The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SERVER CRASH AGAIN?!

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would people do if we were thrown into the dark ages? Todays society is so dependant and spoiled. I can see mass hysteria if you had to go outside in the daylight and see real people or read a book....lol
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    wormfudge wrote: »
    This games Player vs. Server content is some of the best I've seen in gaming for a long time. Very challenging.

I especially enjoy the Loading Screen boss. I can kill it most of the time, but every once in a while I must mess up my rotation and get my ass handed to me.

LOL
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    What would people do if we were thrown into the dark ages? Todays society is so dependant and spoiled. I can see mass hysteria if you had to go outside in the daylight and see real people or read a book....lol

That would be an awful experience, I want my mummy.
    Steam Profile | Discord: Oliver#0001 | EU Megaserver: @ViscousSummer88
  • wormfudge
    wormfudge
    ✭✭✭
    This games Player vs. Server content is some of the best I've seen in gaming for a long time. Very challenging.

I especially enjoy the Loading Screen boss. I can kill it most of the time, but every once in a while I must mess up my rotation and get my ass handed to me.

That guys rough. You've gotta really be prepared for his AoE, or when he pops just right with an "unusually long load time." Get hit with that and there's rarely any coming back
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k2blader wrote: »
    DaffyDilly wrote: »
    I wouldn't have been so irked if one of the ZOS people hadn't posted the problem was fixed and for anyone still experiencing issues to check with his/her ISP. The problem wasn't/isn't my ISP, ffs. Just totally irresponsible to post something like that.

Unfortunately for most if not all MMO'S that is a standard issue response. Expecially early in a server crash.

I guess I think Zeni should know how their servers run and whether or not they are on or offline or having issues. Check their own stuff out first to make sure it's working right. Not blame me and/or my ISP when I know for a fact all my other internet apps and even games are working fine.

Also, I used to subscribe to WoW and never saw Blizz tell folks to check with their ISPs during WoW server outages.

Well, here's the deal, Level3 is actually a 3rd party carrier. It's not ZOS'. It's a carrier for a lot of telecommunication companies, and ZOS is one of them. I'm not saying that Level3 is a crappy carrier, it's not, but they will have down times. I know this because I have worked in a phone company that has Level3 as one of it's carrier and there are rare times that their systems will go down. I know it's really frustrating, and as much as everyone else, I hope their systems don't go down. But again, these are devices there will be some instances were we cannot avoid unfortunate events like this. And believe me, carriers like Level3 are working their butts off trying to resolve this issue, because this does not affect ESO players like us only. And as long as this doesn't happen on a regular basis, I'm good.

"We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    There is PVP on the forums everytime the server goes wacky. I thank you all for the entertainment while i watch a movie. (being honest btw) some good opinions
    Edited by Soulsix on August 28, 2015 9:50AM
    Woking Mans Guild, Laid Back Questing And Help - ESG - On ESO NA - To Join Contact SoulSix (Syphiona) OR SS Arogonian

• Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    me_ming wrote: »
    jonjees wrote: »
    for eso plus members, it is still a subscription.
    for whatever reasons eso is down, compensation needs to be given to subscription users.
    in this era where redundancy, high availability and business continuity are all viable solutions, this should not be happening.

likewise down for patching, crashes and what nots, the subs needs to be compensated, because they have paid for the service.

I understand you're frustrated by this, but you're being irrational. It's NOT an ESO/Zenimax issue it's a carrier issue. Meaning if you want compensation go ask Level3.

What customers like yourself don't understand, is that technological devices have down times. They're not perfect. And servers will go down. It's something avoidable, yes, but that doesn't mean that they will work 100% of the time. Telecommunication companies, of course, will try to maintain it, but still you can't fault them for down times. Things happen deal with it.

It's not like you can't play the game for weeks, because of the down time.

And just for your clarification it is a server issue. The carrier which the ESO servers are, is down. That's why you can't access the game. I'm not sure if Zenimax have different carriers for different servers (I am guessing they might, since some of your friends can play the game). To clarify even further Level3 is a (CLEC) carrier, that holds databases for different telecommunication companies, and if their (Level3) systems are down so does everyone that are using that carrier.

I subscribe monthly, and I wouldn't mind for a compensation, but it will be on ESO's discretion. I won't beg for it, because I understand that this was out of their hands.

No, that's completely the wrong mindset to have. Zenimax chose to use Level 3's services therefore they are responsible if their are any issues. Why should we, me and you and everyone else, be given the short straw because of the failure of Zenimaxs third-party supplier? The answer is we shouldn't and we never should be, this goes without saying for all companies you're a customer of!

It's not acceptable for someone or a company to expect their customers to accept down time and a company should have measures in place for such situations if it be directly their service issue of that of their third-party suppliers. I use the term "measures in place" very broadly, from having redundancy to giving, me and you, customer reimbursement and that is something that we as customers should and are allowed to expect, regardless of what a companies ToS states. At the end of it, if they like their customers and appreciate their customers they would understand this and seek reimbursement from their third-party supplier (Level 3) after the fact.

Time is not relevant, it's already been stated that the connections are now going through and that they are now performing maintenance off their own back, you tell me would you class this as their third-parties failure or their failure now? Difficult isn't it? But fundamentally it does not matter. We, as customers, can not be expected to accept are service disruption, regardless of the company, due to their suppliers.

Finally, you should not have to beg, a simple ticket to support or even a phone call expressing that you do not feel the service provided was acceptable, it's a company, you're the customer, raise your concerns- That is not begging, that's called wanting the service you pay for.

1) I actually find it the opposite of a failure that they are doing maintenance now. In fact I would find it a failure were they not to restart everything and make sure it is all running as expected before letting everyone in and possibly finding major issues.

2) You do not understand how Level 3 and the net work. Zos doesn't choose to have level 3's services. I doubt zos deals with level 3 in any real meaningful way. As I explained previously, level 3 is sort of like the isp to the major isps. (okay admittedly that is a drastic oversimplification but still...) That is why large chunks of ATT, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner and other isps were down. That is why data centers operated by dozens if not hundreds of different companies were down. I'm pretty sure it was one of these third parties that Zos deals with.

3) in another post you stated that you expect a game you pay for to be up at least 90% of the time. Well even with 12 hours out of a month in maintenace time that is still only about .61% down time. 30 days times 24 hours is 720 hours. 12/720 = .0166. or 1.6% lets just say they are out for a whole day this month. That would still mean they are only down 3.33% of the time, which means they are running 96.66% of the time.
    Edited by Greeniewolfub17_ESO on August 28, 2015 9:58AM
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar storm is a good blame

Even Level 3's site doesn't give the reason, but I think you're gonna be right. lol

Still, I think people should stop posting NOAA junk until there's a "confirm" that was cause.

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭

That guys rough. You've gotta really be prepared for his AoE, or when he pops just right with an "unusually long load time." Get hit with that and there's rarely any coming back

LOL!

• Skcarkden
    Skcarkden
    ✭✭✭✭

1) i can read fine and i have also mentioned my friends were in game during this outage, so maybe 1 of us needs a reading program. btw this game is to service the world not just your city or only in US. think bigger.

2) so u didnt wonder or ask why the forums worked while the game doesnt?

3) can you pay my sub too in the future? i got paypal.

4) yup but i did pay and it has always gone crashing or gone down, lets refer to item 3

1) Your friends have nothing to do with his city not being struck down from net access.

2) He doesn't need to wonder, because he clearly knows how networks work. That is, the game can be down but the forum still works because they are not on the same network. Kind of like how you can use a train station, some places you only need to use one train to reach, but others you have to switch to another train to get into a different network to reach different areas.

EDIT: I accidently messed up the quoting format, fixed it up.
    Edited by Skcarkden on August 29, 2015 7:55AM
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭
    for whatever reasons eso is down, compensation needs to be given to subscription users.
    in this era where redundancy, high availability and business continuity are all viable solutions, this should not be happening.

likewise down for patching, crashes and what nots, the subs needs to be compensated, because they have paid for the service.

I understand you're frustrated by this, but you're being irrational. It's NOT an ESO/Zenimax issue it's a carrier issue. Meaning if you want compensation go ask Level3.

What customers like yourself don't understand, is that technological devices have down times. They're not perfect. And servers will go down. It's something avoidable, yes, but that doesn't mean that they will work 100% of the time. Telecommunication companies, of course, will try to maintain it, but still you can't fault them for down times. Things happen deal with it.

And just for your clarification it is a server issue. The carrier which the ESO servers are, is down. That's why you can't access the game. I'm not sure if Zenimax have different carriers for different servers (I am guessing they might, since some of your friends can play the game). To clarify even further Level3 is a (CLEC) carrier, that holds databases for different telecommunication companies, and if their (Level3) systems are down so does everyone that are using that carrier.

I subscribe monthly, and I wouldn't mind for a compensation, but it will be on ESO's discretion. I won't beg for it, because I understand that this was out of their hands.

No, that's completely the wrong mindset to have. Zenimax chose to use Level 3's services therefore they are responsible if their are any issues. Why should we, me and you and everyone else, be given the short straw because of the failure of Zenimaxs third-party supplier? The answer is we shouldn't and we never should be, this goes without saying for all companies you're a customer of!

It's not acceptable for someone or a company to expect their customers to accept down time and a company should have measures in place for such situations if it be directly their service issue of that of their third-party suppliers. I use the term "measures in place" very broadly, from having redundancy to giving, me and you, customer reimbursement and that is something that we as customers should and are allowed to expect, regardless of what a companies ToS states. At the end of it, if they like their customers and appreciate their customers they would understand this and seek reimbursement from their third-party supplier (Level 3) after the fact.

Time is not relevant, it's already been stated that the connections are now going through and that they are now performing maintenance off their own back, you tell me would you class this as their third-parties failure or their failure now? Difficult isn't it? But fundamentally it does not matter. We, as customers, can not be expected to accept are service disruption, regardless of the company, due to their suppliers.

Finally, you should not have to beg, a simple ticket to support or even a phone call expressing that you do not feel the service provided was acceptable, it's a company, you're the customer, raise your concerns- That is not begging, that's called wanting the service you pay for.

1) I actually find it the opposite of a failure that they are doing maintenance now. In fact I would find it a failure were they not to restart everything and make sure it is all running as expected before letting everyone in and possibly finding major issues.

2) You do not understand how Level 3 and the net work. Zos doesn't choose to have level 3's services. I doubt zos deals with level 3 in any real meaningful way. As I explained previously, level 3 is sort of like the isp to the major isps. (okay admittedly that is a drastic oversimplification but still...) That is why large chunks of ATT, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner and other isps were down. That is why data centers operated by dozens if not hundreds of different companies were down. I'm pretty sure it was one of these third parties that Zos deals with.

First off, I feel that your tone is very rude. Secondly, it's not our job as the customer to have to understand their systems or any systems they use for that matter, that is their problem entirely.

But again, why should we, as customers, be expected to sit back and not have our concerns in regards to downtime, at the end of the day Level 3 are not the only supplier, the data centre they use is not the only data centre. There will be plenty of companies which were not affected. It really does not matter which third-party company you want to point the finger at, they use them in some form if that be the supplier of the date centre or if they be directly related.

But thank you for your "insight".
    Edited by ViscousSummer88 on August 28, 2015 9:56AM
  • NDwarf
    NDwarf
    ✭✭✭

I would level up my bow skill and practice squatting down to sneak around people.

-edit make that crossbow. Forgot we have crossbows in real life. Also handy in case of zombies.
    Edited by NDwarf on August 28, 2015 9:56AM
    "When people !@# with you you !@# with them ten times worse. Next thing you know, you're in a motel room with 24 beers and a half bucket of chicken. You see, that's how you get things done." Ricky, Trailer Park Boys.
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭

The Dashboard Spell does a number on me, its a one hit deal. Might be my DNS armor they tell me, but i still think my Disconnect Embrace armor holds up good enough. I can use a Green A-button stone to rez usually
    Edited by Soulsix on August 28, 2015 9:55AM

• k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have been so irked if one of the ZOS people hadn't posted the problem was fixed and for anyone still experiencing issues to check with his/her ISP. The problem wasn't/isn't my ISP, ffs. Just totally irresponsible to post something like that.

Unfortunately for most if not all MMO'S that is a standard issue response. Expecially early in a server crash.

I guess I think Zeni should know how their servers run and whether or not they are on or offline or having issues. Check their own stuff out first to make sure it's working right. Not blame me and/or my ISP when I know for a fact all my other internet apps and even games are working fine.

Also, I used to subscribe to WoW and never saw Blizz tell folks to check with their ISPs during WoW server outages.

Well, here's the deal, Level3 is actually a 3rd party carrier. It's not ZOS'. It's a carrier for a lot of telecommunication companies, and ZOS is one of them. I'm not saying that Level3 is a crappy carrier, it's not, but they will have down times. I know this because I have worked in a phone company that has Level3 as one of it's carrier and there are rare times that their systems will go down. I know it's really frustrating, and as much as everyone else, I hope their systems don't go down. But again, these are devices there will be some instances were we cannot avoid unfortunate events like this. And believe me, carriers like Level3 are working their butts off trying to resolve this issue, because this does not affect ESO players like us only. And as long as this doesn't happen on a regular basis, I'm good.

I know it's not technically Zeni's fault. That's not what bothered me. Maybe you missed my previous post on what did. Anyway, no need to hash it over any more. I'm a bit sad to not be able to play (gives me some distraction from the summer night heat), but hopefully things will be working tomorrow. :-)

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Time is not relevant, it's already been stated that the connections are now going through and that they are now performing maintenance off their own back, you tell me would you class this as their third-parties failure or their failure now? Difficult isn't it? But fundamentally it does not matter. We, as customers, can not be expected to accept service disruption, regardless of the company, due to their suppliers.

I'm telling you right now, it's not only Zenimax who have Level3 as their carrier, a lot of the big companies have Level3 as their carries. What I'm saying is, Level3 is a known reliable carrier, but of course, technology is not perfect. It has the capacity to go down. You not having the patience to accept this is just plain ignorance to how devices should work.

I know people like yourself too well. You're not really customers who want their money's worth. You just want free stuff. Oh well...

"We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulsix wrote: »
    There is PVP on the forums everytime the server goes wacky. I thank you all for the entertainment while i watch a movie. (being honest btw) some good opinions

Atleast its more balanced :p
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • McSwaggins
    McSwaggins
    ✭✭✭
    Im playing in PTS atm, seems to be running fine.
  • Delgent
    Delgent
    ✭✭✭

Time is not relevant, it's already been stated that the connections are now going through and that they are now performing maintenance off their own back, you tell me would you class this as their third-parties failure or their failure now? Difficult isn't it? But fundamentally it does not matter. We, as customers, can not be expected to accept service disruption, regardless of the company, due to their suppliers.

First...world...problems...

All of these services rely on hardware, and people...and neither one of them have been perfected to the point that they provide 100% uptime. I'd enjoy watching you at work if your boss implemented the same standard you express here, where any time you make the smallest mistake, or don't work up to your full potential, even for a few seconds, your pay would be reduced to compensate for the lack of 100% work efficiency uptime.

I'm one of those who has been playing since beta, and my experience is ESO uptime has been more reliable than many other games I've played over the years. I subscribe as well, six months at a shot, and even with a bit of downtime here and there, I have no doubt I'm getting my money's worth.

Step away from the keyboard, you'll be alright, I promise!

To live for good is to die in the name of honor.
    SEEK AND DESTROY
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep that was what we were told earlier as the server started to wobble - contact your ISP. :/

It was also after nearly 48 hours of wobbling that had already resulted in one unscheduled maintenance.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2015 10:01AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • ZOS_MichaelServotte
    ZOS_MichaelServotte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maintenance is on its way and services are coming back up one after the other. We are now checking all services, tools and the state of the different megaservers, and we hope to get everything back up, running, and opened to players within the next hour or so.
    Michaël Servotte
    Community Manager (FR) - Gestionnaire de communauté francophone - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Its a Trap! ANd the EU server is Located in Germany, why is it down? >:>
    Edited by Alcast on August 28, 2015 10:17AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's not technically Zeni's fault. That's not what bothered me. Maybe you missed my previous post on what did. Anyway, no need to hash it over any more. I'm a bit sad to not be able to play (gives me some distraction from the summer night heat), but hopefully things will be working tomorrow. :-)

yeah, sorry to hear that you can't play the game man. Same here, if that's a consolation. :neutral:

• Greeniewolfub17_ESO

First off, I feel that your tone is very rude. Secondly, it's not our job as the customer to have to understand their systems or any systems they use for that matter, that is their problem entirely.

