The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SERVER CRASH AGAIN?!

• DetoXx
    DetoXx
    Soul Shriven
    What do ESO's servers and my alliance level have in common?
    Level 3.

I'll see myself out.

Edited by DetoXx on August 28, 2015 6:45AM
    [FONT=Roboto Condensed, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Immortal Detoxx - Xbox One - DC[/FONT]
    [FONT=Roboto Condensed, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
    [FONT=Roboto Condensed, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Detoxx - VR14 Breton Dragonknight Tank[/FONT]
    [FONT=Roboto Condensed, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Not Detoxx - VR1 Khajiit Nightblade DPS[/FONT]
    [FONT=Roboto Condensed, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Bullitt wrote: »
    I don't care what anybody says about reporting me or whatever I didn't say nothing wrong I've been trying to get a hold of them because their stuff does not work and if you're going to sit back and not say nothing about their stuff not working and always messing up and always crashing then you're just as bad as them and I could care less OK I'm not on here to impress anybody I'm just hoping the main people that make the game read this and understand that there's people out here they get really Mad when they pay for something that doesn't work so if you like paying for stuff that doesn't work that's on you because I can send you a box of rocks and they won't do nothing so I can care less report do you turn blue in the face because there is something out there for false reporting

Regardless of any reporting or anything you cannot blame Zenimax for this downtime because it isn't their fault. No gaming company can be prepared for something so spontaneous that isn't even happening on their end.

Errrr. any company that doesn't have an emergency back up plan, that is kind of their fault. Not the outage in the first place, but having no contingency planning... well...

The blame would be on Level3 then, not Zenimax. It's also on the EU server host. This isn't a recurring incident though so this is one downtime that nobody has any right to gripe at Zenimax about. It's not like anyone prepares for interference from space that you can't possibly predict.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    DetoXx wrote: »
    What do ESO's servers and my alliance level have in common?
    Level 3.

I'll see myself out.

But you're not level 3 on the forums so nyah.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What interference from space?
  • SkylarkAU
    SkylarkAU
    ✭✭✭✭
    tumblr_mp60fcUc9z1qmiff2o1_500.jpg
    Skylärk // v16 Stamina DK (AvA 23)
    Elizabeth Skylark // v16 Magicka Sorc (AvA 29)
    Tauriel Skylark // v16 Stamina NB (AvA 12)
    Alexander Skylark // v2 Magicka Templar
    Terra Australis XI // v2 Magicka DK
    Nocturnal | RÀGE
    << PC/NA/AD >>

Youtube
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what anybody says about reporting me or whatever I didn't say nothing wrong I've been trying to get a hold of them because their stuff does not work and if you're going to sit back and not say nothing about their stuff not working and always messing up and always crashing then you're just as bad as them and I could care less OK I'm not on here to impress anybody I'm just hoping the main people that make the game read this and understand that there's people out here they get really Mad when they pay for something that doesn't work so if you like paying for stuff that doesn't work that's on you because I can send you a box of rocks and they won't do nothing so I can care less report do you turn blue in the face because there is something out there for false reporting

Regardless of any reporting or anything you cannot blame Zenimax for this downtime because it isn't their fault. No gaming company can be prepared for something so spontaneous that isn't even happening on their end.

Errrr. any company that doesn't have an emergency back up plan, that is kind of their fault. Not the outage in the first place, but having no contingency planning... well...

The blame would be on Level3 then, not Zenimax. It's also on the EU server host. This isn't a recurring incident though so this is one downtime that nobody has any right to gripe at Zenimax about. It's not like anyone prepares for interference from space that you can't possibly predict.

Do they pay you for this or something?

Also damn straight I want an extra day on my ESO plus sub, they should have INSURANCE to cover that.
    Edited by Epona222 on August 28, 2015 6:46AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Level3 is down in Texas which is where the North American ESO servers are.Here is a map of the Level 3 outrages: Level 3 outages

There doesn't look like any Level 3 outages in Germany where the EU severs are.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkylarkAU wrote: »
    tumblr_mp60fcUc9z1qmiff2o1_500.jpg

brb dying

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    What interference from space?

...My name isn't rePete you know so you just go ahead and stay mad AngryNord. After all it's in your name.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »
    Looks like the Level3 is down in Texas which is where the North American ESO servers are.Here is a map of the Level 3 outrages: Level 3 outages

http://www.neowin.net/news/level3-suffering-major-outages-effects-are-felt-worldwide
    A quote from that news link:
    "Level 3 Communications, based in Broomfield, Colorado, provides Internet service via their Tier 1 network to Internet carriers in Europe, Asia, and North America. This means we will currently see problems with a range of services in the UK, Germany, and United States that all use the Level3 network."
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO

And to be fair, many of these companies such as Level 3 are probably going to be developing plans to either prevent this from happening again if possible or to anticipate and recover faster if not.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • Listatta
    Listatta

. This isn't a recurring incident though so....

Hum this is the second time this summer that level3 has owned up to this crap
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Do they pay you for this or something?

Also damn straight I want an extra day on my ESO plus sub, they should have INSURANCE to cover that.

I'm a guy that doesn't take things out on who is not to blame, that's all. Since this is a once in a blue moon incident I'm not bothered by the downtime.
  • RizaHawkeye
    RizaHawkeye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bullsomething

it's times like this i wonder how people can bother to capitalize correctly, yet not use a single comma or period.

I always imagine them succumbing to a lack of oxygen ...

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace.

Riza Hawkeye

Learn to play, or resign to become one of pieces that is meant to be sacrificed.

Meridia
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ive finallly read this whole thread. My god you all are funny lol. Does anyone know when it will be back up?

No, possibly after a major reboot of the sun by the sound of it :D
    (I wonder if they have tried turning it off and back on again?) :D:D
    Haha, I said the same thing 3 hours ago. ;D

"Did anyone try turning the internet off and back on again?"

The only line I remember from Spaceballs (well, other than the really weird makeout scene ... "Your helmet is so big ...")

Dark Helmet: "What's the matter Colonel Sanders? Chicken??"
    Did you know that makeout scene wasn't scripted at all, and Rick Moranis was just screwing around? They thought it was so funny that they just left it in.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RSram wrote: »

Just tried again, "Frankfurt" server still down.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • K4RMA
    K4RMA
    ✭✭✭✭
    I warned you ZOS...

But you nerfed dodge roll
    nerf mdk
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launcher won't even load, very bad crash
  • Greeniewolfub17_ESO
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Since normally right about now I would be sharing this with the guilds I am in and I can't, I'll share this with you all instead:
    november echo victor echo romeo, golf oscar november november alpha, golf india victor echo, yankee oscar uniform, uniform papa.
    november echo victor echo romeo, golf oscar november november alpha, Lima echo tango, yankee oscar uniform, delta oscar whisky november.

You're welcome.
    DAMN YOU!!!!

I am so damned. But seriously, there is a reason four of the five guilds I am in now warn recruits and new members there may be traps and rickrolls.
    Me: "Okay lets run to Alessia. Mount up and follow me!"
    Me five seconds later: "Um yeah... totally forgot about that cliff..."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive finallly read this whole thread. My god you all are funny lol. Does anyone know when it will be back up?

The only line I remember from Spaceballs (well, other than the really weird makeout scene ... "Your helmet is so big ...")

Did you know that makeout scene wasn't scripted at all, and Rick Moranis was just screwing around? They thought it was so funny that they just left it in.

Improvision is a many splendored thing... Or perhaps he had that line hidden under his helmet the entire time.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats how relaxing music looks like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NknjE2SBPxw
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Improvision is a many splendored thing... Or perhaps he had that line hidden under his helmet the entire time.

The first time I tried posting this a weird popup appeared and stopped me. I fear these forums are in danger of going down due to the outage too...
  • syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭
    The Hamsters have been hit with the Stam Nurf.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there any one who has access to your Facebook Account there? There are a lot of people complaining about not being able to connect over on your FB page and unfortunately a lot of them are too lazy to click on what other has posted for an answer as to what is going on.

Perhaps someone making an official announcement over there might calm things down a little.

Far too many characters to list any more.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no dodge rolling this one, folks.

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night all ill be back one tomorrow when this is hopefully fix have a good one
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there any one who has access to your Facebook Account there? There are a lot of people complaining about not being able to connect over on your FB page and unfortunately a lot of them are too lazy to click on what other has posted for an answer as to what is going on.

Perhaps someone making an official announcement over there might calm things down a little.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll post something there now.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kreay-Hefner
    Kreay-Hefner
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah im out too. Thanks for the laugh guys
  • Hamrb
    Hamrb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I WANT MY MTV!
    Founder of Sheogorath's Mortals NA PC

Exiled Lannister EP Sorc dps
    Hamrb EP Temp healer or dps
    l mufasa l EP Stamblade
    Fat Tyrion EP DK dps
    Mia Stone AD DK tank or dps
    Finn the Altmer AD Nightmage
    Launch Pad McQuack DC DK DPS
    Sterk Stonecrusher EP Stamplar
    -Wabba Jack DC Stam Sorc
    Sheo's Sweeper DC Magicka Temp
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nebthet78 @ZOS_GinaBruno I've been following the twitter hashtags and updating people on what went down when I can, but an official ZOS tweet would help here too.