The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FENGRUSH stam sorc builds

FENGRUSH
FENGRUSH
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Ill update this thread:

1vX / Small group PvP build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76CTHgFgejo

PVE build (has been slightly modified on bars):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNQ1O5JtSVQ

New PVE build - made for Maelstrom arena but damage output will be better then Ali build if you add in weapon enchant jewelry (same concept behind Ali build). This one includes stam regen enchants to get through maelstrom solo content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHGpbcZYg98

This is new PvP build - closest to what I did with Ali but refined for orsinium patch. Get it while its good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9kW3Q9BvUs

If you have any questions posting comments on my youtube is fastest way to get a reply!
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you play a Draenei in WoW too?
    Edited by Makkir on October 6, 2015 11:48PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fengroooooooooooooshaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Dangerzone
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Shelgon
    Shelgon
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you be good looking AND good at the game, it doesn't work like that...

FENGRUSH is just living proof that life isn't fair.
    V16 Templar - Shelgon - DC
    V16 Dragonknight - The Secutor - DC
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a quick question. I looked at thundering presence and chose not grab it on either of my sorcs (one caster and one stamina), is there anything good going for that morph?
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, thanks for showing interest here!
    CP5 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. I looked at thundering presence and chose not grab it on either of my sorcs (one caster and one stamina), is there anything good going for that morph?

Good question. There is almost nothing going good for this skill. You will see a bit of damage from it if you are a PURE PVE player and you have maxed your weapon damage like say in the tyson build it may shoot up to 2-3k a tick, which is pretty crappy.

The only good thing is that it counts as a melee dot and can affect procing things such as ravager which isnt bad in the tyson type build using ravager if you are again, purely using it for PVE. If you wanna go into PvP though, the skill will bury your stam if you intend to run around alone or use it as a means of upping run speed during escape.

Hope it helps.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So basically it offers nothing unless you are in a mob of enemies so you can milk the aoe damage for everything it's worth, guess i'll be sticking with boundless then.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically it offers nothing unless you are in a mob of enemies so you can milk the aoe damage for everything it's worth, guess i'll be sticking with boundless then.

Exactly. It would be better if it loses any and all damage properties (because keep in mind, the magicka version is based off of elemental damage) that refer to its 'scaling with weapon damage' and just is equal in a sense that 1) it lasts the same duration as the magicka version 2) gives the same duration of speed. But in both cases, it comes up short, so if youre running around in PvP youll find yourself having to recast this every 3-4 seconds, essentially crushing your stamina in a bad way. Plus it lasts 15 seconds versus 23 seconds in total from an armor perspective.

This skill that was 'added for stam sorcs' was essentially as bad as I said itd be on the PTS - but nobody from balance has listened to my feedback on stam sorc anyway.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least bound armaments turned out well.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    The only good thing is that it counts as a melee dot and can affect procing things such as ravager which isnt bad in the tyson type build using ravager if you are again, purely using it for PVE.

When I tested Thundering in 2.1, it did not proc Ravager. Are you sure it is now proccing ravager?
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. It would be better if it loses any and all damage properties (because keep in mind, the magicka version is based off of elemental damage) that refer to its 'scaling with weapon damage' and just is equal in a sense that 1) it lasts the same duration as the magicka version 2) gives the same duration of speed. But in both cases, it comes up short, so if youre running around in PvP youll find yourself having to recast this every 3-4 seconds, essentially crushing your stamina in a bad way. Plus it lasts 15 seconds versus 23 seconds in total from an armor perspective.

This skill that was 'added for stam sorcs' was essentially as bad as I said itd be on the PTS - but nobody from balance has listened to my feedback on stam sorc anyway.

It makes total sense to use Boundless solely for the sake it uses magicka as a resource instead of your primary resource.

On my Stamblade I love having Double-take as it gives me something to consume magicka on while I sprint. With Windrunning and drink you get some hefty Stamina and magicka regen so you can pretty much sprint at max speed forever. I do like that Boundless gives you 7.5 seconds of Major expedition compared to double-take which allows you to sprint longer without having to stop/cast as I do every 4 seconds.

