The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Skills costing way more than tooltip

danno8
danno8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just tested a couple skills as my magicka seemed to be tanking way faster than on live.

Puncturing Sweep:

Tooltip:1570
Actual:2125

Breath of Life:

Tooltip:2648
Actual:3510

Blazing Spear:

Tooltip:1769
Actual:2364

If anyone else can confirm that would be great.
  • Stalwart385
    Stalwart385
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Also skills are doing around half damage.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Just tested a couple skills as my magicka seemed to be tanking way faster than on live.

Puncturing Sweep:

Tooltip:1570
    Actual:2125

Breath of Life:

Tooltip:2648
    Actual:3510

Blazing Spear:

Tooltip:1769
    Actual:2364

If anyone else can confirm that would be great.
    Thanks, I noticed from the first fight my Templar's magicka was going down really fast. Can't confirm with numbers tonight, but I know others have been mentioning something like this.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same problem. Also skills are doing around half damage.

Yah I got that too. Guess that's what we are here for. Hopefully they get it sorted.
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Is that only when battle leveled or is it happening everywhere?
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah looks like it's pretty consistent at 32 - 35% more.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yattaq wrote: »
    Is that only when battle leveled or is it happening everywhere?

No battle levelling. I'm VR16 but switched it off anyway earlier in the day. Happens everywhere.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retreating Manuevers must be affected although I don't know the actual cost, I just know it has to be...
    wait for it...
    OVER 9,000!!! (sorry)

I have a Magicka build, so I only have 9,000 Stamina and it won't let me cast Retreating Manuevers at all (despite tooltip cost being around 7,000)
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • Mantic0r3
    Mantic0r3
    ✭✭✭
    guess one of the spell cost reduction passives or glyph is bugged again, did u try all of them ?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retreating Manuevers must be affected although I don't know the actual cost, I just know it has to be...
    wait for it...
    OVER 9,000!!! (sorry)

I have a Magicka build, so I only have 9,000 Stamina and it won't let me cast Retreating Manuevers at all (despite tooltip cost being around 7,000)

hehe, and here I am staring at my magicka bar and writing down results like a sucker...
  • Yattaq
    Yattaq
    ✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »
    guess one of the spell cost reduction passives or glyph is bugged again, did u try all of them ?

That's a good idea, it would be worth looking at the abilities and their costs while naked to see if it's a messed up stat.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mantic0r3 wrote: »

Well I am using two cost reduction glyphs, so that is 396. But my BoL is over 862 difference, so it must be more than just those.

It's late here so I won't be doing any more testing until tomorrow.
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to know that ZOS QA team is able to prevent bug as simple to test for as ability costs from making it past internal...oh wait.

Seriously, does the QA team test with no addons or something?
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Good to know that ZOS QA team is able to prevent bug as simple to test for as ability costs from making it past internal...oh wait.

Seriously, does the QA team test with no addons or something?

They don't want to break their immersion while testing...

Seriously though, if we did not have addons I don't think I would even bother with PTS.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly - I think this is intended.

Why are ppl still able to 1vX - resources are endless. Nerf that next. Maybe they won´t notice.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Honestly - I think this is intended.

Why are ppl still able to 1vX - resources are endless. Nerf that next. Maybe they won´t notice.

You know what? I personally would not really care if they moved the goal posts for sustain. But they should really give a heads up if that is the case.

Besides, since the values on the tooltip don't match what is being used, my guess is a bug, not a global increase in spell cost.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here... burning through magicka extremely fast compared to live...

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert Can you check this ?
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    wait for it...
    OVER 9,000!!! (sorry)

I noticed this as well. My magicka sorc has to use buff food in order to cast Retreating Maneuver even one time ...
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    wait for it...
    OVER 9,000!!! (sorry)

I noticed this as well. My magicka sorc has to use buff food in order to cast Retreating Maneuver even one time ...

Thinking on this, it must be some kind of global problem and not a problem with reduction jewellery or passives. After all I would bet you have no stamina reduction glyphs or medium armour on your magicka sorc?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading the number difference, it seems like cost reduction glyphs aren't working ? Because they offer 600 reduction, which seems to be the cost difference.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    GTech_1 wrote: »
    wait for it...
    OVER 9,000!!! (sorry)

Thinking on this, it must be some kind of global problem and not a problem with reduction jewellery or passives. After all I would bet you have no stamina reduction glyphs or medium armour on your magicka sorc?

You are correct.
    No medium armor, no Stam cost reduction glyphs on my jewelry.
    My Sorc is a Magicka tank, with 5 heavy, 2 light.

I have block cost reduction glyphs, and the Stam ability cost reduction champion passive (Thief line) is at about 5.6%, or something like that. I also run the block cost reduction champion passive from the warrior line, at roughly 12%.

Other than the sorc passive, and block related cost reduction passives from both the 1H/shield and heavy armor lines, I do not have anything else that would reduce, or modify, stamina costs.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok did some more testing.

Went completely naked and refunded all my CP's.

BoL:
    Tooltip: 3891
    Actual : 5003

Puncturing Sweep:
    Tooltip: 2502
    Actual: 3217

So what this shows is still a very large discrepancy between tooltip and actual even with virtually no passives (I still had my Breton 3% reduction passive active).

So it is not armour passives or glyphs or CP's that are causing the increase (or lack of a decrease), it is something more internal in the calculations of cost for skills.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And just on a side note the tooltip vs actual on live is exactly correct every time.
    Edited by danno8 on October 7, 2015 3:15PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks, everyone. We'll take a look on our end and see what's going on.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hooray!

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. That only leaves some glitched dialogue and a couple of bugged quests... :wink:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok did some more testing.

Went completely naked and refunded all my CP's.

BoL:
    Tooltip: 3891
    Actual : 5003

Puncturing Sweep:
    Tooltip: 2502
    Actual: 3217

So what this shows is still a very large discrepancy between tooltip and actual even with virtually no passives (I still had my Breton 3% reduction passive active).

So it is not armour passives or glyphs or CP's that are causing the increase (or lack of a decrease), it is something more internal in the calculations of cost for skills.

So looks like it's something affecting it and not some blanket increase. Naked and no CPs it dropped to 28%.
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running 1 piece of molag kena? I noticed that I was getting the proc off one piece last night.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't just happening in PTS, it's also happening in IC PvP enabled zones on live, and in Cyrodiil. It's seemingly linked to battle leveled or pvp enabled areas.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't just happening in PTS, it's also happening in IC PvP enabled zones on live, and in Cyrodiil. It's seemingly linked to battle leveled or pvp enabled areas.

In regards to the damage reduction issue, it was addressed here by Rich Lambert.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

In regards to the damage reduction issue, it was addressed here by Rich Lambert.

Referring to the cost increase of skills, I am aware of the damage issue that Rich discussed.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue