The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major problem with Bangkorai creatures.... they're not moving

Pangnirtung
Pangnirtung
✭✭✭✭✭
I have logged and re-logged and for the last twenty minutes my character can attack creatures in Bangkorai and they will NOT attack back nor will the move.

Anyone else seeing this?
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I just logged out from there. npcs weren't following when I aggro'd them. There's something wrong with the zone/server.
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this just happening in Bangkorai, or have you tried to go to other zones? It sounds like what happens when you get disconnected without getting booted out of the game, but I've never heard of something like that persisting when you re-log...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Dunkmeister
    Dunkmeister
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Is this just happening in Bangkorai, or have you tried to go to other zones? It sounds like what happens when you get disconnected without getting booted out of the game, but I've never heard of something like that persisting when you re-log...

Quite a few were saying in zone chat they were having issues. I relogged as well and the problem persisted. Guildmates in other zones were not having problems, its just in Bangkorai
    Edited by Dunkmeister on August 28, 2015 10:22PM
    Dunkmeister - DK Firemage AD NA Server
    PVE Achievement Collector
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite a few were saying in zone chat they were having issues. I relogged as well and the problem persisted. Guildmates in other zones were not having problems, its just in Bangkorai
    Whoa, weird... Umm, @ZOS_GinaBruno I hate to summon you about a possible server issue after the night you had last night, but any idea about this?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just visited Razaks Wheel and everything is normal in there but outside still no creatures fighting back.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just went to Craglorn and its normal for me there. Returned to Bangkorai and still its buggy.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really bizarre. What server are you guys on? When you attack them and kill them, do they respawn eventually, or do they just stay dead?
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why can't this kind of stuff happen to me in Cyrodiil?
    ninja.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on August 28, 2015 10:34PM
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really bizarre. What server are you guys on? When you attack them and kill them, do they respawn eventually, or do they just stay dead?

NA PC/MAC and only in Bangkorai it seems. They dont even attack back but they do respawn.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NA PC/MAC and only in Bangkorai it seems. They dont even attack back but they do respawn.
    Huh. The fact that they respawn even though they don't react only makes it weirder in my mind.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Mighty_oakk
    Mighty_oakk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah payback time for all the occasions those mobs killed you when you lagged out!
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged out because it isn't any fun at all. It might be easy points but its too easy.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think I've seen a couple of mentions of this in the last few weeks in other areas.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPCs not working correctly in AD. Did the first quest in AD and the NPCs were not red nor did they take damage from me. I had to let them kill me, spawn into the wayshrine and come back twice before I could kill them. Just went after some random mob in Crag and had the same thing happen. In mid fight they just stop taking damage from me. Related to the above issue, not sure. Just thought I would throw it in the hat since it is quite odd. Was in AD with a level 7 and Crag with an EP V14. Latency and such is fine so not sure what the deal is.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The creatures would take arrow damage but if I tried to bash them from a distance no go. It was like they werent there.
  • bigbabyleonb16_ESO
    I had this earlier as well, was thinking it was my bad virgin internet. I later started getting killed with 1 hit once they started moving (reported it)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hmm, we'll take a look and see what's going on. Thanks guys!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MAOofDC
    MAOofDC
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is still an issue. Also lighting flood doesn't work I can cast the spell lose the magicka but the spell has no effect on the mobs but only in Bankorai.
    Guild Master of the Guild <The Wrath of Sheogorath>. CHEESE AND CABBAGE FOR EVERYONE!!!

• Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Molag Bal's Planemeld phase #2 has initiated. Goodbai Bangkorai!
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that's just Mephala playing tricks on you.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So it's been more than 12 hours since any of the local denizens of bangkorai were able to move.

• Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next day and Bangkorai is still broken. Just logged on and no creatures attack back or move towards you.

Anybody working the weekend shift at Zenimaz?
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    So that will be one of those World Taekwondo Federation issues that takes a good while to figure out. Especially since only 1 zone is exhibiting the problem.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So that will be one of those World Taekwondo Federation issues that takes a good while to figure out. Especially since only 1 zone is exhibiting the problem.

In the big picture this is a tiny thing that will probably be ignored until the update on Monday.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    True, suspect it is one of those, "Reboot. Did that fix it?" issues.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I guess some information could possible be helpful.

NA-PC-AD~6pm est yesterday, all creatures and denizens of Bangkorai went on strike and are staging a massive union slowdown. They refuse to move and will only fight back if they have a ranged attack or are near you.

That's ~15 hours of this nonsense now.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it makes you feel better. It is only the V10 Gold area of Bangkorai.

To help out the people who like tin foil hats...

Silver and Regular Bangkorai work just fine.
    V10 Reaper's March and Rift work just fine. Blue cat wranglers and red atronach smashers are still out doing the rounds.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be a vast conspiracy to prevent cluster farming...
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a vast conspiracy to prevent cluster farming...

I noticed that there aren't any characters farming spiders like there usually are. LOL

No spiders can be taunted to chase you like the farmers do.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right. AD NA players in the V10 area can't cluster farm right now because all of the monsters in that area will not move once engaged in combat. They can do regular patrols, but any ability that also gives mobility will not work as well as regular monster mobility.

This is not the case in the V10 Reaper's March and the V10 Rift.

Conspiracy theorists may conclude that this is an induced case of testing a cluster farm breaker.