But again, why should we, as customers, be expected to sit back and not have our concerns in regards to downtime, at the end of the day Level 3 are not the only supplier, the data centre they use is not the only data centre. There will be plenty of companies which were not affected. It really does not matter which third-party company you want to point the finger at, they use them in some form if that be the supplier of the date centre or if they be directly related.

My tone isn't rude. your demanding free stuff and talking down to everyone here is.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • ViscousSummer88
    ViscousSummer88
    ✭✭✭

I'm telling you right now, it's not only Zenimax who have Level3 as their carrier, a lot of the big companies have Level3 as their carries. What I'm saying is, Level3 is a known reliable carrier, but of course, technology is not perfect. It has the capacity to go down. You not having the patience to accept this is just plain ignorance to how devices should work.

I know people like yourself too well. You're not really customers who want their money's worth. You just want free stuff. Oh well...

It's not wanting free stuff at all or not having patience, it's wanting the service you pay for and for the record I work in customer service myself. There is nothing wrong with expressing your concerns towards a company, that's why they have departments to deal with that!

Oh and let me just put this down here because no doubt someone will go off saying that I hate Zenimax and ESO and should just stop playing if I don't like it... blah, blah. Not the case at all, why should I hate them or stop playing, I like the game and company for their games. Stop going all crazy corporate customer.
    Edited by ViscousSummer88 on August 28, 2015 10:04AM
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solar storm is a good blame

Even Level 3's site doesn't give the reason, but I think you're gonna be right. lol

Still, I think people should stop posting NOAA junk until there's a "confirm" that was cause.

I agree. I haven't find anything so far about a major solar storm. A solar storm effects exposed power lines and satellites, not underground telecommunications lines. A severe solar storm could wipe out the entire power grid which could indirectly shut down the Internet.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the fact that some people think contingency planning could not have forseen this eventuality.
    I hope no-one ever makes the mistake of employing you for contingency planning, because that is exactly what it is about. A good contingency planner will allow for a direct meteor strike on the server and have a fully costed plan B just in case.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2015 10:04AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Batavia
    Batavia

actually some insight in what is and is not within their control is to be expected.

If you buy a car you are expected to know you need to feed it gassoline and if you drive over a spike strip it is not healthy for your tires. If you get a cab you are also expected to know that they cannot get you across the country within an hour (unless you live in luxemburg). You get a service from zenimax and they are expected to do everything Within reason to deliver that service. However some things are out of their control and that is OK.

Zenimax. Keep up the good work!
  • wormfudge
    wormfudge
    ✭✭✭
    Soulsix wrote: »

The Dashboard Spell does a number on me, its a one hit deal. Might be my DNS armor they tell me, but i still think my Disconnect Embrace armor holds up good enough. I can use a Green A-button stone to rez usually

Oh my. See I'm on the PS4 version of the game, so I think it's a little tougher than on other systems. It's an everchanging landscape really. Keeps me on the edge of my seat. One minute my squad of four is at odds with the loading screen, then BAM, the boss spawns his adds known as PSN. Pretty unpredictable fight if you ask me. I mean, online it tells me to rearrange my DNS bar, but I just keep asking myself WWDD "what would deltia do?!"
  • jonjees
    jonjees
    ✭✭

but you really need to learn how to use quote.

so if my friends can play the game during the network outage is the server down? it just means our route is down, while those connecting via other routes will work.
    i know that the forums are hosted at a different location obviously, but my question was why does it work while the game doesnt?

so maybe the game should get another carrier or host?
    think about that, because my replies to him arent really questions.
    Edited by jonjees on August 28, 2015 10:06AM
  • Soulsix
    Soulsix
    ✭✭
    I'd enjoy watching you at work if your boss implemented the same standard you express here, where any time you make the smallest mistake, or don't work up to your full potential, even for a few seconds, your pay would be reduced to compensate for the lack of 100% work efficiency uptime.

LOL sorry but that for me was the ice on the cake end all discussion knock out punch! well put in fact. (just my opinion)