Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hard mode and Vet dungeon complete: review

Rshidva
Rshidva
✭✭✭
A team from M12 and WWOT completed today both vet dungeons, including the hard mode.
Took several hours. So it's possible. Alot of strategy and thinking and constantly changing builds throughout the dungeons.

Good job ZoS. Perfectly fine. We are really happy for the good challenge and the xp gain is good for hte difficulty and the time spent inside those dungeons.

We 've been running those dungeons since a while with different teams that's our feedback (a total of around 10-12 players running them:

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom the only four apparent bug is
1- Once one of us fell through the floor saw a giant volcano then popped back up on the floor
2- Throughout the entire dungeons something makes that our mana is somehow working weid. It seems like it's draining super fast down. Per example, Pil0xr, one of the best healers in the game, (completed SO HM before the nerfs in january and other stuff leader of M12). Could only healing sprind 28 times then be completely out of magicka. Tried on my dunmer DK glasscannon build, same thing. Could not see much a difference on my dk tank.
3- One a couple occasion our teammates was running with a templar tank and for some reason we tested the overcharger (first boss) in the prison. While wearing heavy OR light armor he received the same damage from the boss. One shotting him every time. Happened several times (we are talking here about Magivictus one of the super tanks core member of Purple and other stuff). So it's not on his end, we checked every skill every item he was using, everything is fine. Yet the boss would one shot him like if it would do irresistible damage or hit through the block. That was when we tested light vs medium and saw the overcharger does the same damage light and heavy. On our dk tanks or sorc tanks we had no problems whatsoever. (he's the only good temp tank we have in our teams so we could not test further).
4- The first metallic door (where you enter down stairs after talking to the daedra woman, whatever her names is, right before the lever) not always is shown as "open". Often whenwe wayshrine to rez back and continue it shows it as closed. Not dramatic cause we can walk through it.

Oh and your dev's will be happy: we worked a couple hours to find exploits, and ways to "pass by the mechanics" like straight burns and we haven't found none...yet ;) (not true actually I found one way to play with the overcharger on my tank :P )

And whoever named the attack "meat tenderizer" on that second boss kudos!
There is Love
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rshidva wrote: »

Awesomeness, indeed :D! I'm enjoying the return to gameplay instead of simply overpowering mechanics, in the new patch, too. Great post, @Rshidva .
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Oh! and btw most of us are around 300 CP so it's not a 2000CP mega cheese run (for those who are always saying the good players are just CP farmers ;) and that you need a ton of them to do content)
    Edited by Rshidva on July 31, 2015 12:04AM
    There is Love
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Oh! and btw most of us are around 300 CP so it's not a 2000CP mega cheese run (for those who are always saying the good players are just CP farmers ;) and that you need a ton of them to do content)

That doesn't worry me, what worries me is how easy it'll be for good players with somewhere around 600-900 CPs...

I hope we get some clarification from ZOS soon on how they will balance content with the Champion System.
  • Maddux
    Maddux
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only Way i found to tank the Overfiend was taunting him with Inner Fire and run as fast as i can with Speedbuff :D
    His Flurry hits realy hard on Vet and dodging out dosnt work everytime. We whipe a lot on the first Bosses in both Dungeons today but it was Fun because we have to work on the Mechanics and it is a new Challenge.
  • Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    Maddux wrote: »
    The only Way i found to tank the Overfiend was taunting him with Inner Fire and run as fast as i can with Speedbuff :D
    His Flurry hits realy hard on Vet and dodging out dosnt work everytime. We whipe a lot on the first Bosses in both Dungeons today but it was Fun because we have to work on the Mechanics and it is a new Challenge.

I won't disclose the full strats here to keep things juicy for you to work on:
    Three hints:
    - Maxed out phys res
    - -min 33k health
    - alot of heals (big hint there)

There is Love
  • Maddux
    Maddux
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maddux wrote: »

I won't disclose the full strats here to keep things juicy for you to work on:
    Three hints:
    - Maxed out phys res
    - -min 33k health
    - alot of heals (big hint there)
    I tank the Boss in normal Mode without running away but its hard on vet Mode if you just have a v14 Template without the right Gear and Opportunity to craft the Stuff you need. We EU Guys get or Charcopys in almost 2 Weeks and that wil make Things easier.
    But running around in Panicmode looks like an Option for Groups without optimal Gear or Expirience :)

• jessew625ub17_ESO
    jessew625ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So i went in today and gave it a shot. Have 32.4k health, 32.6k physical resist, and a decent healer and was still getting hit with flurry for 38k+ while dodging. If he caught me running while not blocking it was around 43k damage. Also on my healer I have noticed the same problems with healing springs depleting my mag super fast like it is not returning any mag at all.
    Edited by jessew625ub17_ESO on July 31, 2015 11:50PM
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    /lurk
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you dont wanna get spoiled, dont watch.