I just don't think they could do anything to this ability as a "Stamina Morph" that would make sense as the nature of consuming stamina on a speed buff is counterintuitive as it shares the same resource that sprinting consumes.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    At first I thought running Greater Storm Atronach was going to be miserable, but it has surprised me with how with how well it has been performing for my Stam Sorc.

First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    what addon gives you F1-8 for potions???
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing these, @FENGRUSH! Would you be willing to submit one of them for the Battlemaster's Corner?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, this build is a 2-hander/dual wield stamina class - any class can run this build .

#1 Nightblade - fear/cloak best magic dumps for stamina build
    #2 Sorc - see Fengrush build
    #3 Dk/Templar - both are gimped because of no mobility
    Edited by twistedmonk on October 7, 2015 5:48PM
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    The only good thing is that it counts as a melee dot and can affect procing things such as ravager which isnt bad in the tyson type build using ravager if you are again, purely using it for PVE.

When I tested Thundering in 2.1, it did not proc Ravager. Are you sure it is now proccing ravager?

Not sure I havent tried it in awhile. Basically if you use sprint, like Ezareth said, you really dont wanna use the stam version because it eats into your stam real quick.
    At first I thought running Greater Storm Atronach was going to be miserable, but it has surprised me with how with how well it has been performing for my Stam Sorc.

It works real nice actually in cases. Ill make builds with bound arms too but this is definitely working out well, plus you still get your other ult for damage of your choice (I choose meteor!)
    what addon gives you F1-8 for potions???

That is AUI (Advanced UI)
    Thanks for sharing these, @FENGRUSH! Would you be willing to submit one of them for the Battlemaster's Corner?

Yep I'd be happy to, let me know! I'd advise the Ali build if anything to people - its a good well rounded build to use in PVP and PVE. Tyson is truly specialized for the one purpose of putting out high DPS in PVE.
    Honestly, this build is a 2-hander/dual wield stamina class - any class can run this build .

#1 Nightblade - fear/cloak best magic dumps for stamina build
    #2 Sorc - see Fengrush build
    #3 Dk/Templar - both are gimped because of no mobility

I dont entirely disagree - but their playstyle becomes very different. This is how stam has always been though in some way, and thats largely because magicka doesnt really use much from weapon lines outside of resto.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I feel like the stamina treatment of most class abilities are like this though. For whatever reason the magic morphs (for class skills) seem generally better on everything. Last weekend I was lucky enough to have time again to play, and I experimented with one of my sorcs with the stamina ability, and noticed the same problems you're speaking off. Great guide by the way Fengrush, I enjoyed it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have mad respect for you Fengrush, so this is isn't aimed at you but that's 4 weapon skills, a joker slot, and an ulti for a 20% passive. Stam sorcs are in such a bad place I'm almost giving up on mine (main since EA). I really want her to work, but I feel like if I don't act as a WB/ST robot I'm gimping myself. And those are two of the skills I hate the most in the game :P

I don't mean to derail your thread, I'm sorry. The videos are great, and so are you, I'm just so disheartened at the moment.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    I have mad respect for you Fengrush, so this is isn't aimed at you but that's 4 weapon skills, a joker slot, and an ulti for a 20% passive. Stam sorcs are in such a bad place I'm almost giving up on mine (main since EA). I really want her to work, but I feel like if I don't act as a WB/ST robot I'm gimping myself. And those are two of the skills I hate the most in the game :P

I don't mean to derail your thread, I'm sorry. The videos are great, and so are you, I'm just so disheartened at the moment.

I'm still sticking to boundless storm (armor buff and move speed) crit surge (heals for staying aggressive) and my clannfear (because of my irrational love for the things drives me to not use the armor) as means to justify my class choice, despite not being able to reliably use a large number of my class skills.
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's true that any class can run most of these abilities.

