvE? PvP? Kill Molag Bal's Simalcrum....o wait not anymore.

The zone is really well done. Everything about ICs implementation is well done - it's just missing the reason for it's existence. It's a zone with absolutely no meaning.
  • DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    None of this options are viable due to inifinilags. You can have all kinds of custom fights, CTF, KoH, TDM, DM etc etc but if you can't actually function there due to ping (and we all know the cyro lag) they are worse if implemented, i say fix lag nr 1 priority and no more updates dlc and money making schemes until then.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still farm IC , the gear isn't the best, but shieldbreaker is used to counter shield stackers, and i think the heavy sets can be pretty good too.

I'm still making a ton of gold from it, had a bit of good rng this week and the trophy vaults and the ancestor silk sales from buying with stones and deconning gear has netted me nearly 1 mil.

Plus I need 2 more agility rings for my nb and I refuse to buy gear like that.
  • tangy.citrus
    tangy.citrus
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the OP's suggestions. Though, I think Wheeler will spin them off in a direction to make it his own and make possible additions to IC even more interesting and fun.
    Edited by tangy.citrus on November 20, 2015 9:29PM
    PC/NA/AD
    Queen Ella - Mag DK - Tank/Healer/DPS
    Dunmer DK Cant Even - Stam DK - DPS/Tank
    Im bad at healing - Mag Templar - DPS/Healer
    Tangy Citrus - NB - Mistake
    #1 AD P.O.S.
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im really really happy to hear this :D
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh
    ✭✭✭
    You just don't get it, do you? Many of us enjoy PvE, and whilst we may join PvP in Cyrodil periodically, it's entirely elective. Placing fun PvE questing and sewer running in a ganker's paradise merely frustrated many of us PvE focused players.

I speak for my friends and myself when I say we were tired of losing our stones to tiresome kiddie NB's who wait for people fighting bosses etc. to be low on hits, then jump in, steal stones then DS off, or CP loaded untouchables/time-rich grinders who need an entire zerg to take down wander around slaughtering small groups etc.

The appearance of Orsinium was a blessed relief, and meant we could put the frustrations of IC behind us, and give two fingers to the gankers who are now QQ'ing here.

The increased mats supply means we can now craft v16 armour sets and not have to rely on running quests with ridiculous drop rates with mechanics that some players simply find too difficult to cope with, for whatever reason.
    "Shut it, you fop" - Valorone, Fighters' Guild, Coldharbour to Darien Gautier
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bunneh wrote: »
    You just don't get it, do you? Many of us enjoy PvE, and whilst we may join PvP in Cyrodil periodically, it's entirely elective. Placing fun PvE questing and sewer running in a ganker's paradise merely frustrated many of us PvE focused players.

I speak for my friends and myself when I say we were tired of losing our stones to tiresome kiddie NB's who wait for people fighting bosses etc. to be low on hits, then jump in, steal stones then DS off, or CP loaded untouchables/time-rich grinders who need an entire zerg to take down wander around slaughtering small groups etc.

The appearance of Orsinium was a blessed relief, and meant we could put the frustrations of IC behind us, and give two fingers to the gankers who are now QQ'ing here.

The increased mats supply means we can now craft v16 armour sets and not have to rely on running quests with ridiculous drop rates with mechanics that some players simply find too difficult to cope with, for whatever reason.

So your upset because you mindlessly want to grind stones on a 'pvp/pve zone' and cry because tou get killed by gankers which mind you the devs said that IC is great for nightblades because of the enviroment. so your upset on going in there without knowing the concept of the 'risk'. So you want the devs to know that you like there content being empty all there hard work n effort into so you dont get ganked..... you sir are just ... no ... god no.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This pretty much sums it up
    PVE players got farmed by Gankers = Gankers the only ones having fun.

Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This pretty much sums it up
    PVE players got farmed by Gankers = Gankers the only ones having fun.

You make it sound like because you pve you can't defend yourself against a player? Surely a dedicated pve player will have a certain setup, like dps and healing, and have experienced some of the hardest content in game.

Gankers are the single easiest targets for me, they all usually follow the same cookie cutter build, and have zero defence. Just have a little awareness and don't leave yourself widely open to attack, I see stupid things though, like players farming mobs and not waiting 5 secs in between to regen resources, so relying on heavy attack weaves etc.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post @nordickittyhawk . Thanks @ZOS_BrianWheeler .

At some point you also may need to update Wrothgar @ZOS_RichLambert . Dead zones are the worst and especially so when said zone is so awesome to begin with. .
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    The zone is really well done. Everything about ICs implementation is well done - it's just missing the reason for it's existence. It's a zone with absolutely no meaning.

Many of the zones feel this way.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make it sound like because you pve you can't defend yourself against a player? Surely a dedicated pve player will have a certain setup, like dps and healing, and have experienced some of the hardest content in game.

Gankers are the single easiest targets for me, they all usually follow the same cookie cutter build, and have zero defence. Just have a little awareness and don't leave yourself widely open to attack, I see stupid things though, like players farming mobs and not waiting 5 secs in between to regen resources, so relying on heavy attack weaves etc.

how do you defend yourself vs 2-3 NB hiding in the corner who attacks you when you are low HP from fighting the mobs?

Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.