We did that with Template Characters. Its Veteran Imperial Prison. The first boss hits very very hard.
    But you can easily avoid any damage from him. Watch where our tank is ;)
    At the Flesh Atro Boss, you can basically ignore the "Grenades" and straight nuke the boss until he goes to the pool. Then just aoe the atros down. And afterwards full nuke boss again.
    About the others you see in the video ;)
    (Spoiler contains hints about some boss encounters)
    One other thing thats needs to get looked at by the dev team. At the end boss in Vet mode, When the grp does a bit too much dmg, the boss will only spawn one portal. Which will kill 2 players 100%. Its also visible in the video.

We liked the dungeons so far. Fairly hard and a good challenge. It would be probably easier with our Live Chars and without the lag though. We died alot too. :D

But overall, I am happy with the new dungeons. Might be a bit too hard for the average players though.

https://youtu.be/n8NKHXLfKo4
    Edited by xMovingTarget on August 1, 2015 2:00AM
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    That is so cheese on the first boss...Devs please fix that in the released version.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    That is so cheese on the first boss...Devs please fix that in the released version.

I totally agree. But I think they need to adjust the damage of his flurry a little bit down. A LITTLE BIT ONLY!
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    You can heal through the furry. Tank needs 30K health and have the tank call out when the boss is doing it. Healer can breath him through. When I tanked it I also used COP (Turn Undead) to also a little more mit. All in all this content has made me like tanking again. 1.6 fell into a cycle where the content was easy enough where you could have the healer and tank dpsing while doing their other roles and it became old real fast. This format of having the same content but a vet version is a welcome change and reminds me of the old challenges of newly released VDSA in the past where the group had to really work together as a team and follow mechanics vs the stack and burn methods of 1.6. Good Job ZoS. I look forward to this difficulty of content in future dungeons allowing more experienced players to tackle tougher content while still having the option of normal mode for the more casual player base.
    Edited by MrTtheDK on August 1, 2015 2:11AM
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    5 hist/5 foot v14/2 bloodspawn which is no where near "optimal" in 2.1
    High elf atro mundus.

another hint: healer must time his healing at the correct moment and the tank must coordinate his self heals at the right moment.

another hint: just one coagulated blood that's all I need to survive that boss :)
    There is Love
  • MalaVrazica
    MalaVrazica
    ✭✭✭
    My team and me completed vet versions of new dungeon, not hard modes yet tho. Fights are really fun, especially when you follow mechanics, even tho on some bosses they can be completely avoided with strait burns if you have enough dps in the group. I haven't noticed any problems with my magicka nor the magicka DK we have complained. Maybe it is some problem with template characters.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw a notice pop up telling me that my teammate was being tenderized I just about lost it :D I love it!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear too many good things about the new dungeons, but I don't want to spoil them for me until release, dang it.

Big thanks to all testers!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • olemanwinter
    olemanwinter
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally agree. But I think they need to adjust the damage of his flurry a little bit down. A LITTLE BIT ONLY!

I was tanking and it was hitting me for 1.5k.....4k.......39,0000 damage on the final hit.

That's a bit much indeed imho.
    Y
    Tank needs 30K health and have the tank call out when the boss is doing it.

I dunno about that. I was getting hit for single swings at 39+k PER STRIKE. (with 7 heavy)
    Edited by olemanwinter on August 1, 2015 8:41AM
  • Rshidva
    Rshidva
    ✭✭✭
    That first boss is a pushover, you have wrong build then. The other bosses+ mobs hit much much harder :)
    There is Love
  • Davkin
    Davkin
    I can also report the second point of your List. Our Heal was complaining about problems with his magicka as we did veteran white gold tower.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow all the bosses hit like a truck.
    Signature

• Chuaznega
    Chuaznega
    ✭✭
    The problem is that this DLC dungeons are so hard and annoying that people dont want to do them, they do once or twice or whatever the number of times they need and they dont want to come back again there, trying for hours to finish it, stressing out, not having fun.

If you want to do those new DLC dungeons more than once - like for me, I have 3 tanks, 1 healer, 10 dps, and I want that new helmet for all 3 tanks - it is just annoying, you need elite groups, hours of playing/stressing, just not fun. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Necro, Batman... :o