But if you have played against Fengrush, you know that crazy mobility (+ wicked damage) is his trademark. And that's due to Streak, Boundless + player skill. I don't think I've ever seen anyone move that fast around the battlefield.
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stikato wrote: »
    It's true that any class can run most of these abilities.

But if you have played against Fengrush, you know that crazy mobility (+ wicked damage) is his trademark. And that's due to Streak, Boundless + player skill. I don't think I've ever seen anyone move that fast around the battlefield.

I don't doubt Fengrush' skill-level, and I never will. I also don't doubt that he's able to get the most out of his sorc.
    My comment is more to the fact that his bread and butter skill bar has 1 sorc skill and a passive.
  • a.skelton92
    a.skelton92
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people feel the need to have a live feed of themselves at the bottom of a video?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So sorc still OP

tumblr_inline_n1hn46leS61rkq1nw.gif
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people feel the need to have a live feed of themselves at the bottom of a video?
    This was recorded from his Twitch stream, don't ask me why but people who live feed them selves get more viewers as the people watching actually have more of a connection with the person playing instead of just a voice
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was recorded from his Twitch stream, don't ask me why but people who live feed them selves get more viewers as the people watching actually have more of a connection with the person playing instead of just a voice
    It's so you can connect to the person on the other end at a friendship standpoint.
    It's human nature.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm definitely not a pro player or anything so maybe my opinion is wrong, but a lot of my issues with stam sorc would be solved if we could crit shields and blockers. Without shield breaker, I really don't have much of a chance against a good Sorc as my self healing gets wrecked. I also think we need a way to layer dmg so it comes out as burst. You know how magicka sorc does Curse, Endless Fury, Frags proc so that they all do dmg at once? Stam sorcs need some kind of mechanic like that. Stam DK and Stam NB use their ultimates to layer their burst dmg but Sorc has no ultimate that works that way and have to rely on Bats or Dawnbreaker.

You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    So sorc still OP

tumblr_inline_n1hn46leS61rkq1nw.gif

Anything can seem OP! Ive been playing stam sorc all through 1.6 when it was the *worst class* and having a fairly high amount of success though too. :)
    Minno wrote: »
    It's so you can connect to the person on the other end at a friendship standpoint.
    It's human nature.

Yes! Twitch is more than just a person playing a game really - its about building a community with people. So that is why I 'feel the need' to have a 'live feed of myself' to connect with my peoples. :blush:
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm definitely not a pro player or anything so maybe my opinion is wrong, but a lot of my issues with stam sorc would be solved if we could crit shields and blockers. Without shield breaker, I really don't have much of a chance against a good Sorc as my self healing gets wrecked. I also think we need a way to layer dmg so it comes out as burst. You know how magicka sorc does Curse, Endless Fury, Frags proc so that they all do dmg at once? Stam sorcs need some kind of mechanic like that. Stam DK and Stam NB use their ultimates to layer their burst dmg but Sorc has no ultimate that works that way and have to rely on Bats or Dawnbreaker.

You are correct - that is why I use meteor to lay in heavy damage with Wblow as well.

Also agree on shields not allowing crits. This was a huge complaint of mine coming into patch. They should amp shield damage a bit if needed to counter this - but people should be able to crit shields. It literally negates peoples class/armor/skill setups, and its generally screwed up.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are correct - that is why I use meteor to lay in heavy damage with Wblow as well.

Also agree on shields not allowing crits. This was a huge complaint of mine coming into patch. They should amp shield damage a bit if needed to counter this - but people should be able to crit shields. It literally negates peoples class/armor/skill setups, and its generally screwed up.

And on the flip side, shields should crit as well. Seems like a good balance tradeoff.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

And on the flip side, shields should crit as well. Seems like a good balance tradeoff.

Id take that for sure - should just be some level of consistency. This is a big reason why shields were so damn killer last patch, but shield stacking is still a thing now. If the magicka sorc can manage his stam throughout the fight and can always CC break, well... its pretty tough. The reality is its very rare to run into well managed magicka sorcs.