The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Client Crashes on the PTS

• Komma
    Komma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no crashes after about 30 minutes so far.
    Kohma Kozzy-cr160-Stamblade
    Komma-cr160-Magicblade
    Komma the Great-cr160-Stam DK
    Kommah-cr160-Mag DK
    Komma Kozzy-cr160-Mag Templar
    Kommuh Kozzy-cr160-Stam Templar
    Komma the White-cr160-Mag Sorc
    The Tazmanian Devil-cr160-Stamsorc
    OTG
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is the user settings text file?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update! We have a fix in the cauldron of code, however until that's up, give this a whirl:

Edit your UserSettings.txt file and change the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 setting to 0.

I gave up last night after I was stuck in the disconnect loop in the Memorial District. Gave up after the 10th DC.

After doing what you said, I log back in to the same spot, in the middle of AD an DC all over (more than I have seen to date in one spot), and I was able to fight, die, and fight again.
    Thanks!
  • DeathConjurer
    DeathConjurer
    ✭✭
    my main is vet 13 and got him to vet 14 in beta will they fix that when it officially comes out or is their something we do?
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    WORKS

this temp fix seems to be working played for 30 minutes with it and no crashing. Turned on a few more important add-ons then and ran around for another 30 minutes with no crashing.
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update! We have a fix in the cauldron of code, however until that's up, give this a whirl:

Edit your UserSettings.txt file and change the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 setting to 0.

Just want to get this potential workaround on the current page for visibility. ;)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • maitrescott_ESO

It's been about an hour after making this change and I have had no crash. Thanks
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing on Windows 7, and I can't play in the IC districts because of crashes. There's two ways it usually goes:

1) I enter a District and the other player models haven't loaded yet - they're using the 'shadow' placeholders. As soon as the shadows are replaced with the proper character models, the game crashes.

I had this problem travelling the other way yesterday. I left the Imperial City Prison dungeon and returned to normal Tamriel (weirdly it returned me to the Wayrest wayshrine instead of Daggerfall... a location that I'd never been to with that character). Same thing happened though, game crashed when the shadows were replaced with the player character models. Also on Windows 7.

Pretty sure this isn't a problem with my machine since I'm on a brand-new "extreme gaming" laptop which has 8 GB of graphics RAM and chooses Ultra-High settings off its own bat. I'll try the PlayerStandInsEnabled.2 setting to 0 workaround.

Just wanted to let you know that the crash occurs in both directions, Rest of Tamriel to Imperial City and IC to RoT :)
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    Changing the value in UserSettings worked! No crashes and I've been playing in the Districts for a few hours. :smiley:
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ty
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's crashes after changing the UserSettings:
    • None in the Imperial City Districts or Sewers
    • One on loading a new Lvl 35 template character into Wayrest
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On Win8x machines, this file is located at

C:\Users\SchmucksRUs\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\pts
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really working for me! I had 4 crashes in 15 min last night, and now I've been on for 15 min with none. Thank you!
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    Seeing that there is an option to deposit not only gold but also Tel Var stones in my bank, I tried to do that, but nothing happened. When I pressed Deposit after choosing the number of stones, Cancel was highlighted and was the only option that got me out of the deposit window The stones are still in my inventory.

Edit: Just found out you need to deposit a minimum of 50 stones.
    Edited by Tiruviel on August 1, 2015 12:47AM
  • Fornacis
    Fornacis
    ✭✭
    Absolutely Works!
    Make sure to change the number in parenthesis and dont forget to save. ;)
  • violetarc
    violetarc
    Worked great for me! Thanks!
    ESO Fishing addict? Me too.
    101 Guide & Journal
    http://fishingintamriel.com
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭

This seems to be working for me. About 4 hours of play and no crash, only one Nvidia graphic driver black screen.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Tiruviel wrote: »
    Seeing that there is an option to deposit not only gold but also Tel Var stones in my bank, I tried to do that, but nothing happened. When I pressed Deposit after choosing the number of stones, Cancel was highlighted and was the only option that got me out of the deposit window The stones are still in my inventory.

Even when I have over 50 the deposit button remains gray yet you can still click on it to deposit.
  • Naphariel
    Naphariel
    ✭✭✭

Definitely helped for me, not a single crash in the last ~2 hours.
    Before I was crashing every few minutes.
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    Also having no crashes after editing UserSettings, and I was crashing constantly yesterday. No problems now, even with FTC and Minimap and a few (read: 15 or so) outdated addons enabled.
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiruviel wrote: »

What? You cant be serious. A min to PUT IN THE BANK. Thats nuts. I thought they said a max in bank, not min, to pevent hording. So basically, they want you to run around with 50 TV stones to fodder the other factions when they gank you?

@ZOS_RichLambert Lets get real here.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Pathfindr
    Pathfindr
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

So basically, they want you to run around with 50 TV stones to fodder the other factions when they gank you?

No, they want you to gather a lot more before you even try putting them in the bank. Getting back to the base safely to store the stones is a hassle, sneaking through long tunnels hoping not to get ganked or slaughtered, so you don't want to do that every 50 stones you collect. Or you could just die to NPC and spend 10% TV to go back to base "the easy way". Unless you want to buy the portal stones (500 TV, single use) to port to base.

Luckily none of the things you can buy with them (so far) appeal to me in any way, so I'm just ignoring the entire TV aspect of the game for now. IC has a lot more than Tel Var to offer. :)
    "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies."

PC EU and PC NA
    Nothing to see here, please move on...
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend and I tried the usersettings fix, and I believe we had 0 crashes yesterday when we played for hours both in the sewers and above ground in the Imperial City. :)

Both of us were using FTC too, btw, no problem with crashing after the change.
    Edited by RoamingRiverElk on August 1, 2015 4:19PM
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Jolinius
    Jolinius
    ✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    Memorial District - constant crashing. I even crashed after relogging and finding myself dead. I crashed again before I could hit one of the rez buttons. Maybe you guys need another year for this.......

Addendum:

Players are leaving the area and going back to the sewers. It's totally futile.[/quote
    This .....everywhere else is fine but i dare not enter memorial district.Just constant crashes there. Theres usually more people in that area. But ive seen that many people in other districts with no crashes .
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler The fix you recommended in the Q & A live stream worked for me so far.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    The UserSetting fix helped with performance but random district crashes are still happening (Memorial, Temple).
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fix posted in ESO Live worked for me. Like any Elder Scrolls game. One simple .ini tweak solves all. You better work on a "easier" fix though, I doubt the majority of player base will be aware of this tweak or willingly to try.
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    Still experiencing a lot of lagging, especially when trying to unlock chests. Took me several attempts to unlock a simple lock because it timed out! :o

It would be nice to have a 'return-to-base' option in every district. I found out - the hard way - that leaving a group wasn''t enough, I had to fight my way on my own to another district to find an exit.
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the memorial district for two hours today after applying the fix. No crashes, ran like a silk. Lots of good battles there, both with AD and EP and bosses. It did seem like the district with most player activity.
    Edited by Cously on August 2, 2015 12:22AM
  • Tiruviel
    Tiruviel
    Upon exiting the Imperial City, I find myself outside the - in my case --North Morrowind Gates. I was expecting to find myself at the lake.